• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Which Kind Of Cellphone Do You Use?

Which Kind Of Cellphone Do You Use?

• Total voters

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Most folks are passionate about their cell phones. Whether you are an Android user or in the IPhone cult, which I am.

I love my IPhone 5S, I bought it last summer. I have no plans on exchanging or getting a new phone at this time. I have insurance on it, in case it gets dropped. I also have it in a protective type of case, assuring nothing will harm my cell phone. The apps that are available have helped with my cameras capabilities and my ability to take wonderful pictures. It's a very easy cell phone to use. That's good for me because technology isn't one of the things that I know best.

I am the last person normally to get a new high tech piece of technology. I know others probably have strong feeling regarding their cell phones. I have an IPad also. It's so easy to use. I have plans on exchanging it for another when my battery gets too bad off. I've had it for 2 1/2 years.

I find my IPhone is my office away from home. I can take my (Itunes) music with me wherever I go. I love the FaceTime feature to check in with my friends and family, whether they are near or far away.

I know many will be buying the new IPhone 6. I will wait a while. I am happy with what I have.

mod note: Threads merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
We all have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, me, my husband, and our daughter.

Hubby and I just upgraded our AT&T Next Plan this past Friday. Hubby now has a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows phone, and love it so far! I needed a new laptop too, so I decided to get a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. I think they will compliment each other nicely. :nod:

CarolKing

@Vicki - I tried staring another thread with the same idea today. I guess I'll just post here. I already had stated I have an IPhone 5 S. I bought it last summer and really have enjoyed it over the past year. I can FaceTime with friends and family also take my ITunes wherever I go. I have access to great apps, the camera is wonderful with the new app I downloaded for closeup shots.

I don't feel an need to upgrade to the IPhone 6. I know many who can't wait to get the newest tech gadget. I am satisfied with the phone that I have.

EDIT
I didn't know this thread existed?

Last edited:

lwien

2MKuBdH.jpg

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Got rid of my Droid Incredible 2, the only incredible thing about it was how much power it sucked down, and received a Samsung Galaxy S4 as a ZERO dollar upgrade. Free is a very nice price . . . :nod:

Fulvic

I've had my Nexus 5 for a little over 8 months and it is by far the best phone I've ever had. I've also been using the Android L developer preview since late June which has made the "pure Android" experience feel even better.

This is my first Google flagship handset, but very far from the last.

Got a Alcatel one touch M'pop(OT-5020D),was the only non subscription smartphone they had which would hold two different simcards,so i can use 1 phone for both my personal and my businessnumber. :)
I'm even getting to appreciate the predictive text input of this,something which would be the first to be disabled in my previous phones for annoying the hell out of me and not helping at all.:D

Havelock Vetenari,
Reactions: CarolKing

grokit

well-worn member
I love my old nokia 5800, great phone/music player and especially great camera. But it's pretty dated otherwise. I now have a new geeksphone revolution, it's a dual-boot job that runs either android or a new browser-based open sourced smartphone os by mozilla called firefox os. I need to spend some quality time with this one before I adopt it, it's so uncommon that I can't even find a custom case/shell for it yet.

grokit

well-worn member
That Nokia 5800 I mentioned is an awesome phone. Touchscreen, great camera, very rugged but no real app store and only basic file transfer/sync with your computer. Pretty compact too.

Otherwise tracphones/prepaid phones etc are pretty basic.

elvenflow

Glad I voted to keep the other person with no cell phone company. Now if I could only get my grower to understand why I can't text her....

elvenflow,
Reactions: oliveoil

lion

I'm using an iPhone 5S and really like how it operates. Very user friendly and an App. Store which has over a million Apps. to choose from and download. I highly recommend that if you are in the market for a new Smart Phone...check them out, you will not be disappointed!!!

Oh, also if you are interested...check out an Internet site call www.giveawayoftheday.com

Take care.....Lion

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'm rocking a Chinese copy of the Samsung note3. Huge 5.7 inch screen and third of the price of the Samsung. My phone got stolen the other day and it was like my life is in that device. It was a bit scary to realise I relied on it so much. I got it back thankfully.

I gave up my iPad mini once i got a decent smartphone. I hate Apple products ... they have so many people fooled because there are so many better products on the market. My wife has an iPhone 5 :(

flickyourbic

I'm rocking a Chinese copy of the Samsung note3. Huge 5.7 inch screen and third of the price of the Samsung. My phone got stolen the other day and it was like my life is in that device. It was a bit scary to realise I relied on it so much. I got it back thankfully.

I gave up my iPad mini once i got a decent smartphone. I hate Apple products ... they have so many people fooled because there are so many better products on the market. My wife has an iPhone 5 :(

As much as I hate Apple products... I can ASSURE you the build quality is far greater when it comes to phones/tablets than their competitors.

I use an iPhone 5S. Tried a Galaxy and hated it. I've been an iPhone user except for that year with the Android since 2008.

flickyourbic,

CarolKing

I like my IPhone but I wouldn't stand in line for 48 hours to buy one, or longer. Some morons have been in line since yesterday to buy the IPhone 6. I just don't get it? Same with waiting for movies or Game Systems. I've got better things to do than camp in line.

CarolKing,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
As much as I hate Apple products... I can ASSURE you the build quality is far greater when it comes to phones/tablets than their competitors.
Compared to Samsung, definitely. HTC makes Android phones with iPhone-like build quality. I've heard good things about Sony's too. Love my HTC One.

Android has come a long way since 2008. Ever since Google hired Matias Duarte to head up design and released version 4.0 in 2011, it's really been a whole new ball game.

With that said, iOS 8 looks excellent. Apple wised up and added some of the best android features like intent-based sharing between apps, actionable notifications, custom keyboards, widgets… Looks good to me!

iPhone 4S users be warned, though: upgrading to iOS 8 will definitely make your phone run slower. Maybe not as bad as the initial iOS 7 release was for the iPhone 4, but unless you're dying to have those new features in your life I'd stick with what you've got.

Last edited:

Mrmrmrmr

I've had a samsung galaxy s5 since June. Been an iPhone user for 4 years before. Getting the s5 really opened my eyes to how customizable some android phones are and how much you can do. iPhones are simple and easy to use (I wonder why so many people buy them :hmm:;)). It seems time and time again we see a couple new features added on to each new version of the iPhone and I'm sure the 6/6 pro will be no different.
One feature I love on the s5 is the ultra power saving feature. I can go over a day without charging between 15-10%. I've actually tested it and it holds up true. About screen resolution..I've had every iPhone up to the 5s and I can honestly say the s5's screen is on another level.
It seems so many people today are buying iPhones just to buy an iPhone...

oliveoil

I have had my eye on getting a tablet recently for carrying to class with me for note taking purposes as well as using it to download the notes for each class on.
Then I just my phone(Galaxy Nexus) and saw my opportunity. I down graded to a flip phone and added a tablet (Lg G Pad) with data.
It actually costs less this way and I can more effectively use my smart device.

The G Pad is pretty good but screen res and camera quality are lacking.

Last edited:

clukx

Galaxy mega 6.3 inch screen I use it for everything since I currently have no TV or Internet at my apartment posting from It now!

clukx,
Reactions: grokit

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I do not use a personal tracking cancer box. Plus been there done that, it is a highly overrated and non essential device not to mention they are contributing to dysfunctional youth.

Top Bottom