What were YOU doing at 3 years old?

WOW!!:o I was definitely not doing that. I think I was just starting to ride a bike WITH training wheels. This kid'll be pro by the time he's 13, I bet.

SkeletonLips,

sour

True story, I was swimming in our pool by 3. I'm proud of that.

sour,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I can't even remember what i was doing 3 years ago, let alone when i was 3, you're asking too much of me! :uhoh:

Seriously though, that's pretty impressive.

steiner666,

lwien

sour said:
True story, I was swimming in our pool by 3. I'm proud of that.
Yup. I've seen vids of babies learning how to swim underwater at 3 months of age. Really is amazing how young we can learn things if only given the chance.

It's us paranoid, protective parents that really hold our kids back.

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I was at my first day care and I toddled on by a table consisting of 'happytime' snacks (thats what the staff called em). At the time, my favourite; ham sandwiches/mustard, vinegar chips and orange Fanta. I started eating like I was possessed. My parents were called, and I was removed from day care....permanently :).

Back in the good year of 1963.

Tom

tdavie,

sour

tdavie said:
I was at my first day care and I toddled on by a table consisting of 'happytime' snacks (thats what the staff called em). At the time, my favourite; ham sandwiches/mustard, vinegar chips and orange Fanta. I started eating like I was possessed. My parents were called, and I was removed from day care....permanently :).

Tom
That's classic!!! ahaha they permanently kick a toddler out of day care for eating like he's possessed! Sounds like they were way uptight. They could have tried just moving the food out of your reach.

sour,

Frickr

lets see... when i was 3... i was spraypainting my dads pickup... peeing on the neighbor girls... dumped a whole gallon of paint out on the driveway... gave my older brother stitches by throwing a rock at him... fell through a large vent on the floor into the basement... but i sure as hell wasnt doing that! i was a little shit haha. :D

Frickr,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lol, when I was 3 I was riding a Benjamin 50hp mini bike (hadn't yet ridden a bicycle). My grandmother kept reminding my dad "she's a girl, billy" LMAO!

I also took 2 teeny turtles my stepmother had and 'set them free' in the creek. She was NOT HAPPY!!!

Ahhh, to be 3 :D

Lo,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I was 3 in 1956. We lived in Sunnyvale, CA, a town near San Jose in the Bay Area. We lived in an old orchardist's farm house while hundreds of 1,500 sq ft homes sprung up around us, seemingly like mushrooms, practically overnight. Miles and miles of beautiful cherry and apricot orchards torn out for affordable homes.

And this is where I think I may have, over the years, manufactured memories of climbing down into a new, storm-drain catch-basin. My brain tells me I cautiously examined for foot holds before climbing down (yeah, right!).

I think because of the retelling of the tale, I subsequently fleshed out the details and made it into a false memory. Apparently I was there for hours before my mother and a carpenter found me in the basin, crying my eyes out.

However, to this day, I believe my mother took me into the house and fed me Chicken and Rice Campbell's Soup, which became my favorite for years.

macbill,

NathanBlades

tdavie said:

Tom
Helarius I got kicked out of preschool for asking to many questions, and wanting to just walk out the door to do somthing more fun lol

My mom had the same problem cause Id just decide im going accross town to my Grama's and neglect to tell anyone I was going. I gusse one time I tryed to hitch a ride in the back of some dudes pick up, and he ended up bringing me back to my moms :brow: I'm shure glad my son act snothing like I did when i was a little kid :D A missing 3yr old is pritty stressful for a parent somthing not conciderd at 3.

NathanBlades,

lwien

:D:D What's funny is that you guys are actually answering the question. I just posed it as the lead in to that video. Wasn't expecting any answers, but they're hilarious. LOL. Keep 'em coming.

For me, I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, let alone what I did when I was 3. :uhoh:

But man, a three year old kid snowboarding like that? See, if that was my kid, there's no way in hell that I could watch him do that without having a major anxiety attack. :/

lwien,

reprobate

vaporer
lwien said:
But man, a three year old kid snowboarding like that? See, if that was my kid, there's no way in hell that I could watch him do that without having a major anxiety attack. :/
Little guy's bones are still half rubber... and he's a lot closer to the ground so the fall isn't as far. ;)

What a talent!

reprobate,

chucku

Charles Urbane
I was fluent in German. It helps that oma was living with us. I have forgotten just about everything.

chucku,
Top Bottom