Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

max

Out to lunch
I hit it 5 times, wait for the light to go out and hit it 3 more times to turn it to a heat setting, sometimes it never works when I hit it 3 times, very odd.
From my experience with the Storm (which should be the same as far as button presses), it should work every time as long as you get good contact with your button pressing (which seems easier to do than with the FM, in my experience). 5 clicks to turn it back on, then 3 more to return to temp, is indeed a pain, but for me the visibility of the LED's (compared to the FM) sort of makes up for it.
It also gets extremely hot even on the lowest....lots hotter then any portable I ever used, the vapor is to hot IMO.
That's not my experience at all, and although the Storm has some differences, that definitely should not be one. I've used even the highest temp setting with no excessive heat on the housing.
how do you prevent said time-out? Is there a way to keep it alive?
The heater times out, just like the FM's, just like my EVO (although not in 5 min.). They clearly prefer to irritate people with the short vaping time, vs. letting it run the battery down, should you forget it's still on. At least with the X-Max, vs. the FM, it's easy to see the lights in daylight, and know what your status is.
Alright, gonna test it more, maybe I will get use to it,
If it's getting so hot it's uncomfortable to hold and hit, I'd say you've got a bad unit. Hot housing or hot vapor has been a complete non-issue for me.

max,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
But with the FM5-S when it times out, you just have to hold the button 3 sec. With the the FM5-Pro you need to push once to bring the screen back on then hold for 3 sec. With the HD you have a displayed session timer and if you press the button before the time-out you can trigger another cycle... With the Ascent when it times-out, you just need to push two buttons to turn the heater back on etc...

Here when it times-out, the device just powers off. You have to power it on again (5 clicks) then re-start the heater (3 clicks). You got to admit it's not the most user friendly, especially with such a short timer.

max

Out to lunch
Here when it times-out, the device just powers off. You have to power it on again (5 clicks) then re-start the heater (3 clicks). You got to admit it's not the most user friendly, especially with such a short timer.
To me there's not much difference between restarting the heater vs. restarting the unit. I don't like the extra button pushing but either model has to reheat once it times out, and I have a real problem seeing the LED on the FM V5.0S in daylight. I'll take the extra clicks vs. visibility issue, but I also prefer the easier to keep clean mouthpiece of the FM. I've yet to find an inexpensive pocket vape that satisfies me in all regards, but compared to the choices (and prices) we had just a few years ago, can't really complain.

max,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
OK, our company has left and I'm getting a real chance to try this out.

First, I agree with all the button pushing. Once you have energized it (five pushes) a single push (and perhaps hold) should cycle through the temp settings.

What surprises me, and perhaps I missed it, is that nobody has mentioned the heater lighting system. I own a fairly
extensive collection of vapes and they all flash(at least the ones that are supposed to) while warming up and then stop at temperature. With this its just the opposite. Solid light until temp reached and then it starts flashing. Distracting because my first thought is that it isn't heated up yet. Certainly not very stealthy to have a flashing light in your hand.

Also agree about how HOT it gets. After two 5 minute sessions it was very uncomfortable to hold (especially the battery end. A third 5 minute session makes it virtually impossible to hold.

Now I'm checking out temp/abv settings. I like the restricted draw as I am more of a flavor/effect chaser than a cloud waster. @Shit Snacks suggested removing the small screen can increase air flow and that some sort of ceramic replacement is in the works.

So far the two lowest temps have produced good flavor and appropriately colored ABV. I tend to use smaller amounts (solo vaper) and usually add a "topper" like a screen or in this case a bit of cotton.

More testing is being conducted ;) but my initial thought is that because of the disconcerting flashing temp light and more importantly the heat issue this is not likely one of the first vapes I'd reach for to take with me.

:peace:

~

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
@Sinclue that's basically my experience, I focused on it when turning it on, sometimes it doesn't even register the first 5 clicks, sometimes the last 3 to get to the temp controls does not work even if timed well, that and you need to click like a mad man to cycle through temps. It's finicky and I think its not hitting contact each click. It gets hot even at the lowest for me, at higher ones its kinda to hard to hold, it needs some sort of insulation, the Imag+ doesn't get to hot, much heavier maybe its the material keeping the heat in. It's a shame because it vapes alright, just to hot and the button system is to much...

So far even though it broke the Imag+ is the better device(3 clicks to turn on, hold a couple seconds to switch temps, blinks as heating up to a solid color), I do like that this one has replaceable battery. This one always seems to take longer to heat up then the Imag+ by a wide amount, I will post some vids when I get a chance comparing the two since they are still very similar, the insides look pretty much the same...

That said I am still gonna play around with it some more before a full review, this is just a little bit of my experience so far, I like to take my time testing them.

This is a beta though right? I will forward everything to the team once I am sure of all my issues, I do wanna help them succeed with this, pricing is nice and it evenly vapes the herb. The taste is also very good, I doubt anything but the herb/air is getting into the chamber so thats a big plus!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes guys, forward suggestions, they are always working to improve! I get a lot of what you guys are saying, and I'd never say this was my favorite vape of course, but have enjoyed it more than Imag+ and FlowerMate VV personally as a cheap vape once I figured it out for me. Give it time, but keep up the great feedback regardless, always room to improve for this or future versions. Then we all win

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Of course, will do, it's all about personal likes, will forward my thoughts though, after all that's why I am testing it.

I would not say its a bad vape, it has good qualities just needs tweaking.

Sinclue

Have pretty much run through herb testing. Not much of a concentrate user so I haven't gone there yet.

Overall works well. I ran it through all temps and the ABV was pretty uniform. Ran it three times at high in a row and there was no charring of the ABV so combustion seems unlikely.

Now I really dislike rubber mouthpieces and that might make a purchase less likely. But I decided to try something to give it a glass mouthpiece.

First I cut off the "duckbill" end of the mouthpiece to make the hole bigger. Then I discovered that the Haze glass mouthpiece fit snugly through the hole. I was able to push it in enough so that I was able to push the filter onto it and back in the mouthpiece. Hope these cell phone pics help:
IMG_0555_zpskc8q7q7t.jpg

IMG_0553_zpsc95ahl5c.jpg

IMG_0557_zps86yspnvv.jpg

~

Shit Snacks

Nice @Sinclue! Kinda like how the new Storm glass mouthpiece works but smaller.

I also am unable to try with concentrates, no idea about that but presume its really more of an herbal vape

Shit Snacks,

HappyH

Hi! Very excited to be finally participating and hopefully contributing to this thread

I'm a long term reader of this Xmax V2 forum and have spent time in researching this product as it seems to be the biggest standout in vaporizers for 2015.

About the most recent issue about the button operation. I have recieved information that they are developing a simplified button clicking system. Making it similar to the FM 5.0s.

3 clicks to turn on
2 second hold to change temperature
If button held continuously it will change temp at a faster rate

This is the basics of what I've been told that will be available in the foreseeable future.

The Xmax I've been strenuously testing has been the 5 Min version just before the mouth piece metal hole diameter increase. A minor issue that was easily resolved with a correctly positioned screen in the heating chamber.

If anyone else finds information on the new button operation please post to this thread!

Everyone that has contributed to this thread I am greatly appreciative!

Look forward for this subject to develop

Thanks!

Sinclue

I have been fortunate to be corresponding with the company's Marketing Director. She is very pleasant to work with.

I submitted my comments and within a short time she responded with some suggested modifications which sounded good to me basically.

They will be changing the button set up. I believe it will be the standard 5 clicks on/off, but with a hold down to change temps. Mush simpler and more in line with a large number of existing vapes.

She also showed me the new glass mouthpieces which, needless to say have a better look than my mod.

And there will be a silver version which looks nice.

As to the heat issue they are working on a rubberized covering for the handle. I don't think it'll be a sleeve (a la Air)..

And then she tossed in a teaser about the next vape they are working on.

It is a pleasure to work with people who are willing to consider and even incorporate your suggestions. They seem to have the greatest success here on FC

Kudos to @Shit Snacks :rockon:

~

GEED

Gaseouser

Size compared:

The sets:

Ease of operation, stealthiness:
X-MAX V2 Pro requires a 5 click neither too fast or slow combo to turn on/off, also 3 clicks to cycle temps - needs some practice to get it right, also takes annoyingly lot clicking (17 clicks to get to the highest temp) to operate. Clicks sometimes doesn't register (see vid). LED indication can be confusing compared to market standards (flashing = ready, steady light = heat up, goes from top to bottom, red is coolest / white is hottest). White LED is bright as a key torch, can be considered either as an advantage in dark, or ruining stealth. Also temps painted on body (only in F°), indicatig purpose.
IMAG PLUS V2 requires 3 clicks to turn on/off, and a 2 sec hold of the button to cycle temps. Easy use, reliable operation, discreet lights. No paintings at all, pure matte black (or chosen color).

Temperature reliability:
Both vapes had similar test results, they failed to deliver listed temps, although no combustion appeared during test. Both provides distinguishable levels of heat steadily, output is even, ABV equally browned, lower temps extracting slower, higher temps resulting thicker clouds.

Vapor quality:
I can only confirm the praise of vapor quality provided by both device. Quantity/flavor can be varied regarding to temps, similar to most conduction devices I've tried, however no on-demand heat control here, only constant roast, so the miracle happens way faster than at the high end :) X-MAX also has an unusually short vapor path and wider chamber, resulting hotter vapor, may be irritating for some. Rubber MP adds some unwanted flavor, while IMAG's HR plastic is prone to hairline cracks due to rigidity, but an extra MP is included in their set.

Issues:
X-MAX V2 Pro has an alu-alloy body with high heat transfer rates, which in fact results an extreme heat dissipation throughout the entire body. I could not see any added insulation around the heat source (!), only a layer of HR plastic. After turning on, a few minutes is enough to have the entire body heated up to about 40 C° (feels warm to hand), battery will be amortised fast under such conditions. Later on the heat is unbearable, needs a break to use it again. Also, click sequence sometimes simply doesn't register.
IMAG Plus V2 has a twist-on design MP, which in fact does not provide airtight connection to body, resulting some false draw of air from outside, weakening vapor quality. This can be resolved in a few easy steps though (see my earlier posts about this).

An extra screen recommended to be placed between MP and chamber in both vapes, to avoid clogging.
Both vapes are built with polyimide tape inside to hold sensor/heater (+cotton insulation in IMAG) installment together.

Orange/yellow polyimide tapes can be seen inside both vape's airpath!

IMAG has it embedded in a HR silicone/HR plastic profile...

...while X-MAX's PI tape can be seen without any cover through air intake holes...

...though its airpath is properly isolated from PCB, just as in IMAG:

These kind of electrical tapes are NOT designed to be used in heated areas for direct inhalation, whilst polyimide itself is highly resistant for high heat, the adhesives (acrylic or silicone resins) are prone to combust and evaporate as gases. Because of this, I strongly suggest a so-called "burn-off session" repeated many times before first use: turn on device without MP to the highest temp (preferably outdoor), and let the program run.

Outgassing at first time use of X-MAX and IMAG. Notice the difference in intensity, IMAG does have insulation, while X-MAX have none:

Also, a trick working well for me, by blowing backwards some thick vapor (I use tobacco, but that will give a strong flavor to the entire airpath, which you might not want, if using other herbs!), this will deposit a layer of natural resins inside everywhere, preventing further outgassing.
Note:
IMAG PLUS V2 does have a cotton insulation around the heater, also HR silicone profiles to keep it embedded, so PI tape does not heats up much, provides much less noticeable outgassing, cotton also capturing most of it. It is important to understand, that this issue does not last forever, after succesful burn-off sessions this problem will be eliminated. Fumes can be irritating, but as my own example shows, they are unpleasant but mostly harmless in these quantities. Before I learned about them, I probably breathe through a good few cubic meters of it - still alive and kicking, and more worried about acrylic dust coming from my T-shirts.
Still, I strongly recommend to both companies to leave out PI tape, and use for example a natural copper wire to keep everything together inside. Fuck combustion, only metals/glasses/ceramics/HR plastics should be heated in contact with air to breathe, no any adhesives, or soft plastics/rubbers.

Conclusion:
I don't fully understand these manufacturers' methods of making vaporizers. Names seems fake, like "Destiny", "Misty", or some classy english forenames, essentially anonym strangers from unknown companies to deal with. I tend to have an imaginary picture of a big factory producing anything from slippers to rockets, and some "creative offices" with investors and ideas patented, whos doing everything else from design to market a product. It could explain why most of these vaporizers are built with much the same ingredients, with only minor technical and cosmetical differences. As you have X-MAX available now for the price given, plus its advantages, it may seem an obvious choice above "the original", the IMAG. However, the game isn't over at the point, when your goods are delivered. The guys at "Relaxotech" have never failed in communication, or to resolve any issue, not only for me, but reading the entire FC thread, for noone. They speak good english, they travel the world with their products, they listen and act. "Topgreen" in fact still not replied to my very first emails requiring info only, they only answered to me when I wanted to order and pay. Items delivered are different, what I have been promised (I was told to get devices without temps painted on side), warranty terms are unclear, representative said 6 months, but manual states a year, without details (to send back to China or not). Relaxotech have exchanged already devices for me without any hassle, or costs.
Is this worth a double price for a slightly less sophisticated, but well built vape, than a "cheapo" with notable advantages? Maybe not, but I leave that decision for you. For me, Imag is still more tempting overall, but X-MAX is certainly a better deal. With such strong competition, I would actually recommend not to buy either yet (!), and wait, until a faultless blockbuster comes. I have a feeling, that something major must be growing behind the scenes, with all necessary qualities and without faults - for a price set for being the undisputable winner of the Dragon's nest!

Gibarian

Last edited:

Old English

Mine came today from HGHonline on ebay in UK £39.99 shipped. FAST and really nice people in my experience so far.
I know I should burn off but my time was limited and my excitement great so figure it out and load it from the box. Small load to try. My comparison is to a flowermate V5 s.
No burn off, but least stinky yucky vape I have had out the box.
Solid seeming construction. Not too much of a savour the flavour at low temp, because it starts at good level, and is as near a combustion experience, chug wise but doesnt over cook.
Cooks deep n crisp n e even :)
Modded mouthpiece to glass already. OEM ones or purpose made ones soon to be avaiable at least from seller I used.
I am in love and I reckon (you cant please everyone) this will be a market leader at this price point. Add in a couple of spare batteries and charger and mouthpiece and jobs a good un.

Now
Would a silicone cover insulate it so less power used cooking, just top half with vents in?
Someone said chuck a screen between load and mouthpiece, been doing this with flowermates, same issue here, maybe worse. Screen. I used 10mm, sorted it no problem. Problem being that oily particles clog the mouthpiece whilst sucking, compromising the draw. A quick puff instead of a draw can puff it off ok in use but screen does it for me.
Unless an extreme bottom temp, sub micro doser, you will need spare batteries.
Yes heat degrades the batteries after 300 charge cycles. Easy change unlike flowermat v5. It is possible, but only if you know what you are doing with the v5.

So provisionally, this is my best vape in the portable bracket, that I have used.
Do it. Go on, if you can work the system with the draw and screen you are not going to regret it.

And it really does do 3 mediums, herb,wax and oil. No seriously!

Old English

Mine came today from HGHonline on ebay in UK £39.99 shipped. FAST and really nice people in my experience so far.
I know I should burn off but my time was limited and my excitement great so figure it out and load it from the box

Bugger, just watched above gassing vid.
Remember folks. Burn offs are the safe way!
I suppose the makers wont actually say it because it implies it is possibly unsafe. But is worth it for peace of mind.

Old English,
Reactions: tripwire

GEED

Gaseouser
Bugger, just watched above gassing vid.
Remember folks. Burn offs are the safe way!
I suppose the makers wont actually say it because it implies it is possibly unsafe. But is worth it for peace of mind.
It is unsafe, without burn offs. Even with burn offs, there is a fine, white powdery residue remains inside, condensed, crystallized adhesive particles. Depends how your lungs react to vaporized acrylic adhesive resins. Alveolar macrophages are capable to remove most of it, but that depends on your immune system, better not risk. Also, having 3 likes on an honest review here, none on the vid with 40 views is quite telling IMO. Not accusing anyone, but most praise from other reviews on the internet comes from retailers, or free sample people. I am sick of lies about every damn thing which is for sale. I rather express my findings loud, and "force" the manufacturers to provide safe alternatives, than getting into a shady profit and keeping it quiet. These vaporizers do work well, true, but they are built with inadequate materials for direct inhalation. Fuck combustion, fuck adhesives, fuck overpriced devices, make way for affordable, healthy vaporizing for everyone! Chinese doing a great job, but still not there! And never will, if nobody says them the truth, only pushing their sales!

mod note: From the rules page-
  • If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.

Old English

It is unsafe, without burn offs. Even with burn offs, there is a fine, white powdery residue remains inside, condensed, crystallized adhesive particles. Depends how your lungs react to vaporized acrylic adhesive resins. Alveolar macrophages are capable to remove most of it, but that depends on your immune system, better not risk. Also, having 3 likes on an honest review here, none on the vid with 40 views is quite telling IMO. Not accusing anyone, but most praise from other reviews on the internet comes from retailers, or free sample people. I am sick of lies about every damn thing which is for sale. I rather express my findings loud, and "force" the manufacturers to provide safe alternatives, than getting into a shady profit and keeping it quiet. These vaporizers do work well, true, but they are built with inadequate materials for direct inhalation. Fuck combustion, fuck adhesives, fuck overpriced devices, make way for affordable, healthy vaporizing for everyone! Chinese doing a great job, but still not there! And never will, if nobody says them the truth, only pushing their sales!

Totally agree, apart from alveo WHAT! No offence but what is that?
I have worked in electronics for many years inmany aspects, Circuit boards, soldering, wiring, insulation, transformers even military aircraft had bits from my hands :) Not at all being elitist but, have seen many different products being built and the processess involved.
Vapes, particularly budget vapes, have been evolving extremely rapidly, this is still a brave new world for this caper.
Things are improving all the time, but it is a lucky one among us who wishes instead of buying unsatisfying toys and wasting money they could have got a mid to top range one that did the business and some are medical grade.
Imagine a world with medical grade vapes for all.

My health became important after a brush with the reaper because of my nicotine addiction and tobacco.
I was so ill I went through the withdrawal without noticing.
So I can say barring toxins, dont forget folks that tobacco has hundreds of nasty chemicals, to put the vape issue into focus.
So stick with it chaps and capeses, I see the light getting brighter :)

And hot news from my supplier. 5 minute run time is manufacture supply option DUH 3 aint enough.
And I timed mine, 5 minutes as good as to the second. I S*** you not.
Again new product still evolving. But barring poisons, I say this has potential,even if fleeting cos of progress, to be the market leader in this price range.
Add 10mm screens, 2 batteries and charger to rapid cycle the batts which the blurb from manufacturer, say best part charged often than drained regular, glass mouthpiece, if you wish. Easy diy or the ones that are in pipeline.

I put my hand on heart, I have no personal or business knowledge of these people i am dealing with, indeed the vape itself, until Last week.
The vape i have, I paid for and the 2nd unit i ordered before i even did a full burn for my girlfriend, I have paid for.

I initially scrolled past on ebay as it looked like a toy, but having tried a pre production flowermate VT1.0 from this seller, and given my feedback, Sue at HGHonline said if i leked the V5s i would like this.
She was not Sh***** me. So worth a punt.
As for the VT1.0 this xmax should either mean a rapid evolvement or sudden death for this. Ok for lemon balm and low temps but otherwise awful in use and lots n lots of production outgassing going down.

Last edited by a moderator:

GEED

Gaseouser
Alveolar macrophage is stuff in lungs, cells capable of removing s**t :) Not everything though. They do a good, but very slow job with tar and many carcinogenic materials. I gave up smoking as well, thanks for evolving vaporizing technology, and no, there is no artificial garbage in my tobacco, as I grow my own Perique. Most users here grow their own stuff :) Normally mixed with other plants, like lemon balm (funny you said the same) to reduce nicotine, but I don't feel nicotine does as much harm to me as tar did. I also wrote to supplier, actually manufacturer, they - simply put - rejected my concerns, said it is only the soldering tin (!!!) outgassing, they probably meant the flux they use, although I did have the white powdery dust on my fingers - not from flux. Seems a barren dispute at this point, no compensation/resolution/improvement whatsoever been offered. I do not want to cause unnecessary panic or concerns, but I did blow backwards at least 20 gramms of bucky for the sole purpose of depositing resins inside, to cover all nasty stuff. In fact, if your chamber is loaded, that should be a sufficient filter for anything coming through with inhaled air. Should not be this way though, and will keep telling them until some perfectly safe device comes up.

Old English

Alveolar macrophage is stuff in lungs, cells capable of removing s**t :) Not everything though. They do a good, but very slow job with tar and many carcinogenic materials. I gave up smoking as well, thanks for evolving vaporizing technology, and no, there is no artificial garbage in my tobacco, as I grow my own Perique. Most users here grow their own stuff :) Normally mixed with other plants, like lemon balm (funny you said the same) to reduce nicotine, but I don't feel nicotine does as much harm to me as tar did. I also wrote to supplier, actually manufacturer, they - simply put - rejected my concerns, said it is only the soldering tin (!!!) outgassing, they probably meant the flux they use, although I did have the white powdery dust on my fingers - not from flux. Seems a barren dispute at this point, no compensation/resolution/improvement whatsoever been offered. I do not want to cause unnecessary panic or concerns, but I did blow backwards at least 20 gramms of bucky for the sole purpose of depositing resins inside, to cover all nasty stuff. In fact, if your chamber is loaded, that should be a sufficient filter for anything coming through with inhaled air. Should not be this way though, and will keep telling them until some perfectly safe device comes up.

Indeed.
Thanks for the explanation :)
Not lazy just dealing with unusual circumstances so damn busy :)
Could be a flux thing, sounds like what i have seen, good question.
Solder is lead and gives off flux fumes, this was dangerous, and now "safe" solder is supposedly what we should expect. What is it?
Anyone who has suffered the light of death business with a ps3 or xbox. It is because of "unleaded safe solder". It fails when heat cycled in use at too high a temp.
Vapes get hot...............
In my day in avionics, we still used lead with safety talks and extraction. The process needs the flux to make the solder flow and take to put it simply. Flux is corrosive, and will initially leave a brown sticky residue. If left this will corrode with atmospheric moisture and the white powder appears, in my experience getting toward a coffee colour if a high current joint.
So aeroplanes that corrode in use catastrophically crash, so the stuff was then washed with an aqueous solution, and sealed to the atmosphere if needed.
So like i say imagine a world of medical grade vapes :)

Old English,
Reactions: GEED

OrangeSodaSS

I'm a really new here and I've been following this thread for a while. I even got myself the xmax v2 with the isolated air path and 5min shut off. The main reasons I was drawn to it is because of the ceramic chamber and replaceable battery; when I saw the isolated airpath I was sold. When I got it I cleaned and burned it off very well, and do so regularly between uses. As my first vape I have been nothing but surprised and happy. With this recent information however I can't help but feel concerned. I don't have the budget to find another, and would rather not risk breaking it by taking it apart and changing the internals. So my question is what could the long term hazards be with regular use? If it's dangerous, and I do have to rectify the problem what should I do to it?

max

Out to lunch
Materials safety is not up for discussion in vape threads. Unleaded solder has been used for years in vapes, and it works just fine. Then there's the question of the temps involved with the electronics- vaping temps? Not hardly. If you're worried about this model then quit using it and buy something else, but we're not going to discuss possible long term hazards of what may possibly be inside of each and every vape discussed on the forum.

max,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Materials safety is not up for discussion in vape threads. Unleaded solder has been used for years in vapes, and it works just fine. Then there's the question of the temps involved with the electronics- vaping temps? Not hardly. If you're worried about this model then quit using it and buy something else, but we're not going to discuss possible long term hazards of what may possibly be inside of each and every vape discussed on the forum.

Sorry but here I don't understand you, what is the interest of FC if we can't speak about internals and possible long term hazard about a specific vape.... we are not just here to write how this vape is amazing or not without explanations...

FC you begin to bore me....we can't speak about prices (look at the Pax 2 thread), internals, safety issues...and whatelse!

It's a shame!

GEED

Gaseouser
With all respect to FC forum creators and all participants, I have to agree on the statements of PPN above. Free speech on a subject related to health should not be compromised by any means, as long as statements are supported with proofs, and opinions expressed as personal thoughts. I am sincerely grateful to FC forum for providing an interface for such conversations, and by doing so, also accumulating unbiased bases of knowledge regarding to this still new technology of respiratory consumption of plants.

Quite a serious subject, not to trivialize its baby-steps and falls.

Before I posted the comparison review I did also consult with one of the moderators, to assure, I will not abuse any of the rules. Although I have to agree, that I was not aware of ...
If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
...when posted my statements, although I did support my words with video proof, and HQ images, absolutely related to the topic, which is X-MAX V2 model. With full respect of rules, and without criticism, the reason behind this forum rule is beyond me though. I can only see to avoid harm of expensive marketing strategies and retail reputation by either supported or fictional statements of "small people" - besides of also limiting model-related perspective of consumers.
However - again, with all respect, and absolutely related to topic - I have to point out a few things in max's comment:
Unleaded solder has been used for years in vapes, and it works just fine.
-It was a not a word about solder used in X-MAX being traditional, or "unleaded", I have no knowledge, information or capability to determine the solder quality in this specific model. All I said, that I have been told by manufacturer's representative, that outgassing is not originating from PI-tape adhesives, but from solder. My opinion, that it actually smells like flux - also tin (leaded or not) not emitting any visible fumes under such conditions.
-Also, max, I am afraid you did slip over a few of my statements, as I also have not said anything about "temps involved with the electronics". In fact, I did state and prove with image, that electronics are sealed. Certainly not exposed to vaping temps. And I am delighted of this solution!
If you're worried about this model then quit using it and buy something else, but we're not going to discuss possible long term hazards of what may possibly be inside of each and every vape discussed on the forum.
- so why fuck combustion than, if it does not matter what you inhale?

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
We've been though the materials safety wars here long ago, and decided the topic, for multiple reasons, doesn't belong in the vape threads. It was an easy decision. That doesn't mean you can't discuss a particular material, just not here. You can disagree (but not argue) with our stance on the issue, but we're not going to change it.

Sorry but here I don't understand you
Is it fair to a manufacturer to have pages of posts on toxic materials, scaring off many potential buyers, when the material turns out not to be even used in the vape in question? No it's not. That's just one example of the reasons for the rule- a rule plainly spelled out on the rules page by the way, meaning it's every member's responsibility to know it and abide by it. It's also a rules violation that you don't argue with a staff decision, and everything on the rules page is clearly a staff decision.
FC you begin to bore me....we can't speak about prices (look at the Pax 2 thread), internals, safety issues...and whatelse!
There is no rule against talking about prices. If you're bored and troubled by the rules you're free to discuss these topics on some other forum.
Also, max, I am afraid you did slip over a few of my statements
My apologies. As a staff member I often don't have time to read everything. My point remains unaffected though.
- so why fuck combustion than, if it does not matter what you inhale?
I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. I said nothing of the kind.

Old English

Giberian, your mouth piece insert, is it ceramic?
Not a safety issue, but mine is metal.
Be interested trying the ceramic.
100 and 1 % comparison for performance.
Which runs cooler, ie more pleasurable, not safer.
I think that I am clear enough so should be ok to post i think.

Also, the piece looks very similar, but the center part is different.
You have gauze, and I have 7 tiny holes through the metal plate where the hole for gauze is on yours, above where your gauze is, on the bit protruding out "back" or inside end, is where the replacable gauze goes. Hmmmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Shit Snacks

Well, getting back to xmax news, they have implemented the new button pressing, 3 pushes for on and holding down to cycle through temps, and will be sending me one to try (possible along with their new silicone wpa and their own glass mouthpiece, different than Storm's exclusives).

@Gibarian have you been in touch with topgreen recently? I think you mentioned informing them of the material concerns, but have you also been like, trying to sell them a design variation you're also selling to Relaxotech/Imag? Feel free to pm me

Top Bottom