Discontinued Zion vaporizer

little maggie

Everything excepted enough people buying it maybe?

As stated previously, RBT is placing his bets on the Mi-510 and Zi-510.
The market has changed though. Look what happened with Triihouse and sticky brick.
I'm on a waiting list for the mi-log but the 510's confuse me. I can't figure out what they are and that may be because I don't use ecigs. Or maybe because I just can't figure things out.

ZC

The zion not being marketable is kinda impossible to say IMO. It's never been available. So you have a few die-hard believers and just hopeful people pre-ordering it and a lot of skeptical people watching and waiting. Meanwhile, the Milaana was actually produced and available to the public. To compare their marketability is silly when only one was ever really available. The idea that just because a bunch of people weren't ready to gamble their money on a product pre-order means that product isn't viable seems silly to me.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Couldn't agree more!

And the Zion is clearly superior to the Milaana. I would be sad to lose my Milaana, but if I were to lose my Zion I would be devastated!

On a completely unrelated note: I've said it before but I find my production Zion vapor hotter than my alpha, in terms of throat sensation. With the medium stem (the one you can store inside the device) sometimes I have the "sucking on a hair drier" impression.

It appears that tonight I found an interesting clue about why! The past few months, I don't recall how many, maybe 3-5, I haven't cleaned my stem screen. For some reason it was partly self cleaning. Hard to explain but it was nearly half clogged maybe, but it stayed there. Not getting more clogged, not getting less.

With that kind of added restriction, it was my sweet spot somehow and it was perfect (for me) comfort wise. Then yesterday I goofed and dropped the stem from a height, broken just above the GonG....dead. I took the opportunity to clean my screen before inserting it into a new stem. And bam! Today it was obvious: with the clear screen, I got the hair drier impression the whole day!

When the screen is too clean I need to consciously slow down my draw, otherwise it feels I'm getting too much hot air. It's subtle but I also noticed it with the Milaana. I prefer some added restriction and letting the screen gunk some helps (others would argue that using a 14mm reducer works too, and I would tend to agree)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, from your description it sounds like one of DDaves 14mm stepdowns may work well for you. Personally I am happy with the open flow from the 18mm stems, tho given that most of my use is through water there really is no reason for me to cut down flow. If I was hitting it direct all the time, I can see how the draw of the 14mm stem might be attractive.
I will have to get one some time and try it out.

I am quite certain, however, that I wouldn't want the 14mm to be my only option.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Same. I like 18mm better overall.

The load is more shallow and you can almost cash it fully without flipping it. With 14mm I see more of a gradient. That is, with the same amount. If you load less in a 14mm, it's less of an issue.

Being not a micro-doser myself...

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
By the way, it's perfectly possible that your cells behave a bit weird for their first couple cycles. They say they don't have any memory effect but they still need some kind of (pre)conditioning.

It's best to be gentle and not push them too far at first, in order to break them in.

To add to my previous post, I noticed that when my 4 VapPower cells were new (rebadged HE2's) the 4th session ended at a solid 3.4V. But now that they are older, the 4th session can make them drop dramatically and this is where the difference in IR can show up. For instance they can end with one at 3.1V and the other 3.3V.

This is where the absence of any per-cell protection mechanism can be problematic: I once ended with one cell at 2.8V and the other at 3.2V. This adds up to 6V (about where the protection should engage) but one cell was below 3V (i.e. not dramatic but not recommended)

Note that on both my Zions, the protection mechanism is not working at all (the alpha had none and the early production one... well, Ryan goofed up the polarity!) I'd be curious to know how well it works in the new ones. Can you drain your cells down to 3V or does the power falls too sharply before you can reach that point?

Just wanted to thank you for all of your battery & electronics input. Don't want to discount your other great posts, but follow your advice closely on batts and whatnot. Truly appreciate it!!! And, suspect it has kept me from getting into trouble with such things. THANK YOU @KeroZen !!! You are truly an FC super-citizen.

Zow237

Anyone else thinking...
"You whore I've been waiting 15 months for this shit"...?

Joking aside, congrats man! Let us know how she is!!! Excited to hear your thoughts man.

Hahah this had me laughing. Yes I'm a whore hahaha we Will see where my milaana and tubo when it gets here stacks up to this bad boy! He said it was just sent back from being upgraded and only used 2 times! Booom! Super excited

Zow237

Yes of course it will only be given to well known fc member :)
@vapen00b thanks bro! Tons of births happening in the household Hahahaha :lmao:

If it make sure you guys feel better it took me more than week to get the deal done with him due to being super busy with work. So I waited a tiny bit hahah

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Finally snatched one up from @mephisto. Thanks for the great deal bud looking forward to putting her to work :science:
I'm betting that will be the dodo of the classifieds. Unless something changes there is a significant chance that after the preorders are done and whatever small number of Zions he makes over the preorders are sold, there will be no more Zions. That would be very sad as I think it is one of the best vapes on the market, certainly the best I have used, but my love (and that of other owners) doesn't pay the bills.
I was expecting the preorder folks to be as effusive with their praise as the beta team was. As it has turned out, while Zion has gotten no real slams, and I think the new owners like them, they just aren't expressing their appreciation for the vape strongly enough to drive interest to the point where it makes sense for RBT to make the necessary investment of time and $$ to keep them coming. Part of it may well be the fatigue from waiting so long makes it a little hard for some to forgive. After all, this isn't like the HI where you know going in the list is long and so is the waiting time.
That isn't a criticism of RBT or his customers, it just is what it is, a sad fact of life. That being said, I suspect them to go VERY quickly if ever listed on the classifieds. If you want one, and you see one, I suggest you jump quickly. Personally I am so enamored by it I might jump myself just to have backup. And I don't even have my production unit yet.

Anyway, the only thing that might change this future is PDA. Short of that I recommend folks be ready to jump if anyone show interest in parting with theirs.

At least the heater lives on in Milaana and there are other things in the pipeline (like TimberCannon and the 510) but if Zion slips away we all lose a little...

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I'm betting that will be the dodo of the classifieds. Unless something changes there is a significant chance that after the preorders are done and whatever small number of Zions he makes over the preorders are sold, there will be no more Zions. That would be very sad as I think it is one of the best vapes on the market, certainly the best I have used, but my love (and that of other owners) doesn't pay the bills.
I was expecting the preorder folks to be as effusive with their praise as the beta team was. As it has turned out, while Zion has gotten no real slams, and I think the new owners like them, they just aren't expressing their appreciation for the vape strongly enough to drive interest to the point where it makes sense for RBT to make the necessary investment of time and $$ to keep them coming. Part of it may well be the fatigue from waiting so long makes it a little hard for some to forgive. After all, this isn't like the HI where you know going in the list is long and so is the waiting time.
That isn't a criticism of RBT or his customers, it just is what it is, a sad fact of life. That being said, I suspect them to go VERY quickly if ever listed on the classifieds. If you want one, and you see one, I suggest you jump quickly. Personally I am so enamored by it I might jump myself just to have backup. And I don't even have my production unit yet.

Anyway, the only thing that might change this future is PDA. Short of that I recommend folks be ready to jump if anyone show interest in parting with theirs.

At least the heater lives on in Milaana and there are other things in the pipeline (like TimberCannon and the 510) but if Zion slips away we all lose a little...

I LOVE my Zi...!!! Trying to encourage everyone to gettign one - totally convinced from this masterpiece.
But it's really hard to recommend something that is unreachable... Dangling with a carrot that is not there anymore, in a way. Not trying to say it would not be worth it - I'll be a loyal RBT supporter for life and will gladly give my expertise to the people.
Must admit the Zi is so good, I am enjoying my time with her almost too much.. that's why I'm posting less lately. So that's my honest excuse for being absent and passive.. might continue for a while but I'm right around the corner. No fatigue, no forgiving needed. I am a patient person and know what the Zi and everyone involved has been through. It's very rewarding to finally hold one of these trophies in my hand. It's ridiculous but it is a very special something to me.. we have a bond. It's been a long road and I am part of the story.
I'm more than grateful for all this - love and peace to our man Ryan out there.

Hang in there guys!
:peace:

Zow237

Zion comes tomorrow! It's going to be a good day. Ddave mod comin in mayb Mvt and my baby is finally going home tomorrow from the nicu after being there for over a week being born last week amonth early with breathing troubles. All is good now and I'm super happy excited for tomorrow. Going to be one happy daddy :tup:

Zow237

She's here! Right when I got home from the hospital! Getting the wife and baby settled then on to testing! Thoughts coming later :) curious if I'm able to get a stash cap? There wasn't one in there :( did have 2 cover pieces though :) and he gave me more than enough screens and some hemp fiber :) big thanks to @mephisto!
Also does the ddave concentrate mod work fine in the Zion? Well I got through one stem and realized my wife's ps were coming over.
Update- Didn't spend a lot of time on the one stem but managed to get some huge tasty clouds. Turned dial to 12 oclock

Last edited:

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
She's here! Right when I got home from the hospital! Getting the wife and better settled then on to testing! Thoughts coming later :) curious if I'm able to get a stash cap? There wasn't one in there :( did have 2 cover pieces though :) and she gave me more than enough screens and some hemp fiber :) big thanks to @mephisto!
Contact Ryan. He will send you one.

Zow237

Ddave mods compatible with Zion? Have the concentrate attachment

5C7393C3-F860-4E35-8588-44FDCCC51C88_zpstlg5did4.jpg

BB76487C-F932-46B6-A182-CE157EF67BFF_zpsp9ct765u.jpg
6F61F0BB-964A-4719-B5D6-F731DD8B00FF_zpsq3sepb0l.jpg
DF4B4CB7-6A88-42A6-8998-EB0DB1A13B97_zps5w63u6yg.jpg
77C4E3C3-F584-4BF1-BBBD-EC5E53AF5051_zpsfikzolbm.jpg
209AE867-7011-455C-A9B8-528A0CB6F819_zps08knr3fc.jpg

Will post a video with my review in bit , But I just enjoyed a 24k wax sandwich. With some gg#4 :)
Turned to 1 and tasted every bit of concentrate that I haven tasted in my evo :)

Last edited:

Zow237

video password is Sunrise123
Sorry for delay on video. Trying to get it uploaded right now. Passed the fuck out after testing the zion! I honestly have no idea what I'm doing to get this video on here. If anyone could help haha, or I can send the video over to someone and they can upload? thanks guys

@AJS Alright so where do I begin! At first glance wow! Super sexy wood! I love the design being able to hold a stash! I can put both batteries in and carry a spare with me on the road!

First I have to say fuck milaana once you have tried a zion! The only place the milaana has the zion beat is the ability to just turn it upside down and connect it to my d020. No comparison whatsoever! I played around the voltage knob a bit. low voltage gives some realllly nice flavor! I also think that 1 oclock my sweetspot. Quick heat up time for sure! much more enjoyable vapor than the milaana! Regulated power is much better just because you know what you are getting everytime you press the button. No combustion what so ever, even in the pic you can see some green left over! So avb was pretty good, great extraction for sure. This thing is a beast! sandwiching some wax was just perfect and I got huge clouds from that. It really sucks that there is only goin to be so many :(. I cant even recommend a vape to someone when they cant get it haha... but ill gladly be one of the few on the train! Will have to keep my eye out for a 2nd one. god only knows how long one will last a person hahah. If you ever want to dump yours hit me up! These things are a for sure novelty with great tech! Great job @RastaBuddhaTao. Sucks you couldn't get these off the ground! Hoping for something comparable in the future. More testing needed! Also batter life was very good for me compared to milaana.
I also used the basket style screen and I don't really seem to have preferred pref on the screens
going to add another one with some wax in it! much thicker clouds. mayb going to do a comparison to my evo :)

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No, I don't think so. Too much weight for something like that I would think. Not as heavy as many other vapes out there, but I would tend to put it directly above your glass with a straight adapter (or at most a claison). Something a little bigger like the FC-UFO or the FC-187 would be better choices in my mind. I have them both and comfortably use them with Venus. I'll look for some photos...

Added: Here is an example over the UFO with a claisen. Don't ask me why the water is clear... ;)
MWjYePD.jpg

Added again: Just fyi I wanted to add that I have used it with my D020 and a straight adapter, but it tends to overwhelm it size wise. I prefer Milaana with my D020...

Last edited:

Zow237

of course I go to put in new batteries and then the magnet comes out of the back and then I put it in the back piece but it went into the frame and now it wont close properly :( damn it the first night I have it hahah nvm I figured it out.

Update: I used the zion all day and night and wow I love this unit, especially with concentrates :) the flavors are jst so good in this thing. sometimes gets a little rough on the throat but the results are worth it. some of the biggest fastest clouds you can get on demand. I am so high right now..... fuckkkk haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom