Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Bizkat

I'm sure someone out there would snatch it up real quick if you did return it. But... you got your's before me somehow even though I ordered long before you. So you do have that going.

You want mine. I'll sell it to you.

Bizkat,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
That picture links to your gmail convo with Ryan - which we can't view. Upload it on imgur or some other such site!

I want to see what's making you so upset you're considering selling it before even using it... That's crazy man!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Hey Mods, I got my ZION. This is going to be a critical review but kind.

I've paid $269.99 for my Zion plus $49.99 for a lifetime warranty on January 2016. For that money, I should not expect cosmetic flaws. Yea yea , Ryan works hard and has sacrificed, yada yada.

I'm not a RBT hater,. He's sacrificed a lot. I' have supported him against all his haters. But my email exchange with Ryan was disappointing.

Many of you might say this is little thing . Maybe I should accept this flaw. Thats not the point. I can't look at it without reminding myself on the amount of money I paid. Please no lectures. I waited a long time. Everybody has different standards

I'm sure it's a killer vape. If I use it, can't return it. Sucks after this long wait . I appreciate that Ryan has offered to refund (No exchange).

Been reading these posts for a while. Shout out to @Shit Snacks , @IAmKrazy2, others for their high regards for the vape . I have 2 Milaanas, a Mistvape Touch (gorgeous}, and a Tubo (kick-ass), Vapman ( righteous Swiss quality) and a Trihouse Daisy that is still my daily driver for killer hits.

I'm outa here.

------------------------------------------------------
Here is my e-mail exchange with Ryan today. I post this because he wants this information shared:

-----------------------------------------------------
ME; Hey Ryan,

First, thank you for the delivery. I wasn't expecting it so quickly considering other are waiting longer than me.

I know that you have sacrificed much for this business and I hope that it can start paying off big time for you. I know this venture has placed a heavy financial strain on your family

A hand-made vape should not be cheap; I understand that. But that being said, I'm disappointed in the fit of one of the wood sections My opinion is that a $250-plus vape should not have this kind of Quality Control problem. Obviously it passed inspection, but I'm disappointed cause shit like this matters.

RYAN:
I understand your disappointment with finish. Unfortunately, Zion bodies where machined in a CNC and only 200 where made in a one time run. Less than 150 made it through the process as with dozens of steps the loss of parts was high. This loss of product has caused us to push what is acceptable in quality in order to salvage enough units to cover those that are ordered. We have improved our processes as much as we can with Zion being a limited run. In the future with Splinter the quality will be at a higher level as we are learning and growing along the way.

I hope you can over look the small cosmetic defects and see that although the exterior isn't perfect, the High Surface Area technology delivers some pretty nice vapor. With that said, provided that the device is not used, you can send it back for a refund. Let me know what you decide and I will hold off on issuing a refund for your lifetime warranty.

If you had another solution in mind let me know. As you stated, my time and money is extremely limited.

I will issue a notice to future customers to make them aware of the minor finish issues that could be an issue with their Zion so that they can opt to refund prior to being disappointed.

ME:
Okay Ryan. Give me a day or two to consider the refund. Bummer! Not the response I would of wished. I was one of your vocal supporters on FC. I do not want to blow up our business relationship.

After a year plus of following your instagram posts; after buying 2 Milaana's with obvious cosmetic flaws, I was expecting more. When I paid you for the zion, I was led to believe it was your flagship product. Wrong.

Your asking me if I have "another solution in mind" and to "let me (you) know" . I wan't a working Zion that has no wood flaws.

RYAN:

Again, all the Zions have flaws of various types and degrees of severity due to the hand made nature and low volume processing. I will email remaining pre-orders to let them know of the possible cosmetic defects in advance and offer a refund to avoid disappointment and shipping cost moving forward.

I sense that you are unhappy with the variation of our admittedly crude past and current manufacturing methods. Zion and Milaana are limited production runs that's purpose is to introduce the High Surface Area technology to learn from early adopters and experts how the technology performs as well as the flaws that are evident. All of the learning is coming together in the Splinter product. We believe Splinter will have the demand to develop a volume that will support contract manufacturing there buy elevating our qualilty through strategic partnerships. As Splinter starts we will have a list of new problems and challenges that arise that will need to be addressed. Hopefully in time Splinter will enable RBT to become a "real company" in time as sales of Milaana are low and the work load of Zion is high. Zion is the flag ship for vapor quality and the start of hopefully something lasting.

I do appreciate your feedback and the business is moving in a direction to improve product quality with the recent outsourcing of the Zion electronics to a top notch manufacturing house. I understand if you choose to return your Zion and hope that you come back for a Splinter once we are in full production and have some units under our belts to dial in the quality.

-----------------------------------------

After reading that - still not sure whats wrong. Think we need a pic.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Not working for me. If you post with a link with .jpg at thd end should appear in the forum.

oddjobold,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey Mods, I got my ZION. This is going to be a critical review but kind.

I've paid $269.99 for my Zion plus $49.99 for a lifetime warranty on January 2016. For that money, I should not expect cosmetic flaws. Yea yea , Ryan works hard and has sacrificed, yada yada.

I'm not a RBT hater,. He's sacrificed a lot. I' have supported him against all his haters. But my email exchange with Ryan was disappointing.

Many of you might say this is little thing . Maybe I should accept this flaw. Thats not the point. I can't look at it without reminding myself on the amount of money I paid. Please no lectures. I waited a long time. Everybody has different standards

I'm sure it's a killer vape. If I use it, can't return it. Sucks after this long wait . I appreciate that Ryan has offered to refund (No exchange).

Been reading these posts for a while. Shout out to @Shit Snacks , @IAmKrazy2, others for their high regards for the vape . I have 2 Milaanas, a Mistvape Touch (gorgeous}, and a Tubo (kick-ass), Vapman ( righteous Swiss quality) and a Trihouse Daisy that is still my daily driver for killer hits.

I'm outa here.

------------------------------------------------------
Here is my e-mail exchange with Ryan today. I post this because he wants this information shared:

-----------------------------------------------------
ME; Hey Ryan,

First, thank you for the delivery. I wasn't expecting it so quickly considering other are waiting longer than me.

I know that you have sacrificed much for this business and I hope that it can start paying off big time for you. I know this venture has placed a heavy financial strain on your family

A hand-made vape should not be cheap; I understand that. But that being said, I'm disappointed in the fit of one of the wood sections My opinion is that a $250-plus vape should not have this kind of Quality Control problem. Obviously it passed inspection, but I'm disappointed cause shit like this matters.

RYAN:
I understand your disappointment with finish. Unfortunately, Zion bodies where machined in a CNC and only 200 where made in a one time run. Less than 150 made it through the process as with dozens of steps the loss of parts was high. This loss of product has caused us to push what is acceptable in quality in order to salvage enough units to cover those that are ordered. We have improved our processes as much as we can with Zion being a limited run. In the future with Splinter the quality will be at a higher level as we are learning and growing along the way.

I hope you can over look the small cosmetic defects and see that although the exterior isn't perfect, the High Surface Area technology delivers some pretty nice vapor. With that said, provided that the device is not used, you can send it back for a refund. Let me know what you decide and I will hold off on issuing a refund for your lifetime warranty.

If you had another solution in mind let me know. As you stated, my time and money is extremely limited.

I will issue a notice to future customers to make them aware of the minor finish issues that could be an issue with their Zion so that they can opt to refund prior to being disappointed.

ME:
Okay Ryan. Give me a day or two to consider the refund. Bummer! Not the response I would of wished. I was one of your vocal supporters on FC. I do not want to blow up our business relationship.

After a year plus of following your instagram posts; after buying 2 Milaana's with obvious cosmetic flaws, I was expecting more. When I paid you for the zion, I was led to believe it was your flagship product. Wrong.

Your asking me if I have "another solution in mind" and to "let me (you) know" . I wan't a working Zion that has no wood flaws.

RYAN:

Again, all the Zions have flaws of various types and degrees of severity due to the hand made nature and low volume processing. I will email remaining pre-orders to let them know of the possible cosmetic defects in advance and offer a refund to avoid disappointment and shipping cost moving forward.

I sense that you are unhappy with the variation of our admittedly crude past and current manufacturing methods. Zion and Milaana are limited production runs that's purpose is to introduce the High Surface Area technology to learn from early adopters and experts how the technology performs as well as the flaws that are evident. All of the learning is coming together in the Splinter product. We believe Splinter will have the demand to develop a volume that will support contract manufacturing there buy elevating our qualilty through strategic partnerships. As Splinter starts we will have a list of new problems and challenges that arise that will need to be addressed. Hopefully in time Splinter will enable RBT to become a "real company" in time as sales of Milaana are low and the work load of Zion is high. Zion is the flag ship for vapor quality and the start of hopefully something lasting.

I do appreciate your feedback and the business is moving in a direction to improve product quality with the recent outsourcing of the Zion electronics to a top notch manufacturing house. I understand if you choose to return your Zion and hope that you come back for a Splinter once we are in full production and have some units under our belts to dial in the quality.

-----------------------------------------

I understand where you are coming from. Personally this concern doesn't apply to me, but I think most people should be able to accept your reasoning. It is a lot of money. You want something that is justified spending. Adding the wait time to that makes it seem even more unfair. I completely get it.

I'm sorry you aren't completely satisfied. I'm sure the overwhelming hype doesn't help either.

You are doing many people a favor bringing this to their attention, and you also push Ryan's standards of acceptance. Whether or not he can change that at this given time is entirely up to his situation though.

From the ones I've seen, nothing would bother me enough cosmetically to not enjoy it. But until I have one in my hands, I can only at best assume I'll very much enjoy it. In the end though I won't know until I receive mine.

I will love it nonetheless. Gives it more character in my opinion.

Thanks for the post.

If this was on my mind, I would do the exact same thing as you. Tell the people my thoughts, which is why this forum is so incredible. One long post summarizing everything, no constant bashing .. you handled this very well considering your frustration.

Truly hope everything works out for you and you can walk away without too sour of a taste. Good luck friend!

virtualpurple

Try slowing down your draw.

I feel like I have got my draw speed about as slow as I am able to, I definitely feel like it helps reduce the size of the dark spot but I can't get rid of the uncooked ring altogether.

And move the load a little further back away from the heater by either not packing as much or physically moving the screen back a mm or 2.

I will have to experiment with this a bit more. Perhaps I'm snugged up too close.

You have it, all of the ones that went out this year starting the flood to finish have it

Much appreciated!

All I have <g> is my beta Zion, Venus, which was one of if not the first delivered to a paying customer, and it is definitely not turbulated. I always stir with her at least once if not twice during a stem. What I usually do rather than stir is dump it out in my hand and suck it back in the stem. The harder I hit her the more stirring she needs, an as I use water most of the time, I hit her pretty hard.
I can take you a pic tonight but I'm not sure it would help you.

Thank you for clarifying! I misunderstood I think and believed that you currently the beta as well as a current production model.

duff

Well worn
Hey @Bizkat.
Bummer you're not happy but I am curious as to what outcome you want.

Perhaps I missed this somewhere but if it's not a refund I assume you want an exchange/repair.

And if you're going to throw this out there, I think it's only fair that you post pics.

Last edited:

Bizkat

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
True a person can put wood filler or glue and voila, yet for the price paid and CNC machined parts, home fixer uppers shouldn't be needed fresh out of the box.. As poster says "everything is relative " . Plus its not that big a piece of wood for the price really, $2 chunk of wood , how much does heater cost ? a well seasoned woodworker could do so by hand with less imperfections then this CNC seem to do. at least if it was handmade it be a characteristic or battle wound and justify the price better. but I too find this rather harsh looking to have been CNC machined.. the doors warping due to being too thin is another example of jumping the gun on production without really having thoroughly engineered all aspects of the product or knowing much about wood. Apparently the heater works great, I suppose all other factors aside, that is the "end result" that matters the most.

Nete88

I have received mine. It is pretty damned nice. only issue, I paid for an extra long tube and got an extra short(I was hoping pink, but no dice, guess I have to buy one). other then that just awesome. I have loaded her up and I'm going in! be back with an update.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
If that was me i would put a tiny amount of matching wood filler in the gap very carefully. Then when set - lightly sand with some very fine sandpaper.

I did something similar with wood filler on my milaana - it looked fine and cured my OCD.

It is a little diasapointing - but i would fill sand and forget. Not worth returning it in my opinion.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The back doors had to be replaced as the original ones were too thin for purpose I believe hence the non matching wood. Not perfect no if you want to be picky, it is a slight imperfection and that is what you get when you buy wood vapes.

Actually those thin ones didn't match either, the back doors and lids weren't going to be matching pieces of wood way before that, and the reason was to ensure flush fit since some have to be scrapped (so there was no attempt made to match them for grain, only fit)

Also I believe Biz is referring to the little notch above the battery door on the electronics cover, where there is an angled gap that is not flush with the body

I have received mine it is pretty damned nice.only issue, I paid for an extra long tube and got an extra short(I was hoping pink, but no dice, guess I have to buy one). other then that just awesome. I have loaded her up and I'm going in! be back with an update.

Nice! I'd suggest letting Ryan know, I'm sure he'd send you a long stem free of charge, those are easier for him too since he doesn't have to cut them down at all. Enjoy dude

Nete88

So we have lift off, and I gotta say I'm pretty blown right now. Currently I'm on test bowl 2(elbow packs) that I loaded with ground violator kush and a dollop drop of golden goat co2. very effective...

Actually those thin ones didn't match either, the back doors and lids weren't going to be matching pieces of wood way before that, and the reason was to ensure flush fit since some have to be scrapped (so there was no attempt made to match them for grain, only fit)

Nice! I'd suggest letting Ryan know, I'm sure he'd send you a long stem free of charge, those are easier for him too since he doesn't have to cut them down at all. Enjoy dude

You know I think it's fine, the unit is pretty flawless, I believe I got what I paid for and plus that 4 pack on EDC looks tempting.

Last edited:

TeeJay1952

A little cooler than I thought. As tasty as I hoped. You guys can char with this? 20second hold and tasty vapor but no black. I blasted 3 bowls and charged. How many bowls you avg? (per charge) Any lower than 80% power no clouds. A manual wouldn't have hurt. Day one I was flopping and wanted to have my hand held a bit. I ordered "Gold package" and got 2 stems,2 Batts and charger. I have lost what I was supposed to get. Anyone remember? It ain't at website anymore. I amazoned 2 more batteries so I will be able to take that off table. Any other suggestions or links to old suggestions?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
A little cooler than I thought. As tasty as I hoped. You guys can char with this? 20second hold and tasty vapor but no black. I blasted 3 bowls and charged. How many bowls you avg? (per charge) Any lower than 80% power no clouds. A manual wouldn't have hurt. Day one I was flopping and wanted to have my hand held a bit. I ordered "Gold package" and got 2 stems,2 Batts and charger. I have lost what I was supposed to get. Anyone remember? It ain't at website anymore. I amazoned 2 more batteries so I will be able to take that off table. Any other suggestions or links to old suggestions?

You should definitely be able to get clouds below 80% and if batteries were down after only 3 bowls something does not sound right to me? Hard to say, may be more to test, could call

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

Welcome to the Zion train! :)

Where did you put your load? Might it be too far down the joint? What batts are you using? You should be able to char at 6 o clock during an extended session (5-6 25 sec draws). Unit is hotttt to the touch then.

Also, do your cells have a proper contact?

Good luck and enjoy your Zion!

Top Bottom