Which vape would you buy, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive used various vaporizers before and have always liked them. Even bought one of the cheap 50 dollars ones, but it was terrible and quickly got given to a friend who's landlord was shitting on him for smoking in his apartment. So, now Im in the market for a quality vaporizer that will hopefully become my full time smoking solution. Im willing to spend between 200-400 bucks and Im looking for one to just keep at home, it doesn't need to be portable. I was pretty set on the arizer extreme-q, but then I found this site and quickly became overwhelmed with what seemed to be a bunch of excellent choices. So FC, if you could go back and do it all over, what would be the first vaporizer you would buy and why?

edit: doh, just noticed the ask fc thread which I had completely missed when looking for tips.

fucking potheads.

mod note: Duly noted & moved ;)

Dooleynoted,

ak47bluntz

get the 710 pen it destroys the gpen. i own a 710 pen and the way its descending from the small circular metal bowl that slowly allows the oil to drip on to the heating coil producing massive hits while at the same conserving ur wax. Also worth mentioning is it has a digital display that comes in handy the vap pen last me about 2 days without charging i get about 360 hits before it dies. i paid 100 for the vap pen but ive seen them going for about 75 online. Oh worth mentioning u could buy a smoking buddy and that will get rid of the weed smell works everytime.

ak47bluntz,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Ive used various vaporizers before and have always liked them. Even bought one of the cheap 50 dollars ones, but it was terrible and quickly got given to a friend who's landlord was shitting on him for smoking in his apartment. So, now Im in the market for a quality vaporizer that will hopefully become my full time smoking solution. Im willing to spend between 200-400 bucks and Im looking for one to just keep at home, it doesn't need to be portable. I was pretty set on the arizer extreme-q, but then I found this site and quickly became overwhelmed with what seemed to be a bunch of excellent choices. So FC, if you could go back and do it all over, what would be the first vaporizer you would buy and why?

edit: doh, just noticed the ask fc thread which I had completely missed when looking for tips.

fucking potheads.
Up to $400? The Cloud is your absolute best bet. You can hit it hard and it still gives you insane vapor. You can hook it up to a bong out of the box (I believe it's an 18mm joint, don't quote me on that though), it features an all glass pathway, it has a water hydrator tube thing (like a mini bong attachment), and gives you insane vapor. It's regarded as one of the best vapes money can get you short of the Volcano. Not to say that the Volcano is the be all end all... every vaporizer is good at certain things.

Another piece to look at is the Silver Surfer Vaporizer. A very sturdy "work horse" of a vaporizer, people use it as a daily piece for years and it delivers consistently. It's whip-only. The hose piece is at an angle so it doesn't pull out as easily, too.

The Extreme Q can be had for as little as $160 on ebay, and does both whip and bag. It's also a very good vaporizer.

There's a few "log-style" vapes like the UnderDog, HI (Heat Island), Wychwood (UK), Hot Pod (Aus) that are able to be run 24/7. Some have been on for years now apparently and work just as well as they did at first. Regarded as the most efficient vaporizer in terms of delivered "goodies." You can get some nice clouds from .05g loads.

Then there's portables but I don't think you'd get what you want from them. Maybe the Inhalator/Pax/Solo?

Now... what would I get? Well, I got the Magic Flight Launch Box as my first vaporizer. It was kind of an impulse buy, I had the money to spend and decided to go get it immediately or else I wouldn't ever get it. 2 hours later I was stoned as fuck telling myself how great of an investment it was. I did the math, and I vape around .3g of medical stuff a day. On the "heavy" days. Lately it's been more like .2 with ~.1 of bubble hash throughout the trenches. It's great, I've been using this thing every single day for 10 months straight now (with 2 days of non-use total) and I still get lit from a trench. If I could go back in time I wouldn't stop myself from getting a Launch Box. Maybe, if I could keep the knowledge of having used it, I would go for the Solo to try something new out. I love/"need" portables because I'm on the move a lot and I never know when I'll need it. It's more complicated to use a desktop vape sitting shotgun than it is to whip out a Launch Box!

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: ShipDit

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
If I had to do it all over again I would start with either a Zap or a HI/Toasty Top or a UD. The Zap is not available atm, & there is a 6 month waiting list for the HI, so that probably leaves the UD (Underdog) unless you are willing to wait that long or already have another vape to tie you over for the time being.

Why? Because of the big dense satisfying vapor clouds they provide, they work well with small amounts of weed and they're so easy and quick to use, plus they easily pair up with waterpipes.

I'd take a little time to decide though, there are so many different vapes and so many different people with different preferences, it can really pay off to do some research & for that you're in the right place already :tup:

Enjoy FC!

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
I was pretty set on the arizer extreme-q
It's dual mode so a good choice if you're actually going to use bags. If not, then not the best choice. Without knowing more info on what you prefer, I'd recommend the Da Buddha (DBV) by 7th Floor. It's the best whip vape in its price range IMO. You can get it under $200. And if you ever want to move to another model, it's easy to resell.
ak47bluntz said:
get the 710 pen it destroys the gpen.
I can tell you like it, but why would the OP be interested? He's not looking for a e-cig style portable. Suggesting somethng like this, for someone's full time vaping solution, is not good advice. It's a stealthly portable, not a daily driver for home use.

max,

NewVape

What a guy!
I use 2 vapes essentially. On my desk I keep a CRZ it was my second vape and has been on 24/7 since April with zero problems. My "garage" Vape is a LSV which is made by the guys at 7th Floor, who also make the SSV and DBV. Both are excellent vapes.

The CRZ is extremely efficient and a real work horse for something only 4 inches tall, it also blends in nicely with the stuff on my desk and doesn't scream "Hi I'm for vaporizing Marijuana!". Sadly as pointed out no longer available, and I'm looking at the UD as another indoors log vape.

The LSV is a real power house that works great with my bubblers. It is a much heavier hitter then my CRZ and gives large clouds and is very versatile. I can use it with the glass wand or with a WPA. It's definitely the one I putt out when guests are over. Simple to use and seriously built. So as far as the 7th Fl. stuff I can only say good things about them.

I think you're on the right track here good luck and let us know what you decide.

NewVape,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

If i didn't own a vaporizer already then i'd want to buy one which is based on this technology:

Induction Vaporizer (based on "Curie" alloys)

Magnetic Induction Vaporizer (pages 22 to 38)

The document from above suggests that there's room for more experimentation than it seemed last year, i just wish i had seen it before today... Well, at least i can argue i wasn't the only one to think of induction, with the difference perhaps that i'm also curious about self-regulation via the Currie effect, specifically.

:science:

If i'm not mistaking such electronic appliances can reach the KiloWatt range, which is plenty of power for our favourite purpose. The heating element itself would be practically indestructible and yet as fast as the halogen bulb of an Aromed, for example. The shape of the vaporization chamber appears to be wrong and i doubt the author used a "Currie" alloy, proper layout & materials would cause some improvement over the suggested setup i believe.

:peace:

Egzoset,
hey everyone, thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I had never really considered the possibility of hooking a vape up to a water pipe and am no planning on doing that. From what I see you can do it with any hose that fits the attachments. Im pretty sold on the social aspect of the bags so I definitely want something with a blower, sooo from the reading Ive done here I think Im going to see how the arizer actually handles with a nice whip to connect to my bongs. cheers for the advice everyone.

Dooleynoted,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom