Will cooled vape lose thc?

k6429

So if THC vapes at 212C (or whatever it is), then if I vaped it and cooled it down before taking it in (as to not irritate lungs so much), would the thc re-solidify and stick on the inside of the hose or something? I'm thinking about getting a really long whip and having it go thru a bucket of ice or something on the way to my lungs. Would this work? Or would it lower the thc content?

k6429,

george

You can just hit your vape through a bong or waterpipe. You can even use ice if your tube has ice pinches.

Although i have heard of some people on here who like to vape through lukewarm/warm water, it supposedly makes the vapor less harsh. I'm sure someone will chime in about this

Oh and im not sure how much vapor (if any) you lose from water filtering, but the longer your airpath is the more vapor will condense on your whip/glass. hence "wand hash"

george,

k6429

yeah i dunno running it thru a bong seems kind of drastic. it's not that bad how it is, just sometimes i gotta heat it up quite a bit if the bud is moist.

k6429,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
k6429 said:
So if THC vapes at 212C (or whatever it is), then if I vaped it and cooled it down before taking it in (as to not irritate lungs so much), would the thc re-solidify and stick on the inside of the hose or something? I'm thinking about getting a really long whip and having it go thru a bucket of ice or something on the way to my lungs. Would this work? Or would it lower the thc content?

george is right, a longer or cooler air path will cause some vapour to condense. Yes, what you propose will work. Yes, you will lose a little in the process. Whether it's enough to matter is up to you. It wouldn't bother me, and in fact I have a two meter long whip for my Extreme.

pakalolo,

k6429

So in your opinion it's little enough of a difference of thc to make it worth having a longer hose?

k6429,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
k6429 said:
So in your opinion it's little enough of a difference of thc to make it worth having a longer hose?

Yes, but some might feel differently.

The longer your airpath the more chance for the vapour to cool and condense on the air path surfaces. Passing your whip through ice water will increase condensation even further. If you do this (I haven't) I'd expect that you'd start to see the honey build up faster in the portion that passes through the water. The lossage isn't enough to make any difference in the effects, and there are techniques to recover it if you are that concerned.

pakalolo,

max

Out to lunch
You don't say how long you want your tubing to be. I'd say anything longer than about 4 ft. is a waste as far as cooling. And I'd use ice or water OR longer tubing, not both. I think both would be overdoing it. You might also try smaller hits. Lung irritation usually means getting more vapor than you can comfortably handle.

max,

2clicker

Observer
max said:
You might also try smaller hits. Lung irritation usually means getting more vapor than you can comfortably handle.

i think this is a big part. people really wanna know they are getting a good amount of vapor and wanna see it exhaled. so a larger hit than what is really needed is usually taken. i too fall victem to this sometimes even though i know better.

K, i can see what you mean about the bong being a lil drastic. its more of a PITA than anything. plus a big tube uses more per hit. thats why i bought this as a daily driver.

http://www.vapeworld.com/vaporizer-...ts/vaporfection-aqua-vape-inline-vapor-cooler

cools vapor beautifully. wont spill when set down. only takes a little amount of water of which gets replaced daily. extremely easy to fill and empty. it replaces your current mouthpiece at the end of your whip or can be used inline in the middle somewhere. plus since its at the end of the whip and getting rinsed daily you wont see any buildup. this allows you to see the amount of vapor your getting per hit which is VERY handy if your looking for the right sized hit for your lungs. and to be more efficient in usage. nice thick glass... well built. i cant say enough about this piece. love it.

i think i have may have to look into a 6-8" straight tube also. then the HydraTubes!

forget about a bucket with ice. you want glass.

2clicker,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
max said:
You don't say how long you want your tubing to be. I'd say anything longer than about 4 ft. is a waste as far as cooling. And I'd use ice or water OR longer tubing, not both. I think both would be overdoing it. You might also try smaller hits. Lung irritation usually means getting more vapor than you can comfortably handle.

Agreed. I should have clarified that I got a 2m whip for reasons having nothing to do with cooling, and in fact I wish I could reduce the condensation in it. The little device 2clicker linked to is neat, but not cheap. Also it's glass and I break glass.

pakalolo,

k6429

i just assumed if you couldnt see the vapor at ALL then it wasnt hot enough?

k6429,

Nosferatu

I noticed and my friends agree that you get less high when we use my bong with the PD. Not much less but you might need a few more hits.

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom