Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Likes2vape

Oh this versatile beast would crush nearly every category I'd imagine...

@fonzerelli with the final two beta units going out soon, the next run will be a pilot production run, so it will be a finalized production version (and you should have an opportunity to upgrade, in some way, should new enhancements be developed several months down the line).

We don't need indiegogo, just badass all in one wood/glass/steel pure convection portable vapes made to order!
With full retail partners and point of sale on the site we can get this powerful beauty out there, but everyone needs to help spread the word!
I need it in my hands to help spread the word!! :D:D:p

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Like quite a few people here, I've been VERY patiently waiting for the release of the Grasshopper
Yep, back when I got on board with with the Hopper I kinda thought that it was gonna be a game changer, and most likely my first experience of a portable pure convection device with a virtually unlimited power source (provided I bought enough Hopper Labs batteriez) and the ability to hit & quit on demand without degrading the load in between.

It wasn't.

By a long shot :cool:

The Zion beat the Hopper and took the accolade of being 'my first' on many levels. Plus it uses generic batteries which I can buy if need be at my local store.

Zion is nothing like a (zen)pen of course, and it was never the aim, but if stealth is your ting you know this thread right? . . . http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/18350-manual-10-mm-glass-concept.18811/

. . . And this . . . http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/14-mm-18650.18829/

MuchLoveAll
:peace:

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@RastaBuddhaTao

Like quite a few people here, I've been VERY patiently waiting for the release of the Grasshopper, and since about October, my belief and faith in them has eroded, especially lately.

Consequently, I've just started looking at alternative (I was a backer from their indiegogo days) vaporizers and just about five days ago I started to read this entire thread, and have just finished.

So, I have a few questions. I realize it's too late to get the $169 price with lifetime warranty (I'd be more than happy though if you offered it!!), as I've just discovered this thread, but will the price go up again from $199? The reason I ask is because your website states that you will begin shipping in early October, but it says they are beta units. I prefer to get a final production model, as it's too late to be a tester. Will the units that ship in October really be beta units, or is this just an oversight issue?

If those are going to be beta units, when do you expect to ship final production versions?

Any guesses for a rough delivery estimate on the single 18650 vape?

Also, for anyone interested in making your head explode on battery information, there is a flashlight version of fuckcombustion where they are even more particular than us here. Lots of electronics info there. It can be found at candlepowerforums. com

People there refer to themselves as flashaholics.

I had the exact same happenings a few days ago. The units in October will be final asked RBT about it. Ordered it from the site soon after and was still blessed with a LW cause RBT are great guys with a fantastic masterpiece everyone's awaiting excitingly - and I feel already loyal to spread the word. Go get this vape if you're smart! Pay 199 now and be part of a legend. :D

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@RastaBuddhaTao

Like quite a few people here, I've been VERY patiently waiting for the release of the Grasshopper, and since about October, my belief and faith in them has eroded, especially lately.

Consequently, I've just started looking at alternative (I was a backer from their indiegogo days) vaporizers and just about five days ago I started to read this entire thread, and have just finished.

So, I have a few questions. I realize it's too late to get the $169 price with lifetime warranty (I'd be more than happy though if you offered it!!), as I've just discovered this thread, but will the price go up again from $199? The reason I ask is because your website states that you will begin shipping in early October, but it says they are beta units. I prefer to get a final production model, as it's too late to be a tester. Will the units that ship in October really be beta units, or is this just an oversight issue?

If those are going to be beta units, when do you expect to ship final production versions?

Any guesses for a rough delivery estimate on the single 18650 vape?

Also, for anyone interested in making your head explode on battery information, there is a flashlight version of fuckcombustion where they are even more particular than us here. Lots of electronics info there. It can be found at candlepowerforums. com

People there refer to themselves as flashaholics.
Thanks for taking the time to review our thread. I apologize for the oversight on the web store. The last of the Beta units are shipping today and the next to ship will be production units. There is a chance that a small pilot run will be completed before October depending on how the production tooling progresses.

The single battery unit requires beta testing to determine if an acceptable vapor production can be accomplished running direct off the battery as before we commit to it as a product in it's current form. If not, we will have to add the Zion control chip which will require additional development work. So it could be released as early as December or could take till May 2016.

Given that I have had several request for the lifetime warranty I am reinstating the Lifetime and $169 deal. The price has been adjusted back to $169 on the web store. This offer will run through 8/16.

Final retail cost will depend on the negotiations with the retailers as well as the added cost of the stir stick, stash spot and a to be named special surprise feature ;). The goal will be to maintain the $200 price point but the final numbers are not yet available so it is subject to change but we don't expect it to.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for taking the time to review our thread. I apologize for the oversight on the web store. The last of the Beta units are shipping today and the next to ship will be production units. There is a chance that a small pilot run will be completed before October depending on how the production tooling progresses.

The single battery unit requires beta testing to determine if an acceptable vapor production can be accomplished running direct off the battery as before we commit to it as a product in it's current form. If not, we will have to add the Zion control chip which will require additional development work. So it could be released as early as December or could take till May 2016.

Given that I have had several request for the lifetime warranty I am reinstating the Lifetime and $169 deal. The price has been adjusted back to $169 on the web store. This offer will run through 8/16.

Final retail cost will depend on the negotiations with the retailers as well as the added cost of the stir stick, stash spot and a to be named special surprise feature ;). The goal will be to maintain the $200 price point but the final numbers are not yet available so it is subject to change but we don't expect it to.

Wow super generous RBT! I'd recommend anyone who missed it before to get in quick at $169 now that there's a second chance, ridiculous deal for a vaporizer of this caliber...

Lifetime warranty to boot, I would think you'd be able to keep the lifetime warranty at $200 and it'd still be a phenomenal deal imo. Now I'm all curious about the special surprise feature! What more could we possibly add?!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Sarah was a champ last night! I'm dialing in my dry technique and am liking it better than my bubbler results. Taste is excellent and my current configuration is getting me light tan abv even when fully spent. Going on a road trip this weekend and all I'm bringing to the hotel is the Zion and Okin. I usually bring a bad ass desktop, but the Zion is making that unnecessary!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Sarah was a champ last night! I'm dialing in my dry technique and am liking it better than my bubbler results. Taste is excellent and my current configuration is getting me light tan abv even when fully spent. Going on a road trip this weekend and all I'm bringing to the hotel is the Zion and Okin. I usually bring a bad ass desktop, but the Zion is making that unnecessary!

I love using dry! I use the regular short stem most often too, out and about or in. Temp step for that incredible pure flavor, can't be beat! Hope you have a great trip Sticks, with Zion as your companion I expect nothing less!

I had brought Firefly and Xmax with Zig to my beach vacation last month and only Zion was necessary, but it was right when I got Zig, so I didn't know better until the end of the trip... Some day I'll post those experiences here finally, but clearly I consider Zion an all in one

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
High & dry.

Just how I like it too :D

Yep this desktop portable business really is a whole new experience for me.

I have always had home units and portables. That's TWO categories.

But no more! RBT has morphed the buggers!

Now I find myself chilling in my fromt room ripping on Johnny and when I need to get out & get things done I can go about my business still with the Zion in hand delivering home style hits out & about in the great outdoors.

Marvelous.

I really do have to pinch myself sometimes! :razz:

Have a good trip @stickstones.

:peace:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Awesome of you @RastaBuddhaTao ! Seems like you're already taking good care of FCer's. Very cool!

Still a little confused with some of this. I ordered a few weeks back with an expected 10/2 ship date. Will the stir stick, stash area and new special surprise probably be part of my unit? Or, will those only be found in later versions? Thanks!

adam_baumm

@RastaBuddhaTao
I live in canada.
I want to buy a zion vaporizer.
I paid almost 200$ CAD on the duty charge for my mighty direct from Oakland to toronto.

Do you know when and if they will be available in the great white North. Thank you and namaste.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

Is the lifetime warranty just automatically included in the $169 deal? Just didn't see it listed on the store as such, saw it with a 3 year.

This is awesome though, and you should see an order for me within the week :)

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Is the lifetime warranty just automatically included in the $169 deal? Just didn't see it listed on the store as such, saw it with a 3 year.

This is awesome though, and you should see an order for me within the week :)
Thanks I just updated the site to show Lifetime and added "batteries and charger sold separately"

@flotntoke all will be included thanks to the hard work of the FC Beta Team. I really can't say enough good about what the crew has working behind the scenes. These guys will have this thing near flawless by the time it launches no doubt.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks I just updated the site to show Lifetime and added "batteries and charger sold separately"

@flotntoke all will be included thanks to the hard work of the FC Beta Team. I really can't say enough good about what the crew has working behind the scenes. These guys will have this thing near flawless by the time it launches no doubt.

Figured that was the case, but wanted to ask before I got my hopes up too much. Excellent!! :tup:
Thanks for letting us know so quickly! And, many thanks to the FC Beta Team. You guys rock! :love: Both in your posts throughout the thread to keep us all up to speed and dying to get a Zion, and seems in your work directly with RBT.

We all know FC is an awesome community and the best place for all things vapor related, but still manages to impress and amaze more and more! Can't remember the last time anything did the same for me.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Just a note to let anyone who paid $199 in the last week you will be refunded the $30 or can use it towards the pre-order for the single battery unit ;) ... and of course get the lifetime guarantee. But this is the last sale... no I mean it this time :)

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
HOLY COW!!! See what I mean about FC and the better vendors around here? That is so cool! :tup:

Know there are many others who are getting much different treatment from a vendor rolling out a new vape (that I'll leave unnamed) who wish they were seeing the same type of love, and would probably be hesitant to believe any one else is.

And as one who jumped on in the last week before the $169 went up, let me say I don't mind a bit and am very glad RBT is giving others the same deal - especially those who ordered at $199.

Anybody else had Marley's Iron Lion Zion bouncing around in their head? Like everyday for me since I placed my order, and actually listening to it hasn't helped a bit as it usually does when this happens with a song. :)

slatihe

Just a note to let anyone who paid $199 in the last week you will be refunded the $30 or can use it towards the pre-order for the single battery unit ;) ... and of course get the lifetime guarantee. But this is the last sale... no I mean it this time :)

@RastaBuddhaTao Could you please give more info about single battery unit?

------
So.... This is like a battery powered log but heats up faster? Yes?

Uses 18mm joints?
--------

Just found finally found this, thought it strange I couldn't find it with ALL that searching in the portables section. Lol

Dang.... Really need to thin the herd....

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
That's what I'm talking about ! These guys are the real deal!
EdYdb58.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
HOLY COW!!! See what I mean about FC and the better vendors around here? That is so cool! :tup:

Know there are many others who are getting much different treatment from a vendor rolling out a new vape (that I'll leave unnamed) who wish they were seeing the same type of love, and would probably be hesitant to believe any one else is.

And as one who jumped on in the last week before the $169 went up, let me say I don't mind a bit and am very glad RBT is giving others the same deal - especially those who ordered at $199.

Anybody else had Marley's Iron Lion Zion bouncing around in their head? Like everyday for me since I placed my order, and actually listening to it hasn't helped a bit as it usually does when this happens with a song. :)

Soon we'll all be iron like lions with Zion's :)

Fission

The downside to the Zion: the hype from the beta testers and the finalization and production being seemingly ahead of schedule makes all of us without the Zion even more excited. With the grasshopper, I had no real expectations of the thing being delivered any time soon so the waiting wasn't hard.

grokit

well-worn member
Vas strikes twice today :mental:
But how could I not be in on this :tup:

The downside to the Zion: the hype from the beta testers and the finalization and production being seemingly ahead of schedule makes all of us without the Zion even more excited. With the grasshopper, I had no real expectations of the thing being delivered any time soon so the waiting wasn't hard.
I need to unsubscribe to the gh threads, they're driving me nuts. Who wants to bet the zion, predicted in october, makes it to me before the gh, which is currently revised to september delivery.

Vas strikes twice today :mental:
But how could I not be in on this :tup:

I need to unsubscribe to the gh threads, they're driving me nuts. Who wants to bet the zion, predicted in october, makes it to me before the gh, which is currently revised to september delivery.
I expect my "September" delivery date to actually be realized around the time the Zion Jr. is finalized and shipping... Some time in the future.

Top Bottom