Zephyr Ion Contest / Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

Bruce, a few things. No one is pissed off. Bewildered, but not pissed off.

Secondly, you posting up another thread to allow people to "vent" as you say, is a bit condescending. Just like I don't think anyone's pissed off, I also don't think that people just need to vent. People are just looking for a reason why you chose to go with a contest that would limit the amount of entries to a select few who have the resources, knowledge and talent to participate.

That's really all there is to it.

A new thread for us to "vent"? Now THAT causes me to be a bit more than just bewildered.

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
ok ok, pissed is a stronger word than I could have used.

Wasn't trying to be condescending by posting another thread, I was trying to keep this one on the topic at hand which is about the contest being run.

Why I chose the winner I chose:
It is the entry I liked the most
it is the entry I thought would allow people to be creative.
it is the entry I thought was broad enough to leave plenty of room for interpretation
In the past I have been burned by text only contests.
Something visual is what I wanted from the get.

Bruce@Zephyr,

flanman

are people limited to how many entries you can have or can you just go to town and make a shit ton of different ones?

flanman,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
I am subscribed to this thread but I am not getting emails when new posts come across. Am I doing something wrong?

Bruce@Zephyr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i think you just click on the Show Subscribed posts down towards the bottom of index page. As far as i know i've never received emails concerning my subscriptions. I just manage them by clicking that link.

DevoTheStrange,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
i think you just click on the Show Subscribed posts down towards the bottom of index page. As far as i know i've never received emails concerning my subscriptions. I just manage them by clicking that link.
Thanks man,.. good tip

Bruce@Zephyr,

Derf

How are we supposed to create an advertisement for a product when there are no really good/varied pictures and/or video clips we can use for it? We'll be creative for a product we can't show but once in a stock photo!

Well, I have a great idea for a video, unfortunately I would actually need to film the zephyr ion for it to work.

I also have a few ideas for pictures, but the few pictures available for the zephyr ion make it too difficult to do based on the angle of the picture.

Bruce, you gotta give us something to work with! Can we request certain pictures and or video clips or something?

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Derf said:
How are we supposed to create an advertisement for a product when there are no really good/varied pictures and/or video clips we can use for it? We'll be creative for a product we can't show but once in a stock photo!

Well, I have a great idea for a video, unfortunately I would actually need to film the zephyr ion for it to work.

I also have a few ideas for pictures, but the few pictures available for the zephyr ion make it too difficult to do based on the angle of the picture.

Bruce, you gotta give us something to work with! Can we request certain pictures and or video clips or something?
I don't have any video clips, but there are some photos on the facebook page for Zephyr. If you can't find something of use to you get with me and I will see what I can work out. I don't really think it would be fair for me to take specific requests but if we have something that has not been posted I will give everyone access.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Beezleb

Those are logistical issues that we all have to deal with. To purposefully place more material that can be used is not fair to those who have already made an entry as it is after the fact.

If more material is put out, I hope it is readily made known as to not give someone a potential advantage or the appearance of special treatment which I believe is not the case.

Beezleb,

Derf

Bruce@Zephyr said:
I don't have any video clips, but there are some photos on the facebook page for Zephyr. If you can't find something of use to you get with me and I will see what I can work out. I don't really think it would be fair for me to take specific requests but if we have something that has not been posted I will give everyone access.
How do we find the facebook page? Google isn't returning anything. Do I need to create a facebook account? I've kinda been avoiding that.

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Derf said:
How do we find the facebook page? Google isn't returning anything. Do I need to create a facebook account? I've kinda been avoiding that.
I think you will have to create a facebook account to access the images on it,.. by no means am I pimping fb but between our website, the rest of the internet, and our fb page there should be plenty to draw from. If privacy is an issue, lots of people lie to fb when creating an account.

*edit* If you do create an account or for those of you who have one,..most everything can be found here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=141687&id=256260477996
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=141689&id=256260477996

might even be something worthwhile in the other photos

Bruce@Zephyr,

Derf

Well this sucks... I'm not going to create a FB account after I've been boycotting them for this long just to get some photos. I'll see what I can make do with on the web, but the pickin's are pretty thin, so this will be an interesting product ad.

Derf,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
i've made something for your signature bruce (and all other owners of a zephyr) ;)

8zx6edmteqmd.jpg

Heisenberg,

Derf

Now that the contest has just been extended, I'm sure to have time to finish my video!

Derf,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom