Zephyr Ion Contest / Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derf

stickstones said:
derf...I'm digging that music...can you give track details?
ID by Kasabian.

That was a pretty ballsy video, I shudder to think that costume was in your closet, lol. I like how you come out and then suck in your gut - pretty sneaky!

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
I hate to do this to you all, but I am trying to make a decision, there are only a few of you who have posted for the contest and quite a few entries were on marijuanatv. com . I can not access that site, either my computer won't let me (doubtful) or the site is screwy (likely). If you could post with a link to the video on youtube that would help greatly. There were some very keen entries that I can no longer review,. I would like to. (those of you with video submissions not on youtube)

Bruce@Zephyr,

Beezleb

I will put the ones I have youtube that is not already their. It is the site, its been on and off the last few days.

This one is a news ticker, just something I rather quickly put together. Every product should have a news ticker hehe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ccF3vUDUik

This is a short video I made as to give it a healthy appeal for those wanting to switch from smoking. I made somewhat story like. Special thanks for Spinal Tap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IYT5c6o0Mg

This video I made has energetic drum beat that most should know and is designed to hopefully make someone want to check the Zephyr out further.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p__LG4HrXUk

This video I made to be explanatory by showing examples of use with a music background that was tweaked with the video to make it so the viewer can understand what the girl is explaining and it is as if the girl is almost dancing. That is followed up by quick explanation. This was designed to be explanatory and show the product in more detail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gUobmRkIc

I had alot of fun making these and I wish everyone good luck.

Beezleb,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
If you have entered either of the 2 contests, I will need an email with your name, address, FC screeename and age. Please include in the subject line "Fuck Combustion contest"
Thank you.
I will be announcing winners this week and mailing prizes as well.
bruce@zephyrvaporizers.com

Bruce@Zephyr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Bruce@Zephyr said:
If you have entered either of the 2 contests, I will need an email with your name, address, FC screeename and age. Please include in the subject line "Fuck Combustion contest"
Thank you.
so that would be this contest and the one about coming up with an idea for a contest right?

DevoTheStrange,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Thank you.
so that would be this contest and the one about coming up with an idea for a contest right?
that is correct, if anyone has entered any contest that has anything to do with Zephyr Ion,.... I am going to need an email with your name, address, FC screeename and age. Please include in the subject line "Fuck Combustion contest" bruce@zephyrvaporizers.com

Bruce@Zephyr,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
If there is a Mod out there that can also post that info into the old contest page, I think everyone will get their prizes that way.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Prizes have been sent to the winners. I will be in Las Vegas at the C.H.A.M.P.S. Trade-show for the majority of the week. I don't imagine I will have much time to visit the site but I will try and I look forward to review reading when I return. ( What ever happened to Jeff?)

For a complete list of winners, read this thread.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
derf have you already received your ion (because you have it in your signature) ? :brow:

Heisenberg,

Beezleb

I will post this and my follow up the 385 degree review in the Zephyr Ion thread, but posted here as to show a result of the contest. It was a fun contest and I am glad my work was deemed Zephyr Ion Worthy! So without adieu I present my first review of the Zephyr Ion!

I called this my Major Award Zephyr Ion Party and Review. I invited another experienced in the ways of the world and is a fellow vapist and smoker.

This is not about any other vaporizers or about smoking versus vaping. We just wanted to do a review of the vaporizer and celebrate the "Major Award" hehe. The Major Award reference comes from a xmas movie called "A Christmas Story." I felt the Zephyr fit this category nicely.

Major Award Zephyr Ion Party and Review

Session 1:
375 degrees temperature with average quality herb ground in 5 piece grinder. Material was prepared in the manner and amount I would for normal use.
Size of Basket: 1/3 filled.
5 Bags @ 5 to 7 draws per bag.
Bag session is faster than direct draw.
No coughing, very tasty clean tasting vapor.

The photos were taken the next day with the findings in agreement with the priors day's review so each of these reviews were done and retested with the same conditions and amounts the next day.

Working Material, Average strength.

1st bag, very even vapor to air, sensation noticeable after 1st bag, reminds of pin joint. Unfortunately not all the shots were usable.

2nd bag, high, good working buzz, no couch lock. Reminds of a pin joint of average quality.

3rd bag, slightly less vapor than in the 2nd bag. Reminds of a normal size joint in sensation. Good mellow high, could easily watch a movie, play a game or the like.

4th bag, very light vapor, believe the entire bag would make perhaps one good draw normal draw. Very wispy draws and not generally not considered of value but there is still some green in the herb when finished and still tasty

Summary
Overall the sensation is very clear, one of the most cleanest vape sessions experienced was said and agreed. and the taste lasted throughout all 4 bags. A very good working style buzz and quite energetic. Some felt they could easily have stopped after the second bag and the 3rd and 4th bags deemed better to save for ABV.

Keep in mind, this was just a baseline reading so to speak. We did not stir between bags on purpose. All other sessions will be stirred between bags.

At the 375 degree setting the vapor is very impressive generally being light, crispy, energetic, clean and tasty. Our general views on even vapor bags versus direct draw higher vapor to air ratio are beginning to crack. Most everyone felt that stopping after the 3rd bag would be the normal use at the 375 degree setting without stirring. This is due to the view that not much vapor of real value was achieved after the 3rd bag and would be better served in later abv use.

The session is ended.

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Great review, beez! And congrats! I received one as well and got started on it last night, but had to cut the session short after two bags. I only put about two PD stems worth in there...didn't even cover the screen and got two nice bags that were giving effect (at 385, I think). Afterwards the bud was greener than anything I ever have left over. I'm saving it for another run at a higher temp to see how the effect is different.

Any of you guys figure out how to change the temp to Celsius? And beez, you mentioned the direct draw...did you get a whip with it (I didn't)?

stickstones,

Beezleb

No whip kit yet, I look forward to it.

The direct draw is in reference to my DBV but I did not want to mention other vapes in the review. I have our session notes on a run at 385 but need to take some pics at 385 first and compile the notes better. I had someone take notes as we discussed it as we did it but I did not take pics the first time due to not wanting to slow the process. I love the eyeclops but it is difficult to get focused.

You are right on about the abv being very green compared to other vapes I have used and the pics show more life than any other final pic I have ever looked at and I am where I want to be. This makes me very excited in terms of the improving my swampwater hehe. It is too preliminary but I genuinely see this as increasing efficiency tremendously and for a DBV owner I generally consider my use pretty much optimum for myself. When I compare my usage with the Zephyr I am favoring the Zephyr. I did not expect this as I felt the DBV matched me perfectly.

The song, Moving on up, from the "Jefferson's is applicable.
http://www.tvland.com/theme_songs/ Click on the Jefferson's to hear if you need to hehe.

I will talk more on my experiences and view points later in the Zephyr Ion thread. I look forward to more Zephyr owners having a good discussion on it. I have to say, it has really changed my view on bag vapes. While I have used a bag vape before I never controlled it before and never had a chance to really test it.

Beezleb,

Konrad_Zuse

I guess I'm a little late to the party, forgot to enter my contest 2 submission :(, damn video/graphics is my specialty too. I guess it's too late to even send an email too. I would love to see more reviews and such, and congrats to all of the winners :).

Konrad_Zuse,

Derf

Heisenberg said:
derf have you already received your ion (because you have it in your signature) ? :brow:
Yup. I just got it yesterday. Didn't have a chance to test it until today, but updated my sig last night.

Thanks, Bruce, so much for creating the contest, and for allowing all of us to be winners.

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Konrad_Zuse said:
I guess I'm a little late to the party, forgot to enter my contest 2 submission :(, damn video/graphics is my specialty too. I guess it's too late to even send an email too. I would love to see more reviews and such, and congrats to all of the winners :).
Well, I would like to see what you have,... them guys @ Zephyr are pretty forgiving on most things,....:cool:

Bruce@Zephyr,

Beezleb

:)

I love that this became a celebration of the Zephyr! I had a lot of fun making the videos and in the back of mind I am thinking of incorporating the close up pics into a video but still in the early stages in my mind.

Beezleb,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Great Contest everyone!
Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but damn,.. I was tired HAHAHA

We decided to go with 4 winners for the contest "There is no best vaporizer" and there was no best entry.
They were all great! stickstones had me laughing the hardest and I really look forward to the celebrity endorsement sequel :lol: Derf and Beezleb had great commercials and showed tons of creativity with limited materials to work with. Heisenberg loved the song and best use of the actual Zephyr God, Zephyr Icon for the signature and that Gandolf picture. Everyone else didn't quite follow the rules.

Thanks again for an excellent contest.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Welcome back from CHAMPS, Bruce (I hope that it was fun and a success).

Your kindness, fairness, professionalism, and marketing insight should serve you well in your field. :tup:

Congratulations to all the winners! :D

Progress,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom