Discontinued Zion vaporizer

DopeShow

Tell all that to Mr I'm combusting weed in my video. If u r coughing through a vape with a water bong u know something isn't right.

DopeShow,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Tell all that to Mr I'm combusting weed in my video. If u r coughing through a vape with a water bong u know something isn't right.
I think this is because you have not tried convection yet. Convection is very different than the conduction your used to using right now. To add on to that, if your able to tally the scores yourself on the portable convection vapes in this beautiful vape market we have today, you will quickly realize between this and the Daisy there is nothing as close to a smoking experience out of a portable vaporizer.

Tommy10

I have vaped many bongs, I have coughed many times and I have also combusted more than a few times and I'm certain I was aware of everyone. I cough with Vapor through water, i think a lot of people do.

Here is a good bench mark video for those that don't understand how dense vapor can get.
And many of the zion testers have compared the zion in cloud output. Huge vapor clouds are acheivable, and it seems they can be had with this device. It seems combustion is also possible but those here who have used the regulated unit say it's not easy, and I'm sure everyone who has actually used a zion unit (select few) can tell between combustion and vaporiztation... If they couldn't we wouldn't want them testing our beta units.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have vaped many bongs, I have coughed many times and I have also combusted more than a few times and I'm certain I was aware of everyone. I cough with Vapor through water, i think a lot of people do.
If I dont cough when hitting from a bong then I personally think my vaporizer is doing something wrong! If my vaporizer cant milk a bong enough for me to cough then it goes on the shelf.

DopeShow

If I dont cough when hitting from a bong then I personally think my vaporizer is doing something wrong! If my vaporizer cant milk a bong enough for me to cough then it goes on the shelf.

I am aware of the moisture content of weed and didn't c the bowl but Pls check the video for me to confirm the weed did ignite His ABV is black ffs.

DopeShow,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, DopeShow, everybody and their lungs are different and have different tolerances for irritation. I like to take really big hits sometimes and can easily cough on a good vapor hit, especially at higher temps while still well below combustion. Different strains sometimes irritate differently. And certainly moisture influences irritation, either in the bud or after in glass. If you DO mean charring, that is way closer to vaping than combustion which is like an explosion in your lungs for those of us who haven't smoked in a long time. I'm glad to say I haven't smoked weed (intentionally) in about 20 months now and I'm sure it would be unpleasant for me. The couple times I combusted badly in my Lotus and it got to my lungs before I realized it I thought I was gonna die.

Tommy10

I am aware of the moisture content of weed and didn't c the bowl but Pls check the video for me to confirm the weed did ignite His ABV is black ffs.

Black ABV is fine, not liked by some but preferred by others. I can jam 2grams into the HA and crank it to max temp. It with come out Sudanese black and not combust, in fact unless seriously faulty I doubt a HA has combusted anything ever. Ash is what's left behind by combustion, dark black is due to high temp vaporization.
Bare in mind the Zion is not released yet, but the main anticipation is its ability to blow huge clouds of vapor, I'm sure it's flattering to those involve that you think it's smoke, but it's not.

I doubt anyone ever concealed the fact the Zion can reach vaping temperatures? If you read over thread it is well known this vaporizer can meet combustion temps, many can. A DBV can reach combustion temperature, would you say they are not regulated!

DopeShow

Yeah, DopeShow, everybody and their lungs are different and have different tolerances for irritation. I like to take really big hits sometimes and can easily cough on a good vapor hit, especially at higher temps while still well below combustion. Different strains sometimes irritate differently. And certainly moisture influences irritation, either in the bud or after in glass. If you DO mean charring, that is way closer to vaping than combustion which is like an explosion in your lungs for those of us who haven't smoked in a long time. I'm glad to say I haven't smoked weed (intentionally) in about 20 months now and I'm sure it would be unpleasant for me. The couple times I combusted badly in my Lotus and it got to my lungs before I realized it I thought I was gonna die.
The ignition temp of weed is + 600 how are u reaching these temps in a vape? U see the contradiction here

DopeShow,

Tommy10

The ignition temp of weed is + 600 how are u reaching these temps in a vape? U see the contradiction here

The combustion temp of weed is around 450, and in a convection vape the temp at the heater is not the temp that reaches the herb. Then there is draw speed, and many other elements. There sre plenty of resources on this forum if you want to read around, but insisting that people are conbusting when they know they are not is not going to get you far. Especially if you really don't seem to have much of a clue. Read up for a couple of days, then come back to this thread. You may understand and appreciate it a bit more.

DopeShow

Black ABV is fine, not liked by some but preferred by others. I can jam 2grams into the HA and crank it to max temp. It with come out Sudanese black and not combust, in fact unless seriously faulty I doubt a HA has combusted anything ever. Ash is what's left behind by combustion, dark black is due to high temp vaporization.
Bare in mind the Zion is not released yet, but the main anticipation is its ability to blow huge clouds of vapor, I'm sure it's flattering to those involve that you think it's smoke, but it's not.

I doubt anyone ever concealed the fact the Zion can reach vaping temperatures? If you read over thread it is well known this vaporizer can meet combustion temps, many can. A DBV can reach combustion temperature, would you say they are not regulated!
If ur abv is that dark u may as well just be smoking it.

The combustion temp of weed is around 450, and in a convection vape the temp at the heater is not the temp that reaches the herb. Then there is draw speed, and many other elements. There sre plenty of resources on this forum if you want to read around, but insisting that people are conbusting when they know they are not is not going to get you far. Especially if you really don't seem to have much of a clue. Read up for a couple of days, then come back to this thread. You may understand and appreciate it a bit more.

500 -700 C temp of weed combustion. Why would u want to heat ur weed up anywhere near these temps? ?

"in a convection vape the temp at the heater is not the temp that reaches the herb. Then there is draw speed, and many other elements."

Then surely it is the manufacturers responsibility to build a product that keeps the herb at a consistent temp <200 C despite these factors
.....It seems everyone disagrees with me on this point

Last edited by a moderator:
DopeShow,

Tommy10

If ur abv is that dark u may as well just be smoking it.

That is your personal opinion of high vs low temp vaping, but it's still vaping all the same. It is not called combustion until there is ignition.
Combustion-the process of burning something.

Unless you have a large desktop which can act as a big heat soak low temps tend to produce smaller clouds it is hard for small portables to blow massive clouds without requiring some sort of technique to avoid combustion.

Weed combusts around 450f and I tend to like to be around 410-430. Which is not combustion. In theory one should be able to hover right under the "straw that combusted the camels bud" temprature and never onces see combustion.

If you look in the general "portable" section, the first three on the page currently can all reach combustion temps. And out of the 20 in the first page 7 can reach combustion temps.

Last edited:

DopeShow

That is your personal opinion of high vs low temp vaping, but it's still vaping all the same. It is not called combustion until there is ignition.
Combustion-the process of burning something.

Unless you have a large desktop which can act as a big heat soak low temps tend to produce smaller clouds it is hard for small portables to blow massive clouds without requiring some sort of technique to avoid combustion.

Weed combusts around 450f and I tend to like to be around 410-430. Which is not combustion. In theory one should be able to hover right under the "straw that combusted the camels bud" temprature and never onces see combustion.

If you look in the general "portable" section, the first three on the page currently can all reach combustion temps. And out of the 20 in the first page 7 can reach combustion temps.

I got v tower this is as near to convection as I have. Wouldn't swap it tho

And couldn't get clouds like that from it unless I was doing 1 gram of wax in it

DopeShow,

Tommy10

I got v tower this is as near to convection as I have. Wouldn't swap it tho

And couldn't get clouds like that from it unless I was doing 1 gram of wax in it
I think it's reasonable to assume the zion should be able to blow clouds bigger than the v tower.

Ignition temps are not what you beleive that's why you're hittinf your head against the wall. When people say ignition temp we aren't talking 500c! It isn't even 500f!

Tommy10

Y if the Materials u use have the same moisture content?

power? The openness of the airpath. You can throw the same fuel in a little 1.3L Japanese buzz box... Throw that same fuel in a 6.0L V8 and you're going to get more HP.

The temprature tou beleive cannabis combust at is wrong. Vaporization starts around 340 give or take and vaporiztation can be achieved at any temp between this and combustion which is around 450f... If you like to vape at around 430, and the vape can produce more energy than your lungs can keep up with... It will combust. The heater may be hotter than the conbustion temprature of weed but due to a faster draw no conbustion... Slow that draw down and it may ignite.
These aren't principles specifically for the Zion and like I mentioned before on the portable page 7 of the 20 vaporizers had this ability to combust.

Tommy10

Can you tell me precisely what it is that you are contending? I don't understand what point you're trying to make relating to the Zion.

:peace:

I think what we can take from this is that the Zion blows such giant clouds of tasty vapor that some people are convinced that it MUST be combustion! WOOOOOP WOOOOP! Bring on the public launch of this smoke machine! Might hire mine out to DJ's in the weekend!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Then surely it is the manufacturers responsibility to build a product that keeps the herb at a consistent temp <200 C despite these factors
This is more true of conduction and slow heating convection vaporizers, however I am pretty sure all on-demand[instsnt heat] convection vaporizers heat the material so quick it is on the cusp of combudtion. Oh...new word! To answer your why question...we want a vaporizer to turn our abv dark and to do this as quick as possible to increase the extraction of the beneficials of our mayerials to our lungs without the dirty hitchikers that come along with combustion and in as little or less time than it takes to combust.

Top Bottom