why use a whip?

keepinitreal

soo ive been using some vaporizers recently, one was a bag vaporizer and one was a whip vaporizer. when using them though i noticed the whip really doesnt seem to get me as medicated as the bag vaporizer? im curious to know if this is normal or am i just using the whip wrong? typically with the whip vaporizer ill exhale all the way then inhale verrrry slowly and as deep as i can go. is there a better way to go about doing this to get results similar to a bag vaporizer?

keepinitreal,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I'm guessing that you have an Extreme Q, if you are doing both bags and whip, or you have two different vapes.
Have you tried hitting through water yet? With the elbow pack through water I find it allows for much bigger rips without the throat irritation and allows you to hit at higher temps = quicker medicating.

J.R.R.Tokin',

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
I'm guessing that you have an Extreme Q, if you are doing both bags and whip, or you have two different vapes.
Have you tried hitting through water yet? With the elbow pack through water I find it allows for much bigger rips without the throat irritation and allows you to hit at higher temps = quicker medicating.

I use the extreme Q through my water pipes. actually use the elbow with a small tube attached to a 14mm GonG adapter. theres maybe 1 inch or less of tube, and I kinda use the EQ "handheld" to take my rips with a smaller vapor path. it works really easily and gets me the best rips I've found!

+1 for vaporbonging.

i'm looking into getting a UD twig to take it to the next level :) (that cloud wait has me itching for something)

MarcellusWiley,

ripebuds

The vapor in the bag will be less dense most likely, meaning your lungs will absorb more from bags, unlike if you take thick milky hits from a whip.

ripebuds,

weedemon

enthusiast
my first thought is that when it comes to people who are newer to vaporizing there are certain vapes that are best suited for that use. (bags)

What i am saying here is that for most vaporizers that have variables (draw speed, hitting technique temperature settings etc...) there is going to be a learning curve as to how to operate the vape best to get it working right. (this is true for most if not all direct draw style vaporizers)

Bags on the other hand are a fantastic way to get accustomed to what vapor is all about because they take all the guess work out of the equation. the vapor is already made for you and waiting. you just need to inhale it at any speed you are comfortable with.

the last thing you want to do is give someone who is new to vapor an unsatisfying experience as they will go back to smoking for sure! lol I am like a vapor missionary, trying to get people to join me on this side of the fence!

so all that said, I would like to refer you to http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=7072 as I feel it answers your question as to what the 2 are really like

weedemon,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
The only reason to use a whip is to make it easy for the Vapes to get from the heat source to your mouth.

On Vapes like the ssv a whip is crucial. However, there are plenty of Vapes avail. That don't require the use of a whip or a bag. I find the direct draw Vapes (sv, ha, vapocane, etc) much more satisfying because you can achieve a better vapor to air ratio with every draw because you don't need to empty out three feet of stale air that was in the whip before you can even begin to taste vapor.

Also, whips get dirty, and need to be replaced which becomes an ongoing cost.

In general I find whips more "stressful" to use around waterpipes when compared to direct draw Vapes. With a whip you always seem to need three hands. One on the glass, one hand holding the whip to the heat (If you don't have a gong connection), and one hand holding the whip adaptor in the waterpipe. Then you need to carefully set everything down so you can stir...pia!

Direct draw Vapes allow to have one hand on the cape the other on the glass - nothin gets seller or spilled!

notmyrealUSERname,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
notmyrealUSERname said:
In general I find whips more "stressful" to use around waterpipes when compared to direct draw Vapes. With a whip you always seem to need three hands. One on the glass, one hand holding the whip to the heat (If you don't have a gong connection), and one hand holding the whip adaptor in the waterpipe. Then you need to carefully set everything down so you can stir...pia!

Direct draw Vapes allow to have one hand on the cape the other on the glass - nothin gets seller or spilled!

I guess this is true, that is why I really like my Q for water, leaves both hands free for the glass.

J.R.R.Tokin',

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Because Indiana Jones didnt become a badass cause he had some bag skills :D

I would say whip is my preference when I am alone (or small groups). Bags would be much more convenient in a larger group setting. Having a portable Cano-esqe vape at a concert would be tits.

AGBeer,

max

Out to lunch
i noticed the whip really doesnt seem to get me as medicated as the bag vaporizer?
I don't know if this is the issue, but with bagged vapor, all you have to do is inhale it. The vape does all the work of producing the vapor. With most other vapes, including whip models, your draw speed is a factor in the vapor production. Direct draw generally provides a higher vapor to air ratio (richer hits) than you get with bags, but there's a learning curve there, to some degree. Taking vapor from a bag is foolproof-consistent results no matter what your vaping experience is.

Nycdeisel said:
To keep em in line, of course
:lol:

max,
Top Bottom