Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
85 dollars? That sounds too good to be true. Is that site legit? If so how long it took you to get it

Are you saying it’s a hybrid like the POTV One and Fury edge?
It's $98 shipped and like people are saying in your thread: it's on demand convection so not like the One or Edge. Our dude @LesPlenty just let it sit for a full six minutes in session mode to see if it'd start to cook the bowl just sitting there but that's not how anyone would really use it

Crooksy_NoSmoke

I tried jamming it in the dabcap, it sorta works but not well, it just wants to squirt off. If you hold it tight enough it might get the job done, but I wouldn’t want to put that much pressure on any glass piece.
Ahhh Ok. Thanks for the insight. May have to go with baby bottle nipple (with flange cut off) route until the WPA is made available. I use this method with e-cig vapes (RPM40 and Nord 4) that I use for distillate through rigs.

Hominine

Got mine in the mail and holy cow this thing is a beast. Already ordered dosing capsules and an extra battery, I see this becoming my (nearly) full time concern (currently oscillating between a dynavap and sticky brick jr.)

Before running this vape through its paces I was mostly concerned with the highest temperatures falling short. Covering the holes on the side as I head towards the high end gives me complete extraction on every strain I've thrown at it while somehow not scorching. I am very impressed with this device.
This isn't to say that it can't be improved on but it is hard to imagine in what directions that would be without notable advances in the underlying tech or over-complicating it somewhat. Perhaps tinkering and flashing the firmware for those more adventurous souls. Liking the look of the new accessories and am ready to order when a stateside vendor rears up.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I just want to say to xmax and @PPN if they're listening.

Please don't take these responses "there isn't enough restriction" as a general consensus, I would hate any more restriction than stock.

I understand why people like to add restriction, but my response to that is just learn inhalation techniques. I know it takes some practice, but if you can control your inhalation speed more accurately you would be able to make any vape work without modification, then it's just a matter of preference. My preference is wide open, and this device ID about as restricted as I would like.

If xmax feel that a modification should be made, beef up the heater so it doesn't need such slow inhalation speed to get the level of extraction that these guys want.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I can't imagine they will work well, we never use button tops with anything here that we use flat tops with...

True, and most BUTTON TOP batteries are listed as “PROTECTED”, which means they have a small chip at the top sealed in the wrapper, making them longer and NOT suitable for most devices that are designed for FLAT TOP batteries. These chips are programmed to cut power at a preset voltage, example: 3.0/3.3 volts. Most devices, especially ones designed for FLAT TOP BATTERIES, already have a low voltage cutoff built in. Good luck.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I found some 3900 18650 cells.
I would not put such dodgy batteries near my face...Google says,

As mentioned previously, the highest capacity that a 18650 battery can achieve is 3600 milliamps. These capacity levels are not very common as modern battery technology is just recently allowing such high levels. The previous maximum was around 3500.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hey, do you guys have to stir your bowl?
I rarely stir but i can see some need to stir when I use lower temp or when I add concentrates to the bowl.
On what account? the @xmaxvaporizer account doesn't exist anymore for some reason.
Oh yes I saw that issue, I'll report later but still hope it's just a small issue and it will be fixed fast enough!
Edit: @PPN xmax Instagram acount is now private 🥲
Thank you for noticing, look at the reply above ;)

@PPN thanks for all the quick responses. Will you offer an 18mm wpa? All my glass is 18mm and I find a reducer to be an inconvenience, particularly with j-hooks
I understand your concern, I will transmit your wish to the team.
Your question finally got me to try the concentrate pod/fritted quartz, big blob of rosin,

View attachment 13873

4x6 min sessions back to back on max temp and all I got was some whispy puffs now and again and hot lips!
The result,
View attachment 13874
So as far as concentrates go I recommend just about anything else...that is not convection-heavy. :2c:
Thank you for sharing, your experience is very similar to mine, I suggest to use cotton or hemp fiber in order to soak the concentrate and insert the ball in the chamber (don't load too much in order to avoid some resin drips onto the heating element).
That gradient model looks very classy. Again, super can't wait for glass tops to play around with. The V3 Pro is such a great vape I can't wait to "take it to the next level".

@PPN I think the xmax people are confused. Nobody is going to force you to use the higher levels. That said, I can give two scenarios where more power would be essential:

-Some flower is dry or otherwise "doesn't vape right" because the hot air doesn't have water in the herb to aid in heat soaking the material. I have strains like this that require more roasting to extract from.

-It's not yet full winter and I can tell the V3 Pro is disadvantaged sucking in cold air. Would be nice to crank the temp up outdoors on a cold day.

I think also CBD strains like a higher temp. I'm willing to back off the temperature a bit to get things right, because like I said I'm always running at 220C and don't feel like I'm anywhere close to scorching no matter what I do.

Don't take this as me ripping on the device, just trying to explain. As said before, it's my hands down favorite device right now, and I've come to rely on it.
Hi, I'm taking your advices and concerns with all the respect you deserve to get. I agree cold winter air might be a disadvantage although I think it may be mitiged using your hand to cover air inlets to add some restriction. This is will help the heater to get the air heated up as well as indoor. Although I'll transmit your wish to the team!
I received myself the last Silver gradient unit and, not sure though, I'm thinking the device to be slightly more powerfull, I had a side by side comparative session using both devices, early black with glass mouthpiece and Silver one with the stock mouthpiece, both loaded on the same manner using a strong Diesel Tangie/Mimozz blend. Vapor production looks to happen faster and denser with the new Silver unit but I still not that impression confirmed by the team. As well the OD mode seems to work better, first it's more intuitive to use with the vibrating feature and, second, it looks like the "stronger" heater helps to make that OD experience more enjoyable.

@PPN , I'm not sure if you're aware, but your Instagram account appears to have been deleted.
Yes I advised our media director of the issue, I'm not the one who is managing our Instagram account.
@PPN: This☝️

Would purchase with higher temps.
Thank you, I'll transmit to the team :wave:
The Ace ceramic filter fits like it was made for the V3. It adds a bit of restriction compared to my mesh weave hack and probably a little more than standard so might be good for peeps wanting that...I don't so I will probably swap back...eventually,
View attachment 13883
Nice trick you did here!
Nice! I would be very interested to try it, I wonder if that part is sold separately...?
Sadly I think not except if you buy a whole Ace top lid.
thanks for the discount code, i just grabbed one in silver from VPM and they have one left just in case anyone is on the fence. nice for 98 bucks and i like the replaceable 18650 for sure. heard good things so far cant wait to try it.
Let us to know how much you like it, I like mine better than the black one, more classy imho
Got mine in the mail and holy cow this thing is a beast. Already ordered dosing capsules and an extra battery, I see this becoming my (nearly) full time concern (currently oscillating between a dynavap and sticky brick jr.)

Before running this vape through its paces I was mostly concerned with the highest temperatures falling short. Covering the holes on the side as I head towards the high end gives me complete extraction on every strain I've thrown at it while somehow not scorching. I am very impressed with this device.
This isn't to say that it can't be improved on but it is hard to imagine in what directions that would be without notable advances in the underlying tech or over-complicating it somewhat. Perhaps tinkering and flashing the firmware for those more adventurous souls. Liking the look of the new accessories and am ready to order when a stateside vendor rears up.
Thank you for the kinds words, I'm glad you like it. I'm taking your concern and will transmit to the team.:wave:
I just want to say to xmax and @PPN if they're listening.

Please don't take these responses "there isn't enough restriction" as a general consensus, I would hate any more restriction than stock.

I understand why people like to add restriction, but my response to that is just learn inhalation techniques. I know it takes some practice, but if you can control your inhalation speed more accurately you would be able to make any vape work without modification, then it's just a matter of preference. My preference is wide open, and this device ID about as restricted as I would like.

If xmax feel that a modification should be made, beef up the heater so it doesn't need such slow inhalation speed to get the level of extraction that these guys want.
Yes we never want to go back adding restriction, although we are thinking to a airflow adjustment ring for the one desiring more restriction.
Mine arrived! Charging battery and will give it a spin!
Let us to know ho much you like it... or not :rofl:, have a fun testing!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
3900mAh looks fake, in fact I'm convinced it's bullshit. Instead of just linking mooch's charts , or Battery Bro, or any of the usual suspects, I'll be more creative this time: the other day I stumbled on a nice video on some gear testing youtube channel I enjoy. And well, no surprise at all for those in the know, but again a clear confirmation that you should only buy cells from the 4 major OEMs and nothing else...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Very good advices, thank you @KeroZen for sharing your knowledge about cells&battery packs, I trust you!

I tried myself a Samsung 26-J from a Starry and it worked although the V3Pro stock is a EVE, that cell is pretty new and seems better in some aspects than the 26-J which is a lower discharge rate I believe (this is means the cell becomes very hot if not used for the right task). I still not tried a Sony VTC6 but I'm not thinking to get more than a 4mn session out of it, @KeroZen do you think the VTC6 is a good option for the ones who want more mah/autonomy than the stock battery provides?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
3900mAh looks fake, in fact I'm convinced it's bullshit. Instead of just linking mooch's charts , or Battery Bro, or any of the usual suspects, I'll be more creative this time: the other day I stumbled on a nice video on some gear testing youtube channel I enjoy. And well, no surprise at all for those in the know, but again a clear confirmation that you should only buy cells from the 4 major OEMs and nothing else...

