What vaporizers have precise/accurate temperature control?

mnd99

What vaporizers on the market, both plugin and portable have precise temperature control? I read Aromed has accurate temperature readings. Volcano digital? I read the coming Ascent might also have precise temp control. Is that it? What other ones you guys know?

mnd99,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well, most are accurate like that. At least the ones who have quality and aren't some chinese knockoff.

Arizer products, Herborizer, Herbalaire, 7th Floor Vapes, VXC Cloud, MiniVAP, ... the list goes on.

Just go to the vaporizer section and start going through one by one.. most vaporizers in the first page will fulfill your requirement.

vorrange,

mnd99

Well, most are accurate like that. At least the ones who have quality and aren't some chinese knockoff.

Arizer products, Herborizer, Herbalaire, 7th Floor Vapes, VXC Cloud, MiniVAP, ... the list goes on.

Are you absolutely sure? Going through the Arizer product thread - I see many users saying the temp readings are not accurate. I read that HA 2.2 temp readings are indeed accurate with an error margin of +-5f. You positive about the others?

mnd99,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
They are all usually accurate within a +-5/10F margin.

And Solo temps are accurate, you read something else and misunderstood the meaning.

The most accurate devices are usually plug-in units, with a high convection/conduction ratio, both rested and in use.

Usually they are the most expensive as well.

vorrange,

mnd99

They are all usually accurate within a +-5/10F margin.

And Solo temps are accurate, you read something else and misunderstood the meaning.

Ahh thanks for the clarification. I do understand things wrong. Nice that you mention solo. What I was looking for was a vaporizer that I can dial specific temps, like for example 165C and know that it gets there within a certain accuracy. Any on the market with no error margin can get me exactly 165C?

mnd99,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
nearly every thermometer is going to have some margin of error. that's one aspect.

then there is where is the temp sensor located in relation to the material being vaporized.

For example the supreme vaporizer temp sensor is in a different spot then say the digital volcano.

so when a unit says 165C that doesn't necessarily mean the material is at that temp.

good luck, why do you want this accuracy?

vaporonly,
Reactions: steama

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The only vape I know of that has made this kind of claim is the Ion and it was a 2 degree margin of error (I believe...to be certain read the thread). The question gets brought up because the Extreme had temps all over the place. You could dial in 190 on the temp but you might get anywhere from 175 to 205. And they kept moving the sensor around so the units weren't consistent. The Q is now consistent, but I don't know if they are saying the temp dialed in is the temp at the herb. The soon-to-be-released herbalizer focuses on this at-the-herb temperature at great expense.

So I get what you are asking. Manufacturers that are giving specific temps are giving the reading at whatever place they put the sensor, and it is never in the herb chamber. Some use the temp at this sensor and an algorithm to estimate the temp at the herb. And, like I said, the only two companies I know of that make this specific claim are the Ion and the Herbalizer. I would think the Heralizer would be the more accurate of the two, as they have multiple sensors and I don't think are using algorithms.

stickstones,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Okay, that is different. I must warn you that it is virtually irrelevant to have a difference smaller than 5F from the chosen temp, when it comes to vaporizing.

If you want a digital readout, there are much less options. From experience, and unless you plan on using many diferent herbs with many different temperatures, an analog readout would work better usually, or a vaporizer with a finite number of temperatures to choose from.

If you want to go digital and accurate, you have Arizer Extreme, Volcano Digital, DaVinci and Davinci Ascent, and Herbalizer. That's it.

And the ION, as sticks said.

vorrange,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
In concept, I agree with vorrange. if you get to know your analog vape, it shouldn't matter. but neither of us is talking from experience. I have an Ion but never used it enough to speak for it to that detail, and the Herbalizer isn't out yet. I do, however, have hope that it can take the vaporization experience to another level...we shall see!

stickstones,

satyrday

Also, it's one thing to have an accurate starting temp, but how many can hold that temp throughout the draw? I think you're getting into extremely rarefied company with that criterion. I believe that is what the Herbalizer promises.

satyrday,

max

Out to lunch
What I was looking for was a vaporizer that I can dial specific temps, like for example 165C and know that it gets there within a certain accuracy.
If that's your priority then a Volcano is your best option. Bag fillers can maintain a set temp because the air flow is constant. With a direct draw model your draw speed is a factor in the vaping temp.

Most people who come to vaporizing with your requirement end up ditching it. It's really not that big of a deal to know the exact temp and the market's not really there yet either, nor is any kind of reliable testing available (aside from the rare 'study') to verify manuf. claims anyway.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
max said:
It's really not that big of a deal to know the exact temp

i beg to differ.

and, constant air flow is not required if the design is right, meaning enough amps on demand from the power source, plus computer sensing and control of the heater.

reliable testing can be had with a $10 BBQ thermometer.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: MG23

satyrday

i beg to differ.

and, constant air flow is not required if the design is right, meaning enough amps on demand from the power source, plus computer sensing and control of the heater.

reliable testing can be had with a $10 BBQ thermometer.
Where do you stick the BBQ thermometer? Poke it in the whip tube? I didn't realize they could sense temp change that fast.

satyrday,

MG23

Relaxin'
From Herbalaire:

Superior temperature control
250°F (121°C) - 400°F (205°C) temperature control (accurate within 1°C, or 2°F) allows for optimal vaporization temperature. HerbalAire's Learning Temperature control adapts to the climate and environment where it is being used.

MG23,
Reactions: mnd99

hoptimum

Storz & Bickel claim that the Volcano Digit is accurate within 1.5 degrees C.

hoptimum,

mnd99

From Herbalaire:

Superior temperature control
250°F (121°C) - 400°F (205°C) temperature control (accurate within 1°C, or 2°F) allows for optimal vaporization temperature. HerbalAire's Learning Temperature control adapts to the climate and environment where it is being used.

Thank you for this!!! and thanks for all the replies. I was reading more about HA and what's with several users talking about health concerns regarding teflon and HA? I'm not very technical but is teflon bad and is there any real health concern?

What about Aromed? I read that there is a blinking light to make sure you are breathing at the set air speed to maintain the temperature...may not be ideal but still works, right?

mnd99,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Where do you stick the BBQ thermometer? Poke it in the whip tube? I didn't realize they could sense temp change that fast.

i put mine at the hottest part of the heater. You're right that they don't respond very quickly when there is dramatic temperature change - such as during initial power on that drives the heater from room temperature to vape temperature, but once at setpoint the temp is slowly varying and a 1 to 2 second lag is not a problem.

A second BBQ thermometer in the middle of the herb shows that the herb will reach the heater temp during the first 5 seconds of the toke. my vape design allows me to make this second measurement.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: satyrday

MG23

Relaxin'
Thank you for this!!! and thanks for all the replies. I was reading more about HA and what's with several users talking about health concerns regarding teflon and HA? I'm not very technical but is teflon bad and is there any real health concern?

Also from Herbalaire:

Safe, Tested Design

The HerbalAire is constructed using durable, high tech materials producing no smell or taste. The vaporizing air is completely isolated from the heating element and flows through only the safest materials (Teflon is a revolutionary material used in cookware, completely safe for herbal vaporizer temperatures). The exterior of the herbalAire is glass filled nylon.

MG23,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
just to be technical, all these claims are most likely related to a sensor somewhere before the herb. from there, the temp in the herb is estimated with some sort of algorithm. I think the herbalizer will be the only unit with a temp sensor as close to the herb as they have it. The Ion doesn't have a temp sensor in the bowl, so it probably falls into this algorithm category. I will leave it up to more brilliant minds like hippie to determine if the accuracy results of the algorithm method are noticeably different from the direct sensor method.

stickstones,
Reactions: Tweek
Top Bottom