WHITE vapor resin in water piece...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
last season i grew my own herb.. so this whole year that's mainly what i have been using... my water piece gets a white build up in it.. its weird... when i vape my herb through other pieces it leaves them w/ it too.. has any one else noticed this happening?? i didn't notice until it was pointed out to me.. i'm not sure what could be causing this.. all i know is i very lightly decarb'd a little bit and vaped w/ it and it made normal yellowish resin.. not sure what exactly to make of that
Any one have any ideas.. or has any one experienced this before?? it only happens to me when i vape the flowers i grew..

i have been mostly using oil through the piece lately, so there isn't any white build up ATM.. also i'm almost out of herb from this harvest.. i'll clean the piece and use just flowers through it... i'll try to get some pics soon of what i'm talking about..

Buildozer,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well do you use tap water .. And i've seen quite white BHO extracts so i guess it could be strain relevant . Most probably just useless wax.

Abysmal Vapor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've vaped Buildozer's weed several times and I can attest to the whiteness of the resin buildup on my glass. It's definitely a different color that what I usually get (more of a yellowy resin).

:peace:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Wellthe final flush must have been not long enough.... Well this is stoneage.. but i've heard that flushed weed leaves white ash and that loaded with nutrients gives black color :). (when burned)

Abysmal Vapor,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Well do you use tap water .. And i've seen quite white BHO extracts so i guess it could be strain relevant . Most probably just useless wax.
i'm using distilled water in the piece.. i think its just something about my herb.. i'm curious what it could be.. i made some bho from this herb, and it leaves resin on the glass almost the same color as the bho was(yellow)

Wellthe final flush must have been not long enough.... Well this is stoneage.. but i've heard that flushed weed leaves white ash and that loaded with nutrients gives black color :). (when burned)

that's how i used to judge good herb from good looking herb.. when i smoked.. white ash told me it was flushed good, and cured good... that's how i always looked at it anyway... i was using fish shit traps from a pond as nutrients ha.. maybe that's it hah.. it got flushed for at least a week still. maybe almost 2

Nosferatu

I think that is just particles falling in and getting soaked with water, or the pigment washed out. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Nosferatu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Not particles, no. It formed on the downstem of my devastator (quite a bit of buildup, actually) while using the Cloud. No particles have ever escaped one of my ELBs.

:peace:

Stu,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
ya i'm not worried about it... i haven't had problems the whole time.. i'm more curious than anything.. mainly because slightly decarbing made it yellow.. just wondering what that means.. or if any one has experienced what i'm talking about... i'll try to get a clear pic up soon.. it's just normal water pipe vapor resin but always is white..

Buildozer,
I've had strains that left nearly white vape resin, I never thought much of it. I'm hard-pressed to think of how it could be a sign of anything negative. Sounds like grower is trustworthy, and used very sensible organic methods. :)

djonkoman

the resin in my bong is mostly white too, needs a cleaning at the moment(about a week ago I think), and the buildup in the bong, beggining a few cm above the waterline, is white with soime darker specs from particulates. I only get that kind of buildup in combination with water, the residue on the glass liner of my WonG-stem, wich never gets in contactr with water, is more dark-honey/brownish

djonkoman,

Nosferatu

Dude mine is always white as well, and has been for years. It's nothing bad in the bud, seems to just be what happens when the particulates or waxes touch the water. I always assumed the water was leaching out the pigments, but who knows.

Nosferatu,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
the resin in my bong is mostly white too, needs a cleaning at the moment(about a week ago I think), and the buildup in the bong, beggining a few cm above the waterline, is white with soime darker specs from particulates. I only get that kind of buildup in combination with water, the residue on the glass liner of my WonG-stem, wich never gets in contactr with water, is more dark-honey/brownish
ya i only get that through the water... but i find that my bud doesn't vape as nice as stuff that leaves the glass w/ yellower resin..
i don't think its anything bad... iv'e been vaping it heavy for months exclusively... i'm doing fine..
@Nosferatu: i'm wondering why yours has always been white... for me its just w/ this batch so far.. stu pointed it out to me one day, i probably wouldn't have ever noticed.. but it got me wondering... i'm thinking maybe weed that is not Fully cured will do this?? that's my theory.. because mine missed like an extra few weeks of cure time... and it didn't quite meet my standards in that department... close though. also i know that my herb vapes a little more steamy, harsh.. than bud cured fully does.. there might be something to that?? when i decarboxylate very slightly it becomes smooth like fully cured bud is.. and it leaves the yellow resin in the water piece... i'm trying to understand the connection.. like what is it they(white resin buds) all have in common.

also my bud did get rained on too, right before harvest?? maybe that could have something to do w/ it?? i shook them out good and kept them in a very ventilated room w/ a fan.

Buildozer,

Nosferatu

Dude I think yellow and white are just close to eachother. My resin in the waterpipe has always been yellow to white, or both. Maybe it depends how long it has sit in their? I know my bud is fully cured, and I know uncured bud is harsher, but I have seen no connection between the two with resin color. The fact this is only happening with water goes to show it is probably the water having an effect on the leftovers in the downstem and waterpipe. I like your thinking but I believe you may be overthinking this.

Nosferatu,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Has the thought occurred that it may have to do with the maturity of the material?
As in most people harvest at milky white, others harvest at amber?
i wasn't sure but i had thought it could be related to THC-A content.. the idea of that led me to decarboxylate slightly and test... then i got the yellow resin.. my bud did get rained on and i was forced to harvest a little tiny bit early because of it.. but i thought it was close enough.. honestly THC-A content was my first suspicion.. i wanted to see if any one else brought it up too.. i suspect something like that because of the decarb results i had.

Dude I think yellow and white are just close to eachother. My resin in the waterpipe has always been yellow to white, or both. Maybe it depends how long it has sit in their? I know my bud is fully cured, and I know uncured bud is harsher, but I have seen no connection between the two with resin color. The fact this is only happening with water goes to show it is probably the water having an effect on the leftovers in the downstem and waterpipe. I like your thinking but I believe you may be overthinking this.
this stuff is quite white. it shows up white it doesn't become white over time..
this is just speculation on something i wonder about now and then... i don't mean to seem like i'm racking my brain trying to find anything to make sense.... there has to be a reason.. and understanding these things interest me... i was just listing any details so maybe it would give some more insight about the herb i've been dealing w/.. maybe it would spark some ideas... doesn't hurt to wonder though.. yanowuddimsayin

Buildozer,

Nosferatu

Oh I see what you're saying. You should upload a pic so we can all see how white it is to see the difference. Maybe its because I have never been a very color oriented person, but if you asked me what color my waterpipe vapor resin is, I would say light yellowish or offwhite. I doubt the white ash black ash thing translates here, but if anything it would seem(or I would hope) whiter resin means cleaner bud. Yellow or brown being the 'Black" of vaporizing if you know what I mean.

Nosferatu,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i have been using oil through the piece lately.. i just cleaned it today and i have at least a few grams of this herb left, i'll put up some pics tomorrow.. after if run some vapor through it... also i don't have the greatest camera so i'll do my best.. whether white or off-white.. i wouldn't call it yellow or yellow-ish.. i think white resin says something specific about the bud.. not sure what though.. i wouldn't say white equals white ash.. only because this herb is not the best.. i would think light yellow would be like white ash??

Buildozer,

djonkoman

I think mine has always been white(well, offwhite)
maybe it looks more yellow if you let it collect longer? or maybe it has to do with the light in wich you're looking at it? vapor can also look both blue and white depending on the light, and whispy and thick(with the same vapor)
I think it's unlikely that it has something to do with the color of the trichomes or the cannabinoidprofile, since in that case I would expect to see it in the vapor not in contact with water too.

maybe related with the temp you vape at?

djonkoman,
Reactions: Nosferatu

Nosferatu

And particles are getting through the VXC bowl LOL, trust me they are just very small.

Nosferatu,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i use an underdog w/ a fine screen set about an inch back... but even when i wasn't and i was experimenting w/ temps on the EQ it still turned white... i guess i don't get how the particles are playing into this, when i'm looking at it in front of me it looks like waxes or condensed vapor to me if anything.. i don't deny that tiny particles can get through, but i guess can't see it being the cause of what i'm talking about... so far early harvest makes the most sense to me.. based on my experience w/ this herb i have, and based on the decarb test making the vapor resin yellow... i just took a couple pics.. of what built up since last night so far..
3586z2x.jpg

2zg7rdt.jpg

maybe we are talking about the same color?? tomato, tomoto?:)

Buildozer,

SD_haze

I've always gotten white-ish resin on glass from vaporizing.
I usually am vaping a blue dream-y hybrid

SD_haze,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I've always gotten white-ish resin on glass from vaporizing.
I usually am vaping a blue dream-y hybrid
thanks that's interesting... my herb was supposed to be sour og... it was very sativa dominant w/ skinny long leaves.. maybe it is a strain relevant thing like abysmal said?

Buildozer,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
ok.. so i ran out of home grown like 4 or 5 days ago, or something... the herb iv'e been getting from dispensaries so far has started out white but not stood (off)white like my home grown did.. the club bud yellowed out.. been vaping indicas.

also the homegrown made the glass sweat and fog up like crazy from the first hit.. and it wouldn't go away... until the piece got cleaned.. i know that steam isn't uncommon.. but this steam is nothing like anything iv'e picked out from the clinic lately.. also i don't really see milk shots of super steamy pieces.. now the herb i'm vaping leaves the glass crystal clear(by comparison) hit after hit.. other than the resin build up. that's what i'm looking for in herb... it also hits way smoother.. and doesn't have a funk smell on top of normal vape resin smell..

- also i always did notice something w/ the resin that wasn't passed through water... it has an extra offensive funk to it IMO..i didn't bring it up because its pretty subjective.. but i spent a lot of time w/ that herb so i noticed these things consistently... after vaping so much of that herb i have no desire to vape any bud like that again.. it worked but i'd rather vape the best quality since i can.

i would like to understand what causes these, IMO, undesirable qualities so i can know how to avoid it in the future.. IMO these are qualities of bud that's not quite right.. not that it's not safe.. i guess i'm just picky haha.. this perfect bud i'm vaping now is MUCH more enjoyable than the home grown haha.. i'm glad i had it around.. but if i could go back i would hash it all

EDIT: something was just up w/ my herb.. it vaped a little funny IMO.. nothing i couldn't look past but nothing i want to go back to now that it's done haha... w/ my herb it could have been a number of things that made it IMO, not quite right... i wish i knew.. i see how the white can be totally unrelated though

Buildozer,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Just read this thread - the residue left on my glass is anywhere from a white tint to a yellowish green. I always thought that better batches just leaves more in volume - happens more often and quicker on my inline - :hmm:

Nosferatu

ok.. so i ran out of home grown like 4 or 5 days ago, or something... the herb iv'e been getting from dispensaries so far has started out white but not stood (off)white like my home grown did.. the club bud yellowed out.. been vaping indicas.

also the homegrown made the glass sweat and fog up like crazy from the first hit.. and it wouldn't go away... until the piece got cleaned.. i know that steam isn't uncommon.. but this steam is nothing like anything iv'e picked out from the clinic lately.. also i don't really see milk shots of super steamy pieces.. now the herb i'm vaping leaves the glass crystal clear(by comparison) hit after hit.. other than the resin build up. that's what i'm looking for in herb... it also hits way smoother.. and doesn't have a funk smell on top of normal vape resin smell..

- also i always did notice something w/ the resin that wasn't passed through water... it has an extra offensive funk to it IMO..i didn't bring it up because its pretty subjective.. but i spent a lot of time w/ that herb so i noticed these things consistently... after vaping so much of that herb i have no desire to vape any bud like that again.. it worked but i'd rather vape the best quality since i can.

i would like to understand what causes these, IMO, undesirable qualities so i can know how to avoid it in the future.. IMO these are qualities of bud that's not quite right.. not that it's not safe.. i guess i'm just picky haha.. this perfect bud i'm vaping now is MUCH more enjoyable than the home grown haha.. i'm glad i had it around.. but if i could go back i would hash it all

EDIT: something was just up w/ my herb.. it vaped a little funny IMO.. nothing i couldn't look past but nothing i want to go back to now that it's done haha... w/ my herb it could have been a number of things that made it IMO, not quite right... i wish i knew.. i see how the white can be totally unrelated though

Sounds like you just had a crappy batch, those effects seem to be from the bud having way to much moisture, which Iv'e observed causing the bong to steam up and give a very harsh hit. Some growers like to smoke bud just off the stem, and I can understand why, but for vaping it needs to be properly dried and cured to not have that "funk". Did you say this is your home grown having the problems? How did you grow it?

With my herb now I am getting no residue besides tiny particles of offwhite after extended use. If plant matter gets through it's more greenish/yellow. I don't think that really matters and I think we are all talking about the same thing. Just clean your piece daily and you won't ever see anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom