Who likes Seinfeld?

Spacenstein

Post here if you like Seinfeld! :) Maybe mention a favorite episode or something, too!

Spacenstein,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I use to like it a lot, but I got bored with the show at some point. Not sure why, I think the Seinfeld dude started annoying me.

Kramer will always be epic though.

OhTheAgony,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Seinfeld was seminal. You can see Seinfeld riffs and hooks in every sitcom since. The only show that comes anywhere near Seinfeld in the catch-phrases it gave us is The Simpson's.

pakalolo,

lwien

Talk about Seinfield, did anyone see his production of Colin Quinn's Long Story Short on HBO? It was originally a one man Broadway show. A history lesson that had me laughing out loud. Soooo good. Some small clips of it on youtube.

lwien,

lwien

charliedontsurf said:
I'm a huge ........Curb Your Enthusiasm fan, anyone know when a new season of Curb is due?

Yeah, me too. July 10th.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Damn. Figures; I don't get HBO. Looks like I'll have to wait until the season is released. He's got some good people with him this time. I think Ricky Gervais is great.

momofthegoons,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Yea comedy is a real passion of mine. Love seinfeld and curb. I also think the episode with ricky gervais will be great I really love ricky's shows the office and extras.

wowthisisrandom,

lwien

I really like Seinfield, Larry David, and Woody Allen. They all have a common thread with that weird self-deprecating humor that I think comes from their Jewish heritage. Every ethnic background brings with it certain traits, traditions and a certain way that they look at the world, so just out of curiosity, I wiki'd Jewish Comedians. Holy shit. Check this out, and don't stop at the first page. The list continues on a second page. 225 comedians, including classics like the Marx Bros and the Three Stooges. Granted, most of these guys are old timers or dead, but check out this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Jewish_comedians&pageuntil=Stein,+Ben Ben+Stein

lwien,
momofthegoons said:
Damn. Figures; I don't get HBO. Looks like I'll have to wait until the season is released. He's got some good people with him this time. I think Ricky Gervais is great.

Not to condone anything vaguely illegal, but there's thing called Bit torrent I once heard about, it's supposed to work pretty swell.

I don't think Larry'll come after you :lol: Also on the note of Gervais, I love the bizarre, awkward feeling of the British Office. Garrett and Michael's characters are such a Fing riot. But the American Office makes me want to gouge my eyes out. It's kind of like Scrubs, it's so bad it hurts.

Curb is so odd in a way, since I think they could get away with 99.5% of what they do on any given network, and he probably just liked HBO because they give him a blank check and free creative reign. It's not that raunchy a show. And has anyone noticed that Cheryl Hines is aging in reverse? She looks waaay finer than she did in season one, and she always looked good.

I love watching old Seinfelds now and seeing Larry David as all the random, BS characters. A rude pedestrian here, a movie ticket vender there, you know, and just laughing because you know it's Larry.

Hey Iwien, here's a challenge: I have a few hours and little Woody Allen exposure, what are the movies, shows or standups I need to see?

charliedontsurf,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
You dipped the chip, you took a bite........... AND YOU DIPPED AGAIN!!!!

If we weren't at a funeral, I'd knock your teeth out, you anti-dentite bastard.

Maybe the dingo ate your baby.

Serenity now!!!

No soup for you. Come back.......... 2 years.

Do women know about shrinkage?

Mandlebaum, Mandlebaum, Mandlebaum.

Oh yeah, well the jerk store called, and they're running out of you.

At that moment....... I was a marine biologist.

Albert Hofmann,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Who doesn't like Seinfeld? I celebrate Festivus now.
Colin Quinns history show was very well written. Tonight on HBO, they are doing a show called "Talking Funny". Seinfeld, Gervais, Louis C.K, and Chris Rock discuss comedy. Been looking forward to it.

Magic9,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
re Woody Allen suggestions - Take the Money and Run, Play It Again Sam, Bananas, Love and Death, What's Up Tiger Lilly? (watch this one first)

jeffp,

MG23

Relaxin'
Why do they call it ovaltine? The mug is round, the jar is round, they should call it roundtine.
That's gold Jerry! Gold!

MG23,
Top Bottom