Thanks, good video. Once again proving buying REWRAPS, can be a DANGEROUS crap shoot. Not sure why ULTRAFIRE is still allowed on the market. MOLICEL brand, supposedly sells only to verified dealers, so consider those along with the major brands, and as Ken says, only buy from the well know battery sites that attempt to stay away from fakes and rewraps. Saving a few dollars on lithium batteries is a dangerous fools game.

ALSO in regards to BUTTON TOP BATTERIES...
The Anatomy of a Protected LiIon Battery:

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@KeroZen do you think the VTC6 is a good option for the ones who want more mah/autonomy than the stock battery provides?

I don't know, did you manage to get the heater peak power output figure from your engineering team? If we know the max Watts we can determine if a cell is up to the task or not.

But VTC6, 30Q and HG2 are more or less the same class and work pretty well in most other portable convection vapes, so you're not taking too many risks, unless the V3-Pro is much more powerful than I imagine?

MOLICEL brand, supposedly sells only to verified dealers, so consider those along with the major brands

Oh right, I keep forgetting them! Thanks. So make that "only buy cells from the 5 major OEMs and nothing else..."

Vapasmic

Guys do not use the stir stick on the mouth piece to stir your bowl. Mine melted right into a bowl (after I'd already turned it off!) and now my vape is ruined.

In the manual it's labelled as a "scrape tool", but couldn't find anywhere in the manual where it mentions not using it to stir your bowl, unless I missed it?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mine just arrived! I have never had an on demand device - what temp do you generally start a bowl at?

Depends what you're looking for and what you like, I like to milk low temp flavors and effects, I've started as low as 328 before, 339, 345 is a nice solid start, 350 good too, 360 great place to let it ride or 365 perfect mid... 380 is all arounder, and I often stop before 400 for flavors, 389 399 all nice! Just experiment for yourself :tup:

Guys do not use the stir stick on the mouth piece to stir your bowl. Mine melted right into a bowl (after I'd already turned it off!) and now my vape is ruined.

In the manual it's labelled as a "scrape tool", but couldn't find anywhere in the manual where it mentions not using it to stir your bowl, unless I missed it?

Oh damn yeah I did not notice if there were any warnings about that in the manual, but 100% never get plastic near anything warm and metal especially!! I suppose scrape tool implies it is scraping the mouthpiece screen, you could scrape around the oven but yeah it has to be fully cooled off and at that point it's not even going to do anything, you would be best off using a brush instead (PS never use one of those brushes on a hot oven, those can also melt lol) Yeah it doesn't matter if the vape is turned off, it is still very hot after use, so you have to wait for it cool off, I do that every time I am empty my bowl so then I can clean the oven out afterwards even with my finger haha

im not a robot

Yes we never want to go back adding restriction, although we are thinking to a airflow adjustment ring for the one desiring more restriction.
that would be great imo. are there herb vapes around that can do that? i never wondered (why?). i have watched some usage videos of the v3pro, and while this probably is a very silly criticism & has zero to do with performance - i dont much care for the sound it makes.
1635723827118.png
could be just the recordings, and i will still pick one up eventually i am quite sure. but being able to adjust the airflow surely would have more than just an aesthetic impact. also, disregard this post, i had too much wine.

DataRocks

Very intrigued by this vape... Does anyone have information regarding the safety of the device? Isolated air path, materials, etc? That is the las piece missing for me to pull the trigger whenever available.... Thanks!!!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Our Instagram account doesn't work at the moment, we are in contact with the IG team in order to fix that issue. We are very sorry for the Giveaway and we will offer another for the X-Max fans when issues will be fixed.

Wow, it's too bad but yes , the "scrape tool" is designed to be used to unload a cold bowl. I don't know if that issue will be covered by warranty but you can still contact our support team here: support@topgreencig.com I'm very sorry for you, let me know...
Also, I never read the instructions but it has been mentioned here a few times not to use the plastic mouthpiece tool on a hot bowl...maybe that will need to be put in the manual
Yes, I'll check the manual but we'll add a warming if it's not already mentionned to be cautious waiting for the bowl to cold.
Very intrigued by this vape... Does anyone have information regarding the safety of the device? Isolated air path, materials, etc? That is the las piece missing for me to pull the trigger whenever available.... Thanks!!!
Yes the airpath is isolated from the electronics, bowl is stainless steel, vaporpath includes a ceramic maze and a stainless steel screen. Heating element is Kanthal (FeCrAl). The mouthpiece is plastic but the vapor is marginally touching it since the ceramic maze stuck inside. It's the same about silicone, there is some for a good seal but vapor not really comes in contact with. Feel free to ask me if you have more questions. Regards.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@PPN since it is best, easiest to unload a bowl, when it is still warm, much more difficult when it is cold, perhaps there should be another solution for a tool?? I think the idea of having a tool built into the mouth piece is very nice, but having it be plastic kind of renders it useless, to me at least...

Top Bottom