Zeal and Ω

encoderboy

The male micro diffusers are fantastic:

They're my favorite bowl for the Zeal/Omega.

Ed's diffuser bowls don't fit my Omega/Zeals, unfortunately, just my cheap diffuser from China. Maybe a light sanding would be enough, though?
Thanks for the replies guys! After @coolbreeze 's rave review I got in contact with DFreez and am getting a micro bowl sorted :-)

Waffle1507

Does anyone know of another glass bowl with a metal screen that will work with the Zeal? The clear one on the CC site is sold out at the moment

I tried searching the thread but there were a lot of results so I apologize if I missed the answer to this

coolbreeze

Does anyone know of another glass bowl with a metal screen that will work with the Zeal? The clear one on the CC site is sold out at the moment

I tried searching the thread but there were a lot of results so I apologize if I missed the answer to this
This might:

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

DaVapeGuy

Skip the overpriced qaroma stuff and just get a colored bowl

mixchu69

Been late to the game and the Omega looks great. read through the entire thread and regret some of my recent BF purchases as the Omega is what I want.

2 questions:
1) will you ever make the Omega out of zirconia?. It will differentiate your product from every wireless baller head. Maybe it’s too fragile or hard to fit a handle?
2) i dont see any of the Omega controller enclosures being used (actually @jkeyes98 has one, which I believe he 3-d printed). I think most ppl DIYed (i really like the DIY setups by @coolbreeze and the new designs by @jkeyes98 ). I think I read @subway13029 has the Omega enclosure on the website. How do ppl like the Omega enclosure (which looks 3d printed too)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
1) will you ever make the Omega out of zirconia?. It will differentiate your product from every wireless baller head. Maybe it’s too fragile or hard to fit a handle?
Anything is possible, but people have asked this on discord and iDB said that it would not be workable. I suspect that is due to the threads for the modules. Getting them machined probably would be expensive and error prone. Not to mention that they would almost certainly break in practice. This has not been a problem with the Zeals, but with the Omega I change the modules multiple times a day. Zirconia is strong but it is still ceramic. Ceramic that also is being subjected to massive temperature changes. And even a you only have a 2% failure rate, if 500 people buy them that is still 10 people with a totally dead expensive vape.

2) i dont see any of the Omega controller enclosures being used (actually @jkeyes98 has one, which I believe he 3-d printed). I think most ppl DIYed (i really like the DIY setups by @coolbreeze and the new designs by @jkeyes98 ). I think I read @subway13029 has the Omega enclosure on the website. How do ppl like the Omega enclosure (which looks 3d printed too)
The Cloud Connoisseur enclosure was designed in part by @jkeyes98 . So I believe they are similar. I don't have one, and I think that most of the pre-orders are shipping out now.

I don't have the enclosure but I also have an Auber PID so that would not work for me. And I'm pretty happy with my set up and tinkering with DIY coil mounts.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For some reason, the link in CC's site header did not work for me (says expired?), but I found a working invite link on IG!

Yeah unfortunately the discord invite links constantly expire and need to be updated, pretty annoying lol

Does anyone have a bowl they like for microdosing on the Zeal?

I've been enjoying some smallish 0.1g or so basket doses, which have been going into the original CC glass diffuser bowls (with the glass meshes). This seems to work okay, if a little weird (sometimes the basket moves around a little).

Have been considering Dfreez and Ed's TNT options. Not sure what fits well - there are several versions of the Ed's ones.

Does anyone have a microdosing setup for Zeal that they've been happy with? Or any suggestions on wooden bowls that work well with a Zeal?

Good Vibes Boro makes some nice 22 mm diffuser bowls, he can make them with a small bowl fitting a basket screen too... Custom order might take a bit of patience (you don't pay until it's ready though) but he is doing regular weekly drops again, and will have more bowls available in the online store soon enough...

I'm getting one made, to use with larger bowl flat screen on the bottom, for when I finally have my zeal and omega

Yeah see above as well, keep an eye on GVB (Instagram is best for the latest, but I think he has a mailing list too) :tup:

Will there eventually be more zirconia zeals?

Nope, pretty sure it is now discontinued, it is a little trickier with the zirconia manufacturing, and I don't think it offers that much compared to the steel ultimately? Maybe they will be back eventually someday though not anytime soon

Been late to the game and the Omega looks great. read through the entire thread and regret some of my recent BF purchases as the Omega is what I want.

2 questions:

Yeah by the same token, I don't think the omega will ever be in zirconia either, not a practical application unfortunately, and it is fine being steel

coolbreeze

It's Armor Eve, Santa's on his way, bet that brass will look pretty darn civilized. Hard to imagine this working any better!
IMG-6325.jpg

coolbreeze

Do you have details on that stand 😍
I got it from this great little set of tutorial videos. The list is in the comments of the wireless tutorial:
@higherentucation
@higherentucation
2 months ago
Everything that I got is from Amazon - here is a list of the individual items:
base screw: https://a.co/d/3YW86iL
clamp: https://a.co/d/heTXAbS
screw set: https://a.co/d/ah57RXH
base: https://a.co/d/36W7dHf
main pole: https://a.co/d/5IbWfRL

The base screw goes into the base, main pole next, and then you can use various pieces of the screw set in conjunction with the clamp to get it to the height you need!
I didn't have the tools to drill the base so I bought one instead from O'Connell Woodworks.

I've seen them built with Ch bases as well; one used this main pole and fasteners but it positioned the heater into a heat guard. Anything that will fit the camera stand gear should work.

Peacefrog78

Its printed out of PLA, Seems to work great so long as the coil is far enough away from the housing, I haven't had any softening of the PLA in multiple months of it being on all day. If ya want the files for one of the sleeves let me know I'd be happy to share. My design uses m2 heat inserts and bolts together to keep everything snug. I've also more or less finalized the V2 case as well.

This is my personal setup and it uses 2 of the other sleeves with a different top and front/back plates.

This one is same sleeve but for a single pid/coil

Most recent one I made for the B2C Dual PID
Id love to make the single pid/coil version. I just got my omega in and printed a handle, but my coil setup is junk right now

Peacefrog78,

coolbreeze

All stand ideas are welcomed.....trying to find something as nice as above...
I hope that the woodworkers and plastic-printers will be on this. Seems like it could be a fun challenge to make something unique, simple and inexpensive. There's gotta be a million approaches.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Ripstar

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
All stand ideas are welcomed.....trying to find something as nice as above...

I hope that the woodworkers and plastic-printers will be on this. Seems like it could be a fun challenge to make something unique, simple and inexpensive. There's gotta be a million approaches.
Yeah I can think of 5 great ones of the top of my head from the CC Discord. Here is a small thread of those: https://discord.com/channels/1136395100704997427/1136395746711711904/1179837663977668660

Two great turn-key options are from @jkeyes98 and @RedeyeDezign

Edited to add: I would also love if this FC thread were the place people came to show off and share their coil stand builds. Seems better than the empheral world of discord, but time makes fools of us all.:)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Thanks, @Grass Yes, for the trove! I've collected some basics but whatever details would be in the discord, I think:

Jess11/30/2023 12:37 PM​

IMG_1470.jpg

jkeyes9811/30/2023 12:37 PM​

PXL_20231126_125057187.jpg
PXL_20231023_173634437.jpg

HIPPIE CRUSHER11/30/2023 1:01 PM​

20231130_120056.jpg

E. Smalls11/30/2023 1:01 PM​

DSC05214.jpg

1. HIPPIE CRUSHER11/30/2023 1:09 PM​

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8TU0FH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XT1MJC3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQXJ66A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Cable Clamp, Lokman 12 Pack 1/4 Inch Stainless Steel Cable Clamp, P...
    Cable Clamp, Lokman 12 Pack 1/4 Inch Stainless Steel Cable Clamp, Pipe Clamp, Metal Clamp, Rubber Cushioned (1/4 Inch)

NICEYRIG 2.5 Inch 15mm Rod with 1/4’’-20 Threaded Holes for 15mm Ra...
    NICEYRIG 2.5 Inch 15mm Rod with 1/4’’-20 Threaded Holes for 15mm Railblock Support, Clamp Mount - 027

(5 Packs) Standard 1/4"-20 Male to 1/4"-20 Threaded Screw Adapter T...
    Standard 1/4-20 Male to 1/4-20 Male Threaded Tripod Screw Adapter Precision made 1/4 Male to 1/4 Male Threaded Screw Adapter Standard tripod mounting thread Suitable for the connection of a variety of 1/4-20 screw holes for your dslr configurations Solid and durable Dimension 16 mm x 20 mmdiamete...

2. [1:10 PM]
    https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-C-Clamp...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A3W3STWCK1O3NR
    VIVO Aluminum C-Clamp with 1/4 inch-20 and 3/8 inch-16 Female Socke...
    Conveniently mount your camera or video equipment to a desk or tabletop with the Universal C-Clamp - 2 Pack (MOUNT-CP02) from VIVO! These heavy-duty clamps feature 1/4"-20 thread holes and one 3/8"-16 thread hole for various mounting options. The clamps attach to desks up to 1.8" in thickness and...

HIPPIE CRUSHER11/30/2023 1:47 PM​

Screenshot_20231130_102949_Telegram.jpg

Snirgol11/30/2023 2:19 PM​

20231126_224921.jpg

Chris11/30/2023 2:21 PM​

edit: here's the list of items used https://pastebin.com/0Ku4KFd3 (edited)

DSC04659-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
DSC04658-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
DSC04660-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

DSC04662-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
DSC04663-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

DSC04664-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

DSC04666-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
DSC04658-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

coolbreeze

Here's a handful from this thread:
I think I’ve landed on my final Omega setup…
IMG-3199.jpg
Just wanted to show off my Omega wireless setup. Made this heater box out of ironwood. Thank you iDB/CC for all that you do for this community. This vape is absolutely amazing and such a fun D.I.Y. project.
(with a Dfreez Handle made out of Banksia wood)

I got this banger from dhgate to see if it would work wirelessly with the omega kit. Looks like it would work better with an axial coil, but it does fit. The auto spinner functions well.

I want to upgrade that but right now it looks like this:
PXL-20230813-062112569-2.jpg
Rendition #2. The handle doubles as a stand that can be set down on 3/4 sides as well as provide some cable management.

I am thinking for the next addition I have a second beam to mount to the handle to turn it from a coiled into a wireless setup. Just need to source some feet for stability.

coolbreeze

I think I’ve landed on my final Omega setup…
IMG-3199.jpg
Just wanted to show off my Omega wireless setup. Made this heater box out of ironwood. Thank you iDB/CC for all that you do for this community. This vape is absolutely amazing and such a fun D.I.Y. project.
(with a Dfreez Handle made out of Banksia wood)

I got this banger from dhgate to see if it would work wirelessly with the omega kit. Looks like it would work better with an axial coil, but it does fit. The auto spinner functions well.

I want to upgrade that but right now it looks like this:
PXL-20230813-062112569-2.jpg
Rendition #2. The handle doubles as a stand that can be set down on 3/4 sides as well as provide some cable management.

I am thinking for the next addition I have a second beam to mount to the handle to turn it from a coiled into a wireless setup. Just need to source some feet for stability.

coolbreeze

Apologies if this post looks a bit of a mess its been years since I have uploaded photos to a forum snd my phone was not cooperating.

First Picture is the whole happy family. I love each and every one of them :love:. I have also noted that the injector adapters for the Omega perfectly fit the top of my Zeal. I know this was not iDb's intention to have a dual head vape but I look forward to testing this out for "science". Also saving me from buying another head.

Second picture is my super ratchet temporary stand. My current coil has been beat to shit so I was not looking for something permanent. I just slapped together a piece of pine, steel strapping and a super heavy ancient clamp I got from my grandfather's house when he passed. T As barebones as this setup looks it is super stable this clamp is extremely heavy and takes up much less space than the bench vice I used for burn off:rofl:. Im looking forward to seeing what others come up with as they receive their units.

@DFreeZ_Designs I am looking forward to seeing your thoughts and what potential design revamps may be made. I will certainly be ready wallet open when they come out.

@Bababouy line clamp, camera adapters, CH bits
Here's my Omega parked on a CH Shovelhead bowl:

image.png

And parked in the Banger Hangar:

20230804_133704.jpg

The handle is actually just a chopped 20mm coil with some silicone tape and one of ed's handles slid over the end - works well!

Top Bottom