Zephyr Ion

ccroller

Welcome back Bruce. Even though your STILL NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ONLINE!! New year is still 2 weeks away. Haha

ccroller,

yzracer

Hey QUESTION!
So a buddy of mine had a zephyr that ended up being defective. He said it heated up almost to the point of catching on fire and then never got hot again but the unit still turns on and stuff. So I, being an electrical engineer major, ask him if I could have it. He gave it to me and I took it home and opened it up.
It was only until after I had completely disassembled it had I thought to look online and find out I just completely voided a decent warranty.
It's not much loss to me but I was wondering if you know what hardware specifically failed in these events? So maybe I can possibly get it going again? Is it even possible?

Ive found the power wire leading to the actual ceramic element with the clyindrical transistor-esqe piece right before it. And the top of the element actually looks semi-melted but I guess it could be some compound to keep the wires touching. Not sure.

I could post pictures if it helped the situation.
And yes, I realize I'm retarded. :p
But thanks anyways

yzracer,

lwien

yzracer said:
It was only until after I had completely disassembled it had I thought to look online and find out I just completely voided a decent warranty.

Isn't that true of just about any product?

lwien,

ccroller

Just got the 3rd Ion from ups! Its heating up now will post in a few minutes hopefully feeling much nicer.....OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEAH!! :ko: :ko: It works like a champ! Nice new quiet bags too. Guess third times a charm. Christmas present for me I got a working Ion. Im so vaped. .2 grams of hash plant is what i probably ;) would use in the Ion. Probably at 370 degrees and Im probably on my 4th bag and probably feeling very very good. Probably wont be able to finish the probable .2 grams. I probably could get a 5th bag. Id probably just fall asleep tho. Thanks Bruce!

ccroller,

Nosferatu

I just got an Ion so I'll post an in depth review soon for those who care. I cant wait to test the efficiency and whatnot.

Nosferatu,

cts123

just got a zephyr wondering if anything needs to be done for the warrranty to be put into effect?

cts123,

Nosferatu

My Zephyr Ion Review(for anyone who cares)

Just got one for $299 from Puffitup.com and I LOVE IT. :brow:

Looks/Function:

When I first opened it I thought it looked a little too plasticky but now I don't know why I thought that. It looks slick setup by the PC. It weighs a perfect amount for its size and the fact that it probably wont be moved much. The only problem I have with the look is that when its plugged in but its off the screen stays red. It can be bright if your sleeping by it but not the end of the world. And I bet once PC software comes out there might be a way to disable that. It warms up in literally like 3 minutes and when you up the temp it catches up in just a few seconds. It is QUICK. I cant wait for the USB software where you will be able to set vaping profiles and all sorts of cool things. Its nice also that all you need is the bowl, the bag, and the vape. So its nice with a car adapter or something to get a bag on the road if you absolutely must, without worrying about spilling or a lot of parts.

Noise/Smell:

The pump fills a bag in like 30 seconds or definitely under 45 seconds and isn't too loud at all. Of course it makes noise but with music going you would hardly hear it, and its a short time anyway. Theres basically no vapor loss so the only smell would be what you exhale and your product.

The Vapor:

Coming from hitting vapes like the Buddha I was used to the potent hits, but actually prefer the Ions Air to Vapor ratio. There is enough air so you cant really get too much vapor in one hit and cough up or hurt your lungs. This is good and bad because the hits are obviously more airy than a whip vape. But thats true with all bag vapes. And when the free whip comes out soon it can be used with no fan so it should provide the dense hits just like a Buddha or SSV. With precise temp control its nice to get the best of both worlds with this vaporizer. And with the bags its just like breathing in air, very smooth and clean. But you will need a drink because you end up taking so many draws your mouth is just dried out. BTW no bad tastes like plastic ruin the vapor, its some of the tastiest Iv'e had.

Efficiency:

You need about .1 of high grade to get 1 good bag and one airy bag. But sometimes even a little more, its defiantly not as efficient as I thought it would be. But Iv'e only used one kind of herb so far so it could have to do with that. With .2 you get two REALLY powerfull bags and thats doing one at 375F and the next at 380F. Next time I'm going to start lower because the first bag was really dank but the next was starting to taste harsh. So to you log vape users, dont expect near that efficency, you probably would want to use at least 4 stems. But I think its worth it because to me at least, its a way more powerfull and long high. So just expect to use at least .1 per sesh when your alone.

Extras:

It came with two premade bags and 4 extras to replace them. The valve is simple and nice, you press the button to draw or otherwise its sealed tight. Also a cover for the white straw on top of the Ion, USB cable, extra everything like O rings and what not, and 2 big bowls. It has a two year warranty so I feel safe owning one. I have used a Volcano and have to say this is almost just as good. One thing I want though is an oil and concentrates bowl, because the ones it comes with have screens on the bottom.

This vape is LEAP YEARS better than the Arizer Extreme Q, which I've used extensively. Warms up, fills bags, gets everything done 2 or 3 times faster than the Extreme. Not to mention way more efficent and doesnt require a billion different glass parts. Although the Volcano is obviously a little more refined and perfected, its not that much better at all really coming from someone who has used both.

Conclusion:

To me, this is the best bag vape right now for Under $400 hands down. The only bag vape that is better is the Volcano Digit but not the moneys worth better. And it cant connect to your PC or use a whip, so this is the clear WINNER!

Nosferatu,

Nosferatu

Actually I gotta say yes after a while and when its a big sesh the room will have a decent odor of marijuana. Nothing that cant be covered up though. And the Ion itself doesnt smell at all when closed. Maybe the tip of the valve would be the smelliest thing besides the bowl. But if you keep your mouth on the valve when its open and do things in a certain way, you could definately pull this vape off if your in a stealth situation.

Its equal smell wise hitting this as it is a whip vape like the DBV for example, but it all depends on how good you are at conceal smell as best as possible.

Nosferatu,

Nosferatu

I'd say about 6 or 7 depends how big of hits you take. I just hit some new weed out of this and I am converted to baganism. Its such a clean but powerfull high because you cant get an over potent hit and cough up. I really recomend you get one its awesome! :D

Nosferatu,

jambolaya

I think I will, last question. Is it possible to fill up only one bag? And how much herb would I have to use to fill up that one bag?

jambolaya,

ccroller

I believe the unit is much more efficient then you described but the rest of the review was pretty much spot on. I get 4 good bags and 2 airy bags off of every .2 grams of Hash Plant I vaporize. I start at 365 for 2 bags 390 for 2 bags and 420 to squeeze out the last little bit for the last 2 more airy bags. Some of the cannaboids dont vaporize below 420.

ccroller,

Beezleb

The type/quality of material vaporized will potentially and likely be different for other users who are using different material quality. Due to this, the amount of bags and whatnot will tend to vary from user to user but typically. I will take 2 bags and save the rest when I process the abv later.

Efficiency in vaporizing is not as simple as the vaporizer brand name.

Beezleb,

Nosferatu

Sorry if the efficency was unnacurate I think I just have a high ass tolerance right now. You could probably get 1 good bag with .075 about. But like Beezlab said it depends on the biomass. I do actually have a little lower than top shelf right now so I should have waited to review the efficency.

To ccroller: Do you really go to 420? I thought I would never pass 385 that seems really high up? My ABV is dark brown at 385, once again you must have jucier herb. Ok time to get some top shelf I gotta figure this out... :lol:

Nosferatu,

ccroller

Yeah I actually go up to 430 sometimes if i think the pieces of biomass are to large. I used to keep it at 365 and no higher until I got ahold of a chart that detailed the release of the cannaboids and their specific vaporization temperatures. Theres all sorts of different cannaboids that vaporize at different temps and all have different effects on the body.

cts123 said:
just got a zephyr wondering if anything needs to be done for the warrranty to be put into effect?

No nothing needs to be done unless you have a problem. Just keep your receipt but I didnt need one and had to return mine twice. The third time has been a charm though with no probs and now i have a MASSIVE collection of spare parts cause they only wanted the unit back and each time sent back the whole kit.

ccroller,

max

Out to lunch
danielofski said:
also how many hits do you get from a bag?
There's never a meaningful answer for that question, no matter which vape you're talking about. Too many human and weed variables.

max,

Nosferatu

So bruce, do you know if there are any plans for a concentrates or liquids bowl? It would be nice to use hash oil and what not in this vape. It seems like a simple and easy concept to make but I dont really know all the factors of course.

ccroller said:
Yeah I actually go up to 430 sometimes if i think the pieces of biomass are to large. I used to keep it at 365 and no higher until I got ahold of a chart that detailed the release of the cannaboids and their specific vaporization temperatures. Theres all sorts of different cannaboids that vaporize at different temps and all have different effects on the body.

Could you link me to this chart please?

mod note: Please use the edit button. Posts merged.

Nosferatu,

tireless

Hello, I found this website with a google search for zephyr ion.

I have an ion which malfunctioned the third time I used it. It worked great the first two times and started heating up the third time but only got warm. Now it won't heat up at all even though the light says it's ready.

I sent a request via the web site contact form to Zephyr and haven't had any reply in over two weeks. The phone number listed there doesn't get answered and the voice mail box is full. I originally chalked it up to the holidays but now I can't even get the website to load any longer.

The links in the Bruce@Zephyr reply above don't work either.

Can anyone here help with contact info or offer a suggestion.

Thanks, Jimmy

tireless,

ccroller

All the numbers ring to Bruce. He has been ill and may still be. I know its gonna take a while to get your Ion repaired due to new rules in the process. They have to attempt a repair on your broken Ion before they will send you a new one now. Sucks I know.

ccroller,

jambolaya

Beezleb said:
The type/quality of material vaporized will potentially and likely be different for other users who are using different material quality. Due to this, the amount of bags and whatnot will tend to vary from user to user but typically. I will take 2 bags and save the rest when I process the abv later.
How much herb do you put into the bowl at a time?

jambolaya,

Beezleb

danielofski said:
Beezleb said:
How much herb do you put into the bowl at a time?

about half full, not packed. I purposely save in my abv for swamp water.

Beezleb,

cts123

my ion didnt come with a receipt when it came in the mail, if i print out the order form from the website will that be enough so i can get my 2 year warranty?

cts123,
Top Bottom