• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

what makes the high feel different than smoking?

Wizsteve

The effects feel cleaner to me but I was try to explain to a friend what that means. I was just wondering exactly what the scientific explanation is of why thr high feels different. Vaping cannabis vs smoking it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well the main difference is the temp your using with burning you have no control.
with vaping (if your vaporizer can be adjusted) you have full control of what you get
see each cannabinoid or
Phytocannabinoids
has a different temp their released )below borrowed from another forum)

so if your vaping below 365 f you can avoid the sedative effects of indica by not releasing the cbn

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant
------------------------------------------------------------------------
this gives you a idea full source found here
http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf

Last edited:

Skyscraper

I have to disagree a bit; vaping doesn't necessarely make you more active. After a heavy session, you're pretty much on your ass.
I also discovered that the high last longer and the recovery too. MEaning that you may even feel the effects on the next day, unlike with smoking!
Did anybody make a similar experience?

Most definitely longer lasting, but the next day recovery is more of a relaxed body feeling with less head fog. Usually the first thing I wanna do upon waking up after late night sessions is start up again, but I use for recreation and wanna stretch what I have/ keep the tolerance low, so I usually just feel let down when I do start up first thing. Never was a fan of wake n' baking.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I am not sure of the science behind it, but some feel that there are some effects from the chemicals present from combusting, that are absent when vaping. To be honest, I just found that I needed to find the proper vaporizer, and the high ended up feeling the same, if not better.
I've read that a big difference in the feeling receive from combusting vs. vaping is the reaction your body has to defending itself from the smoke and toxins released from combusting. Those reactions do not take place when vaping (or very minimally, for those who push the higher temps when vaping).

Chill Dude

Agreed, the only thing I miss about combustion is the intense early onset high you get the first 5 minutes or so, especially the head rush you get from a strong sativa. However, as you said it's probably due to the various toxins released from combustion including benzene. OTOH, vaping kicks ass! The high lasts longer and is more intense and your weed lasts much longer than combustion. Not only that you are not damaging your lungs. What's not to like.......

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Agreed, the only thing I miss about combustion is the intense early onset high you get the first 5 minutes or so, especially the head rush you get from a strong sativa. However, as you said it's probably due to the various toxins released from combustion including benzene. OTOH, vaping kicks ass! The high lasts longer and is more intense and your weed lasts much longer than combustion. Not only that you are not damaging your lungs. What's not to like.......
Hey Chill Dude, I missed that too! (Past tense, missed...)

I believe I've regained as much of that feeling as is possible, without combusting. As my daily driver, I use an Arizer EQ, and mods that I use, which have come to be knows as the DDave Mod ;) ... Basically, when I'm looking for the "rush" effect, I crank the Arizer to 230C and grab a few really thick hits. This brings about that feeling of Matrix-slowdown, brief altered visuals (kind of swimmy), and that grasp the table for a moment - everything's moving feeling....

I know at 230C, I'm releasing a bit of Benzene and maybe some other unwanteds, but have a condition that really benefits from Fast/Heavy session on occasion. For regular sessions, I don't pass 200C, unless I have a strain that won't produce vapor @ 200C.

Hope this helps!

Vape On!

weedemon

enthusiast
smoke contains things like CO and all the other byproducts of combustion. the high you feel from smoking as actually a vaporized high + all the other 100's of other nasty things that come with smoke.

the "high" we learned as smokers was a lie and only a small part of the high compounded with all the other things that came in the smoke.

Vapor = Substance in GAS form, dispersing in the air.

Smoke = Particles + Soot + Ashes + Thermal decomposition products + some of the substance in gas phase.
*http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/584855-Chemical-difference-between-smoke-and-vapor

BoomBangVape

Just inputting as a chemist who has incidentally inhaled is fair share of pure benzene, toluene, don't work with too much naphthalene. That for me, the head rush, couch lock stuff "lazy" high, I can readily identify as being the byproduct of inhaling viscous chemicals. People huff those sorts of things much more intensely to get very high, but here is simply provides an augment to your primary high.

BoomBangVape,
Reactions: Vaporgin.
There are two parts to the high when smoking. One part is caused by the activation of CB receptors (often referred to as the head high) while the second part is caused by the toxins (much like a cigar buzz). I suspect the main culprit for the second part is carbon monoxide, binding to hemoglobin and lowering the amount of oxygen in the blood, resulting in a sort of general numbness all over the body. I tested this little theory of mine awhile back by vaping before smoking a cigar, it felt like the exact same high from smoking. Of course, other unwanted chemicals such as hydrogen cyanide and benzene are probably playing a role too but overall the difference in the two highs is caused by toxins resulting from combustion.

Basically, the bottom line is
Smoking = Cannabinoid High + Toxidromic buzz (carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, benzene, etc)
Vaporizing = Cannabinoid High

Last edited:
LonelyStoner,

Grim Chiclets

I tested this little theory of mine awhile back by vaping before smoking a cigar, it felt like the exact same high from smoking.
Yep, I've done this as well, ripped a PnP bullet and then smoked a cig (I've since quit) and holy crap, it was like I just smoked 5 joints to myself.

Also I remember reading something about terpenes being boiled off too fast in smoke vs. vapor or something? <not a chemist

Grim Chiclets,
Also I remember reading something about terpenes being boiled off too fast in smoke vs. vapor or something? <not a chemist

Sort of,

Cannabinoids like the majority of organic compounds are built upon carbon backbones and are highly combustible. When you light cannabis on fire, naturally a lot of them get broken down by combustion before being able to "escape" into the gas phase

Zookeeper

Smoke some AVB and you know the difference. That buzz is what some people want.. Its what gives weed a bad name IMO.

Every smoker should be forced to smoke AVB so they know exactly what they are taking in their body besides cannabinoids. You can make oil with cannabinoid-less avb too which puts into light exactly how impure runny dark concentrates are.

Top Bottom