• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Zephyr Ion Contest / Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
A creative picture or video(Any kind having anything to do with the zephyr ion)-Contest. It can be a creative picture justifying why they NEED the zephyr ion, or announcing the best traits about the Ion. Basically anything. Maybe create a story with the zephyr ion on the plot? as a character? Something halarous that will be enjoyed viewing. I say its a contest based purely on the creativity and quality of the piece of work, while incorperating the Ion into it in some unique and artistic, possibly unexpected way.
*** winning concept by JeffK1893 ***

Details
Contest will run till at least February 7th
*note* if we get a lot of submissions the contest may be extended.

Create a picture or video justifying why a person would NEED the zephyr ion, or announcing the best traits about the Ion. Or create a visual story with the zephyr ion on the plot? as a character? Something hilarious that will be enjoyed viewing and further the Zephyr Ion name.
**In short, a Zephyr Ion advertisement**

That is right, it can be a picture or video if you need images of the ION we have plenty posted on our facebook page and there are some in the Zephyr Ion thread in the Vaporizer Forum.

Post the image to the web and place a link in the FC "Zephyr Ion Contest / Part 2" contest thread

*typical rules apply: Must be over 18, enter as ofter as you like, one prize per contestant regardless of number of entries.
Stay away from anything
illegal.
Submissions may be used in future Zephyr Ion marketing campaigns ( we will notify you and get permission prior to using your artwork as promotional tools)

**Hint** the judges are partial to humor and alluding to a "biomass" without naming that "biomass"

Bruce@Zephyr,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I had high hopes for winning (bummer :( ).

Congrats Jeff. :)

Although this contest is not particularly for me, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun for those who enter ideas and spectators alike. :D

Progress,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah... this one is not for me, but I am looking forward to seeing what others enter. I don't have the means to enter this contest.
Congrats jeff... were expecting a review from ya on that zephyr.

DevoTheStrange,

FEAR420

I thought the contest would be something EVERYBODY could compete in....not just people with graphical skills....

FEAR420,

lwien

Not for me either. Writing is more my thing, but to those that are participating, good luck to ya.

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Damn... You guys are killing me!! I guess in a few months I will have to post an essay contest, or if I run a promotion on a separate site I will do an essay contest and let you all know. Fact is ,..a couple months back I threw a contest to win an ION on facebook best Haiku wins, and nobody entered, left me a little gunshy about that type of promotion.

Bruce@Zephyr,

lwien

God, I hate to say this, but it is on my mind, so I just gotta get it out and ask, but first I have to sincerely apologize to both Jeff and Bruce, because the last thing that I want to do is to disparage either of you or to paint myself in the corner as a sore loser, but.......here goes anyways.

Bruce, here's the question. I know that you are really trying to market your Zephyr against the Volcano and I thought that I read in one of your posts that you would like a review from someone that has both, so getting a Zephyr into someone's hands that has a Volcano is a major plus. Of all the contest entries, Jeff is the only one that has a Volcano in his sig. Did this play a part in your decision?

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lwien said:
God, I hate to say this, but it is on my mind, so I just gotta get it out and ask, but first I have to sincerely apologize to both Jeff and Bruce, because the last thing that I want to do is to disparage either of you or to paint myself in the corner as a sore loser, but.......here goes anyways.

Bruce, here's the question. I know that you are really trying to market your Zephyr against the Volcano and I thought that I read in one of your posts that you would like a review from someone that has both, so getting a Zephyr into someone's hands that has a Volcano is a major plus. Of all the contest entries, Jeff is the only one that has a Volcano in his sig. Did this play a part in your decision?
lwien,
Truth be told no, that played 0 part in my decision. I would like to note that I am not trying to market against the Volcano, I am trying to market FOR the Zephyr ION. I don't want the Zephyr Ion to be a cheaper version of the Volcano or a knock off of the Volcano or anything like that. The Zephyr ION is a highly engineered product that stands on it's own.

I think if you go back through the posts you will find I never compare the two and make a point of only pointing out the facts of the Zephyr ION. You are probably thinking of ZephyrSupport which is why I had to speak up in here in the first place. He wanted to do a contest to put the Zephyr ION up against "all comers" and that isn't my style.

I had a hard time choosing a winner for this contest as there were a lot of entries that were similar or even someone suggesting how another entry would be better. I honestly chose this entry because I thought the most people would be able to enter since it isn't just video or just pictures. I didn't want someone to have to own an ION to win one. I didn't want anyone to have to go out and buy anything just so they could enter a contest and I thought that with all the photo editing software out there and a bit of creativity most anyone could play.

Bruce@Zephyr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
hehe. I have photo editing software and am creative... but don't know how to use the software. I'm better at drawing stuff but have no scanner. No video equipment either. I would have to either buy stuff, or teach myself how to use a program I have difficulty with.

oh yeah, I do believe lwien is spelled with an L.

DevoTheStrange,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
hehe. I have photo editing software and am creative... but don't know how to use the software. I'm better at drawing stuff but have no scanner. No video equipment either. I would have to either buy stuff, or teach myself how to use a program I have difficulty with.
Do you have a camera on your cellphone? Why wouldn't you be able to draw something and upload a photo from your camera? I am easy.

Bruce@Zephyr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah but the way I draw, that crappy ass cellphone camera won't see crap. I don't draw in small scale, I do things big and highly detailed. I'm very anal about my art being able to be seen, almost to the point of OCD. I also tend to involve a lot of time and effort into my art. I get paid for what I do, so I tend to not do stuff that doesn't pay out, I don't have the time to put myself into something at this time that would not surely benefit me. Sounds selfish, but I got bills to pay, so my artwork has other priorities. Gotta pay the bills before I can find time to draw something that doesn't bring me income. so like I said before, going to sit this one out.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Then I sincerely apologize Bruce. Hope no offense was taken.

/bow

But regarding using graphics, many of us either don't have the necessary hardware OR software to be able to accomplish this, and even if we had the software, many of us wouldn't know how to use it............and I have to put myself in that category. ALL of us though, have the capability to write and writing doesn't require any special hardware, OR software to accomplish the task of putting words on a 'puter screen.

Using graphics as a medium definitely narrows the talent pool.

Be that as it may, I wish the best of luck to those that DO have either the equipment, software and know how to participate. Looking forward to your entries.

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Then I sincerely apologize Bruce. Hope no offense was taken.

/bow

But regarding using graphics, many of us either don't have the necessary hardware OR software to be able to accomplish this, and even if we had the software, many of us wouldn't know how to use it............and I have to put myself in that category. ALL of us though, have the capability to write and writing doesn't require any special hardware, OR software to accomplish the task of putting words on a 'puter screen.

Using graphics as a medium definitely narrows the talent pool.

Be that as it may, I wish the best of luck to those that DO have either the equipment, software and know how to participate. Looking forward to your entries.
No offense taken,.. I think it is a nice change of pace that the folks on this forum speak their minds, think before they post and generally have something intelligent to say or ask about.

To counter your point about everyone having the capability to write,... I would say that many people have the ability to write but express themselves better with other mediums. For this contest we went visual. I will hold one in the future that is text/blog based.

Bruce@Zephyr,

lwien

Bruce@Zephyr said:
To counter your point about everyone having the capability to write,... I would say that many people have the ability to write but express themselves better with other mediums.
Yes, some would be able to express themselves better with other mediums, but I would think that you would want a contest that would encourage the most entries. I really do think that you would get many more entries if it was text based. Many, many more.

Anyways, last post from me on this. Again, best of luck to those that will participate.

Over.......and out.

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
If anyone needs something scanned in for them I'd be happy to help, I have a nice laser print/scan unit in my office. If anyone wants to snail mail in something to be scanned I can email back to them as an attachment. The original artwork can then be mailed back as well. Holler if I can help!

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lo said:
If anyone needs something scanned in for them I'd be happy to help, I have a nice laser print/scan unit in my office. If anyone wants to snail mail in something to be scanned I can email back to them as an attachment. The original artwork can then be mailed back as well. Holler if I can help!
way awesome of you lo.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
lo said:
way awesome of you lo.
Agreed. !! Lo's a giver.

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Aww, thanks guys! Just trying to help so more entries are possible for this one hopefully :D

Feel free to email me if you need something scanned!!

Lo,

Progress

I, too, feel that many will be excluded by limiting the entries to video and image (and am not certain why the winning idea was chosen when many, including myself, had suggested to have people create marketing materials while the winner merely restated that idea and limited it to pics n vids).

It is YOUR contest and YOUR rules, Bruce (however, I do appreciate your efforts to justify your decisions).

PS: Iwein, I have no vapes in my sig...does that mean that I am deluded in thinking that I have used the volcano many times (maybe I have never vaped before?) Just kidding :lol:

Progress,

Beezleb

lol, I have never such back and forth over a contest.

Make a business decision and move on. This is a vaporizer forum about the vaporizer. Bruce it is right for you to be here, people who come here, are likely wanting to learn about vaporizers so I can see how the face book thing did not work out too well.

I do not think Zypher is looking for state of art stuff and just because it is not the contest you may have hoped for. Be thankful you even had a say in the first place. Bruce, if these people could, they would micro manage you lol.

I look forward to your new contest and the entries.

Beezleb,

lwien

Progress said:
PS: Iwein, I have no vapes in my sig...does that mean that I am deluded in thinking that I have used the volcano many times (maybe I have never vaped before?) Just kidding :lol:
LOL. I know. It's just that it didn't make any sense to me why a contest was chosen that would really limited the amount of possible entries, so I was searching for a reason.

lwien,

lwien

Beezleb said:
Bruce, if these people could, they would micro manage you lol.
Fuck yeah. I micro manage everyone I come in contact with. Now............if I could just learn how to micro manage myself like I do others, life would just be a bowl of cherries rather than fresh escargot floating around in a bowl of sour cream. :)

(Wise edit, Beez. ;) )

lwien,

Progress

I don't remember anyone specifically asking you Beezleb, but since you decided to chime, I am certain that you wont mind a reply (If not you may want to just mind your own Beez next time).

Anyhow, I feel that we have every right to be confused by the choice made, as others previously said tag line, logo, and even promotional materials before the winner, while he said marketing materials. Plus the contest does seem to be turning some away who aren't as interested in a contest limited to pics and vids.

Also...you (Beezleb) may want to think before you speak (write). IMO, the individual stating a directive like "make a business decision and move on" would more appropriately be accused of micromanaging than one who says "It is YOUR contest and YOUR rules, Bruce (however, I do appreciate your efforts to justify your decisions)".

Onto something more important:
Bruce, as I said, it is YOUR contest, and you have nothing that you have to explain. However, it seems that some are uncomfortable without knowing the thought process behind choosing the winner vs. some that may have been runner ups (and less limiting).

Progress,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
I have been trying to keep out of the way for the most part.

I have explained my thoughts behind my choice and I stand by them. Since no more questions were asked my direction, I don't feel the need to explain further. Perhaps we could move this part of the thread to a " Why the Zephyr Ion contest pisses me off thread" and let people who want to vent use that space?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=52849#p52849

Bruce@Zephyr,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom