Discontinued Zion vaporizer

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Well good morning fellow Zionites! :D

Hahaha @TeeJay1952 - that's pretty much been me lately, head cocked, staring down the trumpet :freak:

But I actually think that I need to spend some more time using Johnny with the trumpeted mouthpiece because it is a completely different experience from using the standard stems or my J-hook. I think that the wide open style of this particular mouthpiece kinda forces me to draw my breath from deeper within. More like drawing on a large glass water piece, compared to drawing on a pipe.

Further testing is most definitely required ;)

So, as you can see here, it's just a mouthpiece from some ridiculously cheap DHgate glass . . . (not my pic btw)
2015-new-arrival-clear-nectar-collector-glass.jpg

You can find it here . . .

There is no doubt that the standard stems are perfect, but so far I would say that my favorite way to interact with Johnny is probably with the inverted J-hook. It's such a chilled, laid back way to play, and the glass vapor path rising & falling right before your very eyes makes for viewing magic.

And yes Kero, well spotted - it is indeed an extremely rare & magical, high flying carpet - activated only through anointment of the sacred herb. Anyone fancy a ride . . . . ?

Please keep your arms & legs inside the carpet & hold on tight guys!

images

:)

Breed positivity.

MuchLove!
:peace:

delloy

D-Day is hopefully drawing closer, so I have started to get geared up for the arrival. I have posted links for UK buyers if they want to go the same route.

Purchased the Battery charger and some LG Batts

I went for the Xtar VC4 charger, on recommendation of a UK store. They sell the Xtar and Nitecore. The retailer gave good honest advice even though the Nitecore is a more expensive unit. He preferred the Xtar because of the USB functionality and charging rates. I also prefer the screen layout on the xtar

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/lithiu...vc4-four-bay-nimh-li-ion-battery-charger.html

and got these spare batts to go with the ones from RBT

LG HG2 18650 3000 mAh 20/30A High drain IMR x2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-LG-HG2...938732?hash=item4d38f31dac:g:zV8AAOSw0HVWD7Y6

Last edited:

Mulehead

There is no doubt that the standard stems are perfect, but so far I would say that my favorite way to interact with Johnny is probably with the inverted J-hook. It's such a chilled, laid back way to play, and the glass vapor path rising & falling right before your very eyes makes for viewing magic.

I almost posted that I thought the j hook would be your favorite.
Something about the bends cooling properties maybe?
I love a j with my MiniVap. Can't wait to try with the Zion!
I also use a bit of hemp fiber as a filter, give it a whirl if you haven't.
Vaping filter goodies is a late night treat!

@delloy I like that display over my d4 as well.
Let us know your thoughts after you get to know it.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Another positive to the zion when I get it this winter is that I can leave my vape in my car again all winter (right?). I have to bring my mighty inside into work, or subject the batteries inside to my freezing cold car for hours at a time. I don't like bringing my vapes into the building really. With the zion I should be able to take just the batteries in, unless there is something else inside that shouldn't be allowed to get cold.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
So at last my adapter arrived from DHGate and, as you do, I set about a nice piece of Crab Apple with some chisels that are in need of a lick on the grinder.
Pre-loaded bullets.
HCU4ucPm.jpg
gbox3fam.jpg

Not being a big fan of the 'crack pipe' look I decided, as it's just an idea and curiosity and all that, to cover the reclaim bulb. Which has ended up with it being a little bit big in diameter, 1.25".
My new found friend at DHG has said he can make me a different piece of glass if I wish. So I shall order something like this next time
9SzTqOcm.jpg

as it will do away with the extra bulk. Or just a piece with the 18mm and a straight piece of glass rather than the 14mm taper. I can then specify a set length as the bulb and 14mm taper make it a bit too long.
Using a 'straight' adapter I should be able to keep the overall dia. down and can probably lose a 1/4 to 1/2" inch which will make it more appealing to the eye and hopefully it should sit better. The hardest part was making an internal 1:10 taper to the right size. A straight adapter will get me over this problem. Just pre-fill a few of the glass bullets and swap them in the wood as and when. It's also 510 drip tip size so any mouthpiece could be used.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
:wave:

Right then you lot, who want's to win a Zion?!! :cool:

Yes boys & girls! The Photo Hunt Contest is back on!!! :D

Head over to the 'Contests' area of the forum and check it out for your chance to win . . . .
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vnvs-rbt-zion-mystery-object-photo-hunt.19691/

Please do not reply to my post in this thread. All further contest related chat MUST be posted in the contest thread only. Thank you.

Now get hunting!

Have fun!

PËÅÇÊÑLÕVË

vNv
:peace:

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Zion Beta #6 checking in. Not much to report, as this unit is just a dumptruck. Probably put 2 grams through it a day at least and the warmer it gets, the happier it is, but it still cranks out vapor quickly when I need it to. As I reported before, I really like this device because it is super simple and cranks out vapor like the plug in log vape I have on my work bench. Everywhere else in the house, I carry around the Zion. The only time I do not use my Zion or a Log vape is when I am out of the house.

I did decide to figure out once and for all which way I like my screen ( a moot point), and I prefer stem style. Tried basket style again and prefer having the vaping not affected by a blanket of metal mesh.

I also have admitted that I've been intermittent at following this thread and even worse at giving much public feedback on my beta experience, but must say that all the things I am reading about the improvements since mine was built this summer make me as anxious to get my hands on a production unit as all of you who are waiting!

thekarmawhore

This is correct, you can even leave it in your freezer of you want. (That was one of the tests) Taking the batts in away from the cold works best but even cold batts will start to respond quickly to simply popping of the battery cover and holding your palm against them to warm them up a bit.

killick

But I like it!
This is correct, you can even leave it in your freezer of you want. (That was one of the tests) Taking the batts in away from the cold works best but even cold batts will start to respond quickly to simply popping of the battery cover and holding your palm against them to warm them up a bit.

In a pinch, of you are ever stuck and batts are dead *dead* DEAD you can heat them up to give you a bit more juice... I've seen people heat AA batts on a pan on a stove (propane stove, in a tent, on ex, and walkman batteries died).

Don't try that at home... although it might be safer than BHO for those people that tend to blow stuff up anyways?

killick,

GTAVaper

It appears that my prior posts (which have nothing to do with shipping - as I do have a US shipping address available) but rather only with the impossibility communicating RBT and lack of any response by RBT from prior attempts to contact them..... have been moved to the shipping thread. I'm not sure why that is the case. I don't have any shipping inquiries......but would rather know if anyone knows how I can communicate with RBT when there are no options available on the website?

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It appears that my prior posts (which have nothing to do with shipping - as I do have a US shipping address available) but rather only with the impossibility communicating RBT and lack of any response by RBT from prior attempts to contact them..... have been moved to the shipping thread. I'm not sure why that is the case. I don't have any shipping inquiries......but would rather know if anyone knows how I can communicate with RBT when there are no options available on the website?

If you have a question or complaint about a moderator action, please use a PM and do not post in a public thread.

pakalolo,
Reactions: GTAVaper

Edric al-Fali

You can't communicate with RBT; he's very busy. I assume RBT is going into some kind of blackout time where we will be left waiting without word for a while. If you read his last few posts, he makes it clear that he is focusing on getting a good working product out to the first people. He will notify us of updates to the site where we can get more info, but will not be actually posting anything else on here for a while.
Also, I notice that the RBT site doesn't have a store anymore. I think he is putting all other things on hold in order to finish what he needs to.

Sorry you can't place an order, but I assume things will resume normality in a few months.

Likes2vape

You can't communicate with RBT; he's very busy. I assume RBT is going into some kind of blackout time where we will be left waiting without word for a while. If you read his last few posts, he makes it clear that he is focusing on getting a good working product out to the first people. He will notify us of updates to the site where we can get more info, but will not be actually posting anything else on here for a while.
Also, I notice that the RBT site doesn't have a store anymore. I think he is putting all other things on hold in order to finish what he needs to.

