Zephyr Ion

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Zonendr said:
Hey guys, I did all the research I can and chose the Zephyr Ion for my Vaporizer. I bought one about a month ago and its been awesome! I had a couple questions.

1. I read how to clean the vaporizer(im pretty OCD about it) and there is just one big problem. I cant really clean the inside of the stem/straw at the top. Where the vape comes out of. I was wondering how you guys keep that part clean?

2. The screen on the top fits perfect, but the screen on the bottom seems like it is too big and it is squished in there. Anyone else get this?

3. How often do you have to change the air filter on the bottom?

4. I did not purchase my zephyr through a authorized dealer, what kind of repair or warranty can I expect?

I just read the the stem at the top is measured for a 14mm hose/adapter? I want to go buy one and try the crazy stuff that Bruce did!

Other than that I think the Zephyr is better than any vaporizer i have ever tried! The guys behind it have done an amazing job!! Only thing to make this better would be a ZEPHYR ION WHIP!!! (CANT WAIT!!!!)
I hope I can answer your questions here, I also wouldn't mind hearing what some other Ion owners have to say about their methods for these process.

1. As for any cleaning, I always recommend trying to reclaim vs remove. The buildup is concentrated whatever you have run through your ION. mmm mm.... How to reclaim: I use a paperclip and roll it around the teflon. Since nothing sticks much to teflon it should be pretty easy to reclaim. If you want the machine cleaner after you have gotten what you can. A q-tip and alcohol works great.

2. The bottom screen. this screen is a bit over sized on purpose and shouldn't need cleaning other than blowing off the debris. Since the air comes from under the screen it isn't blowing anything into the screen rather it is blowing anything that may be there away from it.

3. Air Filter, I have had my ION for a year and haven't changed the filter yet. I would say this depends on the environment your ION is used in. You sound like a tidy guy so every six months I would check the filter and see if it is dirty.

4. The Zephyr Has a two year warranty. While you may not have purchased from an authorized dealer, odds are the person/shop you bought it from, bought it from an authorized dealer. Buying from someone who is breaking Minimum Advertised Price policy makes things a bit tricky but as the end-user we try and make it easy on you.

Glad you bought your Zephyr and I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Beezleb, good looking out on the bag changing technique!!

Bruce@Zephyr,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
I'm a real boy now!
For 7 Years I thought I was a vaporist, but i was just a hollow wooden one. I received my Zephyr Ion for Christmas and use it every day. I have been waiting to find some negative things to bitch about, but haven't found any yet -that weren't the cause of my own mis- use .. Here is my long over due Yay or Nay.

YAY!

..............and like magic I became a feeling, tasting, smelling, seeing, heart beating, Loving
-REAL BOY ZEPHYR ION VAPORIST.

Whoever undertakes to create soon finds himself engaged in creating himself. Self-transformation and the transformation of others have constituted the radical interest of our century, whether in painting, psychiatry, or political action.

Harold Rosenberg

imag0295i.jpg

imag0290u.jpg

I decorated my vape, New Orleans Dream theme, I feel like the Queen when i use it!

Ok, on a serious note, The bag style vaping vs. the wand has reduced the time it takes me to achieve my desired effect. Very nice on quick breaks, and for sharing. It was always a training session with a newbie telling them to pull slowly through the wand they would always be out of breath trying to hit my vapor bros. Now the Bag style is "at your own intake", and so user friendly, Even stupid Eddie can experience the benefits of Vaporizing.
I wanted to share my "evening in Nawlins" Queen Vaporizer with y'all and again shout it ALL out to The Zephyr Ion Vaporizer Company, THANK YOU

Beezleb

Neat, I was gonna decorate my DBV up but I lend it out from time to time if someone is waiting on a vape, mostly people in my support group for serious health issues and want people to see it how it is.

If you use a bong simply take your wand and whip from your old vape and put it on the Zephyr and the tube in the bong (if your bong is appropriate size) and bong away. This is my favorite. I cant wait for Zephyr to get their wand ready as the DBV wand leaks some since its not made for it but I can live with it for now as if I hold just right it is very little leakage.

Beezleb,

Anthony

Anthony
I have my Zephyr Ion hooked up to my SYN mini shower cap. I am very happy with it and I can get 30+ second chilled hits with ice in the SYN.

A+ Product and A+++ Customer service.
4TipX.jpg

Anthony,

Syd

First post, new to vaping, just bought a Zephyr about a month ago and love it! Very well made. Newbie question: Any way to prevent biomass from clinging to the upper (lid) screen post-vape? Doesn't matter how little or how much biomass I've tried ... some always sticks. Can be tricky to remove (I use the world's smallest spatula).

Thanks in advance folks!

Syd,

Beezleb

I just swirl my finger on it and close it over the basket and it cleans it off without a thought.

Beezleb,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Beezleb said:
I just swirl my finger on it and close it over the basket and it cleans it off without a thought.
Likewise

if you have debris that sticks to the top screen a lot, I would suggest letting your biomass dry out a bit more before using it. I find the dryer my biomass the better the effect, as though the machine is not having to fight the moisture to get the oil out.

**edit** oil/oils

Bruce@Zephyr,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I got a chance to play with the Ion at the Toronto hemp expo and am long overdue on posting some thoughts here!

Zephyr did their homework on usability. It's a smart design and using the Ion is very simple and intuitive. I was showing a couple people how it worked and they had it figured out before I was done grinding the herb. While I appreciate the simplicity I'm also a geek at heart so I really like the fact that it has USB connectivity for advanced functionality in the future. Being able to plug something like this into your computer really opens up some cool possibilities, kudos to Zephyr for looking forward.

Bag fill speed was fast, right up there with the pyramid-shaped vaporizer, and it did a good job at cooking the herb evenly in the neat little basket which is easy to inspect and reload. Ceramic heating chamber, teflon nozzle for easy cleaning and a simple but effective valve system. Again, solid design all around. I didn't get to try it with a whip but that's a bonus if it works well.

It was interesting to get some first-hand reactions from people who didn't have much, or any experience with vaporizing. They liked the concept right away and one of the first questions was usually "how much?". I think the price difference was a big factor for people especially after trying the Ion and its competitor side by side.

Really the only thing the Ion doesn't have on the competition is the years of proven reliability. I did get a chance to talk with Bruce on this point and aside from being a nice guy, he's confident in the design and seems genuinely dedicated to making sure his customers are taken care of. Apparently the USB connection will even allow for remote troubleshooting down the road.

So to sum it up... if you want a bag vape, check out the Zephyr Ion!

vtac,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Bruce,

It looks like you have another customer on your hands. I walked into my favorite head shop a couple of days ago inquiring about a Volcano. The owner said he could order one for me at a great price, but asked if I had ever heard of the Zephyr Ion. He claimed it was a much better bag vape than the Volcano, at half the price of a Digit. I was very skeptical at first. He showed me how it works and it looked pretty well-made, but I still wasn't sure I'd be getting Volcano quality. So, I went home and did some homework, and I must say I'm absolutely impressed with everything I have read. I came into this thinking the Ion would never convert me, but it looks like it has. I will be buying one today as soon as the shop opens! I will let you all know how it goes.

CombustionJunction,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
I'll write a real review once I've used it a bit more, but I will comment on my first experience.

The Zephyr Ion has nothing to envy of the Volcano. It's a solid product and a lot of thought was put into it. It is well built and very easy to use. The teflon and ceramic are easy to clean. You can grab the bowl stright out of a hot vape and not burn yourself. The valves are well-made. The quality of the vapor is perfect and the digital controls make it easy to get the desired effect. Temperature is consitent and heating up is FAST. I used .3g of biomass and got 3 huge bags out of it, and I'm ceratin I could have gotten a 4th, but I wouldn't have survived. Definitely worth the investment.

I still haven't gotten a chance to play with the USB deal, or use it for aromatherapy, but it's definitely something I want to check out in the future.

CombustionJunction,

TandB

Hey everyone, I just joined today and this will be my first post, since I just picked up my Zephyr Ion from my mailbox. I have been using a cheap wooden box for a couple years now and excited to get my head blown away by this thing.

I have been studying for a few months and have loved all the information this site has as well as the community it has.

I have a question, the company i ordered from vaporizerkits.com listed that they would send out whips when they were available. So my question is... are they not available still? I thought they already were available? Because it didn't come with one.

Thanks in advance and you will see me or B in other threads here. I'm excited to use some of the recipes and ideas you all have.

TandB,

Syd

Thanks for all the input folks, much appreciated! I'll give that a try -- grind, dry, vape. :)

Another question -- how do you change the screens? (I couldn't find an exact answer in earlier posts, but it's been a bit since I've looked.)

Syd,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
OK, folks. Here's my review as promised. Definitely recommend this device to anyone!

Quality
The Zephyr Ion has nothing to envy of the Volcano. Well built machine, well designed. They didn't just throw a vape together, they made their dream vape and shared it with the world. Temperature accuracy is great also.
10/10

Ease of Use
So easy a caveman could do it! Was ready to go out of the box. Easy to work with without getting burned.
10/10

Durability
Everything seems to be very sturdy. I did pop a bag after about 4-5 bags. The replacement bags appear to be the newer nylon bags which seem a lot better. I failed at my first bag replacement attempt and left behind some leakage, but I got it right the 2nd time.
9/10

Maintenance
Zephyr really thought things through when designing this vape. All the surfaces are non-stick so everything is super easy to clean. As long as you blow off residue after every use, it appears to stay in pretty good shape. The top screen gets kinda dirty, but apparently that's because my biomass is not dry enough.
9/10

Features
I love the fact that it's digital. It's great to be able to dial in to the setting for want for the desired effect. Low temps for anti-inflammatory/analgesic effect, and high temps for couchlock sedative effect. 440F works great for my insomnia! I wish the whip was out by now, as well as the software. Bruce, if you need any more Beta Testers, I'd be glad to help, and I will definitely use it. The features will be a 10 after those two things get released.
8/10

Health Benefits
The main reason for my purchase is Health. My wife has some lung problems, but loves to smoke. This is perfect for her. We had an I-Inhale before, and while it is a great portable vape, but isn't quite as powerful as bag delivery and isn't really good for daily use. The Zephyr Ion makes it easy to Fuck Combustion and primarily vape. The health properties you get from vaping are great too! I've never gotten such a pronounced medical effect from another vape, let alone combustion.
10/10

Efficiency
The other big reason for vaping. I don't necessarily need to use less biomass, I just like to use every last bit. I use my ABV for cooking, tinctures, or QWISO. I must say that the quality of my AVB is amazing. I made the best tasting cannabutter today, much better and cleaner tasting that anything I ever got from my I-Inhale. I've gotten a lot better with being efficient. I've gotten 8 bags out of .2g. Awesome!
10/10

Vapor Quality & Leakage
The quality of the vapor from the Zephyr Ion is on par with that of the Volcano. Great taste through 4 or 5 bags sometimes. Always consistent. I did experience some leakage when I fist got it, but I have not noticed it since. I got some leakage after replacing a broken bag, but it was my own screwup. Retied the bag to the valve and no more leaks.
9/10

Improvements
You definitely have a great product and I love that you stand behind it 100%. That being said, there is always room for improvement. The manual could be a bit more thorough. The delay of the whip and remote software is a minus. Once those are out, this will be one cool product to own.

Overall
I am in love with my Zephyr Ion. I've used Volcanos in the past, both classic and digital, and this is on par or better on all aspects, especially at half the price of a Volcano Digit. It has definitely turned me into a daily vapist. Highly Recommended to all!!!
9/10

CombustionJunction,

doback

just got my zephyr ion today from the mail. I also own a volcano and will be doing a comparison side to side tests and video. i will post it on youtube as well here.

I love the zephyr, it's great, definitely a good unit but one concern, because the tube elements are not metal and hot air is passing through the plastic, is the plastic BPA free? that is my one concern. otherwise another issue is that the o-ring rubber seal that seals with the basket comes out frequently when i open the chamber.

Excellent product, i highly recommend. (buy this over volcano first time around, i've been a volcano owner for years).

doback,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
doback said:
just got my zephyr ion today from the mail. I also own a volcano and will be doing a comparison side to side tests and video. i will post it on youtube as well here.

I love the zephyr, it's great, definitely a good unit but one concern, because the tube elements are not metal and hot air is passing through the plastic, is the plastic BPA free? that is my one concern. otherwise another issue is that the o-ring rubber seal that seals with the basket comes out frequently when i open the chamber.

Excellent product, i highly recommend. (buy this over volcano first time around, i've been a volcano owner for years).
Doback,
glad to have you as an Ion owner, I think you will enjoy it much....
couple things. The hot air does not pass through any plastic, the heating element is encased in a ceramic chamber. The tip is Teflon and rated over the 456 degreeF flash point for your biomass. ( the Ion only heats to 440F)

The o-ring is silicone, I find it best to take the top screen and o-ring out, replace the o-ring and then put the screen in over it. The tension of the screen pushing against the silicone should keep everything in place.

Hope this helps

Bruce@Zephyr,

unholy666

love the zephyr ion so much i got 2, one for my place and one for my girls. also had vapor bros and the biggest pos in the world, the vapormatic( that's what made me get another ion). what's up with the whip though? i really want it now. oh well i'll wait, great product, great times!:ko:

unholy666,

Anthony

Anthony
I just picked up a Quad Perk. ash catcher for my SYN mini Showerhead, in one word it's excellent with the Zephyr attached.

pic:
3OV0O.jpg

Anthony,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Anthony said:
I just picked up a Quad Perk. ash catcher for my SYN mini Showerhead, in one word it's excellent with the Zephyr attached.

pic:
3OV0O.jpg

That's just SICK!!!!

Bruce@Zephyr,

Syd

The "four replacement bags" that came with my unit is actually one huge loooooong bag? Do you cut to fit whatever size you want, or is that a mistake?

Syd,
Top Bottom