Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Hey Nineteen

PXL-20221208-225601057.jpg

I just got these slim cases from @Delta3DStudios and they are very nice (though larger than expected as I forgot how big the v3pro is lol)

FYI flowermate is made by smiss, while tera is boundless (I think they collaborate together though)

Xmax and Xvape are made by Topgreen, who have consistently been better than those other two brands imo, and they have come a long way too, evident early on in this thread...

This one is actually pure convection on demand for a change, wide open air flow, more than healthy rips vapes and probably S&B too (hybrid sessions themselves)

How tight are you packing, how fine of a grind, how hard (slow or fast) are you drawing, for how long, with any air intake covered? Also consistency of the herbs themselves...? All of these are variables, if this is something that just happened to you once or twice, it is likely purely based upon specific technique at the time, because the pure convection on demand can be a bit relative on the temp settings based on how you use it, being able to combust is a good thing for its overall power, but yeah you have to use it to prevent, a lot of vapes can combust if you use them certain ways a lot of vapes can combust if you use them certain ways, so I wouldn't presume yours is defective or anything necessarily
I pack it pretty loose and rarely to the top. Sometimes I grind it coarse or fine. I have only ever used it through water and have two of the same WPA. I pull really fast and hard, usually for as long as I can. I sometimes cover one of the intakes. I am not sure if it combusted while covered or uncovered. Also the first time it combusted not sure of the temperature. It was so bad I had to clean my Papa Smurf bong.
I could just say to turn it down, but unless you’re doing something strange the device is not working properly and you should try get a replacement. In the meantime try starting at 330*F and work your way up to 370*F and see how that goes. Some people might want one that was able to combust and throttle it back to where provides normal AVB but I don’t think this is working normal. :2c:
I will try that with the temperature change. I think it is broken too.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I pack it pretty loose and rarely to the top. Sometimes I grind it coarse or fine. I have only ever used it through water and have two of the same WPA. I pull really fast and hard, usually for as long as I can. I sometimes cover one of the intakes. I am not sure if it combusted while covered or uncovered. Also the first time it combusted not sure of the temperature. It was so bad I had to clean my Papa Smurf bong.

I will try that with the temperature change. I think it is broken too.
I'll trade you for my defective one that's guaranteed not to combust! 😆

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Cool, so pulling really fast and hard, through a bong for a long time, especially with intakes covered, could lead to too much heat in the center as you described, hotspot tunneling... Yeah you wouldn't think any combustion at 400, but when you cover the air intakes it really changes the equilibrium, as I said with the pure convection on demand the temperature can be relative... I wouldn't presume your unit is defective based on these details, just seems like you need to be a bit more mindful in your use knowing that is a risk? Technique game

Last edited:

dude_de

FYI flowermate is made by smiss, while tera is boundless (I think they collaborate together though)

Xmax and Xvape are made by Topgreen
I am certain that Boundless does not have its own production facilities. I therefore assume that Boundless stuff is made in Smiss factories.

Also, to me, Topgreen is just a brand. And unless convinced otherwise, I am tempted to believe that the X3pro is also made by Smiss. Who else would come up with the fugly coffee cup in the display?

dude_de,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also, to me, Topgreen is just a brand. And unless convinced otherwise, I am tempted to believe that the X3pro is also made by Smiss.

Well, you're free to believe whatever you want, no matter how incorrect it is... It is no one's job to convince you, you are free to do the research, easily done with the threads here, I was trying to help you out providing the actual facts so you wouldn't have to, but I'm certainly not going to put any further effort into convincing you sorry lol

Who else would come up with the fugly coffee cup in the display?

Many other companies have that display, it is prominent across the industry, and there's a lot of similarities across China factories, I don't know why you want to believe there is just one factory making these things for every single brand, but you do you :uhh::lol:

Pukka

I am certain that Boundless does not have its own production facilities. I therefore assume that Boundless stuff is made in Smiss factories.

Also, to me, Topgreen is just a brand. And unless convinced otherwise, I am tempted to believe that the X3pro is also made by Smiss. Who else would come up with the fugly coffee cup in the display?
You do know what assuming things does to you don't you? 🙂🙃🙂

Honest question: Why does it even make a difference?

Hey Nineteen

Cool, so pulling really fast and hard, through a bong for a long time, especially with intakes covered, could lead to too much heat in the center as you described, hotspot tunneling... Yeah you wouldn't think any combustion at 400, but when you cover the air intakes it really changes the equilibrium, as I said with the pure convection on demand the temperature can be relative... I wouldn't presume your unit is defective based on these details, just seems like you need to be a bit more mindful in your use knowing that is a risk? Technique game
Thanks @Shit Snacks

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Cool, so pulling really fast and hard, through a bong for a long time, especially with intakes covered, could lead to too much heat in the center as you described, hotspot tunneling... Yeah you wouldn't think any combustion at 400, but when you cover the air intakes it really changes the equilibrium, as I said with the pure convection on demand the temperature can be relative... I wouldn't presume your unit is defective based on these details, just seems like you need to be a bit more mindful in your use knowing that is a risk? Tec

💯

PutOneInTheAir,

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I've seen companies release Winner products and later use cheaper materials or make module parts, making things to break faster.
They do this usually, after product been out for a year or so.
We are doing exactly the opposite, we are trying to release first the best quality but affordable devices and we are slightly improving devices to match customer's wishes, we listen and consider our customer's feedback and improve devices based on this feedback. We don't cut the cost by reducing material's quality but by making large batches (our MOQ is 10,000 units). Many of our devices lasted +5 years, for sure this is depends the usage rate. As well, when making such large amount of devices, a few defectives ones may pass through our QC tests despite all our efforts but this ones are usually DOA and will be replaced asap by the retailer or us (this is depends the retailer's policy).

On a 1 to 10 scale, 12 too much air flow in my opinion, that’s why most people restrict in some way. :2c:
It's easier to restrict a little a too large airflow rather than expand a too much restricted airflow, isn't it?

Mine has combusted before. I mentioned it in this thread. It was ash not dark avb
@XMAXVAPORIZER Hello, sorry to say that my vaporizer combusted again. I was vaping at 400 then smoke came out of the bong. I opened it and there was a black circle with ash in the middle. I love this vaporizer and wonder what we can do to fix the problem.

Wow, looks like your device is defective, except maybe if you packed your chamber too tight, draw very slowly for very long with a very dry weed... although even like that I never combusted with all my 6 v3pro! I'll contact you by pm in order to get your device replaced.
Received my Halloween Giveaway V3Pro prize yesterday. The green is very green! I'm getting add-ons from POTV today (a long dimpled stem, for one thing) and looking fwd to trying them out -- but wait! -- wife already has it with her, off to work for the day!
Thank You to TopGreen and Xmax for the contest

In the box is a ziplock with a mesh screen and installation tool, with instructions for how to install in bottom of chamber - on top of existing screen. I know some folks have been doing this, but now it's hard to tell if this is an additional option from xmax, or are they telling us we really should do it? I don't think I want it, and my other V3Pro has been fine w/out for a long time now. ????

Very recently got a Roffu and hearing that the heater tech is similar it has really surprised me when I look at the temp settings I like for each. The Roffu cruises very nicely at 170c, while the V3P needs, for me, to be set at about 200-205c to achieve similar results. I'm using glass chamber in the Roffu, but I doubt that is what is making this big difference.
Glad you like your prize! I wasn't informed of this add-on (the mesh screen and instruction sheet). I think we did it cause a few peoples got issues with too much resin/tiny bits build-up in the heater chamber restricting airflow by a noticeable way. If you use your V3pro mainly on the top of a bubbler, inverted, you have probably less chance to get tiny bits falling through the bottom screen (up while inverted ) although it's probably worst for resin build-up cause fumes from the load may happen in-between hits (to avoid that use on-demand mode and continue to draw a few seconds after you released the button in order to colden the load.

About the Roffu/v3pro, yes they are both sharing the same heater, although, like you, I noticed a big difference in term of extraction when set at the same T°. I don't think the engineers maxed out so much the Roffu's heater but the load is closer and the airflow is a littke more restricted, this is means the closer load (from the heat source) brings a lot more conduction than the v3pro does (which is mostly convection) and the slightly restricted airflow, if not increasing the T°, is increasing the vapor to air ratio (this is means more thick clouds). So, in conclusion, we can say the Roffu may fit better the clouds chasers and the V3 may fits better the flavor chasers.
n.b: You said to use the glass chamber... I found the glass chamber increase this feeling you have, I found the metal chamber to provide better taste cause less heat retention probably (it's a lot thinner than the glass chamber).
Received mine yesterday too! Great little device, fantastic value. Wondering if I should snag the POTV glass mouthpiece adapter or the stock glass mouthpiece adapter 🤔
Glad to know you are happy, enjoy your prize!

Topgreen is a 10 years old manufacturer, we make devices for severals brands, can't name all but the Xmax brand is the first and older brand from us, it's for wholesale only (we don't have a Xmax website for direct sales, you can find our products only in retailer's shops), Xvape was created a year after or so and, despite it has its own designs (Fog pro and roffu) it also sell rebranded Xmax devices like the Starry or Vital. There is many"rebrands" brands selling Xmax gear (but under another name). Topgreen and Smiss are concurrent manufacturers and we are not working together. The coffee cup indication on lcd screen is a standard not used only by us but many others manufacturers, we can change it if there is enough people to complain about it, let me know your replacement suggestions too...
Hey all! I've been considering adding a V3 pro to my stable for the on demand feature and the replaceable battery - obviously, heating up all the way for a hit or two over and over again will eat more power. I am however, very concerned by the topic of airflow. From the looks of the display, I'm guessing that it's made by the same company that made the Flowermates and the Tera. Both suck in the airflow department, the Tera has been my biggest disappointment.

I would love airflow like the Crafty or Fury 2, I would hate another "full convection" device with zero airflow.

