Wisdom Tooth Dry Socket vs Volcano Bag

nucleo

Forget about the whip, using a volcano bag, has anyone ever had dry sockets after a wisdom tooth removal?

If not, i'll be the guinea pig today, but i'd really like some feedback first :)

nucleo,

max

Out to lunch
Hell, I smoked after my wisdom teeth got yanked, and had no problem-not that I recommend it. I was more reckless in my younger years. There were a few vaporizers back then, but no internet, so, same thing, as far as I was concerned. I would think that if you're careful to breathe the vapor in with your lungs, and not suck, you should be OK. Smoking is also worse because it depletes oxygen, which helps healing.

"Any action that forms suction within the mouth can raise risk level and should be avoided. Actions that should be avoided include but are not limited to: smoking, sucking through through a straw, spitting, vigorous mouth rinsing, sneezing, or coughing. Eating should be very light within the first 24 hours after tooth extraction to protect the affected area." http://www.dental-health-index.com/drysockets.html

max,

nucleo

Oh well, nice answers. Too late though. Here some feedback!

It's fine as long as you breathe in with your mouth without sucking. (A very slow deep breath)
It's fine as long as you are squeezing the bag.
It's fine up the nose aswell but simply doesn't feel the same.

nucleo,

weedemon

enthusiast
if the operation is fresh and you are still using gauze pack the gauze in first to protect the open holes.

and you are totally right suctions if your enemy! try as little suction power as possible! good luck! when i had some teeth pulled i was worries about that too!

weedemon,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Smoked after wisdom teeth and ended up with FOUR dry sockets. Hell in my mouth.

I know a girl who used a volcano after and felt much better. It's all about avoiding suction.

darkrom,

stroh

errl enthusiast
as long as you avoid negative pressure in your mouth (forming a seal, and sucking) then you will be fine, especially with vapor. inhale the bag without actually creating a seal with your lips, just hold the receiver end of the bag near your mouth and squeeze the goodies into it.

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled on Monday. I did not vapor on Monday. Tuesday I started with the MFLB.
Yesterday and today Da Buddah. I have been rinsing my mouth with salt water after a session.
So far, so good for me.

My wisdom teeth pulling went really painlessly for the most part. I volcanoed all the time after a 24 hour post op period, with no problems at all. I didn't have much pain at all, and none past day like 5, but what little I had was well medicated by the venerable Prussian. The only bad thing was when a Vicodin tablet was forced, really forced on me by the dentist when I was getting ready to be driven home. I felt absolutely fine except a slight grogginess with only the slightest trace of pain, but this prick dentist completely insisted and I gave in on the whole "he's a doctor... of sorts" kind of thinking. It made me violently ill for the next 6 hours, which included two hours of near constant vomiting and then dry heaving, with bloody, open extraction sites exposed to the whole acidic, bile-ridden mess. Now who feels hungry!?

Anyway, fuck my dentist. :lol: I didn't need that goddamn opiate at all and his imposition made me sick at a time when it couldn't of been worse. But in my experience at least, vaporizing with a suction-free method while recovering was safe.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom