What's the best thing to do with a lot of ABV?

herbivore21

Suppository. Full absorption baby!

lol but actually I'm in a similar position to you myself. Got a bunch of avb to do something with but don't know what. I really wanna try rehumidify a bunch of it and try rosin it :D

Otherwise I'll just do my old school sub-micron filtered winterized QWISO/LWET extraction. :D Should end up in a clear but runny oil with not much flavor. Still will have great effect and be great night time medicine.

herbivore21

FireCrackers.

Super easy and gets you on another planet.

I still don't know what planet, perhaps a different dimension?
With laughter and joy ruling the world.
lol you are not wrong about that my brother! I don't do edibles though, delta 11 THC seems to bring out the anxiety in me (sends me to the wrong planet and/or dimension lol). Still for those that enjoy edibles, this is one of the fastest ways to make your AVB useful again!

pressure

lol you are not wrong about that my brother! I don't do edibles though, delta 11 THC seems to bring out the anxiety in me (sends me to the wrong planet and/or dimension lol). Still for those that enjoy edibles, this is one of the fastest ways to make your AVB useful again!
Do what? Whats a fire cracker?

pressure,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There are a ton of things that can be done with abv. You can make a pain oil or salve from it. You can cook with it. You can make QWISO, tincture or FECO with it.

Unfortunately, a search using the term 'ABV' or 'Uses for ABV' don't turn up anything, so your best bet would be to hit the Cooking section.

pressure

There are a ton of things that can be done with abv. You can make a pain oil or salve from it. You can cook with it. You can make QWISO, tincture or FECO with it.

Unfortunately, a search using the term 'ABV' or 'Uses for ABV' don't turn up anything, so your best bet would be to hit the Cooking section.

Im excited about being able to use my recycled bud...

I was looking at it and wanted to smoke a joint of it this morning

pressure,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I was looking at it and wanted to smoke a joint of it this morning
Well besides my saying 'NO!' to that idea, lol...

My friend does that all the time when she runs out. Obviously it's not the same as smoking bud that hasn't been vaped but there are plenty of actives left in abv.

My advice? Don't do it. Use it in some form of edible instead.

zor

If you're hurting for flower but have a bunch of ABV, shake it up and load it up again, I've gotten some very pleasant effects (not so pleasant flavor, however!) by doing so.

This is somewhat related, save your stems and vape those too! I've found that packing a crucible or wand with stems can actually get me quite medicated. I don't think I would recommend grinding them up, though, just snap em into smaller twigs.

zor,
Reactions: 6 to 9

DabDiva

I definitely agree with not rolling up with it. That shit is nasty. SMOKING in general, even top shelf, is gross enough already lol

i hate the taste of abv and my edibles never can cover it up so i go with making concentrates

id also say the most potent method would be an alcohol extraction

I would use ever clear, from my experiences.

Removing/evaporating the alcohol is the most difficult step. But if you can do take some time to follow and proceed with the correct instructions then you should have something thats not worthless anymore ;)

edit : if taste is a concern. Water cure the abv for a week (remember to remove and also replace the water each day)

DabDiva,

Allanthia420

Like zoinks man
I definitely agree with not rolling up with it. That shit is nasty. SMOKING in general, even top shelf, is gross enough already lol

i hate the taste of abv and my edibles never can cover it up so i go with making concentrates

id also say the most potent method would be an alcohol extraction

I would use ever clear, from my experiences.

Removing/evaporating the alcohol is the most difficult step. But if you can do take some time to follow and proceed with the correct instructions then you should have something thats not worthless anymore ;)

edit : if taste is a concern. Water cure the abv for a week (remember to remove and also replace the water each day)

I did not know you could make concentrates with ABV! Do you have a link to some sort to some sort of guide or could you give me a rundown of how to do it? THat sounds like what I'd be wanting to do with it lol

Allanthia420,

DabDiva

I did not know you could make concentrates with ABV! Do you have a link to some sort to some sort of guide or could you give me a rundown of how to do it? THat sounds like what I'd be wanting to do with it lol

soak it in ever clear alcohol. in say a mason jar

drain the alcohol out into a pyrex dish using a coffee filter (unbleached filter is suggested)

evaporate alcohol using double boiler method

scrape up the goodies of whats left on pyrex dish, once all alcohol has evaporated

DabDiva,

Tommy10

For those of us living in the PRA (people's Republic of Australia) and not to be trusted with evil cleaning alcoh what would you use? We can buy state approved methylated spirits but it has nasty things added and Id assume not the first choice in making concentrates?

Tommy10,

DabDiva

For those of us living in the PRA (people's Republic of Australia) and not to be trusted with evil cleaning alcoh what would you use? We can buy state approved methylated spirits but it has nasty things added and Id assume not the first choice in making concentrates?

Do you have access to Everclear Grain Alcohol?

If not go for the highest % alcohol you are able to access and trust

Even something like vodka would work. It just doesn't work as well as Evercleafr (95% alcohol)

DabDiva,

Tommy10

No ever clear that I know of. Can buy Bacardi 151? But it's like $70usd fot 750ml... Which is a 1/4 ounce of herb :/​

Tommy10,

j-bug

Can you get the Polish vodka Spirytus Rektyfikowany in Australia? It's 192 proof and from what I've read is excellent for extracts.

j-bug,

Tommy10

Noooo chance! 151 is the strongest I have seen? At $30 a bottle for your typical 700ml 37% vodka 80 proof? Can it be used to make extracts? And would you have to use a lot, for say 1 ounce abv?

Tommy10,

j-bug

What about food grade vegetable glycerin? There's a handful of guides around for using that to create a tincture. I'm pretty sure the result is vapeable.

j-bug,
Top Bottom