Which book has had the biggest impact on your life?

Tweek

It had the biggest impact. Didn't say it was a good impact, but it was right on, that's for sure.

It was realistic. Steinbeck was writing during a time when people were reeling from the depression...he saw how desperate things could get. A lesson we seem to forget these days.

I don't care for books that sugarcoat life. It can be mean and ugly...but that just makes you appreciate the good things more.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
For me that would have to be Straight and Crooked Thinking by Robert Thouless:

I also highly recommend The Authoritarians by Bob Altemeyer. It's fairly short, easy to read, entertaining, and free! Many of us have already sensed its central premise*, but Altemeyer confirms our suspicions with his research. Unfortunately his findings are both scary and depressing, but they're also something everyone should understand.

* Left as an exercise for the reader. ;)

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
"Stay Gold Poneyboy, stay Gold"

So many great pieces of literature, awesome thread topic! For me it would have to be: Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawles

Last edited:

The High Cyde

Off the top of my head:

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin. Epic fantasy at its best.

Cold Mountain

The Things They Carried

The Jungle

The Fountainhead

Atlas Shrugged

Heart of Darkness

Pet Semetary

The Shining

Cujo

The High Cyde,
Reactions: knowmad

The High Cyde

Definitely gonna have to re-read that book again sometime. Hey it is October, might have to read it by the end of this month.

The High Cyde,
Reactions: moodster80

EveryDayAmnesiac

nqu4.jpg

"For there's a man inside me, and only when he's finally out, can I walk free of pain..."

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
Was two trilogies for me, not a single book.

The first and second Thomas Covenant trilogies by Stephen R. Donaldson. It is an amazing read that I would recommend to anyone.

Jahannum,
Reactions: knowmad
Top Bottom