Sorry you can't place an order, but I assume things will resume normality in a few months.
RBT said he was going into a "blackout period" from FC at the beginning of September to focus on production, he than said last week or maybe the week before he wasn't going to be on here except to drop links to his website for updates.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that it is poor customer service!

Likes2vape,

Likes2vape

@Likes2vape I don't consider it poor customer service. Keep in mind this one man is making all the Zion pre-orders. I will at least wait until I have a product in my hands to make any judgement. I also think the wait will be worth it.
Yeah I'm waiting too and the one man thing, having a day job, etc I don't care about.

I also hope it kicks ass!!

I have my opinion on what poor customer service is and so do you. I think letting emails go unanswered from a paying customer is not good customer service at all. (I know it's just so all efforts can be focused on production!):bang:

fonzerelli

Do people really think that because he can't correspond right now, you won't be able to place an order when things are less hectic for him?

By finalizing things now, you will most likely be able to get a Zion in your hands sooner than if he had his attention divided right now.

GTAVaper

If you have a question or complaint about a moderator action, please use a PM and do not post in a public thread.

OK fair enough.....I will keep that in mind for the future. But I was not exactly complaining but was rather just a little confused about the move.....but that would then fall under the category of "question" which you have also covered in your response.

Some kind soul has provided me with additional contact info that would have a better chance of getting through. I will attempt that and hope for the best.

I don't think the exercise of posing a question by PM as to why my post was moved would be a productive use of either of our time..... for me to write and you to respond to......but I will keep in mind that I should PM you with any questions regarding a mod action rather than express my confusion over it publicly within the thread.

Thanks for letting me know how you would prefer to be approached on any mod actions.....no offense was intended. When I first joined and asked a couple questions and they were moved to another thread it was clear and obvious to me at that time why that happened.....this time it wasn't.....but there was no offense intended in my original post.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks for letting me know how you would prefer to be approached on any mod actions.....no offense was intended.

To be clear, this isn't a preference of mine, it's a rule. It exists to avoid flame wars, but also to keep the threads clean of off-topic discussions such as the one we're engaged in now. I realized that you didn't intend any offense, else you would have gotten a warning point.

Look forward to @pakalolo 's impressions of the release candidate. Assuming we'll be treated to that at some point?

I will definitely post pictures and possibly even a video, although that's much less likely.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Agreed it was poor customer service... I am very sorry but it was a calculated risk to maximize my chances to deliver Zions in October. Please keep in mind that we will be contacting you prior to shipment to make sure all of our information is correct so please hold your correspondence until then if possible. Part of the reason for the black out was until the first units completed the full manufacturing process the full story was not known. Now that it is:

We have run into one major and several minor issues. The minor issues are with low voltage cut-off and a slight odor in the adhesive after curing both of which we have solutions for and just need time to implement. The major issue is that we have found that the variations in the manufacturing process variation causes reduction in vapor quality. We have an understanding of what is causing this but need time to design and validate the solution making this a somewhat open ended problem that isn't easy to predict the timing on so we wont be giving specific dates but rather will be giving regular progress updates.

Please visit the www revised FAQ pages (draft) that contain the answer to many questions as well as contain the newly added contact forms. The idea here is to allow our customers to answer their own questions and ask ones that are not shown. I can then add them to the FAQ so that I only have to answer questions once allowing me to stay focused on bring you your Zion.

Please Keep the positive vibe alive in this thread... This is the responsibility of all Cult Lifetime Members!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@RastaBuddhaTao Thanks a lot for your update. You can count me in - it's the vibe that brought me to buying this one and I think I can say I have made friends here. Patience will pay out and I am absolutely happy you're taking the time it needs to finish this great product with great QC.
In the meantime we're gonna have fun living the cult and preparing for the arrival of Lord Z:)
All the best :peace:

Top Bottom