Which vaporizer to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBBi

First things first, greetings fuckcombustion community!

Here's my dillema,

My launch box should be here within the next 36 hours :D, and I want to decide which "at home" vape I'm going to buy. Price-point is somewhat of an important factor to me, but as long as this vape can last me for a long time it can hopefully pay itself off. I've looked at the Extreme Q mainly for its dual capabilities, and heard that digital might give out like all electrical appliances. The short warranty scares me a bit because it seems that they have little faith that it'll last.

My question to you guys is, which "at home" vaporizer should I buy? I will be bringing this bad boy little gatherings with friends, but that is probably the most it'll be messed with. Keep in mind longevity is important to me.

Thanks for the input!

iBBi,
s;hort warranty Q is lifetime heater element, 3 years on the other tings . i know mflb has gr8 lifetime warranty, yet eQ is ok, may b best out there?

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

iBBi

Any other responses? I'm still not sure if I've completely looked at all aspects of the at home vaporizer.

iBBi,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I would look into the Da Buddha and Silver Surfer and also vapes like Purple Days, Myrtle Zap, and Woodeez.

aesthyrian,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm sticking to my opinion that if you want a party vape then it should fill bags. I wouldn't rule out the Extreme because of its warranty, since it (the warranty) is as good or better than most, and their customer service is constantly praised around here. The Extreme can fill bags but it serves as a pretty good whip vape too, which is how I use mine.

The weak point in the Arizer hasn't been the electronics, it's the glass heater cover. It isn't expensive and you can replace it yourself, and in the Q they improved the mounting to minimize the problem. I should stress that while breaking the heater cover is probably the most common Arizer problem, most users manage not to break theirs. I broke mine, but I would not let that stop me from buying another Arizer. It's a fine vaporizer.

My recommendation is that you put off getting anything else until you have had a few days with the LB. Lots of people are happy with it as a home vape. It's not really meant for party use, but otherwise it can do the job.

pakalolo,
Thought I'd post in case you haven't purchased yet.

I've read some straight smack about the Extreme and the Extreme Q. For ONE thing, the fan is a goddamn fan out of a computer tower. For another, the wiring is direct exposure to the hot air stream which you are inhaling, which is completely batshit crazy. This is all information that I've read on this forum about a vaporizer I've never even seen in person, let alone used. But what I've heard is basically pretty damning, and it's not like the thing is cheap, you can get volcano classics for 420ish if you look around and that's not much more money for something made to the standards of a medical device versus a stoner's elctro-bong complete with 4 inch computer fan. :2c:

I think it was the venerable Stinkmiener who posted pictures of a Extreme with its casing off, and all I said is clearly visible. If it was 120 or something it might be acceptable but c'mon.

I can say I love my MFLB, but juggling batteries gets old. That one drawback is easily made up for by other advantages. Vapor genie classic/handcarved is a safe option too and very inexpensive.

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
Keep in mind longevity is important to me.
Longevity is a couple of years to some, and 8-10 to others, but for reliability the KISS rule applies. A simple analog dial control is gonna be more reliable than digital, long term. And as has been stated, glass has been an issue with the E as well. From that viewpoint, any number of analog whip models should last for many years. 7th Floor has had one or more units running non-stop for a half dozen years or more, and their hardware is more ergonomic and heavy duty than your typical box vape, so I'd give a :tup: to the DBV or SSV for whip only use.

A dual mode vape is nice for the option of bag fill or direct draw, and the Extreme, herbalAire, and Zephyr Ion are all good options. I've been a herbalAire user for years and although it's not comparable to a whip only vape for satisfying whip hits (the design is aimed more for bag use), or even the E if you use the elbow screen vs. the bowl, the vapor path does not go through the electronics, it's analog, and it's an outstanding buy these days on eBay at $160-170. Personally, I'd favor the DBV at this price point (richer hits than a dual mode model), since I prefer direct draw, but bags are definitely the easier method for newbies/group vaping.

max,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Dude. definitely look into the herbalaire. Check ebay for some low priced new models. I've been loving mine! Its really easy to use, vapes your herb beyond what ive ever been able to do with other vapes yet with no risk of combustion. dual functionality like EQ as well. Not as flashy with LCD or glass, but more durable because of this. Oh, and you dont have to grind your herb, which is really convenient never having to mess with a grinder. mines collecting dust ever since i got my HA. the hits are great direct inhale, and you can pump really thick bags. some of my smoker friends who werent impressed with my other vapes were blown away by teh HA when i pumped them some bags @ 400F. Everyone was coughin their lungs out and giggling like schoolgirls :lol: i personally start lower and ramp temp when its just me.

*edit* lol just read your post max. mine sounds like a bit of an echo now :lol:

steiner666,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
steiner666 said:
Dude. definitely look into the herbalaire. Check ebay for some low priced new models. I've been loving mine! Its really easy to use, vapes your herb beyond what ive ever been able to do with other vapes yet with no risk of combustion. dual functionality like EQ as well. Not as flashy with LCD or glass, but more durable because of this. Oh, and you dont have to grind your herb, which is really convenient never having to mess with a grinder. mines collecting dust ever since i got my HA. the hits are great direct inhale, and you can pump really thick bags. some of my smoker friends who werent impressed with my other vapes were blown away by teh HA when i pumped them some bags @ 400F. Everyone was coughin their lungs out and giggling like schoolgirls :lol: i personally start lower and ramp temp when its just me.

*edit* lol just read your post max. mine sounds like a bit of an echo now :lol:
Steiner, how would you compare the whip hits between the HA and the SSV? I have been toying with the idea of getting a bag vape for awhile, if the HA is in the same neighborhood the SSV is, that might take the win over the zephyr for me...

AgentofChaos,

steiner666

Serial vapist
AgentofChaos said:
Steiner, how would you compare the whip hits between the HA and the SSV? I have been toying with the idea of getting a bag vape for awhile, if the HA is in the same neighborhood the SSV is, that might take the win over the zephyr for me...

i love the whip hits on the HA. some ppl think the stock tubing is too narrow but i dont mind because i inhale slow anyways. Its definitely easier to use. Just load it and hit it till its done, no stirring or examining the herb, no risk of combustion. If given the choice between using one or the other for whip hits, i can't really imagine myself not choosing the HA for any reason.

steiner666,

gim

charliedontsurf said:

I've read some straight smack about the Extreme and the Extreme Q. For ONE thing, the fan is a goddamn fan out of a computer tower. For another, the wiring is direct exposure to the hot air stream which you are inhaling, which is completely batshit crazy. This is all information that I've read on this forum about a vaporizer I've never even seen in person, let alone used. But what I've heard is basically pretty damning, and it's not like the thing is cheap, you can get volcano classics for 420ish if you look around and that's not much more money for something made to the standards of a medical device versus a stoner's elctro-bong complete with 4 inch computer fan. :2c:

I think it was the venerable Stinkmiener who posted pictures of a Extreme with its casing off, and all I said is clearly visible. If it was 120 or something it might be acceptable but c'mon.

I'm not entirely sure this is accurate. Yes, there are electronics in the belly of the EQ vaporizer but at the time the air passes them it is NOT heated. You slam the device which you have not personally looked at and manage to provide misinformation as fact mixed with random immature insults.

What benefit does that provide to this forum?

gim,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
steiner666 said:
AgentofChaos said:

i love the whip hits on the HA. some ppl think the stock tubing is too narrow but i dont mind because i inhale slow anyways. Its definitely easier to use. Just load it and hit it till its done, no stirring or examining the herb, no risk of combustion. If given the choice between using one or the other for whip hits, i can't really imagine myself not choosing the HA for any reason.

I also prefer (and enjoy) the HA in whip mode, and use it that way most of the time, through a bubbler. Better than bag mode, imo.

While I did enjoy the stock whip, I found that I preferred a higher effective flow rate and simply use soft silicone tubing over the mouthpiece, instead. Then, I mate the tubing to the bubbler with an EQ, tubing to 18.8 elbow adaptor.

nicelytoasted,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Really? I'm surprised to hear that, based on the average user review and the fact the SSV is possibly the best whip style vape. Now you have me really intrigued, if the HA can deliver SSV style whip hits and fill bags, I can't imagine using my SSV ever again...

AgentofChaos,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
charliedontsurf said:
I can say I love my MFLB, but juggling batteries gets old. That one drawback is easily made up for by other advantages. Vapor genie classic/handcarved is a safe option too and very inexpensive.

The battery thing does kinda get old at home. Drives me kinda nuts that there's not a home adapter for the LB yet, but I know its a complicated issue.

I was originally going to get a log vape a week after my LB came, but I ended up falling in love with the it and decided to wait a couple months. Well, a couple months have gone by and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a log. I love the idea of it being all warm and ready to go whenever I want a hit. I eventually want to use the LB for when im mobile, log at home, and bag when friends are over.

I might consider an EQ, but not til my vapir craps out......and since I made a promise with the wife that I would wait til the vapir dies to get a new bag vape, im sure ill have the vapir that lasts for 10 years...3 years of pretty heavy use so far :)

JDSupreme,

iBBi

Down to Herbalaire, Zephry, and the Extreme Q.

Which one guys? Please tell me the good, the bad and the ugly about each vape. I'm engulfed with so many dual vapes. :uhoh:

edit: I've gotten my Launchbox about four days ago, and O-M-G is it good. I'd like to compare the high to my FIRST time. :o

iBBi,

max

Out to lunch
AgentofChaos said:
if the HA can deliver SSV style whip hits and fill bags, I can't imagine using my SSV ever again...
Whip hits on the HA are thin compared to the SSV. I've used both extensively and never had any desire to use the HA for direct draw. It'll do the job, but if you want big, rich whip hits the SSV blows the HA out of the water.

max,
gim said:
charliedontsurf said:

I'm not entirely sure this is accurate. Yes, there are electronics in the belly of the EQ vaporizer but at the time the air passes them it is NOT heated. You slam the device which you have not personally looked at and manage to provide misinformation as fact mixed with random immature insults.

What benefit does that provide to this forum?

I'm not trying to stir trouble, just alerting the OP that a model he is interested in has some possible problems.

You like the new Mercedes E class? Well I heard the suspension is troublesome and expensive.

Same thing. Our venerable member Stinkmeaner has posted in the EQ's post and elsewhere what the device looks like with its dress off, and the pictures don't look good. Whether or not the air is heated it shouldn't be exposed to wire and solder. And it does, again, use a computer fan, not a medical grade airpump. I just don't see how the device is worth what they charge. Herbalaire seems to have great reviews for a dual-use unit, that might be better.

How could you get insurance? Don't they know you're in the DANGER ZONE?!

charliedontsurf,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom