Discontinued Zion vaporizer

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@KeroZen

There's definitely good info in there. Nothing that will drastically alter his perception of the end-device though, no?

New knobs and the inclusion of some foam to make it smoother? lol. A lot of speculating and well-informed, well-intended debate, but also a lot of negative bullshit. I wouldn't read the thread over again if I had the choice lol

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
No way I would forget about you @DocGonzo ... we need V to do another one soon.

@Rizzalso you should have received an email with details on the preorder... at least I assume so as it was my first campaign sent from Mail Chimp. I emailed a few folks to ask if it came through alright.

I am now working on setting up the mailing to both check in on existing Zion owners and get updated addresses for the folks that have been waiting for years and will finally get their Zion soon.

In appreciation for their patience the first wave will get their choice of colored glass. This will include one that changes color from blue to clear to purple depending on the lighting ;)

Yeah email came through, a couple typos but all made sense to me, waitlist is the shipping order, and you can pay through 4/21 before they open to public (any non waitlist pre orders)

Wow choice of glass, nice! Was just thinking about that, wanting blue or amber, but this color changing glass is especially intriguing!

Well done on setting up systems, shits really getting real over here now!

MonkeyTime

Who you calling fluff.... :brow:

Sorry, got you and @fluffhead confused! :razz:

Maybe design/material stuff and just updates. You won't miss anything except fluff(and drama :) ), yupyup.

This is the really exciting stuff anyway. I wasn't thinking we'd be seeing Zion until the end of this year...

@KeroZen

There's definitely good info in there. Nothing that will drastically alter his perception of the end-device though, no?

New knobs and the inclusion of some foam to make it smoother? lol. A lot of speculating and well-informed, well-intended debate, but also a lot of negative bullshit. I wouldn't read the thread over again if I had the choice lol

This is what I was thinking.... I (to satisfy my sadistic nature) also follow the GH thread. There's very little new information going on for most of it, but a lot of complaining and opinions about the past and future. It makes for uneasy reading to say the least.

Why discredit what we said like that? :shrug:

Got an alpha Zion and a production one, been using them daily since. Every bit that I commented and reported is 100% valid even today.

I apologize if that's how you took it. I didn't mean it to sound as if there wouldn't be anything useful. I had kept up with the thread until they officially postponed construction until after the Mi was caught up. At that time there were only a handful of them out and about and I could put together all the pieces (at the time) between their reviews and comments and my first hand Mi experience. I'm guessing part of my waiting for the pre-order list to open was because of you! I did and still do value your opinions. I just didn't want to wade thru 100-150 pages to find those hidden gems.

Yeah MonkeyTime , we even had Prime Minister Trustin Judeau commenting . Where were you in 2107? Glad they thawed you out in time for Zion buddy.

And it time travels? I didn't see that on the webpage, I would have ordered 2!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
k well I hopped on.

If the past is any indication in a few months (or shorter!) I'll be asking for a refund and tracing Ryan's ancestry line looking to cast a pox on the entire bloodline or something.

cheers

also @KeroZen no offense intended man. definitely good technical discussion of materials/methods etc. if the negative stuff didn't exist, i'd gladly eat my words and recommend anyone interested in the device to read the evolution that occurs

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You will be glad you did, @muunch . I am near as I can get to certain on that.

Fluffy or stuffy, I'm really looking forward to the new improved Zion. The beta version has been sooooo good to me its hard to imagine liking it more. But many improvements have been made since Venus was delivered, including the turbulator and the storage cap and and and...

I expect (hope) there will be no reason going forward for anything but good vibes. Unless it comes from the folks still on the platform when the Zion Train leaves the station wishing they were aboard.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So emails are being sent to those who recently pre-ordered. Those of use who already paid are just waiting on the "your Zion is ready and here is the tracking number," right?

Yup, if you already paid you should receive an email soon. If you're on the wait list you now have the chance to pre order (aka pay) as well

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'm already glad I did, @cybrguy. I wouldn't have nearly as big of a signature as I do now if Zion was in production back when I first joined this forum, and I definitely have faith in Ryan, @cannabis.pro and RBT.

I can only imagine how the people who have been waiting for quite some time feel.

This is the holy grail of vaporizers for me. The fact that the design has existed for a while and there's still not a device even close serves as a testament

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When I first bit into the Zion thread it seemed too good to be true. I was only 3 vapes in at that point, the first line of my sig, and the Lotus was making me happy. I'm a big hit kinda guy. The herbalaire was great but it tied me to an outlet. The FM worked, but just wasn't satisfying. Zion promised the big hits of the Lotus without having to play with fire. That enticed me. That gave me VAS in a big way. I was hopeful, but a little doubtful.

Once I got my Zion (Electra #1) I wasn't doubtful anymore. Electra gave serious hits, but she had a little consistency problem and went back home and was swapped out for Venus.

The consistency problem Electra had may well have been at least partially user error, but if it was Ryan never embarrassed me by saying so. All I knew was that Venus worked spectacularly and consistently, and for a long time was the only vape I ever bothered with. She just did exactly what I wanted, no muss no fuss.

Since Venus, and her sibling Bam Bam (the Milaana) the only vapes I have added to my stable have been VapCaps, which are designed to scratch a very different itch.

Most of us know all about VAS, so I won't say I will never get another vape for home, but as it stands now I truly can't imagine why I might need one. Then again, VAS isn't really about need... :cool:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@MonkeyTime: oorite, I kinda misunderstood you. The part between the first alpha shipping and the 20 first production units was definitely interesting. The part before that is nice, for the record at least. The part after that... well, I guess you can safely skip most of it indeed.

For the update: Zion is still my favorite vape and the only one I use when I'm at home. I don't even bother trying anything else in my arsenal, they just can't compare.

The pace at which the session goes, the surprising comfort of use even if it's big and rather bulky it just feels right when in the hand, the incredible taste that stays brilliant for so long almost until the very end of the bowl, the amount of vapor with such a density, gulps of it really, and effortless with the wide open airflow and almost no draw resistance....

The stem system too, easy to load, unload and maintain (the stem is the only part you need to clean, the rest of the vape stays spotless and doesn't even catch any smell it's still completely neutral) I've been using the short stem lately (that would be medium by Milaana standard) and cooling is adequate (no throat aggression, no dryness, clearly better than the Mi and the short stem)

And did I say that it's also the preferred vape of all my non-converted friends? I never had to ask their opinion about it, they always spontaneously said "hey this one is really good, I like it a lot". Despite the technique required, it's really simple to use in practice. Everyone gets vapor easily at first, and they just keep improving later on.

Voila! What else? Buy one or two, that's my only advice! :nod: Ah and get Samsung 30Q's to go with it, even better than the HG2's.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I still have to laugh at how everyone thought we (testers) were in the bag and were being dishonest about the quality of vapor. There was no way we all liked it as much as we said we did. It wasn't until more tried it and shared their opinions that some started to believe. And then when Milaana came out to a wider audience people stopped insisting we were in the bag for RastaBuddhaTao. We were just loving the vape.
Ah and get Samsung 30Q's to go with it, even better than the HG2's.
I just got a pair of HG2's in anticipation. Next time.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey all you crazy folk who jumped on the Zion Tain early you should have an email from RBT. You will be the first wave of Zion shipments. If you purchased your Zion on or before 8/14/2015 you should be in this "First wave". If you did not recieve an email and believe you should have please email me at rbtvape.service@gmail.com.

I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding with the time it took to put the finishing touches on this unique timeless design born on this FC thread. Now it is time for to thank all of you by putting the best Zion possible in your hands.

Everyone in? The show is about to begin.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Very exciting news! Can't wait to get my Zion! Any info on the color changing glass option for Zion. I did not see it listed as a choice.
Email received,form filled.
I to am confused do we get one color changing and one solid color? @RastaBuddhaTao
Now all i have to do is check e-mail every 20 min. Lol
It would make for a nice 420
Cant wait!!!!!
Wooooohooooooo
All Aboard

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Hey all you crazy folk who jumped on the Zion Tain early you should have an email from RBT. You will be the first wave of Zion shipments. If you purchased your Zion on or before 8/14/2015 you should be in this "First wave". If you did not recieve an email and believe you should have please email me at rbtvape.service@gmail.com.

I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding with the time it took to put the finishing touches on this unique timeless design born on this FC thread. Now it is time for to thank all of you by putting the best Zion possible in your hands.

Everyone in? The show is about to begin.

Tempted by the zion - just looks a bit big.

What are the dimensions?

Does it use the same size glass as the milaana?

Thing is, it is more enjoyable to use with more power then almost any desktop. You'll end up basically using it at home too all day every day. Great for a clean room no cords, working in the garage or backyard, porch, bbq, beach, car rides, walks, and again at home.

As an example people rave about the Grasshopper. When i finally got my two grasshoppers i was back to taking direct draw Zion hits at home by the end if the day. The Zion is more powerful and satisfying IMO. It is capable of blasting through nug chunks, which the GH can't. The battery life is much much longer and the glass stem is uber easy to clean in comparison to the GH mouthpiece.

If i want true true stealth on the go it is GH or oil pen for me followed by the vapcap. For any other situation where i dont want a cord i reach for the Zion. It even gets majority of the at home work next to beasts like the Herbalizer, Evo, Supreme 3, Vapolution 3, and others. It isn't my primary bong vape, but certainly my most used vape overall and for direct draw hits.

TeeJay1952

As the fox said when he couldn't reach the grapes...They are probably sour.
I am in second (or third wave) and I will get a perfected Zion. Not like the trashy prototypes ya'll are going to get.:brow:
I love you. I hate you. I will get mine. (one way or the other)
@IAmKrazy2 I'll supply if you stop by? (Taylor)

Top Bottom