Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Mine has ket me pretty heavily medicated since I got it. The big payload helps so much, it's difficult to remember to check back in to the forums at sensible hours with periodic reports. Can't wait to hear what @nkotb has to say about his unit. I'm using mine later at night while I read or watch TV. I'm always distracted and I have yet to scorch a load (knock on wood) or anything crappy.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
It's here!

First impressions:

Smaller than I thought it'd be. So smooth. Love the button feel.

Question: Is it normal for there to be a burn-off period for this? I don't remember reading about one, and a forum search didn't reveal anything, but when I started my Zion at 100 in order to warm it up, there was some smoke/vapor that came out for a bit. I'm guessing that it was probably just the wood heating up for the first time, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

At lower temps, I didn't see anything coming out of the unit on its own, so I started my first session.
I have to run some errands, so I'll have to post more thoughts later, but basically... Wow. :bowdown:

We are working on putting the finishing touches on a Quick Start Card that @Shit Snacks did a bang up job on. It states that no burn-off is required as it is completed as part of the end of line QC. The general rule is to not hold the power button down for more than 5 seconds with no draw and a max of 30 seconds with draw. If not, the heater will over heat the wood and start to char. This is what you see smoking, Not sawdust. That is assuming you had the trigger held for more than 5 seconds. No need to be worry because a fully charged set of batteries can be drained without the unit suffering major damage other than a darkening of the wood. In fact, @HD Springer is still running that unit today.

It's best to start on low and work your way up as a new user. The power available on the top end can catch you by surprise. Most flower will not require more than 3/4 of the dial to finish....

Hey look Z-team... A real customer on the thread lol.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's here!

First impressions:

Smaller than I thought it'd be. So smooth. Love the button feel.

Question: Is it normal for there to be a burn-off period for this? I don't remember reading about one, and a forum search didn't reveal anything, but when I started my Zion at 100 in order to warm it up, there was some smoke/vapor that came out for a bit. I'm guessing that it was probably just the wood heating up for the first time, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

At lower temps, I didn't see anything coming out of the unit on its own, so I started my first session.
I have to run some errands, so I'll have to post more thoughts later, but basically... Wow. :bowdown:

Shouldnt need to burn off on production units, could be residual water vapor from testing perhaps. Remember if youre at 100% do not hold the button for more than 5 seconds without inhaling (really don't do that anywhere on the dial), it will climb in excess of 500F quickly and you could burn the wood etc, so that can cause the smoke you saw as well.

Repeat, burn offs should not be not necessary on a new Zion, and if you do it takes seconds.

Congratulations dude, don't forget to enjoy your face while you still have it!

Edit: the man himself beat me to it! Yes another wonder of Zion is all that nonsense we do with other vapes (which use a ton of Chinese parts and controversial materials) is completely unnecessary here. Parts are all natural and pure in the heater and vapor path, and each unit is already tested for pure performance as part of the production process. Ready to use as soon as you have batteries (and herbs ofcourse!)

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Glenn_Quagmire.png

:peace:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Careful with this kind of remark, one could assume you said that because there's a risk to blow your face off due to exploding lithium cells! :worms:
Ahhh yes, very good point Kero. So here is a little guide that anyone can use to help negotiate such a verbal minefield . . .

Melting face = GOOD.
Exploding batteries = BAD.

And broken down further . . .

Good:
:)

Bad:
:(

Zion:
68072105.gif

:peace:

HD Springer

We are working on putting the finishing touches on a Quick Start Card that @Shit Snacks did a bang up job on. It states that no burn-off is required as it is completed as part of the end of line QC. The general rule is to not hold the power button down for more than 5 seconds with no draw and a max of 30 seconds with draw. If not, the heater will over heat the wood and start to char. This is what you see smoking, Not sawdust. That is assuming you had the trigger held for more than 5 seconds. No need to be worry because a fully charged set of batteries can be drained without the unit suffering major damage other than a darkening of the wood. In fact, @HD Springer is still running that unit today.

It's best to start on low and work your way up as a new user. The power available on the top end can catch you by surprise. Most flower will not require more than 3/4 of the dial to finish....

Great news about the first customer reporting in. Congrats @nkotb I hope you enjoy the Zion.

Hey RBT I'm still abusing the shit out of Marilyn. I've been using only the Zion since receiving her. I've been throwing everything at her. Whole nuggs,finely ground,partially broken up. Hell I did a wax sammich between some bud and that damn load lasted what felt like a life time(2+ sessions). She loves all that I've thrown at her.

If I had just 1 pointer to give it would be keep the screen clean. I've been doing what I think Pak suggested and putting the stem with screen still in it in to some ISO then rinse in water and let air dry. Seems to work pretty well. Eventually the screen will need replaced but by maintaining them this way I seem to get a little more time between replacing them.
The only time I've combusted I had a pretty clogged load that restricted the air flow and I was running her fairly hot at the time. Who am I kidding I'm usually running her pretty hot. Can't have a name like Marilyn and not be a bit on the hot side. Am I right lady's.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So why do you think the Zion could be a Mighty killer? I tuned out of that thread as soon as I learned that you can combust. Just another worry that I don't need, and a non-issue with the Mighty!

You probably dropped out too quickly. Your fear of combustion is unwarranted. While the Zion is capable of combustion, it is highly unlikely to happen by accident.

I don't think you can call the Zion a Mighty killer. S&B is a well-established company with a much respected long history and a lot of marketing money. The Zion is currently made by a tiny start-up with no marketing except a thread on FC, and units are still hand-assembled by the designer. I haven't tried a Mighty so I can't compare them, but I can say that the Zion is an excellent versatile device that produces great vapour over the whole spectrum without having to worry about combustion.

nkotb

Impression:

I LOVE IT! I haven't used anything else since I got it.

I might clean my Daisy today, because the reclaim gives great hits through the E-Nano, and I can't wait to try vaping that reclaim in the Zion!

My girlfriend hasn't yet converted, but she generally takes longer to love "manual" vapes. She instantly loved the Nano, but once she took more time to learn the Daisy, she switched, and now it's her daily driver. I can easily see her switching once she tries Zion some more (edit: she just had her best session yet with it).

I'm still working my technique out a bit, but the Zion has definitely earned it's reputation for tearing one's face off. I'll keep you posted; I've got more "research" to do. :tup:

anasrzi

Little bit of advice for you and manual vape's for your girlfriend @nkotb get her a dyna vap cap, my girl loves it as its manual but gives that feedback from the click and wasn't a fan of the lotus as its doesn't give any feed back until you inhale (then it's to late and she's combusted)

Although I've not got or will be getting the Zion (well maybe I will, just not right now) got the single 18650 on preorder so I'm hoping that little baby will melt my face too much like it's bigger, beefier brother ;)

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
I want but no international orders.... :(

The vaporiser market reminds me of the game consoles of the 90s, when we'd lag behind the US and Japan. Remember how long it took Street Fighter 2 to come out over here? And films too?

I thought those days were over, but no Herbalizer, we had to wait ages for the Evo, and now this....

But maybe there's a chance I'll be able to get one before my Grasshopper turns up. Some would say a very very good chance :D

Enjoy your Zions. You bastards.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
I want but no international orders.... :(

The vaporiser market reminds me of the game consoles of the 90s, when we'd lag behind the US and Japan. Remember how long it took Street Fighter 2 to come out over here? And films too?

I thought those days were over, but no Herbalizer, we had to wait ages for the Evo, and now this....

But maybe there's a chance I'll be able to get one before my Grasshopper turns up. Some would say a very very good chance :D

Enjoy your Zions. You bastards.

I almost see it like american vapes to euro vapes are more like muscle cars to euro cars. Fast in a straight line, less handling ability and not as refined haha. I am talking shit of course.

If you want a Zion you can use a 3rd party shipping service. It will probably void your warranty but sounds like the zion is pretty robust.

Top Bottom