Which Vape to Buy or Stick to Bong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoorah

A while ago I bought the Vapir Mini Oxygen Portable and it sucked, before that I use to have a glass bong (smallish) that cost around $25 and 2 bowls would get me pretty high in about 20mins. This crappy little thing is like 2 hours and it still barely does shit all so I will ebay it.

I've tried making oil, i got super high but at a dose about 5x as much as i'd like to eat or mix. So the question is, do I buy a vape (money is no object but the Volcano is just too expensive) or another $30 bong?

Doesn't need to be portable or new tech, just tried and tested and loved and worth the money, $200-$300 would be ideal and reliable build quality.

My weed is not skunk, it's all dry block weed here in thailand, isn't no where near as strong as skunk and chronic but it did the job in a bong (about 2-3 bowels more than good USA/UK weed).

Haven't had a good nights sleep in lon ass time :mad: and it isn't tolerance because I haven't touched any weed in about 3 months.

Oh and the reason I wanted a Vape is because i'm not a smoker and I do care about being healthy

mod note: Posts merged. Please use the edit button available in every post, to add to a post. We don't allow back to back posts. It's a rule- Rules page

hoorah,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Yeah, you should buy a vape. Definitely.

I expect you're about to get a torrent of recommendations for all different models, but it seems to me that you're in need of something big and heavy hitting to substitute that bong hit. A 7th Floor Silver Surfer or Da Buddah is where my money would go if I were you right now. :2c: Tried, tested, hard wearing, simple and the right price range. And you can still use it with a bong for that 'old school' feeling.

I expect you're going to get a load of log vape recommendations, but I'd advise against that. If you've got thai weed then I think you'd want to load big bowls. Log vapes aren't the best for that.

WatTyler,

technique

I'm a ex smoker who thought a cheaper desktop vape was rubbish and didn't work and then I got the SSV and I haven't been happier or higher lol.

You need to understand that the high from a vape is not the same as a combusted high and it may take you a couple of weeks to fully adjust to it. When i first got into vapeing I gave up smoking completely for health reasons but for the first couple of weeks I would swear that the high was not as intense or as deep set.

After vaping exclusively for a month or so I find the opposite to be true and don't think a combusted high can come close to a vaped experience.

For me personally high vapor to air ratio was important, as a smoker i really didnt like the weaker vapor as it didn't satisfy me, and obviously the ability for it to hit hard was important.

I love my SSV and wouldn't go a day without it but look into log vapes also as they are very popular but like the previous post I vote for the SSV.

What your smoking sounds like what we call weed here in the UK (skunk is also referred to as weed in the absence of this stuff lol) I have never vaped it but in my experience it is much less of a body high but a still a very nice smoke.

technique,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
^^^ What Wat said above. Get a heavy hitter.

I have vaped Thai Weed and it was great. This was decent stuff but it definitely tasted better vaping then smoking it (I had an 'emergency' stash of it when I changed from smoking to vaping).

I would personally say you should make the switch and save your lungs. Maybe the DBV (DaBuddha) is a good way to go. It's on the lower price range, but from what a lot of people say, a solid and good functioning unit. Have a read up and see what other people think DBV Thread

J.R.R.Tokin',

lwien

I agree with all the recommendations above. If a heavy hitter is what you're after, either the Silver Surfer or Da Buddha would be hard to beat.

lwien,

darkrom

Great Scott!
There are SO MANY heavy hitters in that price range. The best part is you can milk that fucking bong just like it was smoke :D

PERSONALLY (before I get flamed this is MY opinion) I think vapir products are total shit. I think if you base your opinion on that little vape you will be very disappointed.

Da Buddha gets my vote for you. Even though I don't own one anymore, it seriously kicked ass!

darkrom,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
People do swear by Da Buddha and from what i read its pretty solid. I went with the SSv and have no regrets at all. The only regret is why was i combusting for sooo long?

YoGranMazPimp,

weedemon

enthusiast
becasue the quality isn`t up threre for you I would advise against a log or any vape that isn`t able to do larger quantities.

I think a SSV, DBV or LSV would suit you nicely. maybe the S&B Plenty would be another good option for you.

weedemon,

caseball2051

you could take that low grade herb and make concentrates with it. there are alot of newer concentrate vapes on the market.

i woudl also advise agaisnt the log vapes if you get low grade herb.

caseball2051,

Qbit

cannabanana
I had a nice long stay a while back in Cambodia, at a guest house with a resident Volcano. So I went through a good amount of the local herb, which is I'm sure is more-or-less just like the stuff you'd be getting. And that weed vapes fine, but yeah since it's generally of lower potency you'd best get one of the heavier-hitting models rather than a classic log vape or whatever.

Qbit,

weedemon

enthusiast
making it into a concentrate isn't a bad idea at all either! you can still make great concentrates with lower potency stuff. it's the yield that will be hit

weedemon,

Qbit

cannabanana
And by the way, no offence, but rocking up to a site called FuckCombustion, which is all about vapes, and then asking whether it would be better to stick to a bong ... is just dumb. ;)

But yeah, vaping is in fact especially good in your case, since it is an even bigger improvement over smoking for low-potency weed than it is for high-potency weed. It reduces the amount of crap you inhale even more, since you need to burn more plant material to get the same effect with the low-grade stuff, but vapes leave all that plant material unburned.

mod note: In the future please find a less insulting way to make the point in your first statement. Something like 'ill advised' instead of dumb.

Yeah no problem. Now that I read it again, it doesn't quite convey the humorous tone I had intended.

Qbit,
I'll be the first person to go against the grain here and say that a log may actually work for you. Not just any log, but the HI (or perhaps the Underdog, but international users seem to have trouble finding the ideal power supply for it). Historically, the "log vape" category is associated with small-medium flavorful hits packing tiny bowls at a time - this is true of the PD, and to some extent the CRZ, which I believe hits a little harder than the PD.

The HI, on the other hands, allows you to pack significantly more herb into a single bowl and has a hotter operating temp, and by all accounts so far (including my own) is a "heavy hitter." I've never even packed what I would consider a full bowl in my HI, and drawing for more than a few seconds on a fresh bowl delivers dense vapor in a bigger quantity than my lungs can handle.

The HI is very new and owned by relatively few so far, but I'm sure some HI owners could compare it to an SSV/DBV.

If hits are equal (and again, someone who owns an SSV and a HI would need to confirm this), the HI would have the advantage in terms of size, stealth and portability (it's freaking tiny compared to other log vapes, and even tinier in comparison to an SSV).

OKcomputer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm going to second that ^^

I'm one of those 220V users that has some problems with the EU UD PSU (I know I know, figure it out, lol), and I've owned a SSV in the past (twas my daily driver for 8 months). Ime the DBV/SSV have absolutely nothing on the new generation logs. When I do get my UD up to the temps I like it is an absolutely mind blowing cloud machine and from what I gather from the reviews and videos the HI performs very similar. Big plus with these (imo) is that you no longer need a clumsy whip, and have a shorter air-path to boot. As another bonus it is much easier to conserve your product with them as well.

I probably won't get a lot of love for the following statement, but in my experience the new logs make the DBV/SSV somewhat if not completely obsolete.

OhTheAgony,

jaynick

id start with a solo or a extreme Q. ive had many and almost every newbie and experienced vaporhead ive used mine with can dig em

OO

Technical Skeptical
while the point of whether vaping is healthier than smoking is debatable, i will leave that point be.

if you're coordinated the supreme, if not the herbalaire.

there's a multitude of other options out there, as well as constructing your own device.

but those two are straightforward and effective.

OO,

scottio19

scotty
OhTheAgony said:
I probably won't get a lot of love for the following statement, but in my experience the new logs make the DBV/SSV somewhat if not completely obsolete.

I completely agree. Next-gen logs are like SSV's stuffed into a package a fraction of the size! More durable, more portable, better in almost every aspect.

scottio19,

Qbit

cannabanana
OO said:
while the point of whether vaping is healthier than smoking is debatable, i will leave that point be.

Debatable? Are you serious? If there's anything that we've come to agree on here at FC is that vaping is quite clearly far less taxing on your system than smoking. Time and time again we have new vapourists telling us how much better they feel after quitting or vastly cutting down on the smoking. Not to mention all the scientific explanations for why this would be the case.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
scottio19 said:
OhTheAgony said:

I completely agree. Next-gen logs are like SSV's stuffed into a package a fraction of the size! More durable, more portable, better in almost every aspect.

Well, as an SSV owner, I look forward to the day when it will be outdated, and my old PD has certainly given me an appreciation for the value of log vapes. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but log vapes are all still fixed-temperature units, and I like variable temperature. But switching wall-warts is inconvenient, and variable voltage power supplies are generally large and expensive.

Qbit,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You should get in line for the HI, Qbit. I haven't tried one myself, but it looks like they might be up your alley.

:peace:

Stu,

max

Out to lunch
The OP has had two days to follow up on his thread and he's a no show, so it goes to ABV. :/

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom