• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What other herbs have you tried in your vaporizer?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'm also curious about other herbs that can be vaped :brow:
As someone who can't stand the taste of beer, should I be staying away from hops?
I've read about hops being vape-able at a few different places, but I've never thrown anything other than MJ in a vape yet...

To those of you in the know:
Any suggestions for herbs that'd be good for insomnia, or asthma (or just generally helpful to the lungs)?
TBH, I don't find that MJ helps me get to sleep all that much, I think its something about being active enough to vape gets me going enough so that I won't want to sleep...
Even if I'm hitting my solo in bed with my aqua-vape :lol:
(I like the sound of this mulungu stuff - I may just have to try it :))

EDIT:
What do you guys think of the prices on this site?
http://www.happyhighherbs.com/Products/Smoking-Herbs
http://www.happyhighherbs.com/Products/Relaxation-Herbs/cid/8/Relaxation

Frederick McGuire,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
I'm not sure how significant this really is, but you aren't supposed to internally use herbs/oils that aren't "culinary grade". Maybe it's just marketing, but for example there is lavender sold to smell good, but recipes that have lavender will call for culinary grade lavender. This definitely is important for essential oils, which may not be pure or safe for internal use if not intended for culinary purposes.

Frederick, I'm not sure if you would like the taste of hops or not, not all beer tastes hops-like. But, most likely someone who doesn't like beer wouldn't like hops either. Hops has a strong bitter taste, and I find it very relaxing. I've never tried vaping any of this stuff either, but I know some herbs help me sleep when taken orally so they'd probably only work better when vaped but you'll have to try it out.

I've found Valarian, hops, and California poppy to be effective herbal sleeping aids, but everyone is different.

I like these sites for herbs, high quality products but probably not the cheapest:
Mountainroseherbs.com
Shamansgarden.com

tepictoton

I tried damiana yesterday and cloud herb(tagetes lucida)

the cloud herb did not give much vapor, yet i could definately taste it. Might need to grind it up very finally for better results.

damiana gave nice vapor and tasted nice too.

have tried them in my solo up to 7, clud herb gave about 2 visible vapor hits, the damiana about 6

as to the effect, hard to say, seeing it was my exprimenting night. After some nice silver haze and some two cee bees i could not really tell anymore:p

tepictoton,

turk

turk
I'm also curious about other herbs that can be vaped :brow:
As someone who can't stand the taste of beer, should I be staying away from hops?
I've read about hops being vape-able at a few different places, but I've never thrown anything other than MJ in a vape yet...

To those of you in the know:
Any suggestions for herbs that'd be good for insomnia, or asthma (or just generally helpful to the lungs)?
TBH, I don't find that MJ helps me get to sleep all that much, I think its something about being active enough to vape gets me going enough so that I won't want to sleep...
Even if I'm hitting my solo in bed with my aqua-vape :lol:
(I like the sound of this mulungu stuff - I may just have to try it :))

EDIT:
What do you guys think of the prices on this site?
http://www.happyhighherbs.com/Products/Smoking-Herbs
http://www.happyhighherbs.com/Products/Relaxation-Herbs/cid/8/Relaxation
hey frederick, check out the herbs 7th floor has now available (go the the ssv thread and it's under accessories I believe..) and yes those prices are pretty standard....you can also try bouncing bear botanicals, who I have been pleased with so far...

turk,

natural farmer

Ohhhh boy, this white sage is long lasting... just finished The Avengers and the white sage I got from TrancePlants (ebay) kept me a really nice company. As a matter of fact I saw the whole movie without many distractions, unlike what happens with mj where there are so many ideas and thoughts, every movie seems meaningless... The buzz is very similar, a head thing, like mj, mild and tasty (mint family?).. I think I can very comfortably spend some time with this fine plant if out of mj or if I need a more clear head but with a nice buzz. Already got 1+ hour of effect and it's still going after a bowl in my Solo at 7... Salvia Apiana, I like you and I will try to grow you too! :love: The smell of it freshly ground is also amazing! And it clouds a lot!!!
Also tried some Damiana from the same store but got not so great of a buzz, will experiment some more.
When the night falls I am trying some mulungu extract. It came as a powder. Anyone knows how I could use it with the Solo stem? :D

natural farmer,

tor

I don't know if someone answered, but I tried with tobacco and it is very very acid smoke. It is not good. I don't know by the way, the nicotine vaporization temperature.

tor,

Jdog

Anyone tried Vaping salvia before? I've tried various essential oils and such , love lavender and cinnamon oils

Jdog,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
If your talking about Salvia divinorum, you'll never reach the temp required to release the 'active' in it with a vape.

smokum

Readings tell me that about 240C (464F) is needed to vaporize the Salvinorin.

I know that while dabbling with the drug, that I couldn't even get it to 'effect' in a joint properly let alone any vapes I currently own and always needed to flame hit it in a bowl for full effect.

smokum,

Jdog

Hmmm.... Interesting.... Thanks peeps!!
Maybe a combination of a variable temp vape with low rez cart?
I don't know, I've been trying to see if I can vape all kinds of stuff. My sister sent me a smoking herb mix. It's got straight up flower bits in it: rose, camomile and varying size of leaf matter of mint and lavender and stuff. It tasted okay, but it definitely didn't smell too good

Jdog,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've read somewhere, that you don't need to get to boiling point of the salvinorin to vaporize. Just like water, it will evaporate even at liquid state. Just slower. Haven't tried vaping salvia d., only smoked few times. Weird shit. It is very dissociative (dysphoric, disconnecting, deralizing, depersonalizing, sensory deprivating, analgesic, perspective disorting, at high doses hallucinogenic and amnestic), sometimes paralyzing, sometimes inducing motion by perceiving a "real" force. Warping reality. It's not comforable feeling, skin feels tight, pulsing in head, merging with objects... At least in last only few minutes, eating it could be hell.

Jdog

I have tried it a few times at low doses. I have heard of, but never experienced more than uncontrollable fits of laughter. I figured maybe Vaping would allow for more control over dosage. I have never heard of it being eaten though

Jdog,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Sorry, no eating, it shouldn't get swallowed. But left in mouth for minutes. Then it should be acting longer and not that sharp. Needs way more salvia to do this.

Laughing is common on low doses. I think I always got medium - warping persperctive, brainfuck, derealization, intense body feel described above, but only once it was almost hallucinogenic for me (For a minute everything got in some vortex with no perspective, objects and people merging into each other in that vortex). Never experienced breakthrough dose and low never did much to me, even not the laughing, only body feel.

Seek,

smokum

I got totally mind fucked, and felt like I was being pulled in two directions by invisible hands. Wasn't my bag, so never did it again after that uncomfortable feeling experience.

smokum,

Jdog

Hahahah! I couldn't imagine putting all that flakey leaf in my mouth just to get a head change....sounds like the cinnamon challenge to me .
I have definately seen a huge range of "potencies" but it seems to be a unique scale to each company. I haven't really found any that seem to have standardized rating scales

Jdog,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
sososo!

Salvia D. : 350°c and more for vaping!

and yes have tested maany herbs in my vapes cause as a vape distributor and retailer in a country where our favorite herb is illegal... I have to do my demos on my booth with legal herbs!
In fact we were at an enormous fair called solidays and we had :
lavender
rose
pepper mint
coffee (yes I know it's unbelievable but it vapes!)
damiana

Have tested and like:
eucalyptus
thym
camomilla
blue lotus

BTW our youtube channel (in my sig) also shows how we can only use legal herbs, even in our videos!
;)

FLskwat,
Reactions: Red Indy

Jdog

I'm not sure how significant this really is, but you aren't supposed to internally use herbs/oils that aren't "culinary grade". Maybe it's just marketing, but for example there is lavender sold to smell good, but recipes that have lavender will call for culinary grade lavender. This definitely is important for essential oils, which may not be pure or safe for internal use if not intended for culinary purposes.

Frederick, I'm not sure if you would like the taste of hops or not, not all beer tastes hops-like. But, most likely someone who doesn't like beer wouldn't like hops either. Hops has a strong bitter taste, and I find it very relaxing. I've never tried vaping any of this stuff either, but I know some herbs help me sleep when taken orally so they'd probably only work better when vaped but you'll have to try it out.

I've found Valarian, hops, and California poppy to be effective herbal sleeping aids, but everyone is different.

I like these sites for herbs, high quality products but probably not the cheapest:
Mountainroseherbs.com
Shamansgarden.com

I have also read about this. I use certain blends of essential oils as nutritional supplement. They definitely have to be of the highest quality when you eat/ingest them. I think it has something to do with how they extract the oils from the plants.
Anyways, I follow this same rule for Vaping even though it's a bit more pricey. Just like to play it safe.

Jdog,

SVuser

I have no experience with the Supreme i don't know if its bowl can be removed and cleaned.. I use the herbs i listed successfully with DBV,MFLB,Vapo-bowl,Magick Wand, and LSV.. No odor issues at all :) .. I do a quick water wash after every session no matter of the vaped substance.. I noticed that doing that removes the smell and keep everything clean.
Anyway my vapo-bowl is metal and i have no odor issues.. I guess supreme will be just fine just don't overburn the herbs :) . Also forgot to mention that i've use damiana,lotus,wild dagga in my UD (log vape) .

The herb chamber cannot be removed, it is held in place with a pin. You can see this if you look into the herb chamber (at least on the original SV1) . Personally I wouldn't use "other" herbs in it due to the wood which may absorb some flavour/aroma - YMMV.

SVuser,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've hit the absolute limit for salvia a few times now. Vivid out of body hallucinations. One time in real life my shirt was smoldering/on fire. Luckily I had a friend there to prevent just this sort of thing. I never reacted to the fire since I was out of touch with all of my senses. It is not to be taken lightly. Other out of body experiences that I remember with great clarity many many years later.

darkrom,
Reactions: Tweek

bluesurfboy

don't know about peppermint, but spearmint can get harsh on the throat.

don't do coffee, but green tea is great.

roasemary isn't too bad either.

next up is gonna be fennel.

how do you do green tea, what kind do you use, and just placed in vaporizer?

bluesurfboy,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I've used eucalyptus, peppermint and sometimes their oils in volcano bags and inhaled it thru the nose. Kills the bag for future use but turkey bags are cheap. It really opens me up to breathe during a bad cold. You can use a straw if your shy or just squeeze the "Humbee Bagpipe" at your nose while inhaling.

Caveat: Close your eyes if they are sensitive.

Fully Melted,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
I've used eucalyptus, peppermint and sometimes their oils in volcano bags and inhaled it thru the nose. Kills the bag for future use but turkey bags are cheap. It really opens me up to breathe during a bad cold. You can use a straw if your shy or just squeeze the "Humbee Bagpipe" at your nose while inhaling.

Caveat: Close your eyes if they are sensitive.
Lemon balm has less harsh vapor and acts the same for me.

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Where do you guys think is the best and safest place to get wild dagga? I can vape with the pax or are the temps to low there?

lesvape,
Top Bottom