Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I am definitely seeing build up on the bottom screen, it's discoloured with a film of resin forming on both devices chamber's. There is residual particulate on and under the screens too, which I try and prevent.
I do think that over time this could be problematic, as it was with the Hopper, which is a similar convection set up.
I use the Fury2 WPA so am filling a glass chamber to use with the V3 most often, which keeps things a lot cleaner.
I find I need to clean the vape after each chamber otherwise, as not everything ejects from it like it might from a hotter device.
I have to clean the glass chamber quite a bit too. Easy to wipe down when hot either way, but if left it gets noticeably clogged.
I haven't bothered with an extra screen as I use a pipecleaner and S&B brush to keep on top of things.
I definitely like the WPA mod as it makes it quicker and easier to refill and allows for way less cleaning, and it is more efficient with herb
Hi, I don't think the discoloured screen doesn't means there is resin build-up onto the screen, imho this is due to the heat, it's something I noticed only with convection based vaporizers (the bottom screen to be discoloured)).
When I think about build-up I see a caked screen full of overcooked resin&particulates which doesn't allow enough air to pass. With the V3Pro (and others convection based vapes), the bottom screen being so close of the heater the hot air act in 2 differents ways to keep that screen clean:
- the hot air vaporize any resin being on that bottom screen
- air stream direction keep away the resin to "fall" on the screen (although I agree some small bits and resin trichomes can fall on and through the screen while carrying the device, a finer mesh screen, like @LesPlenty suggested may fix most/all the issue)

Although we are taking in consideration that airpath&heater cleaning issue for a future model/device. thank you for sharing your concerns, this is help us to make better and better vapes!
But is it a problem? Has anyone noticed restricted draw over time, or device failure attributable to debris below the screen?
Have you been inclined to put a double screen in your other vapes?
Anyone been in there to see buildup?

Sorry if too many ???'s!
I can understand wanting to be able to clean inside a device, etc., but if mine seems dirty or clogged in a year or two I may just spring for a new one; part of the beauty of a low price point, I guess.
For now it doesn't look like this is an issue, one guy in reddit got an airflow issue but it was due to a defective unit and not to any build-up/clogging issue and maybe another said the airflow to seem less open. Thank you :wave:
The only thing that bothers me about it is not being able to deep clean it for international travel, no issue for me other than that. V3Pro would make for a great holiday vape.
Another good reason to get a cleanable heater&airpath, thank you for noticing it!
Finally got a change to do some hardcore cold vape testing on the Xmax V3 Pro. Around Thanksgiving I took it up to Michigan and thanks to the nice people at the "Nirvana Center" I got some nice Gin Cake and Terpwin Station. It was about 20º at night and I took my dog out for a 10 minute walk and the Xmax V3 performed just fine.

This time I went up to Marquette, and took the XMax v3 out skiing 2 days in a row. The first day it was 30-35 degrees outside. Filled up my V3 in the morning and then filled up 4 Fury 2 dosing capsules for recharging at the summit. Had a great time, refilled the V3 3 times. Was doing on-demand about 380º. Capsules worked like a dream. Yeah you have to turn the heat up a little more to get the same vapor production, but when your on the summit, I doubt you'll notice the difference. This time loaded up with Motorbreath (thanks Cannabis Lupus), this was an outstanding sativa dominant hybrid for skiing, apparently fuel and skiiing go together very well.

But then the next day:

temp dropped it was 15º F. The V3 shut down several time when I tried to use it at the summit and my coat pocket wasn't keeping it warm enough. I till managed to use it, but I just had to restart it several times. Still made it through the first bowl and two more capsules, but the cold eventually got to me and I had to retire a little early. The XMax still did it's job, I thoroughly lifted for every run, but it probably shut down a total of four times over the day.

btw: as for cleaning, maybe once a month I've sprayed 99% ISO up into the screen. Then I'll crank of the heat cover one of the air intakes and blow through the other air intake. Seems to working pretty well for me 3 1/2 months into ownership with pretty frequent use.
Thank you for doing such outdoors vaping tests in a such cold weather! did you mean the unit shut down by itself cause the very cold ambient T°? it's a pretty usefull info, have fun in the snow!

floribud

Thank you for doing such outdoors vaping tests in a such cold weather! did you mean the unit shut down by itself cause the very cold ambient T°? it's a pretty usefull info, have fun in the snow!