Where does it sit on the scale?
If you are afraid the airflow to be too much restricted I would say the V3Pro to provide a large airflow,. If you desired a more restricted airflow, despite there is no airflow ring to adjust airflow it's easy to do it using your fingers (the flute tek) or with silicon bands in order to block off a little the air inlets, it appears this is disminish the noise when you draw on the vape too.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
It's probably been mentioned previously, but the rating of battery used in the device affects performance significantly.
I can't remember what the rating of the battery was that came as stock, but I've been using one with a maximum discharge of 10A and (using V3Pro capsules) found that even at 220°C the extraction wasn't complete within a 4 minute session. I swapped the battery for one with a 20A max. discharge and subsequently achieved a more thorough extraction at 215°C. At 220°C avb was actually a little too dark for me.
Well worth trying for those users that find the V3Pro vapour production underwhelming.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
It's probably been mentioned previously, but the rating of battery used in the device affects performance significantly.
I can't remember what the rating of the battery was that came as stock, but I've been using one with a maximum discharge of 10A and (using V3Pro capsules) found that even at 220°C the extraction wasn't complete within a 4 minute session. I swapped the battery for one with a 20A max. discharge and subsequently achieved a more thorough extraction at 215°C. At 220°C avb was actually a little too dark for me.
Well worth trying for those users that find the V3Pro vapour production underwhelming.
You are not the first to mention that but there is others peoples, like me, who didn't found significant differences when switching from a low A battery to a High A battery, maybe your stock battery was slightly defective or you aren't using the same strains or you mastered better your technic... or I'm wrong and you are right. Will discuss with engineer about that, no matter if the battery can handle more power when you are using less, issue happens only when you use a battery with smaller power... It's how I see the topic but I have to investigate since you are not alone to mention that, stay tuned and thank you for sharing!

Pukka

You are not the first to mention that but there is others peoples, like me, who didn't found significant differences when switching from a low A battery to a High A battery, maybe your stock battery was slightly defective or you aren't using the same strains or you mastered better your technic... or I'm wrong and you are right. Will discuss with engineer about that, no matter if the battery can handle more power when you are using less, issue happens only when you use a battery with smaller power... It's how I see the topic but I have to investigate since you are not alone to mention that, stay tuned and thank you for sharing!
Perhaps there's either a difference in charging methods (internal vs external) or use of pass-through charging (not sure if a V3 can). Add to that how one actually treats the cell itself, i.e. when you charge (1 bar, no bar, 2 bar), charging hot or cold cells, cell rest period, etc., and you are getting into legit battery voodoo stuff 🙃

warren0728

I picked up a potv v3pro and a set of dosing caps ... however when I us the dosing caps with the potv mouthpiece with the dimpled glass the mouth piece does not seat correctly on the body ... it's definitely hitting the dosing cap before it matches up with the body. it does seem to work ok but having a slightly wobbly mouthpiece is irritating

I then tried my original mouthpiece from my first v3Pro (purchased directly from xmas website) and that mouthpiece seats just fine on the body.

has anyone else had this issue with the potv v3pro using dosing caps?

thanks in advance!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My new POTV adapter does not sit flat, it rocks a little, as does the v3pro wpa adapter.
Without caps, I don't use them.

The adapters both have this wiggle whether on my OG or brand new v3pro's. Std mouthpieces fit snug.
Wow. Mine fits snuggly. I didn't buy any glass from POTV because I have loads of DV stems and WPAs. So far everything fits great. Definitely worth the $15 I paid for it.

It's also possible I notice the wiggle less than other folks.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wow. Mine fits snuggly. I didn't buy any glass from POTV because I have loads of DV stems and WPAs. So far everything fits great. Definitely worth the $15 I paid for it.

It's also possible I notice the wiggle less than other folks.
There's no issue with air leakage or anything. I remember others mentioning this early on with the wpa. It can wobble enough that you see the poker end thing move away from the body. The magnets are good in both types, imo

Syncourt

Hey everyone, I have the non-POTV V3 Pro and I'm surprised to see people talking about the airflow being too unrestricted. I have the opposite problem where inhaling feels more restricted than a packed Arizer stem.

Was thinking of purchasing the POTV dimpled stem package to see if it'll fix this issue but I attempted to inhale without the ceramic mouthpiece (device is off) and the airflow feels more similar to S&B offerings, but still not free-flowing as others have said. This makes me unsure whether it can be fixed with the accessory purchase.

Dustin McKief

Hey everyone, I have the non-POTV V3 Pro and I'm surprised to see people talking about the airflow being too unrestricted. I have the opposite problem where inhaling feels more restricted than a packed Arizer stem.

Was thinking of purchasing the POTV dimpled stem package to see if it'll fix this issue but I attempted to inhale without the ceramic mouthpiece (device is off) and the airflow feels more similar to S&B offerings, but still not free-flowing as others have said. This makes me unsure whether it can be fixed with the accessory purchase.
What grind consistency are you using? Have you already tried a coarse grind with a gentle tamp?

Top Bottom