Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Get a Milaana while you wait for the Zion once you do unload that Evo.
I have a pretty large vape collection and I actually use a lot of them regularly. That said if someone forced me to decide I'm pretty confident I could get by with just the Milaana and Zion. I really don't use anything but the Milaana when I'm outside the house and since I got my production Zion I haven't really used much else at home.

Last edited:

Zow237

How long is the wait after you order one of these??? How do I order if I can still?

Last edited:
Zow237,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I think preorders are closed. Looks like there won't be any in the (near) future. Afaik, it's only 150 Zions being made.

Had great sessions with mine. Unit became pretty warm/hottish on the outside, batts are older than the Zion -were waiting for it, so they might have lost some performance and caused the body to heat up more due to higher internal resistance..? Not sure.. Also I had them down to 3.64 and wasn't sure, if it's my technique or if the power had gone down that much that I need extra extra button time.?Didn't feel like they had enough punch to go on. Ended at around 4 o clock.
Battery runtime wasn't as crazy good as I expected - the tubo would have given me about the same with only one battery. Have some 30Qs on the way and I'm pretty confident they will give me a much better experience than my super old but first time charged HE4s.
Need more time to understand button time, necessity of preheating(?) and draw for sure.. I know, it should be easy coming from the Milaana (and regulated wise from the tubo), but it's different. And I love learning curves and stuff :D

If anyone is too late for a Zion - and only then - I would point them towards the tubo. Don't wanna say more, just:
The Zion is a must-have for a passionate vaporist. Get it, if you can!
:peace:

P.s. Question to the Zi long time experts. Ryan still warns not to stay on the button for more than 5 secs without drawing. Why is that so? Since its regulated, it should not go higher in temperature than the voltage knob lets it... Or will the temp rise and rise but only slower?? With the tubo you can hit the button as long as you want. It even has a session mode now with cruise control, which is like auto-fire with timer. From my understand the Zion should be able to handle more button time when its not cranked up to 100%..?

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I think preorders are closed. Looks like there won't be any in the (near) future. Afaik, it's only 150 Zions being made.

Had great sessions with mine. Unit became pretty warm/hottish on the outside, batts are older than the Zion -were waiting for it, so they might have lost some performance and caused the body to heat up more due to higher internal resistance..? Not sure.. Also I had them down to 3.64 and wasn't sure, if it's my technique or if the power had gone down that much that I need extra extra button time.?Didn't feel like they had enough punch to go on. Ended at around 4 o clock.
Battery runtime wasn't as crazy good as I expected - the tubo would have given me about the same with only one battery. Have some 30Qs on the way and I'm pretty confident they will give me a much better experience than my super old but first time charged HE4s.
Need more time to understand button time, necessity of preheating(?) and draw for sure.. I know, it should be easy coming from the Milaana (and regulated wise from the tubo), but it's different. And I love learning curves and stuff :D

If anyone is too late for a Zion - and only then - I would point them towards the tubo. Don't wanna say more, just:
The Zion is a must-have for a passionate vaporist. Get it, if you can!
:peace:

P.s. Question to the Zi long time experts. Ryan still warns not to stay on the button for more than 5 secs without drawing. Why is that so? Since its regulated, it should not go higher in temperature than the voltage knob lets it... Or will the temp rise and rise but only slower?? With the tubo you can hit the button as long as you want. It even has a session mode now with cruise control, which is like auto-fire with timer. From my understand the Zion should be able to handle more button time when its not cranked up to 100%..?
My Milaanas can get 4-8 seshes per battery depending on which Milaana I use. Zion should double that ... subtract a sesh or 2 due to the heater being larger and may needing a bit more heat soak as @shitsnack mentioned. You should get better battery life with the knob turned higher I believe ... my cooler Milaana uses way more battery power than my hot one because I'm barely ever on the trigger.

When it comes to the 5 second rule ... I'm honestly not going to care unless I feel my unit is getting damaged. I'm going to rip it as I please. If it's getting warm I'll turn the temp up and throttle more. Don't quote me tho ... Ima play it by ear when I get mine.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
As reported previously, I'm not getting double the sessions with the Zi compared to the Mi. With a 2500mAh cell for instance, I'm getting 3 in the Mi vs 4 in the Zi. Each Zi session lowering the voltage by 0.2V (4.2 > 4.0 > 3.8 > 3.6 > 3.4--)

I'm getting more with the 30Q, at least 1 session, maybe 2.

Since its regulated, it should not go higher in temperature than the voltage knob lets it... Or will the temp rise and rise but only slower??

The knob sets the slope of the temperature curve but there's no limiter. You can still combust but much slower.

vapen00b

As reported previously, I'm not getting double the sessions with the Zi compared to the Mi. With a 2500mAh cell for instance, I'm getting 3 in the Mi vs 4 in the Zi. Each Zi session lowering the voltage by 0.2V (4.2 > 4.0 > 3.8 > 3.6 > 3.4--)

I'm getting more with the 30Q, at least 1 session, maybe 2.

The knob sets the slope of the temperature curve but there's no limiter. You can still combust but much slower.
Thanks bro! :) :tup:
So there will be a learning curve that can be adjusted via knob ;):p
Basically, temp stepping will happen on its own with prolonged button time then..Need to play around with it, gonna be great fun. Happy to have this one and the tubo for unlimited button time and stable, precise temps with cruise control option. Loving both analog and digital stuff. Dare to say they're the best of both worlds in portable convection universe.

Ziioooonnnn. Gotta go and catch that train now....:peace:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
How long is the wait after you order one of these??? How do I order if I can still?
I would suggest giving RBT a phone call. There is phone number in the lower righthand corner of the RBT.net website. Good luck.

Already have one on the way haha. Trades my vap 3 for one ;) it will be here Monday

Way to unplug! My Vap3 collects dust for the past year since receiving the Milaana, Grasshopper doing the same as I was afraid to break it from overuse.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I suspect that the "5 sec rule" is a CYA thing and an attempt to keep you from any surprises, especially when you are new to it. In my older slightly different Zion I will preheat up to 10 sec on a less than fresh battery. And as long as you have your power knob at a reasonable setting I don't think there need be great concern that anything bad will ever happen. The Zion is very predictable once you use it for a while and you will find it much more controllable than Milaana because of the knob.

That being said, the Zion is capable of great heat with the power knob turned up so that it can be effective for concentrates, so combustion needs to be within reach, and it is.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
By the way, it's perfectly possible that your cells behave a bit weird for their first couple cycles. They say they don't have any memory effect but they still need some kind of (pre)conditioning.

It's best to be gentle and not push them too far at first, in order to break them in.

To add to my previous post, I noticed that when my 4 VapPower cells were new (rebadged HE2's) the 4th session ended at a solid 3.4V. But now that they are older, the 4th session can make them drop dramatically and this is where the difference in IR can show up. For instance they can end with one at 3.1V and the other 3.3V.

This is where the absence of any per-cell protection mechanism can be problematic: I once ended with one cell at 2.8V and the other at 3.2V. This adds up to 6V (about where the protection should engage) but one cell was below 3V (i.e. not dramatic but not recommended)

Note that on both my Zions, the protection mechanism is not working at all (the alpha had none and the early production one... well, Ryan goofed up the polarity!) I'd be curious to know how well it works in the new ones. Can you drain your cells down to 3V or does the power falls too sharply before you can reach that point?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I suspect you can go a little lower than some of us who are demanding more heat for bigger hits. I find I need to change mine if I go below 3.5 or 3.6v. It will work some amount past that but not well enough to keep me from swapping them out.

Interestingly that is about the voltage my last pair had when they arrived from the seller.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Interesting, I see absolutely no drop in performance in mine. Led to some deep discharges because of that as it was still producing good vapor.

Could be that the protection, when it's working, progressively drops the power way before 3V...

That being said, when reading the OKR specs, IIRC they recommend a 2V voltage difference. Meaning when outputting 5V you need at least 7V on the input side (so 3.5V per cell) So it's expected to see some voltage drop at or close to full power past that 3.5V limit. Maybe as you said I don't do rips large enough to notice any difference.

Last edited:

little maggie

I wonder if I can get one of those violet stems. I'm in the process of getting rid of all my portables except for the milaana, zion, tubo and mvt. The milaana is still my reference point for great vaporizer. I'm still trying to figure out the temp adjustments that work for me with the Zion.

Maybe if there was enough demand for zions RBT would make more.

delloy

Ahhhhh! All these pics are torture! Ordered 8/15/15 filled in the request form with all details on I think the 4th April and still no wiser as to what is happening.

All comms seem to have stopped apart from in the main Milaana IG posts.

I was hoping @RastaBuddhaTao would hang around to let people know progress at least until the Zions were completed.

:bang: Its Painful!

vapen00b

Ahhhhh! All these pics are torture! Ordered 8/15/15 filled in the request form with all details on I think the 4th April and still no wiser as to what is happening.

All comms seem to have stopped apart from in the main Milaana IG posts.

I was hoping @RastaBuddhaTao would hang around to let people know progress at least until the Zions were completed.

:bang: Its Painful!

Hey mate,

I feel you... It IS painful. Wish I could help assembling Zi's to have them sent out to everyone asap.. All I can say to make to wait easier, try to snag a tubo. It will keep you calm (maybe even kill your vas..). Have a look at least. All about distraction ;)

Peace

ZC

Wow the fit-n-finish on these new Zion units looks miles ahead of the original beta units. Really shows how much RBT learned through the Milaana's production.

If there's any left after the pre-orders are filled I'll consider picking one up. I've been a bit of a curmudgeon about the Zion but at the end of the day there isn't another vape like it, so despite the problems in the long road to its arrival and the ever-growing price tag, I think there's something special about it.

little maggie

I thought RBT decided not to continue production of the zion because it isn't as marketable as the milaana. Is that inaccurate? I know the mi-log is in process but Alan said that RBT's main contribution is sending the heaters. So what's next for him? I vote for more Zions.

Top Bottom