Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Dustin McKief

I usually use a medium grind with all my vapes, but my V3 Pro is restrictive (like a gentle tamp Arizer stem) even when the bowl is empty. When filled, it strains me to inhale deeply lol
Is it possible that fine material has fallen down the holes and accumulated in the oven below?

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: Finessseee

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Do you still prefer the POTV version adapter to the standard XMAX adapter?
I like the longer dimpled stem as a native use thing, but also use the original glass wpa for use with a jhook and such. I don't like the 3 stage glass wpa from potv.
Back when I posed a similar either/or question here, I think it was @Petetbay who told me to get both adapters
He was right!

Dustin McKief

It's possible but unlikely as it's been like this since I first got it and I've only ever used dosing caps in it. I didn't know it was supposed to be an open draw until I came upon this thread lol
I don't know if it's possible to take these apart to inspect/clean. Assuming you bought it new, I would try to contact the vendor for help.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have the opposite problem where inhaling feels more restricted than a packed Arizer stem.
Don't pack or tamp if you want better airflow, sprinkle fill only for the best airflow.:2c:
a gentle tamp?
As long as you like it that way.
with little tamp in the end
I don't tamp at all, no really incorrect way (unless you jam-pack it) to pack as each person is different and like slightly different experience/results.:tup:

Finessseee

I like the longer dimpled stem as a native use thing, but also use the original glass wpa for use with a jhook and such. I don't like the 3 stage glass wpa from potv.
Back when I posed a similar either/or question here, I think it was @Petetbay who told me to get both adapters
He was right!
I see.. so one 14MM wpa from XMAX and
Am I the only one that doesn’t like the new screen setup on the POTV version? Gunks up just as much as the original ceramic air path version. I wish it was less obstructed like the POTV ONE.
so do you prefer the glass / 14MM WPA mouthpieces from XMAX over the POTV model?

Vape_Or_Die420

I see.. so one 14MM wpa from XMAX and

so do you prefer the glass / 14MM WPA mouthpieces from XMAX over the POTV model?
I haven’t tried it but I think I probably would even though I usually prefer a mesh screen. It appears I might be an outlier since no one else has mentioned it that I’ve seen. The way the POTV version is set up is hard to clean the metal screen insert without semi destroying the screen and for me it needed cleaned at about 7 grams going through it. So, every week.

Gotta love POTV though, I’m sending it back with their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Last edited:

Dustin McKief

As long as you like it that way.

I don't tamp at all, no really incorrect way (unless you jam-pack it) to pack as each person is different and like slightly different experience/results.:tup:
I do a very light tamp with the (misguided?) idea that it prevents some of the loose material from clogging the screen under the mouthpiece.

morfraen

Found a Canadian site with the v3pro on sale for only $60 CDN. Are we allowed to share links here? It's also a cannabis retailer if that matters for the rules.

Dunno about shipping outside Canada but that's a crazy good deal for the non potv version.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I do a very light tamp with the (misguided?) idea that it prevents some of the loose material from clogging the screen under the mouthpiece.
If you haven't already, swap that punched plate screen with a wire mesh version for easier maintenance and better airflow.
Tamping is to fill empty spaces in the load
Not needed if you sprinkle fill as the fluffy herb will work itself out, similar to what you can see here due to the Roffu glass oven, you just cannot see it in the V3Pro,

Petetbay

Not needed if you sprinkle fill as the fluffy herb will work itself out, similar to what you can see here due to the Roffu glass oven, you just cannot see it in the V3Pro,
Well you mention the V3Pro, tamp or no tamp I have gotten the tunnel effect with a blackened hole usually up the middle of the bowl at least 5 times, when honking on it good/long and I never pack a bowl tight. I find this same effect sometimes with the terp torch with long draws. Roffu is a completely different animal. :2c:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
It's possible but unlikely as it's been like this since I first got it and I've only ever used dosing caps in it. I didn't know it was supposed to be an open draw until I came upon this thread lol
If you‘re using capsules you should try removing the screen from the mouthpiece. I tried using capsules together with the screen in the mouthpiece and that felt too restrictive, so I tried removing the screen and that solved it

Syncourt

I don't know if it's possible to take these apart to inspect/clean. Assuming you bought it new, I would try to contact the vendor for help.

I'll be sending it back for a replacement once I'm back in the country!

Don't pack or tamp if you want better airflow, sprinkle fill only for the best airflow.:2c:
If you‘re using capsules you should try removing the screen from the mouthpiece. I tried using capsules together with the screen in the mouthpiece and that felt too restrictive, so I tried removing the screen and that solved it

Thanks for the tip but I've already done that! I said in my previous post it was difficult to draw even with an empty oven; on the plus side, I'll be getting a replacement once I'm back in the country :)

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, thank you to all the members who post here, lot of interesting discussions!

I picked up a potv v3pro and a set of dosing caps ... however when I us the dosing caps with the potv mouthpiece with the dimpled glass the mouth piece does not seat correctly on the body ... it's definitely hitting the dosing cap before it matches up with the body. it does seem to work ok but having a slightly wobbly mouthpiece is irritating

I then tried my original mouthpiece from my first v3Pro (purchased directly from xmas website) and that mouthpiece seats just fine on the body.

has anyone else had this issue with the potv v3pro using dosing caps?

thanks in advance!

My new POTV adapter does not sit flat, it rocks a little, as does the v3pro wpa adapter.
Without caps, I don't use them.

The adapters both have this wiggle whether on my OG or brand new v3pro's. Std mouthpieces fit snug.

There's no issue with air leakage or anything. I remember others mentioning this early on with the wpa. It can wobble enough that you see the poker end thing move away from the body. The magnets are good in both types, imo
About the woobly wpa, yes I noticed the issue but didn't noticed it happens more with than without dosing caps BUT I noticed it's woobly only when cold, after a few hits the Attachments fits perfectly (I think it's related to a small expansion due to heat), Am I the only one to have noticed that?
V3 Pro definitely can punches . Hits smooth, nice clouds , even roasty abv in session mode (6min) after 3-4 hits .
E2-B5935-A-3922-4273-9656-6-BB050613268.jpg
Thank you for sharing your good experience and this nice picture, enjoy Xmas with your Xmax!
Hey everyone, I have the non-POTV V3 Pro and I'm surprised to see people talking about the airflow being too unrestricted. I have the opposite problem where inhaling feels more restricted than a packed Arizer stem.

Was thinking of purchasing the POTV dimpled stem package to see if it'll fix this issue but I attempted to inhale without the ceramic mouthpiece (device is off) and the airflow feels more similar to S&B offerings, but still not free-flowing as others have said. This makes me unsure whether it can be fixed with the accessory purchase.
I usually use a medium grind with all my vapes, but my V3 Pro is restrictive (like a gentle tamp Arizer stem) even when the bowl is empty. When filled, it strains me to inhale deeply lol
Please check if it's not due to a too much packed load, fill the chamber with medium grind flowers, you can tamp it slightly but don't tamp it down too much, with convection you need to keep enough room for the turbulences to happen and hot air to reach every trichomes. When too much packed you'll end with black&green abv rather than an homogen deep brown abv. If this is doesn't improve your draw I think you'll have to contact your retailer support team, if it happens they are not taking care of you, please, contact ouyr own support team here: support@topgreencig.com . Although we are based in China and replacement shipment will take longer to reach your home. Let me know if you still have issues, sorry for the inconvenience.
Am I the only one that doesn’t like the new screen setup on the POTV version? Gunks up just as much as the original ceramic air path version. I wish it was less obstructed like the POTV ONE.
Do you means the filter screen? If yes you can still try to replace it by a simple mesh screen of the right size... Although it's not really obstructed at all, it was just designed to provide a bit of vapor cooling.
You do it well, enjoy!
I'll be sending it back for a replacement once I'm back in the country!

Thanks for the tip but I've already done that! I said in my previous post it was difficult to draw even with an empty oven; on the plus side, I'll be getting a replacement once I'm back in the country :)
Let us to know if the replacement is good for you, you deserve to get a good working V3Pro!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I think I am going to grab one as well, with longer spiked stem for the free shipping why not

PXL-20221220-223937534.jpg

POTV accessory mouthpiece working well, I haven't tried the shorter black cooling stem yet but the blue longer one is great (these are short regular size hula spiked cooling stem for dynavap, FW7 uses the XL size btw) but I think it will also work really well even with a little less cooling... Now I wish I customized those Delta 3D cases so they could accommodate lol Oh well

seedy53

Can you recommend a good fitting wire mesh screen to use as a replacement for the perforated metal one that comes with the standard ceramic mouthpiece? My issue is actually that I am inhaling small amounts of herb particulate because the stock version is too porous. Making me cough.
i think it is 15mm, but could be wrong
take a reg 15mm screen, put it over the weed after you put your bud in the oven
aka. over the top of the weed in v3 bowl.
no need for v3 screen if used this way

Zipford

Can you recommend a good fitting wire mesh screen to use as a replacement for the perforated metal one that comes with the standard ceramic mouthpiece? My issue is actually that I am inhaling small amounts of herb particulate because the stock version is too porous. Making me cough.
Another alternative is using dosing capsules. I use capsules exclusively with the V3 and removed the screen in the mouthpiece entirely, because no herb escapes the capsules. I like the capsules of course because they are convenient, but also easy to mix in some kief, and would give you the benefit of keeping the herb in place. Just another alternative to consider.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
It's surprising you said to get particulates of flowers in the mouth! The screen's holes are small enough imho and, with the ceramic maze in place, I can't see how small bits can travel until your mouth... But you said to cough, maybe that's why you think a few microscopic particulates in the vapor stream are the cause of your cough... In some aspects you are perfectly right, too much of these particulates can induce coughing... although the ceramic maze "labyrinth" tend to catch most of the irritating particulates... even more when covered with a tiny layer of reclaim.
With all my respect, can I ask you how much experience you have with dry herb vaporization? Convection vaping always induced coughing for me but I noticed the V3Pro to be rather smooth and many others devices did a lot of progress to smoothen the vapor lately. You can try to lower the temperature and to load less. Particles may be irritating but a few terpènes are pretty irritating and can induce coughing, try differents strains, I noticed Indicas to produce smoother vapor for me.
i think it is 15mm, but could be wrong
take a reg 15mm screen, put it over the weed after you put your bud in the oven
aka. over the top of the weed in v3 bowl.
no need for v3 screen if used this way
No, the mouthpiece screen is only 9mm wide, and the chamber being a bit less than 11mm wide I can't see how you inserted a 15mm one ;)
Another alternative is using dosing capsules. I use capsules exclusively with the V3 and removed the screen in the mouthpiece entirely, because no herb escapes the capsules. I like the capsules of course because they are convenient, but also easy to mix in some kief, and would give you the benefit of keeping the herb in place. Just another alternative to consider.
Yes, really I didn't liked very much dosing caps prior to get the ones designed for the V3Pro, just remenber to remove the mouthpiece stainless steel screen to open a bit more the airflow and they will work similarly to the direct load tek.
Why are they so effective? cause we designed them to fit perfectly the chamber to avoid hot air bypass the load by traveling through the gap between the chamber and trhe dosing caps, and they are made with thin metal sheets so less metal to heat and more heat for the load!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: Grass Yes

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
For you that been following this thread you know I've had issues with my V3 pro and I probably should not slept on it so long but it's been hibernating in my drawer for about a year. Just to let you guys know top green does stand behind their products they sent me this email today even though my device is out of warranty because of the time period.

This goes a long ways with me I love when a company stands behind their products. I'll do a full comparison between the two devices the OG original model that I had to the latest and greatest and see if it's any better. Never had luck with the OG hopefully it's a fraction as good as my ROFFU?

Hey Nineteen

For you that been following this thread you know I've had issues with my V3 pro and I probably should not slept on it so long but it's been hibernating in my drawer for about a year. Just to let you guys know top green does stand behind their products they sent me this email today even though my device is out of warranty because of the time period.

This goes a long ways with me I love when a company stands behind their products. I'll do a full comparison between the two devices the OG original model that I had to the latest and greatest and see if it's any better. Never had luck with the OG hopefully it's a fraction as good as my ROFFU?
I am glad they are doing that for you. I gave up on it and also put it in a drawer. It combusted and now it runs so darn hot it burns my throat. The rep here is helpful, but Topgreen isn't at least for me. So I bought a TM2. Shame because I liked the V3pro.

Top Bottom