Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@cybrguy that was exactly what I wanted to see, and especially appreciate the measurements from above, thanks!

When using the ELB (and adding that mm or so) does the glass still seat nicely? That seems like a very easy setup if you prefer smaller amounts. The three longer stems in this pic are approximately 98mm as you had mentioned earlier?

Just to clarify, ELB are vapexhale cloud screen capsules, the Arizer ones @cybrguy posted are just EQ basket screens, they don't have the bottom long part like an ELB, they're essentially like an ELB cap. True theyre shallow for small amounts, but you have to be more careful when removing stems from Zion with them imo.

You should also have no issue using a small amount like that with the Zion screens there only a tiny bit deeper, I haven't, just might want to make sure the Zion basket screen has minimal glass rim, making it closer like the EQ screens (more risk of a hot spot with EQ screens in my experience too, not as easy to rotate stem and have it turn the load, and ofcourse they're finer than the current standard Zion screens, so less airflow).

Cybr those OG glass blower stems look great, dig the size. I like the Zion short stem a lot, I actually don't use my long stem at all really, when I do I have a harder time bc of the extra draw power needed for me with the length, and Ziggy has a bigger air intake than everyone else (thanks for the clarification buddy)

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hey guys,

gotta ask something about batteries and about the Ampere . I'm not much into that stuff but have several 18650s and was curious about the compatibility with the Zion... And then I got into some research stuff, unintentionally.

How much A does the Zion pull at max.? I read about the LG18650DH4 (the ones officially sold by RBT, right?) - and theres no offical rating that it makes 35A at pulse, but 20A continuously.
(Offical data sheet here:https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0674/3651/files/LG18650_HE4.PDF)

So I guess 20A is needed. But how much A will there be when at max. power? Read about the potential risks when exceeding this A level.. But again, I don't have a clue about this - the more grateful I am for an answer! :)

Man, I'm too excited... Ziioooon

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have been happily using the dome screens since Sticks recommended them, and especially with my water pieces. We are likely to all have our favorite methods, and variety is the spice of life. I think that Zion is especially suited to variability and choice. That is its biggest strength. That and how hard it hits, when you want to hit it hard.

Added: I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before, but for those not going very far back in the thread: I had benched my FC-187. It doesn't have a very good perc so has poor airflow and I was not getting enough action or bubbles to make it good for vaping so I just put it away. After getting Venus I thought I would see if the better airflow of the Zion made a difference. It DID! With the Zion it got so much more airflow (than my Lotus or my HA) that I actually was able to bring the FC-187 back into my rotation. It is my second favorite now after the FC-UFO. That surprised me quite a bit...

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I actually think with the production models' recessed bowl, the clearance will be even greater than it is now, might not even be able to clear my honeycomb's tank for full revolutions during a hit anymore, but I'll find out eventually some day...
Good thinking. If it was just 3 or 4 millimeters we can reduce the size of the electronics compartment and reduce the amount of knob recess in the V2 release. If we can use a standard adapter it maybe customers will have what they need in there arsenal and won't have to purchase extra glass.

Fission

@pakalolo do you recall where you got the long GonG you use as your stem? I remember the pictures you posted of it, and I think it might be great for me.

Thanks so much for all of the pictures, @cybrguy! They are very helpful. I did some quick calculations comparing the size of the normal GonG you have in the first image, and I think the one I have is about 4mm shorter in the segment between the two joints, which is close enough that I have absolutely no idea if it is tall enough to fit the Zion onto my d020-d :lol:, especially since I hear that the bowl on the production version is a little more recessed into the wood. I think I'll just pick up another longer adapter. Can't hurt to have an extra GonG or two, I figure. I take it that those two longer GonGs are the customs you ordered from Oregon Glass Blower, correct?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yep, Mike made them for me. When I first made my order we didn't know about the ISO/US joint size differences, and when they didn't fit right Mike first tried just cutting off the 4mm difference. They then fit, but the inside diameter was too small. None of this was Mike's fault, but he remade them anyway and now they are right.
Mike wanted to be certain I was happy. That is GREAT customer service. I can't recommend him highly enough.
When you order from @Oregonglassblower , be sure you tell him they are for the Zion.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Ok here's a little something I threw together. Here Loki is shown modeling the Nibbler xL from W9Tech. This little hydro tube will fit the Zion stem with just a 1/4" wide piece of silicone tubing (mine came from the Enano stem. It works really well for what it is. This bubbler is not really designed for high flow/volume, so really a great sipper. Now for the down side. The fit is really snug and solid. That said stirring, packing, cashing, is not as easy to do without either separating it or spilling it.
1bZLOpI.jpg

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
:wave:

Well well well, how about these for some battery stats, eh guys? . . .

So, I finally got around to taking some voltage readings and counting standard stems per charge . . . well almost. I admittedly missed the first actual one or two which is why the 'first' stems finishing voltage listed below is somewhat lower than it should be (because it is actually stem two or three) as my batteries normally start out reading around 4.19/4.18 . . .

Obviously these results only relate to me and my style of Zionation so experiences may well differ from person to person, but this should at least give you a rough idea.

Power on the Zion dial: roughly 80%
No. of draws per stem: mostly 4, sometimes 5, rarely 6.
Stirring half way through.
Oh, & I try to swap the battery positions in between loads but I do forget sometimes . . . :D

Stem # 1
Voltage finish: 4.08 & 4.09

Stem # 2
Voltage finish: 4.02 & 4.03

Stem # 3
Voltage finish: 3.91 & 3.92

Stem # 4
Voltage finish: 3.85 & 3.86

Stem # 5
Voltage finish: 3.77 & 3.78

Stem # 6
Voltage finish: 3.71 & 3.71

Stem # 7
Voltage finish: 3.66 & 3.66

Stem # 8
Voltage finish: 3.63 & 3.64

Stem # 9
Voltage finish: 3.60 & 3.60

That's 9 (count 'em) stems on 1 charge!!! :o

The batteries weren't even completely full!!! And although I recharge at 3.6 for battery longevity they were still kicking out power.

& Oh wow I was blowing beautiful clouds man! Woah!!! :whoa:

These were not back to back sessions either (else I would not be typing this right now!).

This is impressive stuff RBT! :cool:

Johnny just keeps on knocking me sideways! That brother's deep - sooo many damn levels!!!

MAN I LOVE THIS VAPE! :clap:

I don't think I've seen any pics of the screen or how they sit inside glass.

. . . You can push the screens further back for more load capacity if required of course . . .

:)

PeaceLove&Unity
:peace:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo do you recall where you got the long GonG you use as your stem?

Yes, it's the long option when you get a FlashVAPE WPA. I've since found them on DHGate—and lost them again. The difficulty is knowing what search term to use.

I have also come across this little connector from a website called Green Buddha Shop. (Kismet?) I don't know this vendor, I just saw the connector and thought it would work with the Zion. The joints look like US standard, but I'd ask first.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Yes, it's the long option when you get a FlashVAPE WPA. I've since found them on DHGate—and lost them again. The difficulty is knowing what search term to use.

I have also come across this little connector from a website called Green Buddha Shop. (Kismet?) I don't know this vendor, I just saw the connector and thought it would work with the Zion. The joints look like US standard, but I'd ask first.
I have used greenbuddhashop on ioffer. They have a stand-alone
site too. They definately delivered on my order.(banger, A/C, etc)

Fission

I have also come across this little connector from a website called Green Buddha Shop.
Yeah, that one definitely looks like it should do the job. Nice find!
I've since found them on DHGate—and lost them again. The difficulty is knowing what search term to use.
Indeed trying to find the right thing on dhgate is quite a hassle. I think I would marginally prefer a straight adapter to the 90 degree one, so I figured I would look for a while for one like the flashvape adapter. I didn't manage to find one quite like that, but I found a long GonG that I'm quite sure would work.
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/5-pcs-lot-glass-adapter-with-18-8mm-male/217030869.html
The thing with this one: you have to buy it in lots of 5, but considering that, you can still get 5 of them for about 10$ with free shipping. Having too many adapters is a good problem to have, in my opinion. Apparently the colors are random. I don't know if this means you might get 5 different colors in a lot (I would actually love this) or if you just get 5 of a random color (not a fan of the pink that they have displayed). The adapter is 11 cm long in total, compared to about 8 cm for the other 18mm male-male GonG that I have, which I'm pretty sure is typical size. @RastaBuddhaTao should probably be able to confirm if this should provide enough clearance for bubblers with the joint on top.

I would say there's a good chance I'll probably go with a lot of these, and I'll ask them for a rainbow of colors if they'll do it. I think I might do a little more searching, too, to see if I find anything better.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Oh damn all your talk of the flashvape and I hasn't realized it also had double GonG stems for water connection just like Zion! Now the secret of your stem, and thatong bent stem looks like it could be pretty great to use with Zion as well...

That GB Shop adapter is also $8 or so on eBay, I posted a long to that and others some pages back. @Fission there was also a curved one, that @VegNVape also has that would allow Zion to clear most any water piece. Getting 5 of those dhgate oens wouldn't be a bad idea though, I'm sure some here might be willing to split some with you (I'd presume clear colors, but you never know with cheap china glass, they ship whatever they have)

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
:wave:

Well well well, how about these for some battery stats, eh guys? . . .

So, I finally got around to taking some voltage readings and counting standard stems per charge . . . well almost. I admittedly missed the first actual one or two which is why the 'first' stems finishing voltage listed below is somewhat lower than it should be (because it is actually stem two or three) as my batteries normally start out reading around 4.19/4.18 . . .

Obviously these results only relate to me and my style of Zionation so experiences may well differ from person to person, but this should at least give you a rough idea.

Power on the Zion dial: roughly 80%
No. of draws per stem: mostly 4, sometimes 5, rarely 6.
Stirring half way through.
Oh, & I try to swap the battery positions in between loads but I do forget sometimes . . . :D

Stem # 1
Voltage finish: 4.08 & 4.09

Stem # 2
Voltage finish: 4.02 & 4.03

Stem # 3
Voltage finish: 3.91 & 3.92

Stem # 4
Voltage finish: 3.85 & 3.86

Stem # 5
Voltage finish: 3.77 & 3.78

Stem # 6
Voltage finish: 3.71 & 3.71

Stem # 7
Voltage finish: 3.66 & 3.66

Stem # 8
Voltage finish: 3.63 & 3.64

Stem # 9
Voltage finish: 3.60 & 3.60

That's 9 (count 'em) stems on 1 charge!!! :o

The batteries weren't even completely full!!! And although I recharge at 3.6 for battery longevity they were still kicking out power.

& Oh wow I was blowing beautiful clouds man! Woah!!! :whoa:

These were not back to back sessions either (else I would not be typing this right now!).

This is impressive stuff RBT! :cool:

Johnny just keeps on knocking me sideways! That brother's deep - sooo many damn levels!!!

MAN I LOVE THIS VAPE! :clap:

. . . You can push the screens further back for more load capacity if required of course . . .

:)

PeaceLove&Unity
:peace:

Awesome test, lots of precious infos! thanks man!

What batts are you using? They def don't seem to be wrong! :)

Can someone tell how much Ampere the Zion draws from the batt when it's fully tortured? Just asking coz of this burst ampere value a batt should have.

Thanks u guys, have a great day

MinnBobber

Top Bottom