Xmax Tunke

kokolokokolokon

Be careful when you "extra load" it, the "sponge stone" absord a good amount of material, which is good to not to be refilling it again and again...but if it is too much the vapor path will plug :lol:
And i find harder to clean if you dont use water...but i find very confortable to not to use water on the go.
I keep using it daily and it keeps strong. Really nice device to vape my cbd concentrates. Feels like a eliquid vape :rockon:
Maybe a little hard to clean but if you dont use a large amount of material is ok and you can keep it going with a pipe cleaner

I hope more people get it. I want to know what other people think about it

Also, I am talking with Xmax to encourage them to make a traditional hash atomizerfor this device...would be epic

kokolokokolokon

I was a little sceptical when I saw it for the first time, for sure taste isn't the best but the taste conservation all over the session and the atomizer's longlife is awesome. By some aspects it reminds me my trusty&beloved Hercules by W9...

The device could be improved, I suggest a "reclaim catcher" chamber below the atomizer cause reclaim tends to drips down in the water tank, as well I would like to know if users enjoy the heat settings...? Personnaly I would appreciate to level up slightly this settings. As well nothing prevent the water to go in the atty if, by mistake, somebody blows in the device or if the device is tipped. Last, what do you think about a "cleaning heat setting"? higher T° may be able to get the quartz fritted pad back to its white condition (sadly you can't pair it with a Mod Box in order to do that cleaning, 510 is... 510 but it's shorter and central positive pin doesn't make contact).
I was sceptical too...because the concentrate inserts i tried from xmax for the starry and the v3 was...crap...but this works pretty well!
I like your reclaim idea. And the idea about a higher temp setting to clean the quartz pad too, it is hard af to back it to white :bang: it is one of the weak points of the device: the pad cleaning.
Did you try to add something to make contact in a mod box? I remember to make burn offs for cleaning on the quartz Qomo atomizer with a mod (and it resolved the "not ato detected" issue of the Qomo). It gets really easy, would be good to have the chance in this device too.

seedy53

I was sceptical too...because the concentrate inserts i tried from xmax for the starry and the v3 was...crap...but this works pretty well!
I like your reclaim idea. And the idea about a higher temp setting to clean the quartz pad too, it is hard af to back it to white :bang: it is one of the weak points of the device: the pad cleaning.
Did you try to add something to make contact in a mod box? I remember to make burn offs for cleaning on the quartz Qomo atomizer with a mod (and it resolved the "not ato detected" issue of the Qomo). It gets really easy, would be good to have the chance in this device too.
quartz Qomo atomizer, do you think it's a better device with the accessory, the improved heater and quartz insert, that is available

kokolokokolokon

quartz Qomo atomizer, do you think it's a better device with the accessory, the improved heater and quartz insert, that is available
It is different 🤔 i think it is about what form factor you like more.
The qomo is easier to clean, but it is not as comfortable as the tunke on the go. And i see the tunke easier to fill with watter

I prefer the tunke cause the form factor. But both hits hard 😁😁

seedy53

It is different 🤔 i think it is about what form factor you like more.
The qomo is easier to clean, but it is not as comfortable as the tunke on the go. And i see the tunke easier to fill with watter

I prefer the tunke cause the form factor. But both hits hard 😁😁
traveling with a concentrate device i'll stick with oil cart 510 tread pens. for around the house is where i do 95% of my meds. so i do not want a expensive device and i don't want a cleaning hassle. mostly use my vb 1.5 and avlp for my thick shit. but i'm told a dedicated concentrate device is the way to go. my friends like the cheap quartz Qomo atomizer. i just can't justify a expensive device. if you were forced to make a choice which way would you guys go.

kokolokokolokon

@seedy53 inwould choose the tunke. BUT! If you prefer something easier to clean and you prefer the peak style i would go for the qomo.

Another point is, both works with mini session of 12sec (tunke) 15sec (qomo). But only the tunke have an on demand fearure.

I dont know if you use to vape concentrares daily but maybe you are ok just with the alp.

seedy53

@seedy53 inwould choose the tunke. BUT! If you prefer something easier to clean and you prefer the peak style i would go for the qomo.

Another point is, both works with mini session of 12sec (tunke) 15sec (qomo). But only the tunke have an on demand fearure.

I dont know if you use to vape concentrares daily but maybe you are ok just with the alp.
harder to clean that shit out of the alp. no i don't do concentrates daily maybe 3 times on fri-sun at night. i do it when i get resistant to my durban posion rso- still have a lot of but my brain has gotten used to it if i use it everyday. so i like to take a 3 day break weekly with smokeable concentrates. i would like a lite concentrate vap though. i don't want to clog up my alps and it's not hot enough either would like 500f or more

kokolokokolokon

@seedy53 well for ease of clean the qomo. Even if i prefer the tunke. Both hits hard, if you dont like it and want something smaller you should look for a pen.
The qomo is smaller but the glass parts (the parts you have to clean, and are easy to clean) can be a lack because the glass, in general, can be fragile. The tunke is a harder device, and, if you use it indoors, filling it with water, it become easier to clean.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
In my humble opinion the main difference consist in the vaporization style:

- Qomo purpose is to mimic a hot nail dab, load will be vaporized in one (or two) cycle(s), cycle is 20s, this is means you can take one huge hit or 2 smallers per cycle. You need to clean the atty after every load using a q-tip. Dab size is minimal (rice grain sized dabs)
- Tunke is more like a joint, the load will be vaporized in 6-10 hits (it depends your draws, load size and T° settings) using On-Demand mode or the 15s cycles (session mode), I usually take 2 hits per cycle. Load size, I think 0.05-0.1gr correspond to my range.
Be careful when you "extra load" it, the "sponge stone" absord a good amount of material, which is good to not to be refilling it again and again...but if it is too much the vapor path will plug :lol:
And i find harder to clean if you dont use water...but i find very confortable to not to use water on the go.
I keep using it daily and it keeps strong. Really nice device to vape my cbd concentrates. Feels like a eliquid vape :rockon:
Maybe a little hard to clean but if you dont use a large amount of material is ok and you can keep it going with a pipe cleaner

I hope more people get it. I want to know what other people think about it

Also, I am talking with Xmax to encourage them to make a traditional hash atomizerfor this device...would be epic
I thought to add a Xmax V3Pro quartz fritted pad with 0.1 melt on, on the top of the built-in quartz fritted pad with also 0.1 in, the additionnal pad will act like a tank releasing its concentrate gradually... What do you think of that idea?

What do you mean by "a traditionnal hash Atomizer"? Classic quartz rods coil? Bucket? Or do you want to see an Atty specialy designed to vaporize Haschich? Let me know...
The "Self Cleaning" feature I mentionned is an extra feature we didn't expected... And the reason for that long lasting taste: the unwanted remains is dripping down in the downstem.
I suggested the reclaim catcher and the higher T° setting for pad deep cleaning, I think the feature will work better if you are drawing on the device while activating that High Temp Cleaning Setting in order to pull out of the pad the most of gunk you can (you can hook a long silicone tube in order not to inhale that "cleaning vapor"), the unknow is how much the taste may be affected by theses burn-offs (if you remenber, when we was using coils, the burn-offs cleaned the coils from the residues but a fouled taste persisted after).

kokolokokolokon

@XMAXVAPORIZER i think you explained the difference better than me 🤣

I thought to add a Xmax V3Pro quartz fritted pad with 0.1 melt on, on the top of the built-in quartz fritted pad with also 0.1 in, the additionnal pad will act like a tank releasing its concentrate gradually... What do you think of that idea?
🤔🤔 it can be a great idea to have more material in the chamber without problems. I should try it too

What do you mean by "a traditionnal hash Atomizer"? Classic quartz rods coil? Bucket? Or do you want to see an Atty specialy designed to vaporize Haschich? Let me know...
I mean a special atomizer for traditional hash.
I told xmax on instagram a design, similar to a cooking glass pot (inserted on his atomizer, so can be removed) to be easy to clean and reduce the temp of the device to not to combust the hash.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I mean a special atomizer for traditional hash.
I told xmax on instagram a design, similar to a cooking glass pot (inserted on his atomizer, so can be removed) to be easy to clean and reduce the temp of the device to not to combust the hash.
Traditionnal Hasch will require high T°, or, like you said, a glass bucket/cup inserted on the top of the quartz fritted pad will be lower in T° than the pad below... Really I don't think the hasch will combust if you put it directly on the pad in regard of the perceived T° (and not in regard of the settings numbers) but you'll end with a caked quartz fritted pad probably impossible to clean, probably still usable though... if you are not taking care to the taste.
Although, when it comes to traditionnal hasch the quality vary but there is always contaminants, I vape the lesser quality hasch (the dry ones which aren't melting) like flowers in dry herb vaporizers (mixed or "sandwiched" with flowers, natural coton or degummed hemp fibers).
For the ones which are melting (slightly... remenber it's traditionnal hasch and not water hasch or dry sift), the Xmax Qomo or such buckets based e-rigs can do the job better, only insert a fine mesh screen in your bucket in order it stays 1mm away of the cup's bottom and place your hasch on the top. When heating up the device (additionnal heat-up is always good, you need time to transfer heat to the hasch), the hasch will melt and only the liquid will drop on the bottom of the cup where it will be vaporized, the remains stay on the screen in order to avoid nasty taste and to keep your quartz bucket clean.

