heights with XMAX OONT!

*Swift 20-Seconds Heating
*Retractable Glass Mouthpiece
*Extendable Airway for Pure Hits
*5 Temperature Settings with LED Effects
*Durable 316 Stainless-Steel Dosing Capsule *Ergonomic Design for Comfort
*Powerful 1500mAh Battery with Fast Type-C Charging *Smart Vibration Feedback

$50

Personally a big fan of all glass vapor path for flavor anf ease of cleaning. I also love the preset temps, it’s easier to temp step that way compared to digital readings IMO. Simple is good. Unsure if this device can be used without the dosing caps, regardless - looks like an amazing value!

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Personally a big fan of all glass vapor path for flavor anf ease of cleaning. I also love the preset temps, it’s easier to temp step that way compared to digital readings IMO. Simple is good. Unsure if this device can be used without the dosing caps, regardless - looks like an amazing value!
I don't think the vapor path is all-glass, as there is the metal filter, etc. I'd love more information about the heater. That's not really described at all. In the past they have made a big deal about convection in their convection devices so I wonder if that indicates a hybrid or conduction only. That would be fine but it would be nice to have more information. It does look like the dosing cap is optional.

Integrated battery is a big step down from other Xmax vapes.

It is cheap though.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I wonder if that indicates a hybrid or conduction only.

Speculating from the above video, the puck that is ejected, looks really packed tight, so perhaps mostly conduction?

That short vapor path, may lead to some hot vapor?
Looks like it might be easy to clean, especially if the path is direct.
Price looks right to test….

Petetbay

Looks to be a conduction device now that I looked at the website, ceramic bowl with embedded heater. Are we now looking at new category of herb vapes under $50. It has same size 1500mah battery as the Fyra, not a lot for herb device, but looks pretty pocketable though, looks similar in size to the Argo which has a removable cell, that would have been nice. Look forward to some reviews. The specs say replaceable 18500 battery on the website, but the manual doesn’t. I doubt it’s replacable.

edited

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I'm glad to see somebody (@Finessseee , thank you my friend) posted about this new device we are releasing, the Xmax Oont is a compact vaporizer with built-in 1500mah battery, 5 Temperature settings (from 180°C to 220°C), vibration feature, USB-C, a easy to clean fully isolated vaporpath (glass&stainless steel) and a quick cleaning/unloading feature inspired by the Xmax Ace (but set differently, no more spring here).

It's Conduction based but the taste is very good, I received my sample test device only tuesday (this is explain why I only posted today) and I'm very delighted by the flavor out of this tiny device. The good thing is the Xmax Oont can be used with the same dosing caps we released for the Xmax V3Pro, XVape Roffu, XVape Mambo and XVape Fyra... But the one included is slightly different, looks like the one for the Xmax Starry 4 in a cylindrical shape and it's only 1.10gr while the V3Pro's are 1.25gr. By the way I'm thinking the Oont dosing caps has a larger airflow. I'm thinking the combinaison of the smaller weight and the larger airflow offer quasi the same experience you get by loading directly in the chamber.

The glass tube comes with a stainless steel vapor cooler combined with a screen inserted in the tube, when you push on the glass mouthpiece with the chamber lid open you are pushing out the abv/dosing caps. Although I noticed the stainless steel insert + screen is useless if you are using exclusively the dosing caps, it's my case and I removed that insert for a 100% glass vaporpath!

Yes, it's an entry level device, but it's one designed to offer high quality vapor in a usefull tiny shape (51.14*27.40*74.5mm) and with exclusive features. Many persons would like to test vaporization but not so much are willing to pay 100$, especially actually when all the prices are raising up it's nice to see a good option for only 50$.

Feel free to contact me or to ask me here about the Xmax Oont, best regards!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Very cool, a few years back I had a similar idea of using the mouthpiece to eject a capsule: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/microdosing-capsule-vaporizer.50733/

I hope that had some influence on this design, cause it means (some) manufacturers read this forum!
We already used that idea in another device called the Xmax Ace, although the Ace used a spring loaded ejection system, it's not the case with the Oont, simply push the mouthpiece in with the chamber lid open in order to eject the puck/dosing caps, mouthpiece slide easily in and out (please, don't quote me in the FC Posts taken out of Context Thread ;)).
I don't think the vapor path is all-glass, as there is the metal filter, etc. I'd love more information about the heater. That's not really described at all. In the past they have made a big deal about convection in their convection devices so I wonder if that indicates a hybrid or conduction only. That would be fine but it would be nice to have more information. It does look like the dosing cap is optional.

Integrated battery is a big step down from other Xmax vapes.

It is cheap though.
You are right, the device comes with a vapor cooler/metal filter combo inserted in the glass stem although it's an easy to mod design, you can simply remove it when using exclusively dosing caps or you can toss mesh screen in the glass stem chamber end to filter the vapor. It's conduction based.
Speculating from the above video, the puck that is ejected, looks really packed tight, so perhaps mostly conduction?

That short vapor path, may lead to some hot vapor?
Looks like it might be easy to clean, especially if the path is direct.
Price looks right to test….
Yep, it's conduction. The vapor is definitively smoother with the metal vapor cooler and filter installed, airflow is slightly better with that item removed though. I used mine on level 2 (great flavour and decent vapour production, 3 (it's 200°C, perfect medium T° to get the best of both worlds: vapor thickness&flavor) and finished a fews caps at level 4 (210°C). After a 5mn cycle the abv came out fully browned in my caps, it was a tiny darker at 210°C. It's very simple to clean, especially if you are using exclusively the dosing caps!
I keep reading the name of the device as, "XMAX DONT"
I don't know what this name (Oont) is supposed to evocate in customer's mind, please enlight me...
Looks to be a conduction device now that I looked at the website, ceramic bowl with embedded heater. Are we now looking at new category of herb vapes under $50. It has same size 1500mah battery as the Fyra, not a lot for herb device, but looks pretty pocketable though, looks similar in size to the Argo which has a removable cell, that would have been nice. Look forward to some reviews. The specs say replaceable 18500 battery on the website, but the manual doesn’t. I doubt it’s replacable.

edited
Yes it's a conduction based vaporizer. The battery provides approximatively 5-6 sessions, it's a 18500 battery, 1500mah, built-in.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Here we have maybe an explanation:

7933611.webp

Although I still need explanations, english isn't my native language...

Squidge

Butane powered
Here we have maybe an explanation:

7933611.webp

Although I still need explanations, english isn't my native language...
In an Indian dialect "Oont" means camel 🐪
In a couple of English dialects "Oont" can mean "Mole" (small furry animal that lives underground) or "Want" (need)

From the graphic, it would suggest XMax are going with the Indian definition (Camels are known as "ships of the desert), but the text suggests the second English definition.

Either way I think it's a very poor choice as I'm still reading it as "don't" (do not)

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I kept reading it as XMAX CONT and immediately was like oop that's problematic :lol:

Love manufacturers trying to actually add unique features at such a low price. We don't need digital screens, we need load ejector cannons :science:

Edit: Any US fast shipping retailers getting this like PIU? I'll try almost anything for 50 bucks ... ;)

Adobewan

If read properly, "Oont" might be a cute-sounding word, but as an ignoramus who's dabbled in marketing, I think an opportunity to sell with the name may have been missed. I would think one would want a name that comes as close as possible to screaming "Vape you must try!", rather than "What's an ...?"
You know, something subtle like, "The Hyper-Mega Turbo-Charged Mind-Blaster Pro 5000 - V2!"

Squidge

Butane powered
I'm so sick of new vapes coming out that don't have an easily changeable battery.
Why is anyone still doing this?!?
"Safety". If the battery is non-removable, you're less likely to have cases of thermal runaway because the customer is using a cell with too low a CDR or torn wrap, etc.

Plus, I believe, it makes the build cheaper/easier.

How easy is it to buy 18500s nowadays? I haven't seen them for ages.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How easy is it to buy 18500s nowadays? I haven't seen them for ages.
All the recommended vendors from Mooch as still actively selling them.
Some Good Vendors (in alphabetical order)
18650.uk
18650batterystore.com
akkuteile.de
ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
fogstar.co.uk
illumn.com
imrbatteries.com
liionwholesale.com
orbtronic.com

It seems like Amazon still has lots of sketchy ones too. So I haven't seen a change really.

Of course while I like 18650s, Xmax could definitely still make a device with replaceable batteries that are protected.

Squidge

Butane powered
All the recommended vendors from Mooch as still actively selling them.
Some Good Vendors (in alphabetical order)
18650.uk
18650batterystore.com
akkuteile.de
ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
fogstar.co.uk
illumn.com
imrbatteries.com
liionwholesale.com
orbtronic.com

It seems like Amazon still has lots of sketchy ones too. So I haven't seen a change really.

Of course while I like 18650s, Xmax could definitely still make a device with replaceable batteries that are protected.
No 18500s at fogstar. I checked before I posted my comment

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered

Edit: Oh you are looking for an 18500. I have never used those. Sorry for my confusion.

I could only find one dry herb vape that uses those, so I agree they are not popular.
The Oont has a built in 18500, and Ramahs wanted to know why it couldn't be a replaceable battery and that's where the conversation started.
...Yes it's a conduction based vaporizer. The battery provides approximatively 5-6 sessions, it's a 18500 battery, 1500mah, built-in.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ramahs wanted to know why it couldn't be a replaceable battery

So they can SELL more units when the LIPO reaches end of life. 18500, is probably the mAh, which is okay, but any cylinder batteries below the 18650 size, don’t last or work great in most vape devices. They run out of power fast. I don’t use my Davinci micro much, as the 18350 batteries suck, though the device is small and cute. You also have so many more great choices in the 18650 size. Using a built in LIPO battery keeps the cost lower as well, just a two wire connection…

Top Bottom