Which vapes for concentrates?

VirginHarvester

I bought an Iolite and it works pretty well. Now I want to get something for home but want to be able to vape concentrates alone or with herb- full melts and oils.

Is that possible?

Maybe there aren't any that do or maybe I'm going to have to get the less refined hashes instead.

Right now I'm looking at Da Buddha and Arizer V-Tower but definitely open to suggestions. I think a whip system will work best for me.

I've searched topics but did not find anything on concentrates.

Thanks.

VirginHarvester,

VirginHarvester

Thanks Mcdenton!

I was watching this demo of Da Buddha and wondering if I could load a little hash first into the whip then load some herb the vape. It doesn't seem like the hash would be a problem but I would probably have to expect to clean/replace the screens fairly often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvanMW9hwow

VirginHarvester,

Mckdenton

I recommended putting down a layer of bud then put ur hash on top of that. The word on the streets says that works well

Mckdenton,

VirginHarvester

Mckdenton said:
I recommended putting down a layer of bud then put ur hash on top of that. The word on the streets says that works well
So herb in first on the screen then some has on top of that? If I could do that without dumping that would be very helpful.

I also like the Arizer V-Tower but not sure I could use concentrates with it, It's slightly bigger/heavier and probably less durable than Da Buddha. But it looks like a nice machine. Manufacturer says it take 10 minutes to heat up but some posts suggest just a few minutes.

VirginHarvester,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
VirginHarvester said:
I also like the Arizer V-Tower but not sure I could use concentrates with it, It's slightly bigger/heavier and probably less durable than Da Buddha. But it looks like a nice machine. Manufacturer says it take 10 minutes to heat up but some posts suggest just a few minutes.

You can actually start vaporizing with the Arizer in about three minutes or less, depending on what temperature you've selected. As soon as the display shows you've reached it, you're good to go. The longer heat-up time is just recommended, not mandatory. The reason for the longer time is to ensure the glass is fully up to temperature. I usually heat at 240c for 15 minutes then drop it back to 160c, which is where I prefer to start. I have, however, hit it with plenty of success after about three minutes.

pakalolo,

VirginHarvester

pakalolo said:
You can actually start vaporizing with the Arizer in about three minutes or less, depending on what temperature you've selected. As soon as the display shows you've reached it, you're good to go. The longer heat-up time is just recommended, not mandatory. The reason for the longer time is to ensure the glass is fully up to temperature. I usually heat at 240c for 15 minutes then drop it back to 160c, which is where I prefer to start. I have, however, hit it with plenty of success after about three minutes.

Sounds like 3 minutes to get to a lower vape temp is about right from other reports. I would be happy with that. However, I went ahead and ordered DBV because I think it will hold up better for the way I'll use it- I'll set up, vape, cool down and put it away after most sessions and I think DBV is build for that. I don't think it's better overall than V-Tower, just more durable and simpler. If I were going to keep it on the table and have friends over V-Tower would have been my choice.

Thanks for the help. I'll report back on the DBV and concentrates.

VirginHarvester,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Put a mouse pad under the wand/bowl or you'll smash your new toy in short order when the wand pulls out during use.

IMO, not to derail the DBV, but for any kind of concentrate you should have considered the earlier suggestion of the Essential VAAAPP. http://essentialvape.com

DeepFried,

VirginHarvester

DeepFried said:
Put a mouse pad under the wand/bowl or you'll smash your new toy in short order when the wand pulls out during use.

IMO, not to derail the DBV, but for any kind of concentrate you should have considered the earlier suggestion of the Essential VAAAPP. http://essentialvape.com

Yeah but looking to vape flowers and concentrates, together if possible. Perhaps the EV down the road though.

I did try a full melt and bud with DBV and it worked reasonably well. I just got it today and not sure I have temp and technique down yet for that.

Yesterday I filled a bowl on my Iolite and melted a drop of wax in with it. Seemed to have worked real well- bowl is spotless.

VirginHarvester,

TheVaporDaddy

dont buy the Essential VAAAPP its just a fancy crackpipe , and its 80 bucks!! for a vile with a friggin peice of plastic attached , anyway i use a box style vape and vaping concentrates in it have never failed for me , even honey oil :) i also bought a conduction vaporizer a week ago for oil but havent got my hands on any yet :p

TheVaporDaddy,
Top Bottom