Yes I had it either on session mode or on on-demand mode and while it was heating up it just shut off, screen went black. Had to triple click to restart. Btw I'm not sure if this was the battery's fault. I think I had a Molicel 26a in there at the time. I should have taken the battery that came with it. I think that battery is only rated for 15a continuous discharge vs 30a for the Molicel. Wondering if lower discharge rate batteries might perform better or worse in the cold? BTW what kind of battery is it that comes with the V3, TopGreen, do you know the specs or model number.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Still serving me well for my occasional outdoor usage. Some very decent extraction on the go. Took her out for a spin today. Still impressed :tup:
Great! Thank you for the kinds words.
Had a V3 for 5 months. Great herb vaporizer, the interchangeable battery is a big plus. Vapes as well as my Fury Edge but the single 18650 lasts much longer than the Edge.
Thank you for the nice feedback, enjoy your V3Pro!
Micro-dosing users always get a yummy toke as they huff on a fresh bowl every hit or so, I could never understand micro-dosing until I worked this out. It can be done with the V3 without bowl spacers etc as just a pinch of material in the bowl will pull up against the mouthpiece filter and get vaped evenly in 1 or 2 puffs...no time for flavour to drop off but I am too lazy to load that many times a day. :tup:
Thank you very much to be so helpfull with others members, you are a nice person!
Hi guys, is it recommended to clean this vaporizer/do some initial burn offs before the first use? Thank you
We are taking a lot of care to release very clean devices although it's always a good idea to do an initial burn off and to sanitize the chamber and the mouthpiece with a q-tip dipped in iso except for the plastic mouthpiece, prefer to use soap&warm water for this plastic (a 70% iso wipes can do the job also)
V3 Pro is definitely the winner. Main thing I wish the V3 has that the GO has, is a removable bottom screen. Worry about buildup beneath that screen.

GO is still a fine device, but the V3 has more pros than cons vs the GO.
Thank you for the positive comparison! We are taking in consideration the wish to be able to clean the heater&airpath in a future model or device.
Mine slowly got more difficult to draw. I flushed it with ISO. Blew on and out. Dried for a day, still works. Don't do this.

The company did reach out to me privately, I did not respond.

David
Sorry to hear your issue, did you contacted support team? I would be glad to communicate our support team email adress, let me know and I'll send it to you... by pm.
Yes I had it either on session mode or on on-demand mode and while it was heating up it just shut off, screen went black. Had to triple click to restart. Btw I'm not sure if this was the battery's fault. I think I had a Molicel 26a in there at the time. I should have taken the battery that came with it. I think that battery is only rated for 15a continuous discharge vs 30a for the Molicel. Wondering if lower discharge rate batteries might perform better or worse in the cold? BTW what kind of battery is it that comes with the V3, TopGreen, do you know the specs or model number.
Hi, from my understanding the chemistry used in the batteries doesn't stand very well with low T°, although, in regards to your smart tests we know the battery is still working well as low as a 20°F ambient T° but it looks like it's the limit!

Important info: I'm the same person who post behind the @PPN account... although it's not allowed by FC rules to have 2 accounts and my company wants I post under the brand's name... I would prefer to keep both accounts but will probably have to stop to post under the @PPN username... Thank you for your understanding.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Important info: I'm the same person who post behind the @PPN account... although it's not allowed by FC rules to have 2 accounts and my company wants I post under the brand's name... I would prefer to keep both accounts but will probably have to stop to post under the @PPN username... Thank you for your understanding.
Sup PPN! All good.. thank you for the transparency - we appreciate it.

Petetbay

Good you straighten that out, I thought they fired you and replaced you with someone else. Now I know who I’m complaining to. :rant::rant::rant::rant:

MoltenTiger

Hi, I don't think the discoloured screen doesn't means there is resin build-up onto the screen, imho this is due to the heat, it's something I noticed only with convection based vaporizers (the bottom screen to be discoloured)).
When I think about build-up I see a caked screen full of overcooked resin&particulates which doesn't allow enough air to pass. With the V3Pro (and others convection based vapes), the bottom screen being so close of the heater the hot air act in 2 differents ways to keep that screen clean:
- the hot air vaporize any resin being on that bottom screen
- air stream direction keep away the resin to "fall" on the screen (although I agree some small bits and resin trichomes can fall on and through the screen while carrying the device, a finer mesh screen, like @LesPlenty suggested may fix most/all the issue)

Although we are taking in consideration that airpath&heater cleaning issue for a future model/device. thank you for sharing your concerns, this is help us to make better and better vapes!
There is definitely material stuck in the chamber, along with heat discolouration, the screen has a micro-build up of resin and plant matter. Really this is unavoidable, I am putting the worlds most resinous flower into it, after grinding it up to a fine grade. A little bit of cleaning is going to be required for this practice, it is a given and not at all bad. Some products require tedious cleaning practices, some require minor. The best devices will allow usage without any required cleaning, meaning they are perfectly functional when dirty, like the Sub, or the BCG: the top of their fields having no maintanance schedule whatsoever - just expect to lose the shininess of a new/clean product. Every now and then it's worth the bit of work to get back to that new/clean state, but the function remains near identical. Normally most cannabis products require frequent attention and labour otherwise they will fail or just cease to function.

The V3 is fairly good in this regard. It will continue to work without any mucking around required for very long periods. Best results will be with just a tiny bit of mucking around - most (basically all) of my cleaning has just been cleaning the mouthpiece assembly, which is an easy task relatively. I've cleaned one of my two chambers just once, a while ago when I swapped to the Fury2 mod (please introduce a glass chamber MP! It's fantastic using the V3 like this! - has anyone else set one up?)...
With ordinary usage the sidewalls of the oven get layered with gunk in no time.

Now what you say about convection vapes is mostly true but not entirely correct.

"- the hot air vaporize any resin being on that bottom screen"
The heat dynamic certainly helps to keep things clean, but are you sure there is enough energy for total material displacement?
The residue I can see clearly indicates there is a reason the device comes with isopropyl wipes, brushes and cotton q-tips. It is unable to rid all foreign material itself, which is perfectly expected and acceptable. It really is a tiny amount just on the bottom screen, but whatever finds it's way under there is unlikely to find its way out, it would take flash point temps and we aren't even getting combustion.

Yes, typically things are set up in a smart fashion, and the user is responsible for the manner in which they handle the device. However the real world is not a closed system, and things can fall in all directions. General movement and especially adapting to water pipes lends to reverse airflow situations being practically unavoidable. There is also the tendencies of aerosol oil and micro-particulates to contend with. With enough exposure and time and real world field use, gunk build up is going to claim device functionality at some rate. I would expect it to be a low rate, unlike the Grasshoppers extremely high rate (not solely from gunk build up, but substantially I would assume). This device has the same heat dynamic, and given the years of experience I have there, I would guess that if I were to take my Xmax device apart after the several months of usage it has seen, I would bring out the isopropyl and get scrubbing. However I don't think that gunk build up will be a huge issue for this device - although, given it seems to have so few other issues, it might be the worst of them.

Very keen to see what the future holds for Xmax products, their drive for improvement makes me happy, and I'm already stoked with the performance of the V3 Pro.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Sup PPN! All good.. thank you for the transparency - we appreciate it.
:tup:
Good you straighten that out, I thought they fired you and replaced you with someone else. Now I know who I’m complaining to. :rant::rant::rant::rant:
I'll listen your complains patiently:goon:
There is definitely material stuck in the chamber, along with heat discolouration, the screen has a micro-build up of resin and plant matter. Really this is unavoidable, I am putting the worlds most resinous flower into it, after grinding it up to a fine grade. A little bit of cleaning is going to be required for this practice, it is a given and not at all bad. Some products require tedious cleaning practices, some require minor. The best devices will allow usage without any required cleaning, meaning they are perfectly functional when dirty, like the Sub, or the BCG: the top of their fields having no maintanance schedule whatsoever - just expect to lose the shininess of a new/clean product. Every now and then it's worth the bit of work to get back to that new/clean state, but the function remains near identical. Normally most cannabis products require frequent attention and labour otherwise they will fail or just cease to function.

The V3 is fairly good in this regard. It will continue to work without any mucking around required for very long periods. Best results will be with just a tiny bit of mucking around - most (basically all) of my cleaning has just been cleaning the mouthpiece assembly, which is an easy task relatively. I've cleaned one of my two chambers just once, a while ago when I swapped to the Fury2 mod (please introduce a glass chamber MP! It's fantastic using the V3 like this! - has anyone else set one up?)...
With ordinary usage the sidewalls of the oven get layered with gunk in no time.

Now what you say about convection vapes is mostly true but not entirely correct.

"- the hot air vaporize any resin being on that bottom screen"
The heat dynamic certainly helps to keep things clean, but are you sure there is enough energy for total material displacement?
The residue I can see clearly indicates there is a reason the device comes with isopropyl wipes, brushes and cotton q-tips. It is unable to rid all foreign material itself, which is perfectly expected and acceptable. It really is a tiny amount just on the bottom screen, but whatever finds it's way under there is unlikely to find its way out, it would take flash point temps and we aren't even getting combustion.

Yes, typically things are set up in a smart fashion, and the user is responsible for the manner in which they handle the device. However the real world is not a closed system, and things can fall in all directions. General movement and especially adapting to water pipes lends to reverse airflow situations being practically unavoidable. There is also the tendencies of aerosol oil and micro-particulates to contend with. With enough exposure and time and real world field use, gunk build up is going to claim device functionality at some rate. I would expect it to be a low rate, unlike the Grasshoppers extremely high rate (not solely from gunk build up, but substantially I would assume). This device has the same heat dynamic, and given the years of experience I have there, I would guess that if I were to take my Xmax device apart after the several months of usage it has seen, I would bring out the isopropyl and get scrubbing. However I don't think that gunk build up will be a huge issue for this device - although, given it seems to have so few other issues, it might be the worst of them.

Very keen to see what the future holds for Xmax products, their drive for improvement makes me happy, and I'm already stoked with the performance of the V3 Pro.
Hi, I appreciate how you are thinking and the smart explanations of your concerns. I agree about some residues from resin/plant matter may appear especially when the vaporizer sits in session mode unusued, if too much wax reaches the bottom screen and from resin/plant matter being stuck on the screen. We will consider your concerns for future model or device, thank you for the detailled reply and for the kinds words about the Xmax V3Pro!
@XMAXVAPORIZER any news on an 18mm glass wpa for the V3 Pro? 🤞
From my understanding that's not something we will release, at least not for the next months... Although I think you can work out on a DIY solution inserting a male to male and 14mm to 18mm ground glass joint in the silicone holder of the metal top lid which comes with a Glass Adapter, Glass Mouthpiece or a Glass Bubbler. All this 3 optionnals accessories use the same base, only the "insert" differs (a glass stem or a glass 14mm adapter or a glass bubbler). Best regards!

Hi @Petetbay the smiley is only for joke, I appreciate you was concerned about what happened for me, but no worries, we are working in confidence at Xmax! I hope to be still here for long...

ps: Sorry I forgotten the back to back post rule, hope it's not an issue, feel free to delete.

mod note: what back-to-back? :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@XMAXVAPORIZER I got my silver gradient V3 Pro in October of last year and the battery door no longer closes properly. I think the cell might have swollen and pushed the metal tab out at the top of the battery door? I can share a picture.

I'd assume this is outside the window for me to email the seller about it. I bought it from VPM.com as soon as the silver option was available.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey guys ! I was helping a friend get hooked with a vape and wanted to do a shout out to vapefully.com
I got him a V3pro for 56 euro with free shipping and 5% of the revenue goes to help Ukraine.

Jealousy

@XMAXVAPORIZER What are the specifications for the charging cable? Some people say that they can get the V3 to charge with different cables and chargers, but mine only charges with the included short cable and 5V/2A-charger. Is there something special about the cable? I've tried several USB C-cables(Both USB A to C and C to C) and chargers and some other cables start the charge for few seconds and then shutdown. I read from previous posts but didn't find a certain USB C- cable type.

checkyourlibido

Hey guys ! I was helping a friend get hooked with a vape and wanted to do a shout out to vapefully.com
I got him a V3pro for 56 euro with free shipping and 5% of the revenue goes to help Ukraine.
I didn't see USA on the list of shipping options. Too bad, what a steal of a price.

cliffhanger1

Seems it was a short travel. ;) Today the price is again normal like every time.
I shot 1.

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
@XMAXVAPORIZER I got my silver gradient V3 Pro in October of last year and the battery door no longer closes properly. I think the cell might have swollen and pushed the metal tab out at the top of the battery door? I can share a picture.

I'd assume this is outside the window for me to email the seller about it. I bought it from VPM.com as soon as the silver option was available.
Hi, I think your vaporizer is still under warranty if you bought it in October, please keep your picture for the support team. I don't think a replacement battery door will fix your issue, isn't it?
@XMAXVAPORIZER What are the specifications for the charging cable? Some people say that they can get the V3 to charge with different cables and chargers, but mine only charges with the included short cable and 5V/2A-charger. Is there something special about the cable? I've tried several USB C-cables(Both USB A to C and C to C) and chargers and some other cables start the charge for few seconds and then shutdown. I read from previous posts but didn't find a certain USB C- cable type.
Hi, like @LesPlenty said most charging cables works except the ones for computers, phones and tablets. Hi @LesPlenty what means "PD"?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
what means "PD"
"PD"= USB Type-C connector is commonly used in Power Delivery. PD requires high voltage and high current (5V, 9V, 15V or 20V, 1A-5A) to charge devices. As PD's voltages and currents are higher than QC, it can support laptops or devices with larger power demand.

"QC"= Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 is designed to be able to charge the average smartphone's battery to 50% in half an hour. Drawing 36 watts of power, it charges twice as fast as the original Quick Charge 1.0 ever could.
So PD is 5v up to 20v smart charger talks to the device for the quickest charge, QC is dumb old 5v up to 3amp and device draws what it can from that.

MoltenTiger

"PD"= USB Type-C connector is commonly used in Power Delivery. PD requires high voltage and high current (5V, 9V, 15V or 20V, 1A-5A) to charge devices. As PD's voltages and currents are higher than QC, it can support laptops or devices with larger power demand.

"QC"= Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 is designed to be able to charge the average smartphone's battery to 50% in half an hour. Drawing 36 watts of power, it charges twice as fast as the original Quick Charge 1.0 ever could.
So PD is 5v up to 20v smart charger talks to the device for the quickest charge, QC is dumb old 5v up to 3amp and device draws what it can from that.
Both require ICs in supply and device. QC is Qualcomm's creation. It's not really dumb tech.

"Devices with QC technology inside are capable of safely pushing and pulling higher voltages than the USB standard technically allows, while still using the same USB cables you've probably owned for years." ie. 5V@3A=/=36W.

The latest chipset is basically the same but pushes up to 92W.
QC 4.0 (USB-PD Compatible)Variable up to 20V4.6A

PD can push USB-C harder than QC even still, it requires specific cables though, with chips inside to verify tested maximum current endurance, it's pretty cool so much power can be sent down such fine strands. I guess QC acts as a 5V supply as standard when no comms from the device affect the charge curve, any ordinary cable will just supply 5V, where as PD might require comms to work at all. I haven't had any issues charging via cable with most of my USB power supplies, but I don't normally do it.

I have found that plugging in a device without a battery isn't made obvious by the OLED, which looks like it is charging normally from a glance.
Was fun to discover that.

It's usually recommended to charge cells outside of these kind of devices for better battery monitoring during the charge. The modern chips developed with all that mobile phone money make it much safer and better to charge in-device, but come at a cost.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Still working mine into the secondary rotation, mostly through glass, just got this grav upline bubbler from DHgate (check the cheap glass thread for links) and it is pretty damn fantastic with the xmax v3pro!
PXL-20220313-235654128.jpg

I heard about a new color coming soon, I don't want to spoil the surprise though...

Oh here is another bowl I did, fired up in session mode, bowl only half full if even of not so fresh maui haze, at 420F to kill it in one long hit through the upline bubbler:
PXL-20220314-005857751.jpg

Another good reason to get a cleanable heater&airpath, thank you for noticing it!
We are taking in consideration the wish to be able to clean the heater&airpath in a future model or device.
Very keen to see what the future holds for Xmax products, their drive for improvement makes me happy, and I'm already stoked with the performance of the V3 Pro
We will consider your concerns for future model or device

^this is very exciting to hear! Having fully cleanable heaters, chambers, and pathways is such an ideal with all the sticky!! The v3pro is wonderful, even more so that it is just the beginning... :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom