1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

X-MAX FOG

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by sickmanfraud, Oct 22, 2017.

1. herbalism

herbalism New Member

Good to know!

Anyone else have a bit of trouble removing the mouthpiece? I followed some instructions posted in this thread and succeeded, but not without struggle and slight cosmetic damage (fortunately it's unnoticeable). Now the silver part that holds the mouthpiece in place swivels a bit along with the MP itself but thankfully not enough to affect performance.

steama likes this.
  2. dantemaniaco

dantemaniaco New Member

Lot of thanks mate; I am going to order right now. Definitely for me this is the perfect vaporicer. Thanks again.:):)

3. Simon Moker

Simon Moker New Member

It only affects the old models, you should be good. Think they are woking on a capsule for the fog and starry as we speak. Cheers!

bodhi_naut likes this.
  4. dantemaniaco

dantemaniaco New Member

it sounds great:brow::brow:

5. rokko

rokko Member

Anyone had this kind of issue? What it can be, broken heater, blown up transistor or controller problem?

Click to play YouTube Video
    (people in comments describe same issue)

Just choosing between Fog, Starry, FM v5 Nano and don't want it to be dead after couple of weeks...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  6. digitalessignal

digitalessignal Well-Known Member

I opened my device several times. After the first reassembly my button didn't work well anymore. I tried to fix this by opening again without luck. After the third assembly I had the same defect (automatic switch off after some seconds / no heating).
    My fog didn't look so well after my tries of fixing so I threw it away instead of claiming it.

7. rokko

rokko Member

Sounds bad... Maybe static charge killed controller, just broken wire that can be easily fixed or even short circuit of temperature sensor on metal surface (dunno where it placed) in this case it's resistance will be zero and controller thinks that temperature is very high (400+C if common NTC thermistor used) so it doesn't turn on heater and shuts down (if it has feature like this to evade overheat). Can you check wires and sensor when will have time?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Used2use likes this.
  8. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Got this issue once and, in my case, it was only due to a dirty battery bottom :lol:

9. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

So... I Just got one of these... are people still using theirs? I was trying to see how I could acheive more of a roast, but seeing these white powder posts seem slightly concerning... is this something that can be easily checked for?

10. herbalism

herbalism New Member

I've had mine for a couple weeks (ordered from PIU) and have not noticed any white powder in the air vents or anywhere else. Then again I didn't open up my unit like others.

11. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

for an 'indication' (won't see the intake itself direct):
    Remove 18650!, than the top lid (2screws). The sealing black silicone ring (look also here for white stuff) sits loose on top the chamber and insulation. The insulation is surrounded with another thin black plastic tube - both can be pulled out with some tweezers. Knock a bit against the insulation to see...
    At least that worked with the old version and should be fairly save to do, so far nobody knows how the 'improved' version looks / what has been changed (remember the first boundless tera fix....)
    Never got any response from xvape, the retailer also ducked and covered away (lesson go with trusted not the cheapest) - in the end a good cure for VAS to me ('only' :lol: picked up a VG Coil since)

i also haven't seen that, the dust won't travel against the flow direction (or it must be really bad) - that's in a way like looking for exhaust of a car at the air intake ;)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  12. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Well-Known Member

I still use mine but been using homemade ecig juice and the M more lately
    I still love it though

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors