What's up with blue jeans dropping after one day?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I recently purchased a 'web belt' - a belt without holes that you adjust from the buckle. I really enjoy it; so far every pair of jeans I have hold in place through the day, it's a whole new paradigm. I am very enthusiastic about this web belt thing.

jeffp,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
jeffp said:
I recently purchased a 'web belt' - a belt without holes that you adjust from the buckle. I really enjoy it; so far every pair of jeans I have hold in place through the day, it's a whole new paradigm. I am very enthusiastic about this web belt thing.

For some reason, that style of belt never works for me... whether it's a cheap belt or what, they always slide undone. At least with holes, there is nowhere for the buckle to slide.

mattybass,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It's a $5 Ebay web belt situation; the thing I like about this style of belt is that with hole belts you can never get it exact, it's either going to be a little tight or loose.
I think web belts are the shit.

jeffp,

Frickr

i cant have a pair of jeans last more then 2 weeks without wearing a hole into them. doesnt matter cheap brand or expensive brand, more often then not the expensive brands wear out faster. but i dont really mind i think they are comfier that way. my biggest problem with jeans is size though, i need atleast a 34 length, and the smallest waste is a 32 in that size, and they still slide right off. just got use to wearing a belt daily and no problems. i hate the boxer bunch you get from constantly pulling up your pants all day.

Frickr,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I'll re-plug duluth trading company since i really like them, and they do have at least some pairs in 30/34
I've only had mine 11 months so far, but no holes. I usually start wearing out jeans faster than these, they just seem well made.

maybe some of it is hype, but these guys seem like they really do make stuff for people that work hard for a living. I only found them a year ago, but i guess they got their start back in the 80s with the bucket boss.

EDIT
talked myself into buying some new pants from them
best review quote for the new pants "If I die in the deser, there will be something left to show I was there."

rabblerouser,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
If your problem is an expanding and contracting waist line, and you just don't like buying a belt, perhaps you should look into the elastic waist pants like my grandpa used to wear. You might look like a dork, but your pants won't fall down...just make sure you wear a nice long shirt so nobody notices your elastic waist.....
Otherwise, Levis makes about a million different cuts of jean...try one on and perhaps you'll find a style and fit you like? Slim straight Levis 514s is what works for me and I can usually find them on sale for around $30. For me, Levis offer the best choice of style at a reasonable price. Otherwise, good luck with your spiderman web-belt or get yourself some elastic waisters...

mudstar,
Top Bottom