Workspace items, what do you use?

Hexi

I'm looking to upgrade my makeshift workspace.
I have the vape, the daily tin box, water tools, grinders, stainless steel surgical scoop.

looking for something like
  • Mirror/tray for working with the grind - currently using a janky screw on lid thingy
  • working storage for GonGs stems - thinking pyrex 500ml beakers
  • Tray to hold the stainless steal tweezers, scoop etc.. tools
Please let me know if you have suggestions. I'm U.S. based.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Here is a shot of my vapor lab . . . :)

lab1xb.jpg

I really like the Spill-Stop bar service mat for working with my wet glass . . .

bb2c.jpg

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've seen some nice slide, GonG, and small tool holders that were great pieces of wood, with appropriate sized holes drilled.

I currently use plastic "shoe" boxes, with a layer of non-skid shelf liner in the bottom, to contain my Jyarz, NoGoo containers, and CVaults. I have a large glass holder that I keep my torch in, (it's just a little bigger than the torch), and I use shot glasses to hold my dabbers, picks, and nails. My oil rig fits in there, too. All crammed into the shoe boxes.

Previously, I had everything on a cookie sheet, to which I'd applied some contact paper with a reflective, funky pattern. It was shiny. :)

Hexi

I asked my GF if we had some items laying around the house I could use. (she is the source for my daily tin box and has lots of cool ideas for stealth). But she decided to give me the "what do you need it for?" Q&A session and I wasn't in the mood.

4 hours later after I had forgotten, she shows up with something I could have used that she dug out of the garage, rectangular flat 2" thick tin. Would be nice but it's a bit too large for the sub-space I'm looking at (8"x6" ish).

T-Dub - lab looks sweet, where did you get bar-spill mat that small? Are those non-stick plastic containers?

Hexi,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The bar mat is regular size, the smaller looking ones are actually "Vibra-Kill" pads from OldWillKnott Scales and the nested plastic lids come from "Tang" containers. You see ABV in one and I keep fresh ground medicine in the others :)

SD_haze

I'm looking to upgrade my makeshift workspace.
I have the vape, the daily tin box, water tools, grinders, stainless steel surgical scoop.

looking for something like
  • Mirror/tray for working with the grind - currently using a janky screw on lid thingy
  • working storage for GonGs stems - thinking pyrex 500ml beakers
  • Tray to hold the stainless steal tweezers, scoop etc.. tools
Please let me know if you have suggestions. I'm U.S. based.
I personally wouldn't use a glass beaker to store glass stems.
I've heard the constant "clinking" of glass hitting glass is a great way to slowly weaken the glass.

Hexi

Cool site thanks, I'm going to check some hobbyist shopping sites for some other stuff.

I like this spatula for the price
CE-SPATU20.jpg

Random hobby shop, kinda like this idea (triangle natural corner) for working ground and loading a chamber
85128_R.jpg

Lol @ trying to find a decent small sized workspace. Currently using a bamboo TV tray for the overall space.
$T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iH47BR%29dnGfDQQ~~60_57.JPG

This one came up in my search for some sort of organizer... not really sure but kind of a 'water tool' so to speak
$T2eC16F,!zoE9s5nc3cZBR62bdbyjQ~~60_12.JPG

This antique tea tray is now what I want. Oak with glass removable surface! Only $700! WTF antiques!
$T2eC16ZHJIEFHSq!O38CBSHsBcvIJw~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Cool site thanks, I'm going to check some hobbyist shopping sites for some other stuff.

I like this spatula for the price
CE-SPATU20.jpg
I love that site and have bought several things there (all really inexpensive). I picked up that spatula, @Hexi but was disappointed in how large it was. I've never used it due to its size. :2c:

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Hexi

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I personally wouldn't use a glass beaker to store glass stems.
I've heard the constant "clinking" of glass hitting glass is a great way to slowly weaken the glass.
a long time ago.. my friend had a little glass bong.. w/ a slide down stem.. and the down stem was setup so it was touching the bottom of the bong and it was snug.. the vibrations from the bubbles eventually popped out a tiny hole out of the bottom of the bong one day hah. and it was leaking all over.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I stow the gear and herb I'm gonna be using most in my old GI JOE wooden footlocker . Stems , screens , paint stirrers ,Brushes and other Xtras go in an old first aid box . Vapes taking a rest are in a small trunk .
I only go high tech .

walrus

I actually came in here to start a similar thread. Just looking for ideas to keep the clutter in order. Have so many stems, pokers, dabbers, grinders, pens, jars, jyars, nails, bongs, bubblers, screens, vapes, torches, gongs, wongs, tubing, etc, etc. My dedicated drawer is packed to bursting. Just looking for any more storage/organization ideas. Thanks

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
I actually came in here to start a similar thread. Just looking for ideas to keep the clutter in order. Have so many stems, pokers, dabbers, grinders, pens, jars, jyars, nails, bongs, bubblers, screens, vapes, torches, gongs, wongs, tubing, etc, etc. My dedicated drawer is packed to bursting. Just looking for any more storage/organization ideas. Thanks
I really need to get organized myself-@Hexi, good set up!

Maine420,

Hexi

Thanks guys, always looking for ideas, the acrylic make-up organizer fits what I need pretty well (small, holds solo, fbomb and tubes, and can see what's where, easy to clean up).

I got the idea from the other thread where that guy re-purposed a lamp...

The acrylic make-up case was SOHO $14.99 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FX4NTI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the tray is bamboo (sustainable?) >$20 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Y5IOOA/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just needed something to get me slightly organized so my vape area doesn't end up looking like my closet

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
@Hexi, don't know how I found your thread, but I've been looking at these items for a while. Would be nice if they had a muilti-setup for rotating clean stems.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas.../blue-downstem-cleaning-tube-7-00-inches.html

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas...clear-downstem-cleaning-tube-7-00-inches.html

I'm sure someone like OGB could make something nice any unique.

For storage, I personally never let my glass touch (rattle) another glass or metal (just in case) and only let them touch wood, plastic, or any cloth like material; bounty.

I use an old clear plastic shoebox sized container. All my small items not used daily goes in there, small items used daily go on top of the lid which has a lip so things don't roll off.

I keep all my green and kief in glass mason jars due to smell. Any plastic will eventually leach out. SmellySeal, FoodSaver Bags, Ziplock Containers, all eventually smells.

My tray, for cheapness and throwaway features, I use the most thick glossy magazine cover I can find cut to about 10 x 8 and curve the edges both ways so all 4 corners curve up.

Big glass tubes are always outside shown. Do have a small collection of 8oz ball mason jars. Good thing they stack.

Use iso + salt for fast clean; zep for long soaks.

sxmokeUP,
Reactions: Hexi
Top Bottom