Discontinued Zion vaporizer

thekarmawhore

iframe>

@thekarmawhore
What type of drop are we talking about?
Just a waist high to floor drop on a hard surface?

This is SLIGHTLY concerning, only because I'm sure I have dropped every vape I own at least ONCE.

And suppose a drop DID happen and the glass broke, would it be an easily fixable thing?

I'm guessing the size of the Zion will make it less likely to take a drop than the pax2 (which dropped all the time) mostly from accidentally leaving it on my lap and then standing up or getting out of a car.

Any plans for a case in the future?
Every drop is different, sometimes it doesn't break. Fate takes over before it hits and all we're left with is hope as it makes it's slow motion journey down.

My beta unit has survived a couple lap height drops to a hard floor. My advice is get extra mouth pieces, those inevitably get broken.

I haven't heard any mention of cases.

kindly,
thekarmawhore

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks , that is the exact hydratube I have as well! Pairs so well with the Zion. Still rocking my beta. Maybe a little beta/hydra vid might be in order this afternoon.

Ya Dude!

I remember when you got it from the anniversary sale before me, even without your report I jumped in on that Evo bundle to tide me over in between Zions. Ofcourse now the Evo itself seems not so necessary for me anymore, but the beautiful functional HydraTree will always be part of my collection regardless!

You better make that vid today, it is very long overdue brother! and :rofl:at the car cat pic, oh how ive missed you... Zion is certainly the perfect car vape, finally getting back to all the goofy fun here now that production is in gear!

Warning: Zion inspires goofiness :D

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
iframe>

Every drop is different, sometimes it doesn't break. Fate takes over before it hits and all we're left with is hope as it makes it's slow motion journey down.
Man...if you didn't describe every drop to a tee :disgust:

That's just what I wanted to hear.
I know the point of impact as well as other things come play the major role.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a 'if it drops, it's over' ...I don't think I could live up to the obligation.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Your pics remind me that I intended the get the FC-Mod but haven't yet. Looks like it may mate well with the Zion...

Another day, another purchase... :)

I got circ perc without the ashcatch, much more reasonably priced and sized then. Chose it over the wider UFO but ofcourse that one is still a bit tempting ;) I know you and others love it too

thekarmawhore

The first production Zion 'karma approved' hack is in.

Many Zion users invert the unit to place it onto and remove it from the mouth piece in order to keep material where it belongs. This is a problem for the stir tool because for manufacturing reasons, it's storage hole needed to be sized significantly larger than the tool itself. As such, it falls out if inverted in the Zion and is a bit of a hassle when it does.

A couple slight bends to the tool allow it to spring load against the sides of the storage hole, keeping it firmly in place.

PBzXw4u.jpg

XTYNhNY.jpg

08TfGzB.jpg

In fact, it can now be left in the hole while stirring, making the whole process a couple steps simpler.
jLtekvp.jpg

That's it. Simple hack, works great!

your pal,
thekarmawhore

HD Springer

@WakeAndVape I broke my beta unit when it dropped about 4' and landed on the stem which was stored in the glass bowl. Big no no. I absolutely learned my lesson and no longer store my stem in the glass bowl.

I have yet to tell anyone this but I have since dropped my Beta unit on a hard wood floor and this mother fucker is still blowing out big clouds. It never skipped a beat.

@phattpiggie I actually like the Zion way more then I did the Tod. With the Tod you need to be aware of the heat and constantly monitor it. With the Zion you set the dial and don't have to worry about a thing. At the same time you give the Zion a little preheat(1-3 seconds) and you have the Tod reincarnated especially at the higher heat.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Their being carved wood certainly gives them great surface strength to withstand nearly anything, but a hard drop could still misalign the heater or heat sink so dropping isn't a great idea, but it should be able to withstand a lot of shock before doing any damage. There are very few parts, and that is one of the pluses of this vape.

And, BTW, Nice hack, @thekarmawhore

delloy

@RastaBuddhaTao Can we get some confirmation as to what the early adoptors/Lifetime warranty customers will be actually receiving in the package. ie number of stems and sizes, screens etc etc. Many thanks.

delloy,
Reactions: DieHard

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@phattpiggie

Zion vs. TOD. I guess i should add my two cents, as the only beta tester going TOD to Zion, and one of the few people whom has tried both.

The TOD is a true powerhouse when the batteries are fresh. But it is a bit of a wild card after so many bowls, when batteries weakened. When batteries are fresh you really can't hold the button very long or you will combust. With a true trigger the device would be more controllable, as you could feather for heat changes. But it has me running scared a bit, and results become less predictable with low batteries IMO.

The Zion doesn't have quite as much punch on the top end, but is much much easier to use and is a more enjoyable experience. When i first got my Zion i was slightly gun shy, and scared to hold the button. TOD had me in fear. I was only using top temps in the Zion, and would get full warm up and get my hit finished all in around 10 to 15 seconds of holding the button off and on. Off and on. Feathering it. Worried i would combust a fresh bowl in less than 10 seconds like the TOD can do.

I now hold the button for a full 10 or 15 seconds. Taking the hit without letting off the trigger if i want to go full blast. With the TOD, you would likely be to combustion in well under 10 seconds. The Zion instead gets to a good temp, and levels off a bit more, allowing me to take longer hits when i want, and is very nice through water.

I have adjusted and am now often using lower temps in the Zion. Start to finish. I may hold the button on lower temps for 15 or 20 seconds or longer, just puffing away a couple good hits. Take out, quick stir takes seconds. Stick back in, pick up where i left off with minimal heat loss. These lower temps hits really seem to bring the clouds, and barely brown the herb. Good for flavor chasing in a clean stem too.

By the way i haven't combusted in the Zion once. The TOD it would happen occasionally, and way too often when i let friends try it. With the Zion you can turn it down low and hold the throttle, with very very minimal chance for the inexperienced user or friend to combust.

Last edited:

HD Springer

One of the advantages of the Zion is your able to turn the heat down. Tod being full blast all the time gives you a vapor that's quit a bit warmer then the Zion's. It could also be the newer heater design has a bit cooler vapor.

When I first got my Zion I was wishing it was the Tod. I'm a person who loves the upper temp hits. However I wouldn't trade my Zion for any vaporizer out there right now. And I've still got my beta Marilyn. Marilyn is the Zion that has been ran over,baked in the oven overnight( this is where she got her beautiful beauty mark) and dropped stem first on her head. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@RastaBuddhaTao Can we get some confirmation as to what the early adoptors/Lifetime warranty customers will be actually receiving in the package. ie number of stems and sizes, screens etc etc. Many thanks.

Initial 10 customers will be getting a few extra goodies but rest of the Lifers will be getting the same as the standard Zion... Cork Stash Cover, Stir Stick, Long Mouthpiece, Short Mouthpiece and a 3 Screens... well, plus an extra short mouthpiece and an additional three screens.

@phattpiggie

Zion vs. TOD. I guess i should add my two cents, as the only beta tester going TOD to Zion, and one of the few people whom has tried both.

The TOD is a true powerhouse when the batteries are fresh. But it is a bit of a wild card after so many bowls, when batteries weakened. When batteries are fresh you really can't hold the button very long or you will combust. With a true trigger the device would be more controllable, as you could feather for heat changes. But it has me running scared a bit, and results become less predictable with low batteries IMO.

The Zion doesn't have quite as much punch on the top end, but is much much easier to use and is a more enjoyable experience. When i first got my Zion i was slightly gun shy, and scared to hold the button. TOD had me in fear. I was only using top temps in the Zion, and would get full warm up and get my hit finished all in around 10 to 15 seconds of holding the button off and on. Off and on. Feathering it. Worried i would combust a fresh bowl in less than 10 seconds like the TOD can do.

I now hold the button for a full 10 or 15 seconds. Taking the hit without letting off the trigger if i want to go full blast. With the TOD, you would likely be to combustion in well under 10 seconds. The Zion instead gets to a good temp, and levels off a bit more, allowing me to take longer hits when i want, and is very nice through water.

I have adjusted and am now often using lower temps in the Zion. Start to finish. I may hold the button on lower temps for 15 or 20 seconds or longer, just puffing away a couple good hits. Take out, quick stir takes seconds. Stick back in, pick up where i left off with minimal heat loss. These lower temps hits really seem to bring the clouds, and barely brown the herb. Good for flavor chasing in a clean stem too.

By the way i haven't combusted in the Zion once. The TOD it would happen occasionally, and way too often when i let friends try it. With the Zion you can turn it down low and hold the throttle, with very very minimal chance for the inexperienced user or friend to combust.

That pretty much describes the Zion development. It started like the TOD and with the Beta team's input the low end was refined while maintaining the belligerent high end power. In the end the top end power is even hotter and capable of running E-liquid at temperatures in excess of 500 F with minimal warm-up time. The main gains of the most recent set of heater enhancements now deliver a faster, more consistent heat profile over a wider range. It took a little extra time but I believe the effort to be worth the time. I hope the initial users agree as they fire up the first production Zion's this week....

That reminds me. Time to email the next six wouldn't ya say?

Initial 10 customers will be getting a few extra goodies but rest of the Lifers will be getting the same as the standard Zion... Cork Stash Cover, Stir Stick, Long Mouthpiece, Short Mouthpiece and a 3 Screens... well, plus an extra short mouthpiece and an additional three screens.

That pretty much describes the Zion development. It started like the TOD and with the Beta team's input the low end was refined while maintaining the belligerent high end power. In the end the top end power is even hotter and capable of running E-liquid at temperatures in excess of 500 F with minimal warm-up time. The main gains of the most recent set of heater enhancements now deliver a faster, more consistent heat profile over a wider range. It took a little extra time but I believe the effort to be worth the time. I hope the initial users agree as they fire up the first production Zion's this week....

That reminds me. Time to email the next six wouldn't ya say?

:clap:

nkotb

I cannot believe I'm so early in line! I felt bad because I wasn't able to jump in sooner! I'm so ridiculously excited right now.

Deep down, I always knew I would see my Zion before my Grasshopper... ::sigh::

But let's focus on the awesome amazing fact that it's time for me to add some batteries and a charger for my incoming Zion!

:luv::luv::luv:

darkrom

Great Scott!
I cannot believe I'm so early in line! I felt bad because I wasn't able to jump in sooner! I'm so ridiculously excited right now.

Deep down, I always knew I would see my Zion before my Grasshopper... ::sigh::

But let's focus on the awesome amazing fact that it's time for me to add some batteries and a charger for my incoming Zion!

:luv::luv::luv:

So when did you buy it?

Top Bottom