Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
@RyanTheCanadian, was that at max temp?
Whoa . Is that session mode ?
What are your settings please ?
That rip was at 215 C (420 F) with a light sprinkle pack. Session mode but I usually allow 30 - 45 seconds after it initially indicates it’s ready, I find it allows a little heat soak. Good for quick extraction, but you can still get nice clouds at 185 C (365 F) just not as dense but more terpy. Both are great :science:

andrew`124c41+

The days of using bread, orange peel, sliced spud etc are behind me...just over a buck for a Boveda pack is good value to get buds to the best humidity (they last for years)...whatever % you prefer, some like 58% but I like the 62% myself.
Nice video @RyanTheCanadian, was that at max temp?
I have been using Bovida Packs recently but I didn't know how well they might "revive" very dry herb.

Zipford

Are you serious? Wont the bread break up and make a mess.
A word of caution on these kinds of home methods of re-hydration: I did this many years ago, but added a lemon rind which is also sometimes recommended to re-hydrate herb. I just left it in there for weeks, only to find it all moldy when I went to use the herb. So I would use something unlikely to mold, like a small piece of damp paper towel, or even better something like you were originally thinking: a Boveda pack designed for this purpose.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Getting hard to draw through. I cleaned with ISO. It's the unit, not the mouthpiece.

David
Hmm strange, I'll contact you by pm in order we try to solve that issue together!
I do recommend running an extra-fine mesh filter in the bottom of the oven from new as it sounds like frosty trichs and/or fine dried plant matter may have worked its way past the OEM filter and caused a blockage. I have a couple of ideas on what I might try but they would void any warranty so maybe @PPN can shed some light on your problem.
It's an improvement we will consider, for now I have no clue about the David's issue reason/cause, only one other people mentionned me the issue but it was with a brand new unit... atm I would avoid anything which potentially void the warranty waiting for our engineer's reply about this specific issue.
It's a pity no one has done a teardown of the V3 Pro yet. The screen in the bottom of the oven looks like it could come out for cleaning, but hard to say whether trying that would damage anything in the process...
Despite the screen spins, it's not user removeable... I'll transmit your wish to see a tear down video of the unit, not fully certain it's something we are supposed to do but... who knows...

MoltenTiger

. I'll transmit your wish to see a tear down video of the unit, not fully certain it's something we are supposed to do but... who knows...
It would be a good idea to show a tear down to show how clean and thought through the design is. Most IP can be hidden in IC chips and vague render/photo angles of certain parts.

I've been hanging out to see under the hood.

If it was easier to disassemble I'd have already taken a look

sirin

Just tried out one of these and the praise on this thread is warranted. A few annoyances I didn't see mentioned:
  1. If I load a modest amount of coarse-ground flower in the oven and then carry the device around all day, by the time I'm ready to use it, the flower is no longer in the oven chamber. Instead it's mostly jammed up around the outermost corners of where the mouthpiece sits, and has to be carefully brushed back down into place. Before I realized I had an empty oven, at first I thought my tolerance had gone way up!
  2. It doesn't charge on my standard USB-C wall chargers, only if I hook it to a laptop.
  3. The flush black-on-black buttons are almost invisible, as well as difficult to find by feel in a dim room.

fogbank

Just tried out one of these and the praise on this thread is warranted. A few annoyances I didn't see mentioned:
  1. If I load a modest amount of coarse-ground flower in the oven and then carry the device around all day, by the time I'm ready to use it, the flower is no longer in the oven chamber. Instead it's mostly jammed up around the outermost corners of where the mouthpiece sits, and has to be carefully brushed back down into place. Before I realized I had an empty oven, at first I thought my tolerance had gone way up!
I don't see how this is possible if the mouthpiece is seated on the device correctly.

The screen on the underside of the mouthpiece extends slightly from the base of the mouthpiece, resulting in the screen being positioned either at or slightly below the edge of the oven. That should effectively "seal" the material in the oven, preventing any of it from coming out of the oven.

For material to come out of the oven and end up "jammed up around the outermost corners of where the mouthpiece sits" it seems like the mouthpiece would have to be seated incorrectly..

sirin

That should effectively "seal" the material in the oven
My guess is that the mouthpiece rattled loose from its magnetic closure while I was toting it around (in a rigid pencil case in a briefcase) just enough. It seemed to be seated fine afterwards, but the material was not where I had left it.

Finessseee

Was there ever a confirmation on the silver model being a newer version with a different draw restriction from the black model? I‘m thinking about finally snagging the V3 Pro and figured I’d check first.

Zipford

Was there ever a confirmation on the silver model being a newer version with a different draw restriction from the black model? I‘m thinking about finally snagging the V3 Pro and figured I’d check first.
I don't think so. I have a silver model and while I find it workable, the draw is quite open. I highly doubt it was ever looser.

Honestly, I don't believe I ever saw it reported that XMAX was doing anything to tighten the draw. People seem to just cover some holes with a band or their fingers. If it wasn't fairly easy to modify the draw, it would be an issue. But I think I've actually grown to like the ability to adjust the draw with my fingers.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Putting a screen in the bottom of the chamber can void the warranty?
For sure adding a screen will not void the warranty, no worries! I was replying to the 2nd part of the @LesPlenty post concerning tweaks (but he not mentionned them).
Black and Silver units are exactly the same.

newola

Hi, can anyone help me please? I recently got the v3 pro and it all seems fine and does what it's meant to do. However, from the 2nd draw onwards its tasting like burnt popcorn and spent. The top of the ground herb is still green but the bottom and half way up the oven is brown.

I have several other vapes, both convection and conduction and I never experience it with them.

I always do multiple burn offs with new vapes, so I'm confident it's not that.

I vape a medium grind at no higher than 175°. I'm getting clouds and it's certainly doing what I want from it, but after the first pull it tastes bad.

My herb is kept in miron glass and only ground for that weeks usage. It's of good quality too.

Am I over filling the oven (most of the way up)?

Many thanks in advance.

Al

andrew`124c41+

Hi, can anyone help me please? I recently got the v3 pro and it all seems fine and does what it's meant to do. However, from the 2nd draw onwards its tasting like burnt popcorn and spent. The top of the ground herb is still green but the bottom and half way up the oven is brown.

I have several other vapes, both convection and conduction and I never experience it with them.

I vape a medium grind at no higher than 175°. I'm getting clouds and it's certainly doing what I want from it, but after the first pull it tastes bad.

My herb is kept in miron glass and only ground for that weeks usage. It's of good quality too.

Many thanks in advance.

Al
Not sure, but my guess is that you may be packing too tightly. I vape at about 275 to 350 F depending upon a number of factors including moisture content.

I do notice that unlike the TM I do have to stir it up sometimes.

newola

Hi, I don't compress it necessarily. But I suspect I over fill the oven. This evening I took baby sips after a normal 4-5 second draw and the flavour stayed for a few more of those sips.

Another learning curve. I'll just have to tinker with filling and sipping until I maintain that flavour.

Many thanks

Al

Finessseee

Many thanks in advance.

Al
I don’t have my V3 Pro yet (arriving this week), but I initially plan on putting a screen on the bottom of the chamber to prevent scoobies from falling into the heating element (based off suggestions). Now that the screen is installed, I can pack a nicely fine grind - 3/4th full (not too tightly). I assume this will yield fantastic results as it has with my other vapes. Medium grind is typically suggested, but fine never requires a stir and gets through the herb efficiently imo. So maybe try packing with a finer grind 3/4 full. Could be a potential solution! YMMV tho. GL!

Last edited:

andrew`124c41+

Hi, I don't compress it necessarily. But I suspect I over fill the oven. This evening I took baby sips after a normal 4-5 second draw and the flavour stayed for a few more of those sips.

Another learning curve. I'll just have to tinker with filling and sipping until I maintain that flavour.

Many thanks

Al
I find that with both devices After a few tokes I lose flavor..
But, back in the 60s weed had no flavor lol so I don't care. I stop when it begins irritating my throat. Yes, just try putting less in.

Top Bottom