XMAX OONT - Dry Herb Vaporizer

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I am not getting anywhere near the vapour output that I have seen in the 2 videos up above. I have used all of the temp settings, filled the chamber various ways, i.e. small and loose, max'd out and tight etc......and I will get a small output on the first puff, and then invisible after that.....and yes I have been waiting at least 10 secs between pulls.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
Hi @Rowdyboi , please let me know your experience with such vaporizers for dry herbs... I think you are probably just beginning into vaporization, @vapormachina is a very experienced vaporist who know how to set lights in order to see vapor very well (try to blow in horizontals light beams with dark background, best is the morning/evening winter sunlight) and I think he mixed some concentrates in the flower's load (or he get some exceptionnal flowers!). As well the Oont isn't designed to be a heavy hitter but it's designed to be a simple device easy to use on the go delivering decent sized clouds and better than average taste.

If you get a cloud only on first hit, here the possible issues and solutions:
- your weed is weak, low thc&cbd weed are not cloud makers, if you can get access to high quality weed with decent THC content (15% is good enough) give it a try to notice the difference by yourself.
- Try to wait a little more between subsequents hits, 12-15s and let me know if this is change something
- Last, Oont is conduction, this is means strong&fast draws will not work, that sort hits tend to cool down the chamber and stop vapor production, so please try to take slow&long draws

Let me know if this is help... or not and I will bring you the Support you deserve to get (in this sad case), best regards!

Rowdyboi

Hi @Rowdyboi , please let me know your experience with such vaporizers for dry herbs... I think you are probably just beginning into vaporization, @vapormachina is a very experienced vaporist who know how to set lights in order to see vapor very well (try to blow in horizontals light beams with dark background, best is the morning/evening winter sunlight) and I think he mixed some concentrates in the flower's load (or he get some exceptionnal flowers!). As well the Oont isn't designed to be a heavy hitter but it's designed to be a simple device easy to use on the go delivering decent sized clouds and better than average taste.

If you get a cloud only on first hit, here the possible issues and solutions:
- your weed is weak, low thc&cbd weed are not cloud makers, if you can get access to high quality weed with decent THC content (15% is good enough) give it a try to notice the difference by yourself.
- Try to wait a little more between subsequents hits, 12-15s and let me know if this is change something
- Last, Oont is conduction, this is means strong&fast draws will not work, that sort hits tend to cool down the chamber and stop vapor production, so please try to take slow&long draws

Let me know if this is help... or not and I will bring you the Support you deserve to get (in this sad case), best regards!
Thanks for responding.

I think I am pretty experienced with DH vapes. I started with a Herbmaster back in 2015, then a Vivant Alternate (pretty good cloud, but too bulky and hot for portability), then a Zephyr Ion desktop unit, then I had 2x Herbva 5G's (great cloud, great size, but a design flaw means that the button will stop working after approx. 6 months), and now I have the OONT and a HR Fury Edge (which is excellent).

I guess I can try the 12-15s, but I was giving it at least 10s and being generous with my counting..........

And, the weed is excellent :smug:, but I did try some other stuff in it, too, and same result. And, yes, I do long slow draws. I also ensure that I am sucking in before my lips touch the stem, to avoid any accidental blowout that does occur with free flowing vapes.

Anything else it could be?

Rowdyboi

Well, this is interesting. I decided to try using the dosing capsule that came with the unit........and for some reason, now I am getting better clouds.

I'm not a scientist, but I would've thought the additional heat to get through the capsule would've meant less cloud?

Maybe the dosing capsule holds the weed up higher in the chamber?

Dunno.......:\

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Well, this is interesting. I decided to try using the dosing capsule that came with the unit........and for some reason, now I am getting better clouds.

I'm not a scientist, but I would've thought the additional heat to get through the capsule would've meant less cloud?

Maybe the dosing capsule holds the weed up higher in the chamber?

Dunno.......:\
Hi, I'm very glad you get better results using your Oont with the provided dosing caps, it's probably due to the added conduction, it's true dosing caps metal is stolen heat... on the beginning cause until it's heat saturated, the metal deliver back heat to the load for more consistent roast. So, in my opinion, this is makes sense.
Best regards and enjoy the Oont.

XMAXVAPORIZER,

F1240

I'm looking for a discrete vape to use on a holiday nexy month, I don't go away often and I'm happy using the arizer air max at home. So I want to spend as little as possible. I had and sold both the roffu and crafty because they made me cough so much they were unusable, but they're what I see recommended a lot when someone wants something small etc.

Would the oont be a good shout here? Just need something to use for the four days I'll be away.

F1240

Ended up going for oont.

Ordered some dosing caps too as I was hoping to use them while on holiday.

But whenever I use a dosing cap I get 0 vapour and no effect. Absolutely none.

But if I don’t use a dosing cap it’s as expected.

Am I doing something wrong or are the dosing caps just not great?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Ended up going for oont.

Ordered some dosing caps too as I was hoping to use them while on holiday.

But whenever I use a dosing cap I get 0 vapour and no effect. Absolutely none.

But if I don’t use a dosing cap it’s as expected.

Am I doing something wrong or are the dosing caps just not great?
Hi, I'm surprised by what you said, for sure all caps are delaying vapor production cause you have to heat the metal mass before to get the load at right T°, although the Oont caps design is the one with the smaller mass, this is means its influence on the session is very small.

That's why I think you must to experiment with differents packing style and don't forget it's pretty important to wait between hits in order the heater get enough time to recover and stock vapor for the next hit, 10-15s is good enough. Usually conduction works better with rather tight loads.

Let me know...

ps: I'm glad to know you are happy with direct load though....

XMAXVAPORIZER,

F1240

Hi, I'm surprised by what you said, for sure all caps are delaying vapor production cause you have to heat the metal mass before to get the load at right T°, although the Oont caps design is the one with the smaller mass, this is means its influence on the session is very small.

That's why I think you must to experiment with differents packing style and don't forget it's pretty important to wait between hits in order the heater get enough time to recover and stock vapor for the next hit, 10-15s is good enough. Usually conduction works better with rather tight loads.

Let me know...

ps: I'm glad to know you are happy with direct load though....
Having had it a few days i find it baffling. It’s really inconsistent.

I have given up with the dosing caps, which is a shame as their availability was why I chose the oont. But using it without is very inconsistent. I can pack it the exact same way, with the same flower and put it on the exact same setting and one will give clouds and the second absolutely nothing.

I guess I just need to get the hang of it. Thankfully I got it to use on holiday, not as a main device so I’m sure it will be fine for that purpose. And at the price point I’m not complaining.

Dankkh

I purchased my Oont a few months ago because I was so intrigued by it's clever design and inexpensive price. I must say I really like it. For a little $50 portable it feels like the quality is good, it puts out nice clouds at temps 3-5, and it's surprisingly effective at getting me stoned (might be the more conduction style of heating as opposed to convection, who knows).

One question though: Is it possible to buy replacement o-rings for the inner metal shaft? I tend to have very poor luck with o-rings, and the moment I started cleaning my Oont before first use, I accidentally tore the o-ring a little bit. Thankfully the Oont came with a replacement, but somehow I managed to slightly damage and puncture the replacement o-ring as well.

Is it possible to purchase more replacements? are these a generic part that I can potentially buy for cheap? thanks in advance.

xmax-oont-o-ring.jpg

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Having had it a few days i find it baffling. It’s really inconsistent.

I have given up with the dosing caps, which is a shame as their availability was why I chose the oont. But using it without is very inconsistent. I can pack it the exact same way, with the same flower and put it on the exact same setting and one will give clouds and the second absolutely nothing.

I guess I just need to get the hang of it. Thankfully I got it to use on holiday, not as a main device so I’m sure it will be fine for that purpose. And at the price point I’m not complaining.
Hi, I had the same feeling when I started to use mine, I think the perf depends of a few factors:
- packing style, rather tight is better
- slow draws are prefered to fast draws
- long draws are prefered to short draws
- Probably the ambient T° can play a rôle
- waiting time between hits, longer wait will produce bigger vapor
- Weed quality (but you know that!)
- (battery level, when it's low... maybe)

All in all, the Xmax Oont is definitively a vaporizer designed for smooth&flavorfull hits rather than a big cloudage machine ;), this is does not means it's not efficient though, reliefs are hitting me strong for sure, hope the same for you! I think it was a good thing to make the Oont an easy to pull device, I don't want to get big cough if I'm using my Oont in public/social situation (and don't want to fog the scene with thick big clouds as well)... Yep, it was primarly designed to be a stealth and flavorfull device.

Just a last tip for you, clouds are usually more noticeable with proper lighting, prefer to blow clouds onto horizontals lightbeams with dark background, I do daily evening session under the porch with headlight, perfect to enlight vapor. I'm glad you appreciate it though!
I purchased my Oont a few months ago because I was so intrigued by it's clever design and inexpensive price. I must say I really like it. For a little $50 portable it feels like the quality is good, it puts out nice clouds at temps 3-5, and it's surprisingly effective at getting me stoned (might be the more conduction style of heating as opposed to convection, who knows).

One question though: Is it possible to buy replacement o-rings for the inner metal shaft? I tend to have very poor luck with o-rings, and the moment I started cleaning my Oont before first use, I accidentally tore the o-ring a little bit. Thankfully the Oont came with a replacement, but somehow I managed to slightly damage and puncture the replacement o-ring as well.

Is it possible to purchase more replacements? are these a generic part that I can potentially buy for cheap? thanks in advance.

xmax-oont-o-ring.jpg
Yes, I transmit your request to the team, that's a good call!

Here a tip to remove the o-ring without to damage it: between your fingers press the installed o-ring in order to create a gap where you can insert a tool (a toothpick for me) to remove it. Best regards!

Top Bottom