• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Which Kind Of Cellphone Do You Use?

Which Kind Of Cellphone Do You Use?

• Total voters

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'd have tried it if they didn't lock the bootloader on verizon!

I just got mine, has an audio problem. I went through 3 galaxy nexus' in 3 months and the day I get my S3 I find it was 1 of a thousand recalled units. That's some luck right there. Lol

mvapes,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
After having an iphone for four years, i jumped ship and bought a GS3. LOVING it so far and is a huge upgrade from my iphone4. Its going to take hours to fully get the hang of it but this phone is awesome. Battery life isnt as good as the iphone but is very acceptable.

tranceporter,

Jurassic

Iphone for life, even though i've never been a huge fan of Apple and tried the samsung galaxy 2 and looked at the 3. For me it's all about the screen resolution (retina screen) because I do alot of reading and have better than 20/20 eyesight so can see down to the spec. There is no screen that comes even close to the retina, including the new sammy. Try holding them side by side, and you'll see. Presently have the iphone4 and looking forward to the i5.

Jurassic,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Iphones are too dumbed down. Even with a jailbreak. Apple has become very complacent. They dont have to be conpetitive wheb some people will buy an iphone for life no matter if its inferior in MANY ways to androids. I loved all my iphones but Samsung is now king.

Jurassic

As I mentioned, for some, it's all about the SCREEN. Until Samsung can match the resolution and quality, I will stick with Apple, even though I hate all their proprietary BS. Furthermore, i'm not sure on the new SG3 (which I personally think is TOO big), but I remember the SG2 build quality being greatly inferior (cheap plasticky) in comparison. People will buy an iphone for life for good reason, because it's the best.

Jurassic,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
It was the standard now its far behind in everything but the miniscule retina display. My stock S3 has way more useful, intuitive, and customizable (gasp!) features that even a jailbroken iphone cant match. A rooted android is LIGHTYEARS ahead of IOS. All those "new" features apple implements into their archaic operating system has been on androids for years.

I was holding out for the Iphone5 but i know it wont touch the S3 as an overall package. Until Apple removes its head from its own ass and actually try to be competitive, I wont be going anywhere near any Apple product. IOS is old and too dumbed down for any real tech head. The iphone was my first, only, and last Apple product. Its still a great phone but leaves WAY too much to be desired.

-Written by a former owner of the first gen, 3G, 3GS, and 4.

tranceporter,

Jurassic

You just said it, "tech head"...you think the average consumer is a tech head? The average consumer is dumb, and doesn't want to customize the shit out of anything, they just want the product "to work", and apple does that VERY well. The iPhone5 will sell like flippin hotcakes and will kick ass. The screen isn't "miniscule", it will be 4" I believe, and it's a phone for crying out loud, the SG3 is gigantic to the point of looking like a mini tablet. Oh yeah, apparently Apple will also be releasing a mini tablet and new ipod nano, because again, they dominate that market.

Not everyone wants to jailbreak their phones, I did it bunch of times and while it was fun to say I can get an $80 garmin or tomtom app for free, overall I could care less and don't JB anymore. I don't really use ANY apps, I use it as a phone, gps, email, and to browse the web. And for that, IMHO it doesn't work or LOOK any better than that.

The I4 is my first smartphone, and i'm OCD with research and spent many, many hours if not days comparing the very phone you now have. I won't even both mentioning battery life or durability. My iphone has sustain at least 8 drops anywhere from shoulder height to waist heigh on concrete, ashpalt, hardwoods, and even a slowed down fall (by my cat like reflexes!) on to ceramic floor, and is absolutely FLAWLESS. I bet the samsung would have shattered like the cheap plastic that it is.

Jurassic,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
All i said was that its not for me anymore and the android is superior in just about every way possible. Iphones are great forthe average consumer and and an android is better.

tranceporter,

Jurassic

Perhaps if you have bad eyes, as there is no way in hell the samsung screen is better than the retina. Maybe bigger, but bigger isn't always better :brow:

Regardless, different strokes for different folks, and like this forum " there is no "best" phone ".

Jurassic,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
It pretty much speaks for itself when the only thing iphone guys bring up in defense is the resolution on their screen which most people cant appreciate anyway. Enjoy your iphone.

tranceporter,

Jurassic

lol there are a tonne of other things, but i'm done here because it's pointless and the thread has already been derailed enough. enjoy your viruses. Peace out.

You sound like someone who would trash the LSV, because of the Pax lol

Jurassic,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
The LSV is my all time favorite so thanks for trying to diagnose me but you fail. The LSV is more android like as it has many features such as direct draw, wpa, and a torchless lighter. The Pax really only does one thing but it does it extremely well.

tranceporter,

Jurassic

Curious why you sold it? I've been considering it.

EDIT: OOPS, just saw your post in the LSV thread, please take the dialgue there should you choose to answer. thanks!!

Jurassic,

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
Sorry I Didn't see that earlier. I simply love it , smartstay function is not perfect but it's ok. It's incredibly fast ( to boot and to run apps and ICS. The form factor is perfect for me and i just couldn't go with a smaller screen now because it's so comfortable

Hey guys, just wanted to update my feedback on the Galaxy S3, as I recently had to change for a new phone.
The S3 is a great phone with great power, the problem (as usual) comes from the battery, which has a quite short lifetime.
As my carrier proposed me a new phone for almost nothing, I changed my phone. But I changed the battery of the S3 and i'm now intenting to sell it.

f2j,

SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
I Have owned a couple smartphones,but they couldn't handle my construction jobs.
Now I just use a rugby2 flip phone it haven't broken in 3 years or so

SpruceGruve,

HugieLewis

I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion
Since this thread got bumped and all.....we are due for new phones in August. Finally. My Galaxy S3 has seen better days. Any recomendations? Only requirement is no apple products.

HugieLewis,

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
Have you heard about the OnePlus ? (http://oneplus.net/)
Android based (CyanogenMod in fact),
1080p screen
Sony 13Mpixels lens / 4K video recording
CPU Snapdragon quad-core 2.5Ghz
The price : 299euros for the 64Go version

it will be available soon (Q2 they said)

f2j,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
We all have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, me, my husband, and our daughter.

Vicki,
Reactions: z9

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I Have owned a couple smartphones,but they couldn't handle my construction jobs.
Now I just use a rugby2 flip phone it haven't broken in 3 years or so
I'm using an iPhone 5. My job is very active and there is a lot of dirt and grease and mechanical stuff and 1000 ways to kill a phone, including falls from great height. I use an Otterbox Armor Series. This case is nearly BULLETPROOF. I have used the phone with case to block up a heavy weight with no issue. Resists up to 2 tons of force. It is waterproof (30 minutes @6.8')so when it gets dirty I just spray some cleaner on it and wash in the sink. (Love to see my co-workers faces when I casually wash my phone). It can take a fall to concrete from 10'.
I would highly recommend an otterbox Armor Series no matter what phone you use.

thesoloman

I've been hating smartphones for a long time, i recently caved and bought a NEC Terrain, and i love it, it is ruggedized and water proof, touchscreen with a full keyboard, need i say more? Its so nice to be able to wash your phone off under running water when it gets dirty.
att-nec-terrain-ss.jpg

thesoloman,
Reactions: DieHard
Top Bottom