Zeal and Ω

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze and @Grass Yes

You guys are the heros we need
lego-batman_promo-1615x1060-38ea2e44a0ecff3170b94c1a1c9ad1b7.jpg

I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

codexica

The anticipation is killing me -- I ordered an Omega just before Thanksgiving (just the regular wired setup at this point, though stuff to make it wireless is next on my "to-get" list), and it arrived in my city yesterday morning and has been sitting in processing ever since. Really, really hope it makes it to my mailbox today -- it's been a loooooooooong week at work, and playing with my new Omega would be a fabulous way to kick off the weekend!

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker
Yeah I can think of 5 great ones of the top of my head from the CC Discord. Here is a small thread of those: https://discord.com/channels/1136395100704997427/1136395746711711904/1179837663977668660

Two great turn-key options are from @jkeyes98 and @RedeyeDezign

Edited to add: I would also love if this FC thread were the place people came to show off and share their coil stand builds. Seems better than the empheral world of discord, but time makes fools of us all.:)
Thanks for the shout out!

I haven't been as active on FC lately, but this is the perfect opportunity to post some of the stands I've been working on.

This is my typical stand. It can hold most PID's including CC, Qaromashop, Crossing Tech, Cannabis Hardware, etc. The opening is approximately 1.75" h x 3.75" w x 8" deep. I like this design because I set my PID at the temp I like and leave it, and the light can get annoying, so here the screen is off to the side. I set my bong next to it, and can see the light in the water to help me remember to turn it off.

When using the cross clamp, its important to have an extra nut to tighten up onto the clamp itself in order to keep the clamp tight over time. This helps keep the coil from rotating side to side and possibly tipping the hot Omega. I sell these clamps by themself if you dont feel like buying packs of 4 or 5 of all the hardware. https://redeyedezign.etsy.com/
Its an M12 cross clamp, with M12 x 1.75 threading. The bolt can fit in 1/2" - 3/4" holes with the washers.

Here is a custom stand I did for Terpchaserclub. Its for a double PID, one wired and one wireless.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Ok, this may be my omega Armor and Omega build, unless I can find some cooler main post and cage. Preliminary report: it's turned a dull greyish-gold color and seems to like a slightly higher temp than the original coil for the kit. The fit is buttery smooth. Three pulls at 400F DC PID (~475F?) gave me a nice golden-tobacco roast with excellent flavor and cool, cool vapor thru the CC glass bowl and GooRoo small inline. More testing due but this seems so far like a really special setup!
IMG-6357.jpg
IMG-6354.jpg

coolbreeze

Last edited:

Madtater

New one:
That doesnt seem like the plastic zip-ties would work well. Even if they dont heat up enough to melt, they will heat up a bit, then cool, then heat up, then cool etc, until it becomes brittle and breaks.

Maybe safety wire would be a better option?

mixchu69

New one:
@coolbreeze , love the creative ideas. What’s great about the 2 stands you made (the wooden base included) are that they don’t take as much space as other stands I’ve seen

Edit: just realized it was from Ballvape comparison thread by @Varden. Still love the wooden base (my favorite setup I’ve seen)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze , love the creative ideas. What’s great about the 2 stands you made (the wooden base included) are that they don’t take as much space as other stands I’ve seen

Edit: just realized it was from Ballvape comparison thread. Still love the wooden base
Ah, thank you! They're so nice because you can move the whole setup so easily and safely to just where you want it, free of the PID more or less.

The one above is by @Varden, I thought it was simple and clever, plastic ties notwithstanding. Maybe there should be a dedicated thread now that there are more and more wireless possibilities. It's been fun to see all the novel approaches.

Varden

That doesnt seem like the plastic zip-ties would work well. Even if they dont heat up enough to melt, they will heat up a bit, then cool, then heat up, then cool etc, until it becomes brittle and breaks.

Maybe safety wire would be a better option?
I myself was also afraid that the plastic ties would become hot and melt, but they seem fine. I have touched that part of the coil and does not seem to get too hot. In any case, the two plastic ties is what I had at hand, you can use something else.

codexica

My Omega is finally here (USPS kept it in processing in my city from 5 a.m. Thursday when it arrived until this afternoon), and I'm in love! I also really like idb's bowls -- I got the blue fumed that take a stainless screen in 14mm and 18mm, and they are really nice and solid. The size seems quite nice, too -- not too big and not too small. I also one of ed's microdose diffuser bowls in the black friday sales (the kind that takes a little 1/2 inch basket screen), so I'll have that to test for small loads, too. But I'm one hit in with my gorgeous blue bowl and my black friday gooroo couch potato, and this is getting 2 giant thumbs up from me.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Well, this is a no brainer first ball vape…Any idea when US compatible SS Zeal Lite kits will drop again?
Preorders for full kits are up in the CC store now:

Also pre-orders for a couple of brand new wireless kits. One even has the Armor coil:

mixchu69

Preorders for full kits are up in the CC store now:

Also pre-orders for a couple of brand new wireless kits. One even has the Armor coil:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does the Armored Omega Wireless Kit include. Is it just the enclosure, a PID and a bowl?

I added the preorder to my cart and noticed there is a charge for the omega and the omega wireless coil?

I am not complaining because IDB offers the best prices for ball vapes and great glass for the community. I am curious what the kit includes because I only see product details and a link to the older enclosure.

Just trying to decide if I should DIY the stand or buy the kit.

mixchu69,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does the Armored Omega Wireless Kit include. Is it just the enclosure, a PID and a bowl?
I believe the wireless kit linked above is:
  • Omega
  • Armor coil
  • PID controller
  • Rubies
  • Bowl
  • Wireless handle
  • PID enclosure (hold the coil too)
I added the preorder to my cart and noticed there is a charge for the omega and the omega wireless coil?
I am not sure I understand. I added the kit to my cart and didn't see at other charges? I did not check out though.

mixchu69

I believe the wireless kit linked above is:
  • Omega
  • Armor coil
  • PID controller
  • Rubies
  • Bowl
  • Wireless handle
  • PID enclosure (hold the coil too)

I am not sure I understand. I added the kit to my cart and didn't see at other charges? I did not check out though.
i am an idiot. I already had an omega and omega armor coil already in my cart when I was thinking about doing a DIY. thanks for checking it for me @Grass Yes

mixchu69,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Boxboxbox

So I just got a shovelhead bowl and I don’t feel like the omega fits like it’s supposed to. Does someone have a picture of which head I’m supposed to put on the omega so get it to seat properly. I’ve been only using the supplied glass bowl with the 22mm diffuser. Sorry in advance imma noob.

Boxboxbox,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So I just got a shovelhead bowl and I don’t feel like the omega fits like it’s supposed to. Does someone have a picture of which head I’m supposed to put on the omega so get it to seat properly. I’ve been only using the supplied glass bowl with the 22mm diffuser. Sorry in advance imma noob.
The 22mm diffuser works best
PXL-20231221-040221436.jpg

Also some folks were accidentally trying to assemble their shovelheads upside down, so I thought I should mention that.

cptofnthng

Does someone know a shop that sells 22mm Glass bowls in Europe to use with the zeal? I fucked mine a bit, and i need a spare one.

cptofnthng,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused

Hippie

Lacentralevapeur - France
Docteur vaporisateur - France (I suspect they're the same people)
Recommended Vape Supplies - UK

Top Bottom