Your favorite vape-bong setup?

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I am hoping to take advantage of some boxing day sales. I wish I had more time to do some research but holidays and family and vape shopping don't jive.

I have a supreme vape, glass vape, and an iolite already, and a vxc, and possibly a vapobowl on their way to me. So excluding these Vapes what is FC's fav vape bong setup and why?

I am very tempted to go with the da Buddha, but I am also leaning toward the herbalaire. I like the price of dbv, but the ha has a few advantages that may justify the increased $ as long as it can deliver satisfying bong-whip hits. I haven't been able to find enough info about vapebonging with the Ha.

Anyways, I need more info about FC's fav vapebong setup and the reasons why it's the fav.
Thanks in advance.

notmyrealUSERname,

Nycdeisel

I like my DBV with 7 1/2" tall mini beaker, I used to have a nice GonG adapter, but it broke(already ordered a new one), however, the tubing fits well into a 14mm female fitting.

I like the size of the hits I get, which can vary from large thin hits to small hot hits, its easy to vary with breathing using the bong IME. I like how it isnt difficult to get nice hits with as well, it adds some drag, but just enough for my liking. :)

the only thing I dont like is the tubing adds a taste, but most vapes that do not have an all glass airpath have some kindof added taste anyway.

Nycdeisel,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Nycd: have u tried to vape bong with your Mz? Or is it not worth it since u have the dbv?
I realize that they were designed with different goals in mind.

Since your tubing adds to the taste, have u tried shortening the whip?

notmyrealUSERname,

Nycdeisel

I dont have an MZ, I have a PD. I have tried using the 3" stems and the mini about 1 1/2" stems, which are also known as Whip Rippers. I get decent sized, tasty hits using the PD attached with either length stem and vapor bong, however, if your looking for the 'bong hit like vapor' you will need the DBV. They are both very different. I have decided that the DBV really is the best -between the two- for vapor bonging.

I still like the whip to be maneuverable so I can use it with maybe a few other people at a time at most, but I have mine at around 3'. The tubing is still there, I one time tried it with about only 6" of tubing, it didnt work well and I didnt notice a lack of tubing taste.

I use the tubing that comes from 7th Floor, same stuff that comes with the DBV and SSV.

Nycdeisel,

lwien

PD thru a HVY mini-beaker w/hot water. No whips. Straight from the stem.

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i only have an HA, but it works great with one of the standard size glass downstem pieces at a local headshop.

bring the teflon mouthpiece in and try and match it with a downstem that gives the setup a good fit.

btw, i just invert the HA and stick it straight on the downstem if it wasn't obvious.

edit: a cool thing about this is you can really milk a hit if you obstruct the airpath slightly (i.e. feather the hole with your finger :brow:)

OO,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Nycd: can u explain why a 6" whip doesn't work that well. I had planned on making a short whip. I thought it would be easier to reclaim, and minimize the added taste factor.

Oo: your tip about feathering the hole is golden! Does the "Teflon straw" fit into a 14mm downstem? Most of my glass is stemless so I can't really go downstem shopping.

Well so far The best deal I can find is:

Dbv: $135 + taxes
Ssv: $180 + taxes/ shipping
Pd: $180 + taxes/shipping - fc discount and a 3 - 5 week wait
HA: $250 + taxes
Vhw: $270 + taxes/shipping

I Wonder if boxing day will bring any better deals? The dbv is the bang for buck leader so far.

So now the question becomes is it worth it to get a dbv until the vxc arrives (eta march), then sell the dbv.
Or spend an extra $200 (if I were to sell the dbv for $90) and get the ha, and keep it forever? Do the extra features and efficiency of the HA (and the fact it's Canadian!) justify the boatload of extra cash?

Or do something completely different? Suggestions please.

notmyrealUSERname,

SmokingElectricity

I have the exact same setup as Nyc and it works very well. The travel tube allows me more control over the hit i desire, not just one huge rip. Three feet is the perfect length of tubing to make it... hmmm. maneuverable. Any more and you just have a mess of tubing on yer hands. Less is just a pain in the ass to deal with, unless you like knocking your vape or bong over. Not much of a reason to try to reclaim resin from the tubing, because there is not much there to make it worthy. I just replace the tubing about every 3 months. I also have a MZ do not recommend it for vaporbongs. [only cause im lazy and do not like to change the load every single hit.]

SmokingElectricity,

Nycdeisel

Man, Smoking Electricity said it perfectly about the tubing and vapor bong. Spot on!
Dont bother reclaiming anything from that gross tubing since it gets replaced anyway, maybe the glass wand if you even want to save that stuff(everyone has their opinion on reclaiming wand hash)...

It seems like your making this more complicated then you need to, notmyrealusername. Because you have all types of units to consider, not a few of the same type, which is what most people come down to when looking for just one vape to get at one time.

Im sure that the VXH will be awesome, however the wait and price may be too much for you. Its def gonna be the leader of the vapor bong setups once it is released to the public.

Goodluck with your decision! I know you will be happy with whichever you choose.

Nycdeisel,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have both the MZ and an SSV (And Ive had a Supreme in the mix as well)

IMO the winner by far is my SSV.

The SV will give you thick milky hits but roast your load much quicker.
The MZ will give you milky hits, but some prefer the lung busters. (And its a wee bit more cumbersome)
My SSV gives me thick milky hits, but also seems to take its time in roasting through ALL of the wand. (Granted you have to stir between hits)

AGBeer,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I think I will end up with the dbv, vapocane, and both sizes of the glass vapobowl. These four Vapes will end up costing less than the HA. This is the best bang for the buck scenario I could come up with.

I can't believe ALT isn't having a boxing day sale. :(

I decided that I don't care about bags, and I will just have to learn how to make cannabutter, or abv qwiso, therefore, I won't need to worry about revaping the abv from my other Vapes in the HA.

Merry Xmas to me! :D

Is there anything else I should consider before pulling the trigger?

notmyrealUSERname,

steiner666

Serial vapist
previously my favorite was using bubbler with the SSV. It was better to use than the DBV was because of the angle and smaller hole not letting anything get blown back into heatercvoer, and the fact that it was a standard connection instead of ground glass meant that i could just easily pull the wand away at the end to clear the tubing and bub both without GG possibly seizing up and requiring both hands to loosen.

BUT, the HA is better with waterpipes of whatever sort IMO. Just hook it up and suck it down. Totally hands free, and theres a screen on both sides of the herb so no worries about it getting where it shouldnt. Some of my friends had trouble getting a good hit with my bub and ssv but none have a problem with the HA. Its a totally noob-proofed experience, the vapor flows until its spent, no grinding, no stirring, no worries of combustion. You can just sit back and fuck off and forget what you were doing and not worry about micromanaging the vaping process, it just goes. The only possible downside to it is that the stock tubing sucks for trying to hook shit up with, and is a bit narrow so air path is restricted and this adds drag. Once you remedy this tho, with some large diameter tubing over top of the mouthpiece, its perfect for bonging or whatever you please.

steiner666,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
S666:

Are your Vapes listed in order of "most used" in your sig? Is the HA your daily driver?

Is the fact that the HA noob proof worth almost double the price of the dbv? That's the part I'm having trouble with. Is the experience the HA provides really 2x better than the dbv?

Given thefact that i should be able to learn the quirks of the dbv, (like you did), I feel it may be the best stop gap measure for me until the vxc arrives.

I have stillnot ruled out the HA but I am not ready to commit The extra funds yet.

notmyrealUSERname,

OO

Technical Skeptical
notmyrealUSERname said:
Nycd: can u explain why a 6" whip doesn't work that well. I had planned on making a short whip. I thought it would be easier to reclaim, and minimize the added taste factor.

Oo: your tip about feathering the hole is golden! Does the "Teflon straw" fit into a 14mm downstem? Most of my glass is stemless so I can't really go downstem shopping.

Well so far The best deal I can find is:

Dbv: $135 + taxes
Ssv: $180 + taxes/ shipping
Pd: $180 + taxes/shipping - fc discount and a 3 - 5 week wait
HA: $250 + taxes
Vhw: $270 + taxes/shipping

I Wonder if boxing day will bring any better deals? The dbv is the bang for buck leader so far.

So now the question becomes is it worth it to get a dbv until the vxc arrives (eta march), then sell the dbv.
Or spend an extra $200 (if I were to sell the dbv for $90) and get the ha, and keep it forever? Do the extra features and efficiency of the HA (and the fact it's Canadian!) justify the boatload of extra cash?

Or do something completely different? Suggestions please.

HA can be found on ebay for 170 shipped any day of the week.
i don't use the straw, but just the plain mouthpiece.
1228001101.jpg

OO,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Oo:

Thanks for the pic and the info about pricing.

I looked into a few eBay sellers. I found that the ones for 180 won't ship to Canada, the ones that do will charge for shipping and also warn that there may be extra duties and taxes that the gov. Will charge after the fact. I also I have to pay fees to change my $ into us$. Therefore, I would only expect to save approx. $25 by going this route, instead of buying from the official HA website. If I ever run into warranty issues, I would need to send it back (at my cost) to the seller - which I would never do because I don't want to risk customs catching some residue anywhere on it.

Anywyas, that's my long winded justification for putting the price of the ha at 250. Whereas the dbv I will get from a (somewhat) local headshop. The sale is on until the 31st.

If there are any holes in my logic please point them out.

notmyrealUSERname,

OO

Technical Skeptical
notmyrealUSERname said:
If there are any holes in my logic please point them out.
just one.

the HA is made in Canada.
i would contact them directly and see if they would price match, after all, they're making much more with you going directly through them.

OO,

stinkmeaner

If you are in Canada then you should just find a seller in Canada to avoid the extra shipping. Check our reseller thread to see if there are any sellers in Canada that offer a discount to FuckCombustion members: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463

I like the Herbal Aire and I love the Supreme Vape too, they both are highly versatile and they will still be useful if you plan to get a VapeXhale Cloud when they come out. If you get the Herbal Aire then you should check into the High Output pump which not necessary, but it a nice extra.

stinkmeaner,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Possible new plan:

Get the HA on sale at 210 including shipping! Get a vapocane for 40, forget about the vapobowls. Total 260.

I think the HA for an extra 65 (over the dbv) it will be worth it in the long run.

Does anyone use the pump while vapor binging? If not, then is the only advantage to the HO pump the fact that it fills bags faster or multiples at a time? How many bags does it take to get medicated? Maybe I should ask how many bags it takes to fully vape a certain amount? If it's less than 4, then I see no reason to get the HO pump. I could inflate 4 bags in a 20 min sesh - 4 min heatup, 3 min per bag, 5 min to finish last bag.

Not really sure I would have a sesh quite like, that but I have never tried a bag system before, who knows I might like it. How easy is it to switch from bag to whip - could you fill a bag then put the whip on, in the middle of a bowl?

Time to go read all of the HA thread I guess.

I really appreciate all of the help. Unfortunately, I am the only person I know, who has any knowledge
about vaping. So whenever I try to bounce ideas off of my friends, its not very productive.

notmyrealUSERname,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
ssv + phire saxophone or my 18" no name beaker bong.

just put the tubing right into my 18" and for my sax i need an adaptor.

life is good.

gettin lifted,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Does anyone use the pump while vapor binging? If not, then is the only advantage to the HO pump the fact that it fills bags faster or multiples at a time? How many bags does it take to get medicated? Maybe I should ask how many bags it takes to fully vape a certain amount? If it's less than 4, then I see no reason to get the HO pump. I could inflate 4 bags in a 20 min sesh - 4 min heatup, 3 min per bag, 5 min to finish last bag.
Not really sure I would have a sesh quite like, that but I have never tried a bag system before, who knows I might like it. How easy is it to switch from bag to whip - could you fill a bag then put the whip on, in the middle of a bowl?

I wasn't able to find any user vids about the herbalaire on YouTube. That's wierd eh? So then I read the HA thread and I was able to answer some of the questions I posted earlier. From what I gathered it seems like it is possible to switch between bags and whip mid session.

It doesn't seem like very many people use the pump while in whip mode.

Satisfying whip hits may require modifying the ha by using larger diameter tubing and/or drilling out the mouthpiece to creat a larger inner diameter. Grinding your product and not using the crucible helps produce big clouds. So does feathering the air intake hole while drawing on the whip. The mouthpiece will fit into both a 14mm and 18mm joint depending on how far you push it in.

4 bags seem like it would do the trick for 1 person. The HO pump allows you to fill bags faster but you may require more bags to finish the bowl, as the vapor to air ratio is less - when compared to the standard pump.

Based on this info I think the best bang for my buck will be the ha.

Btw, my favorite vape-bong setup (to date) is Glass vape with custom Whiteflame bubbler for very tasty hits. And SV with my hoss foggy dew for knock you on your ass hits!

notmyrealUSERname,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
the HA + bong really is great? I'll have to try it out.

So far I've been real happy with the DBV + inline bubbler. I think the bubbler is actually more noob proof than using the DBV normally.

At least with my bubbler, I find you just pull at a normal speed and it works great. I use it basically all the time. 'cept now i have to break out the HA again, haven't used it for a couple weeks.

edit: the one thing i do differently with the bubbler is only fill the wand halfway, more seems too obstructed.

rabblerouser,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
the HA + bong really is great? I'll have to try it out.

Please report back with your findings. Tomorrow is when I will be placing my order for the ha or the dbv. A direct comparison would be very helpful! Let us know if you modified your ha (as mentioned in the previous post) or not. Typically, the standard whip is regarded as the weak link, when vapebonging - at least from what I read.

notmyrealUSERname,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
first sesh with the HA + my little beaker is going pretty good.

I was worried it'd be a little thin, but bumping the temp up a little got me thicker hits and still tasting good. might even taste a little better than the DBV + bubbler setup, gotta do more testing :)

i just stuck the big teflon HA piece up against the 14mm downstem and it made a decent seal.

rabblerouser,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
If u had to pick only one vape for vapebong usage (between the dbv and ha) which would you pick?

When you say you turned up the heat a little bit - is that compared to the temp you would normally blow bags at, or compared to the "clock position" on the dbv?

notmyrealUSERname,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
that's a tough call, i've been happy with the buddha for a while, but the HA is working great too. I'm not sure it's going to win me over, but it works pretty good.

For the temp, when i'm doing bags, i'll blow a thin low temp bag first, and move up the heat slow-ish. But just wanted thicker for the bong, so turned up higher, I usually eventually go all the way up for temp. It takes the ABV pretty dark, but i don't think it ever tastes bad.

rabblerouser,
Top Bottom