XMAX OONT - Dry Herb Vaporizer

kokolokokolokon

I have the Oont. And i can say i list of pros and cons to share some early thoughts.
First of all, this is a compact device for entry users and to go in a dinner or to drink some beers, not to being all day.

Pros:
-compact size
-light weight
-Easy to clean
-Good user interface without screen
-Capsule works good
-Good ceramic in the chamber
-isolated airpath

Cons:
-needs to encapsulate the heat better or a little more power (since the min temp is 180 but it feels like less…so you ended using just the two last levels…or i use it wrong)
-They should replace a plastic piece under the chamber (this is a point that if you remove it the device doesn’t work very well but the flavor raises, they can make a ceramic one to substitute it)
-the vapor can be harsh
-you need to wait like 5-10 seconds between hits if you want dense vapor

The device gets hot but in a normal way in conduction vapes, the plastic chasis works good and feels good (but a little sleeve is possible.

The chamber-screen-condenser-stem system is great! If they solve some power problems and start aplying in other conduction devices would be super since it is very, very easy to clean (dynavap style), allows you to tight the material, adjust the chamber and clean the full airpath.

About the harsh vapor…you can use balls in the stem to cool the vapor, i meed to test it.

The capsule needs a little more time to get to temp

About the battery: i didnt add it in the pros/cons list because while i see the bad side about non replaceable…I see the good side. Like @RustyOldNail I have experience with the miqro and while i wanted to love the device (i like the flavor and smooth but non dense vapor and the build) but the battery is crap…3 or 4 3 min sessions…The point on the small batteries like the 18350 is you feel the power drop off at 50%….like the 18650, but this one gives you several more sessions until the 50%…and the power drop off is not the same….(the same when i tried rhe trio III). So maybe i prefer a non replaceable battery for a mini device, it is light and the power doesn’t drop off

I use it to do some 5 min session while i talk and drink something outside :D

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
In an Indian dialect "Oont" means camel 🐪
In a couple of English dialects "Oont" can mean "Mole" (small furry animal that lives underground) or "Want" (need)

From the graphic, it would suggest XMax are going with the Indian definition (Camels are known as "ships of the desert), but the text suggests the second English definition.

Either way I think it's a very poor choice as I'm still reading it as "don't" (do not)
Thank you to enlight me, this is looks like the right definitions considering the last pic I posted. I'll report the feedback about the name.
If read properly, "Oont" might be a cute-sounding word, but as an ignoramus who's dabbled in marketing, I think an opportunity to sell with the name may have been missed. I would think one would want a name that comes as close as possible to screaming "Vape you must try!", rather than "What's an ...?"
You know, something subtle like, "The Hyper-Mega Turbo-Charged Mind-Blaster Pro 5000 - V2!"
I'll keep the team advised about that name concerns.
I'm so sick of new vapes coming out that don't have an easily changeable battery.
Why is anyone still doing this?!?
We can't offer a 50$ device with replacable battery feature at the moment, in another hand replacement (when the built-in cell die) may be possible with the right tools cause internals access is very easy (only 2 simple screws to remove with a Phillip's screwdriver), be aware this is will void the warranty for sure.
"Safety". If the battery is non-removable, you're less likely to have cases of thermal runaway because the customer is using a cell with too low a CDR or torn wrap, etc.

Plus, I believe, it makes the build cheaper/easier.

How easy is it to buy 18500s nowadays? I haven't seen them for ages.
You are right about the non-replacable battery choice, we did it in order to lower the cost.
I have the Oont. And i can say i list of pros and cons to share some early thoughts.
First of all, this is a compact device for entry users and to go in a dinner or to drink some beers, not to being all day.

Pros:
-compact size
-light weight
-Easy to clean
-Good user interface without screen
-Capsule works good
-Good ceramic in the chamber
-isolated airpath

Cons:
-needs to encapsulate the heat better or a little more power (since the min temp is 180 but it feels like less…so you ended using just the two last levels…or i use it wrong)
-They should replace a plastic piece under the chamber (this is a point that if you remove it the device doesn’t work very well but the flavor raises, they can make a ceramic one to substitute it)
-the vapor can be harsh
-you need to wait like 5-10 seconds between hits if you want dense vapor

The device gets hot but in a normal way in conduction vapes, the plastic chasis works good and feels good (but a little sleeve is possible.

The chamber-screen-condenser-stem system is great! If they solve some power problems and start aplying in other conduction devices would be super since it is very, very easy to clean (dynavap style), allows you to tight the material, adjust the chamber and clean the full airpath.

About the harsh vapor…you can use balls in the stem to cool the vapor, i meed to test it.

The capsule needs a little more time to get to temp

About the battery: i didnt add it in the pros/cons list because while i see the bad side about non replaceable…I see the good side. Like @RustyOldNail I have experience with the miqro and while i wanted to love the device (i like the flavor and smooth but non dense vapor and the build) but the battery is crap…3 or 4 3 min sessions…The point on the small batteries like the 18350 is you feel the power drop off at 50%….like the 18650, but this one gives you several more sessions until the 50%…and the power drop off is not the same….(the same when i tried rhe trio III). So maybe i prefer a non replaceable battery for a mini device, it is light and the power doesn’t drop off

I use it to do some 5 min session while i talk and drink something outside :D

Thank you for the feedback&review, I'm surprised you said to use only the 2 higher T° settings... I use mine on level 2 (190°C) and dosing caps with great vapor production... When vapor density drops I increase to the next level, with the timer set on 5mn I finish at level 4 (210°C), the abv looks dark enough I don't care about to start another cycle. I noticed a loose pack doesn't extract the goodies as well a tight pack does... Since it uses the same dosing caps my V3Pro uses I loaded a dosing caps I previously already loaded for the V3Pro... and felt immediatly the difference, so I'm using now 2 differents containers for my V3Pro caps and Oont caps.

Did you tried a dosing caps with the vapor cooler/condenser removed? It's actually how I'm using mine...
EDIT: Just noticed the videos, did you noticed how the chamber heater seems to be able to compensate for long hits?

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

I tried to use tiny balls on the stem to cool the vapor and…it works great!
But after that i thought again about what @XMAXVAPORIZER told me about not to use the ss condenser and just the stem and the capsule. So i decide to do it again…but different this time….

Maybe i get better continuous results if i use just a mesh instead of the capsule…and i use balls to cool the vapor because is very harsh :lol:

I had to keep the device cooking the balls to get good results. It is not the faster mod :D

And i tried it again in level 2/3. It is true it works, maybe i just have been using small amounts of herb 😅😅

Old_muel

I'm interested in this one as a cheaply to take out n about, haven't had a conduction vape since way back in the day when I had a flowermate v5 which I actually really liked, if the taste on this one is as good as that was I'd be happy.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I'm interested in this one as a cheaply to take out n about, haven't had a conduction vape since way back in the day when I had a flowermate v5 which I actually really liked, if the taste on this one is as good as that was I'd be happy.
Really, the taste out of the Oont is... Oontstanding! I never used the Flowermate's but considering the Oont's simplicity there is nothing able to give you any bad taste. If you use it with dosing caps exclusively you can remove the screen+condenser in order to get a pure glass vaporpath (and stainless steel from the dosing caps)... in another hand the screen+condenser only add an o-ring placed pretty far of the heater, far enough to be not affected by heat.. Hope you will enjoy the Oont, let us to know as soon you get it!

seedy53

Great news! Let us to know what you think of the tiny Oont, it's nice to know the Oont is already available in severals countries (Australia, UK, France and probably more I still not noticed) and to know it's now in the main Portable Vaporizers section, thank you FC!
no new on this device too?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
no new on this device too?
New reviews are raising on the Net, I transmitted the suggestions but I still not got the Engineers feedback about the ones we can effectively adress, I'll let you know... Stay tuned!
Seriously tempted. Vapefiend here in the uk has them
Great! Let us to know when you'll take the plunge! It looks like, for the first time in the world (I'm joking, that's not!), a vaporizer to be available everywhere in the world (bis), BEFORE to be available in US/Canada... Sorry for you my dears but the wait will be not long anymore!
Thank you for sharing that review by George from Vapefiend, here another review from Dab Connection, both are fantastics&enthusiasts vaporizers retailer (Vapefiend) and reviewer (Dab Connection):

Enjoy!

Old_muel

Got mine today! Had a handful of sessions, all with the dosing capsule so far & gotta say it's meeting my expectations - getting some pretty damn good flavor starting on 180 or 190, actually getting that full on stinging terp nose from some sourdough through it which is very enjoyable, that intense flavour does drop off fairly quickly when bumped up to 210-220 to finish the bowl off which is to be expected but it's coming out fully extracted after not overly long & the effects are definitely there for me. Size is tiny, as hoped, perfect to just chuck in a bag or pocket on the way out & inexpensive enough to not have to baby the thing, dunno bout amount of sessions per charge or anything yet but obviously thats gonna be at the low end which I knew going in but I reckon it'll do me for an average outing & then i do usually carry a power bank anyway for longer ones. That's it for now I'll add some more stuff when I got some more usage on the beast, cheers

newola

Ordered, should be here early next week.

Got mine today! Had a handful of sessions, all with the dosing capsule so far & gotta say it's meeting my expectations - getting some pretty damn good flavor starting on 180 or 190, actually getting that full on stinging terp nose from some sourdough through it which is very enjoyable, that intense flavour does drop off fairly quickly when bumped up to 210-220 to finish the bowl off which is to be expected but it's coming out fully extracted after not overly long & the effects are definitely there for me. Size is tiny, as hoped, perfect to just chuck in a bag or pocket on the way out & inexpensive enough to not have to baby the thing, dunno bout amount of sessions per charge or anything yet but obviously thats gonna be at the low end which I knew going in but I reckon it'll do me for an average outing & then i do usually carry a power bank anyway for longer ones. That's it for now I'll add some more stuff when I got some more usage on the beast, cheers
Hi, what was heat up time please? Is the 20 secs accurate?

Thank you

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
That's a good new, so glad it meet your expectations. Can't wait to read your next report!
Ordered, should be here early next week.

Hi, what was heat up time please? Is the 20 secs accurate?

Thank you
Good to know, feel free to post your feedback, positive or negative, we can listen at complains even if we prefer the positives (this is means we did our job well!).
About heat-up time, the 20s is accurate for the lower setting, the others settings will require more heat-up, as well, if you are outdoor in a cold and windy environment, this is may affect the heat-up, so it's accurate starting from a temperated ambient T° (15-25°C).
Can't wait to read your first impressions!

newola

Test drove this today for the first time. It’s a nice small and discreet little vape with decent heat up time. After 3 max temp burn offs I was ready to use it. I’ve only used the supplied dosing cap so far but it does the job very well. I’m a lightweight and kept it on 180. Gave it a good 10 seconds after the heat up haptic feedback and i had half decent clouds. I gave it 3 fairly good draws and turned off. It got a little warm around the oven but nothing to be concerned about. The flavour was very impressive for a smaller unit, all three draws had flavour.

All in all I’m impressed for the price, it’s small and discreet, gets up to temp in 30 seconds and hit the spot nicely.

I like 👍

vapormachina

I like the device, it has good power and an impressive cooling system and mouthpiece, really love the ejection system (better solution than in the Ace). But the flavor is not very good, despite it seems to have a good quality ceramic (better than Starry4), all those plastic parts in the door don't give a good job🤔

I would love to see a device with these improvements and better materials, and of course interchangeable battery, maybe future Ace 2??😅. Xmax don't have a top premium conduction vaporizer right now, we have a lot of cheap devices, which is something very good, but I would love to see these guys doing premium things similar like Ace was, but with all these new ideas

some pics and vid:

IMG-3070.jpg

IMG-3103.jpg
IMG-3110.jpg
IMG-3095.jpg

504.jpg

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Great review @vapormachina and I like your videos in collaboration with @kokolokokolokon you are both amazing , we are very glad you enjoy this tiny device, for sure the XMAX Oont is a humble device, remenber it's only 50$!, although it ticks all the box, isolated airpath/vaporpath, glass vaporpath, dosing caps, adjustable bowl size, easy to clean... Yep it's very well designed and the vapor output stands with expectations you can get out of a such conduction based device with small load size, vapor taste stands with the higher standards in conduction, it looks like most peoples are agree.

For sure nothing new but the Oont is a great contender for party, concerts and restaurants. A nice device for social situations, at least a lot better than convection based since Oont doesn't requires very long draws.

Thank you again!

XMAXVAPORIZER,

Petetbay

VPM has it in stock for Canadian and US customers. I was almost tempted when they had their 15% off Halloween sale.

Rowdyboi

I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I am not getting anywhere near the vapour output that I have seen in the 2 videos up above. I have used all of the temp settings, filled the chamber various ways, i.e. small and loose, max'd out and tight etc......and I will get a small output on the first puff, and then invisible after that.....and yes I have been waiting at least 10 secs between pulls.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Top Bottom