Not sure the Company will be involved to build a Traditionnal Hasch Atomizer, these Haschs are mainly consumed in Europe/Middle-East/India and we are focused on North America market... Although, after years to see these "secondary markets" (with all my respect) growing and growing again (thanks to a few countries legalization, decriminalization and CBD market) we are more and more taking care of these markets... That's why I'll transmit the suggestion you did to the Team!

Thanks for the deep testing and nice suggestions, have fun!

kokolokokolokon

Not sure the Company will be involved to build a Traditionnal Hasch Atomizer, these Haschs are mainly consumed in Europe/Middle-East/India and we are focused on North America market... Although, after years to see these "secondary markets" (with all my respect) growing and growing again (thanks to a few countries legalization, decriminalization and CBD market) we are more and more taking care of these markets... That's why I'll transmit the suggestion you did to the Team!

Thanks for the deep testing and nice suggestions, have fun!
I tried hash in the qomo and some concentrate devices but rhey are too aggresive. Another atom for these buckets can be a good idea even for concentrates (with different buckets) to be super eqsy to clean. Lets see what is said from xmax :D

And there’s no problem for saying we are secondary markets. It is the true.
I hope the decriminalization of the cbd, the legalization on Germany this end of the year, the similar proyect on portugal, and, of course, holland, will make a domino’s effect to other european countries

vapormachina

Tunke after a couple of weeks:

PROS
- I like the concept and the design, new ideas from Xmax on these new cheap devices in general
- good flavor despite cheap materials
- automatic and manual shot
- reliable and confortable water pocket system (despite weak chambers)
- powerful
- no heat in any external part of the device, very well isolated chambers and good design in general
- stored MP in the body (but not all the MP, I'd prefer to introduce all the glass inside the body for carrying in the pocket)

CONS
- the main problem without any doubt is the heating element. I hate this a lot😅. After cleaning with ISO it broke very easy by pushing from the bottom (I couldn't clean this complete and had to experiment what the hell were going on here😅). The good part could be this is cheap, I bought another one in aliexpress for €13, waiting for this). But those little wires and sponge element (pictures below) is a shit
- if you extend the mouthpiece there is a cheap plastic part in the airpath
- the plastic in the water tank seems to be very cheap too, I would cover this inside with any kind of ceramic or metal material, despite you can not see the water filtering doing this (some devices cover glass parts inside, like gpen roam, there is no problem with no seeing the action. But I have to recognizer that plastic is not a very bad option here, thanks to this the vaporizer seems to be very tough
- you can not see the led during hits when you are outdoor
- interchangeable battery, interchangeable battery, interchangeable battery, we need interchangeable batteries in this kind of devices!😅

In conclusion I liked this model, probably all these ideas applied to a more expensive device would be great, the same with Oont. Good ideas but cheap execution, what is not bad, but a good material device with this improvements and interchangeable battery would be awesome.

I really hate the heating element, this is very efficient and with those mini wires it heats very fast with low energy, but this is very difficult to clean and delicate. I prefer 100% the Qomo chambers (although I had also problems with them and the connection). But this is something very easy to improve thanks to interchangeable chambers, maybe they can introduce new options in the future

some pics and vid:

IMG-3251.jpg
IMG-3259.jpg
IMG-3277.jpg
IMG-3297.jpg
IMG-3337.jpg
IMG-3339.jpg
IMG-3342.jpg

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi @vapormachina , I dig a lot the review you posted and the nice pictures, I noticed you didn't mentionned the smoothness, personnaly I found that atty to deliver rather tasty, decent clouds but where it shines, imho, it's how smooth is the vapor, usually dab devices tend to produce hot&harsch vapor, that's why most can't be used in a dry motion, it's not the case with the Xmax Tunke and Xmax Riggo! For sure dab Connoisseurs will found the taste not good enough and the vaporpath slightly questionnable although we didn't designed the Tunke for Connoisseurs but more for beginners who are scared to cough like hell at every single hit, the Tunke (and Riggo) elininate that issue, smooth for everybody!

When I started into vaporization and dabbing only the quartz nails with dome was available and best of the moment's device was the Hercule by W9 but I was scared to get one for years due to the supposed difficulty to set&use (it wasn't so difficult and I still own many hercules now and 4 of them are loaded and in rotation) That's why my first tries were nail and torch.... and large painfull terrible cough due to my inexperience in load size, heating time, cooling down... and I gave up with concentrates for years... I would was very glad to get a such Tunke to enter in the concentrates Game in smooth conditions!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Top Bottom