Which portable vape is right for me?

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Surprised the Milaana hasn't been mentioned yet.

IMO it's one of the better if not the best unit for the usage you describe. It has enough power and versatility for whatever type of hit you want. Super simple to use. Great flavor.

Possibly not as discreet as the hopper, but more reliable, cooler vapor, better taste, and no distracting lights.

For quick on-demand hits nothing I've used beats it.

I think that was not mentioned due to cost being a factor. Also, is that available in UK?

yogoshio,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
One things for sure, "portable" means different things to different people. Some people want something to leave in their pocket, some in their car, some in their backpack, and some just want to be able to walk out to their backyard without being tied down to a cord.

Hell, my buddy claims the Volcano is portable because he can drag a bag anywhere through the house. He brought a filled bag in the car on his last trip to the airport :clap:

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

I think that was not mentioned due to cost being a factor. Also, is that available in UK?
I had to get one from the U.S as its only available there or from Canada, it was worth it though 100%.

As for U.K available vapes I would look at the CFV for the usage described if the Milaana wasn't an option.
And Vapefiend have it available I think.

little maggie

Does the vapcap really look like a vaporizer? I prefer the larger ones but the small wood ones for $159 seem very stealthy to me. They are only a few inches long and although they use butane it takes only a few seconds with a regular lighter. Unless you're in a public area with a lot of people would others even know what you were doing when holding the lighter to the tip of the small wood piece? It is also very mild- the only vape I can use without water.
I love the Milaana and it doesn't look like a vape to people who have never run into one but it is a bit larger than you want.
No one has mentioned the firewood yet. It is very small and fairly mild.

ZC

Yeah the FW4 is pretty incredible. Very small and powerful, easy to swap batteries, capsule system, effortless to use with water. It's a big winner in my book. The unfinished versions are incredibly cheap for how good of a vape it is, but I think you have to get the battery and charger separate unless you get the full package. (Which I'd recommend getting anyways.)

The vapcap gets recommended in nearly every thread these days, and while it is a great vape I'm hesitant to recommend it so generally. It's just not a one size fits all vape in my eyes I guess.

justaguy88

Wow, so many replies! Thank you everyone :).

I might not sound like I like any of these vapes recommended, but I do! I just need to have a long think about which one will suit me best.

I've always liked the Arizon Air. Flowermate's design looks like they thought about portability a bit more, and not as an afterthought. These two are close contenders for me.

Pax 2 wih the addons to shrink the bowl size would be the most stealthy, although the addons add to the price :(.

The GH is cool, but £200 makes me feel bad spending that much.

VapCap I'm liking more and more, it's a cool design, cheap and is a one hitter. I guess it can look discrete if I buy the more expensive wood one. I may just get the cheap glass one(along with another electric vape), because it's so cheap, portable, and looks like it could come in handy.

I'm unfamiliar with the Milaana, so will have to look into that one :).

So far for me then, it's a toss between the Arizer Air, Flowermate, and VapCap. They're all cheap enough to not feel guilty about buying, and are portable, and discrete. The pax is a contender if I want to splash the cash.

justaguy88,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I read through this entire thread wondering why nobody had mentioned the firewood 4, until the last few posts when sanity arrived.

To me, looking at the OP's requirements, the fw4, (or a fw3 second hand if you can find one), fit the bill perfectly.

With the capsule, it's fill it and place in pocket. Pull out, choose temp, hit once or twice and put it back in your pocket. The choice of 4 temps leaves little chance of combustion, and it could also pass as an ecig for stealth (although being so small and self contained this is not necessary)

The mflb is also the most stealth vape of all time, in my opinion. Even now with all the competition i think it still remains stealth king, but fw3 (and others) can be better if you want bigger hits.

Vapenvy,

natural farmer

The obvious answer is Grasshopper for me but if you are such a lightweight the MFLB could do just fine.
Grasshopper is not that hot... Especially with short hits, half-packed bowls and low temps. The added bonus of the Grasshopper is that mating it with a glass piece transforms it into one of the hardest hitting vapes out there! It hits so hard it can be potentially dangerous for some... :ko:

natural farmer,

BigJohnny

Gotta be a Vapcap Ti Woody, even though you said no butane. With the right lighter it takes 2-3 seconds to warm up, couple of draws and you're done.

BigJohnny,

Baron23

The vapcap gets recommended in nearly every thread these days, and while it is a great vape I'm hesitant to recommend it so generally. It's just not a one size fits all vape in my eyes I guess.

I agree and I LOVE Vapcaps and George/DyanVap. But it does seem to get thrown out there a good bit as the universal bolt that fits all nuts. LOL

It has its place, a well earned prominent one IMO, but it is not necessarily the solution for every vape inquiry/use case. Although for a whopping $35, I suggest everyone buy and try a VapCap OG.

Baron23,
Reactions: ZC

little maggie

The MFLB was my first vape. I think there are better ones out there. I have a firewood 3 that I don't use. The capsule system is great for stealth and portability but I don't vape in public so those are unnecessary for me. However it may be perfect for you.
The Milaana is great and is stealthy but is quite a bit larger than the firewood.

little maggie,
Top Bottom