Discontinued Zion vaporizer

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hello there you lovely people :wave:

Sun hazed Saturdaze with Johnny.Z . . . . :cool:

Er . . . yep, as you can tell from the 2-tone appearance I really need to finish off that oil rub! As promised I will of course post pics when Johnny's had the full treatement!

Maybe even a pic while he's all oiled up :brow:

Johnny with his pal Benediktiner :) . . . . .

Hope y'all having a great weekend.

:D

Zion,I.

OneLove
:peace:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've spent time creeping this thread waiting to see the end result. My initial interest was simply the name, I love philosophy and religion. After reading all the raving reviews from the great list of beta testers, I decided this was definitely going to be my tax return vape. Now with the extended life time warranty Im really in a pickle. My girlfriend and I are saving for an appointment together in December. If I try to justify spending more money on my 7th vaporizer I don't think I will win her approval over. But 7 is the god number if u follow mathematics...so maybe its a sign haha

Anyways I'm extremely interested in this vape and cant wait to get it home, whenever that might be. (Hopefully sooner than later)

@VegNVape those r some awesome pictures bro
My magic number will be 5 (woulda been 7, but sold off an AA and a Mighty)
AA
AA
Solo
Nano
Zion

@VegNVape
Very nice pics, that will be me very soon, only with some good friends, an AA, Solo, and Nano --- with Zion VAS of course :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For those who have tried the Zion (50 Watts), what do you guys think that the 18 mm unregulated single 18650 might be like at about half the power of the Zion (>25 Watts)?

Word is power may have been raised so its kinda moot at this point. We'll see. That being said it hasn't seemed to be a problem for RBT, just longer preheat for higher temps is all

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
For those who have tried the Zion (50 Watts), what do you guys think that the 18 mm unregulated single 18650 might be like at about half the power of the Zion (>25 Watts)?

Wouldn't the unregulated be 35 watts at peak? I don't know a lot about batteries like these other cats.

What i can say is unless you get an opinion of someone who has actually tried it, you are simply receiving speculation.

I did have the opportunity to try a 10mm Unregulated 18350 and it packed a good punch quick. This 18650 would be more powerful with a more wide open air path (IMO this was a needed revision for these unregulated designs). On a full charge i would assume this would hit pretty hard and pretty quick. Again, just speculation. The heart of the Zi tech is the heater and it is a gem. Using it in a variety of applications is certainly going to be interesting.

bounce5

Word is power may have been raised so its kinda moot at this point. We'll see. That being said it hasn't seemed to be a problem for RBT, just longer preheat for higher temps is all

Power may have been raised on the Single Battery RBT or the Zion?

Also, what is in the air path on the Zion? Is it just glass? Are any electronics , plastics, adhesives in the air path? I assume it will be the same for the other two models.

Wouldn't the unregulated be 35 watts at peak? I don't know a lot about batteries like these other cats.

What i can say is unless you get an opinion of someone who has actually tried it, you are simply receiving speculation.

I did have the opportunity to try a 10mm Unregulated 18350 and it packed a good punch quick. This 18650 would be more powerful with a more wide open air path (IMO this was a needed revision for these unregulated designs). On a full charge i would assume this would hit pretty hard and pretty quick. Again, just speculation. The heart of the Zi tech is the heater and it is a gem. Using it in a variety of applications is certainly going to be interesting.

The picture of the single battery RBT has piqued my interest and I'm just poking around for any information that I could get about it even if it's just a bit of speculation. But like you said, since it has the same heater as the Zion, there will probably be some similarities to how it works. Good to know you tried one and had good effects, and it's even been improved since then. All this sounds promising. I wonder how long the battery will last between charges? How is the Zion doing with batteries? How many sessions/minues before charging is needed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Krazzykid

Not necessarily. The wattage of the heater will depend on the voltage(max 4.2v for 18650) and the final resistance of the heater.
Since the final resistance hasn't been decided, as far as I know, there is no way currently to say what the max wattage will end up as.

To get an accurate measure of the actual wattage we will also need to know the internal resistance of the rest of the device(switches, contacts, battery voltage drop under load, etc).

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I wonder how long the battery will last between charges? How is the Zion doing with batteries? How many sessions/minues before charging is needed?

Er . . . . did someone mention battery performance?

Well alrighty then :D

So, I thought I'd take another bash at some Zion battery testing . . . . and I decided to push 'em just a little bit harder this time!

Take a little look-see here . . . the data provided is number of hits per stem (e.g. 4H = 4 hits/draws), the voltage of the batteries directly after a stem, and the difference in voltage from one stem to the next. The battery voltages remained paired unless otherwise specified.

Power is pretty steadily set to around 75% on the Zionometer for this round of testing.

Oh, and finally, for even more info(!) my inhales range from around 20 to 45 seconds each - just to give you a very rough idea of actual 'on' time. And you'd better add to that my 3 to 15 second pre-heats on the first few pulls from a cold start :)

O.k then, heeeeere we go . . . . :brow:

Starting voltage: 4.18v (2 x LG 18650 cells)

(Readings taken directly after dumping the load)
Stem 1: 4.11v - 4H - .07v
Stem 2: 4.04v - 4H - .07v
Stem 3: 3.98v - 5H - .06v
Stem 4: 3.92v - 6H - .06v
Stem 5: 3.88v - 3H - .03v :evil:
Back2Back
Stem 6: 3.85v - 4H - .03v
Back2Back(ish)
Stem 7: 3.80v - 4H - .05v
Stem 8: 3.76v - 4H - .04v
Stem 9: 3.71v - 4H - .05v
Stem 10: 3.67v - 4H - .04v
Stem 11: 3.64v - 4H - .03v
Back2Back
Stem 12: 3.61v - 4H - .03v
Stem 13: 3.59v - 4H - .02v
Stem 14: 3.57v - 3H - .02v
Stem 15: 3.53v & 3.54v - 4H - .04v/.03v
Stem 16: 3.50v - 4H - .03v
Stem 17: 3.45v & 3.47v - 4H - .05v/.03v
Back2Back
Stem 18: 3.38v & 3.39 - 4H - .07v/.08v :evil:

:whoa:

Fuck me F.C! :ko:

Eighteen stems of pure tasty goodness and they're still pumpin' out vapor!

O.k, so I'm gonna put my battz on charge now 'cuz after all, I'm not in to that type of weird fucking masochism! :bang:

Now, does anyone have any more questions reagrding the Zion's battery life?!! :p

Actually, I'm thinking I could do more. I could take voltage readings directly before I start a stem aswel as directly after it is finished. Because I have noticed that the batteries do sometimes appear to 'recover' a small amount of voltage once they have had time to rest. This would perhaps give an even fuller picture - but I'm just not so sure that I could actually manage it! Sticking to this plan truly was hard enough! :freak:

@bounce5 - the air-path consists of wood, glass and the Zion heater tech. There are no 'electronics' or adhesives in the air-path.

Oh btw, @doubledown - I haven't forgotten about ya! In fact I've got a post on the way that is just for you :tup:

Zion & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on . . . . . . . !!! :cool:

Have a great Sunday everybody.

MuchLove!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@bounce5 I may be wrong and am sure someone will correct me but I think the air path is wood, glass, stainless steel and mica. Again I am not sure I've read all 4 threads and forgotten most of it.
I seem to remember that mica was being used in place of glass as a heat soak.
Me being me I then went off and did a bit of research on mica.
The health risks from mica are minimal and are only present when a significant amount of mica dust is present. I have no concerns about this material being used as RBT has sourced the finest quality.
Apart from anything else hair driers use mica as a separator for the heat elements and it's heated and cooled repeatedly with no reported problems that I can see. Also any particles would have to travel thru the heater screen then the weed and then thru another screen in the stem.
@VegNVape great work on the battery front. I know having done some 'in shed' testing on my 05 battery it can really take it out of you doing this kind of research.:lol:
I worked mine out on my 05 how much in grams a single 18650 would last for. It worked out at 0.6g per 3000mah cell. Your Zion seems a lot better than that and I would be interested how many grams you get from two cells

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I worked mine out on my 05 how much in grams a single 18650 would last for. It worked out at 0.6g per 3000mah cell. Your Zion seems a lot better than and would be interested how many grams you get from two cells

Weew, that sounds like the next project for @VegNVape - making a great Sunday to a whole great week...in the name of science! :science:

Just be sure to actually inhale some air in between :p

bounce5

So, I thought I'd take another bash at some Zion battery testing . . . . and I decided to push 'em just a little bit harder this time!

Take a little look-see here . . . the data provided is number of hits per stem (e.g. 4H = 4 hits/draws), the voltage of the batteries directly after a stem, and the difference in voltage from one stem to the next. The battery voltages remained paired unless otherwise specified.

Power is pretty steadily set to around 75% on the Zionometer for this round of testing.

Oh, and finally, for even more info(!) my inhales range from around 20 to 45 seconds each - just to give you a very rough idea of actual 'on' time. And you'd better add to that my 3 to 15 second pre-heats on the first few pulls from a cold start :)

Back2Back
Back2Back(ish)
Back2Back
Back2Back

O.k, so I'm gonna put my battz on charge now 'cuz after all, I'm not in to that type of weird fucking masochism! :bang:

Now, does anyone have any more questions reagrding the Zion's battery life?!! :p

Actually, I'm thinking I could do more. I could take voltage readings directly before I start a stem aswel as directly after it is finished. Because I have noticed that the batteries do sometimes appear to 'recover' a small amount of voltage once they have had time to rest. This would perhaps give an even fuller picture - but I'm just not so sure that I could actually manage it! Sticking to this plan truly was hard enough! :freak:

@bounce5 - the air-path consists of wood, glass and the Zion heater tech. There are no 'electronics' or adhesives in the air-path.

Oh btw, @doubledown - I haven't forgotten about ya! In fact I've got a post on the way that is just for you :tup:

Zion & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on . . . . . . . !!! :cool:

MuchLove!

Wow, thanks for the info @VegNVape. Then it seems that the Zion is quite battery efficient. It has 4 batteries, right? I wonder how the Single Battery RBT will compare. I know we can only speculate... What materials are included in the Zion heater? Is it just stainless steel and mica as @phattpiggie recalls? Thanks again for answering questions.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer

Back2Back
Back2Back(ish)
Back2Back
Back2Back

MuchLove!

I'm about to spend the next 30 minutes studying this... thank you.
GREAT JOB - 67 hits!!! Two questions; about how much herb per stem, and about how much herb in total? (are we in nano land here efficiency wise?)

BTW - I dreamt it was October and I was waiting for the mailman - musta been that "blue dream" we were enjoying.

Last edited:

doubledown

@VegNVape! Your pics and tests/info are really helping to keep the anticipation up and the anxiety down. We all want our new Zions NOW :) Thanks to kind folks like you who keep feedin' nuggets of goodness my way, I'm able to somewhat patiently wait.
"Good things come to those who wait"

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow, thanks for the info @VegNVape. Then it seems that the Zion is quite battery efficient. It has 4 batteries, right? I wonder how the Single Battery RBT will compare. I know we can only speculate... What materials are included in the Zion heater? Is it just stainless steel and mica as @phattpiggie recalls? Thanks again for answering questions.

Yes, Zion heater is completely only steel, with mica and glass insulators, then the airpath also has wood sheething it of course and the air intake hole. Thats it, minimal wiring thats all tucked into side of wood body out of airpath.

And yes 2 batts for Zion, one for Mini, and its mini that may have been tuned up more, though unsure exactly of final Zion heater power configuration yet regarding the dial. I believe it may max out higher, making each spot on its dial more than mine and Veg's units (like how DieHard's 75 is our 90%).

Part of the technology here is battery efficiency as well as herbal efficiency, it all goes together. Simple design, simple quick strong heat, minimal battery ware. And simple durability!

@Bravesst can't say for sure, but Veg said only 4 hits so those are probably ~.1g bowls, enough to fill just the basket, can kill it 4 hits at our 75%. Ofcourse you can always pack more or less, adjust dial accordingly, can get more hits out of a load or less. This will ofcourse impact battery life as well, but you get a feel for it based on your own use. I have a lot of variety in my useage, but can still track effectively even without a voltmeter and only i2 no d2

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@VegNVape great work on the battery front. I know having done some 'in shed' testing on my 05 battery it can really take it out of you doing this kind of research.:lol:
I worked mine out on my 05 how much in grams a single 18650 would last for. It worked out at 0.6g per 3000mah cell. Your Zion seems a lot better than that and I would be interested how many grams you get from two cells
Unless I'm missing something, no additional testing necessary for this number. Just determine how much our intrepid explorer VegNVape is using to load his stem, multiply by 18 (stems). Divide by 2 (batteries) to get your 'per battery' number..
That number may vary quite a bit based on strain and moisture content, but you should be able to get a good estimate.

Top Bottom